Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2016, 13:32   #1006
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
Hi guys !
So I was in a bit of a BMW dilemma so posting it on here. I was actually looking at the new X1 but it is coming out to be at 42 on road here for the xline fwd. I got offered a 320d 2015 luxury line stock car (new car) for 41. The dealer I feel would go down to 38-39 on the same but probably wont budge on the X1. I have no preference on a SUV/sedan. I am not a quick driver either. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Apparently, the 3 series have just been facelifted, so the 2015 model you'll get will feel a bit outdated, at least in comparison.
I was at the BMW showroom just yesterday and saw both.
The new X1 does have a pretty good presence and feels very very nice. It also has better features as compared to 2015 320d I suppose.
If you were asking about the current 2016 320d facelifted vs X1 then it would have been confusing. But 2015 320d vs X1?
X1 for sure
crazy_rahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 17:47   #1007
Team-BHP Support

With pre facelift 3 series, definitely X1. I'd pick X1 over the new 3 series as well simply for its added comfort and practicality. If raw driving pleasure is your topmost priority over all else then I guess 3 will prevail.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 13:55   #1008
BHPian

Been a hectic few days with this whole car search .

So I went to the Mercedes dealer as well but found his dealing a bit sketchy and he told me that they consider the showroom display cars as stock cars and just give it to customers. They also had a way higher RTO number for the same ex-showroom price than BMW which really made me question the dealer and the brand as well. I don't know if something else other than being CKD and the ex-showroom price affects the RTO. Another thing was that he would only give me a discount if I took the full insurance with their star care program which turned out to be 2.60 L and he would then give me the insurance for 1 L which just seemed plain stupid. All these things really turned me off the brand even though their pre-sales was spot on. So it was decided to choose between the X1 and the 2015 320d (old stock) which was 42 and 39L respectively.

Sunday morning I wake up to dad telling me there is an ad in the newspaper for a 320d Msport (2016, newest model) bought on April 4th and run only 1200 kms (back and forth to Bombay). We called up and got the price at 46 which was 9 below the list price of the new one. Owner's son did not like the drive and so they bought another SLK. I went to check it out with no intention of really buying it but as soon as I saw the Estoril blue and that front bumper I was swayed. We went back and finalized the deal at 42L. I do think it was a lakh more than what I was willing to do but the condition was showroom like and ofcourse had been used only on two occasions and only a month and half old.

So yeah barring any last minute glitches I think we will be taking this car over the new X1 and 2015 3 series. I just felt that the deal at 42L was better than the other two deals and the looks of the M Sport were amazing. Thanks to Axe77 and crazy_rahul for making me think twice about the 2015 3 series and rightly so.

Here are the pictures:

Will put up more when I get the car home
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-imag0204min.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-imag0202min.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-imag0205min.jpg  

Last edited by ajmat : 17th May 2016 at 09:34.
kartavya is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 18:38   #1009
BHPian

Hello Friends,

I would like to know from anyone, who knows anybody in BMW if there are any plans to import more powerful petrol engines for the 3 series in the near future.

I have been waiting patiently for the launch of 328/330i for quite sometime. It was known since January that petrol engines would make a comeback in 3 series and X1 also.

The launch of the 3 series as 320i was a bit of an anti-climax.

Have been looking in the meantime at the Jaguar XE portfolio edition, and also the Volvo S60 T6 300 Bhp FWD. However, these would be compromise choices, only in the absence of 328/330i.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 16th May 2016, 22:44   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strella View Post
Hello Friends,

I would like to know from anyone, who knows anybody in BMW if there are any plans to import more powerful petrol engines for the 3 series in the near future.

I have been waiting patiently for the launch of 328/330i for quite sometime. It was known since January that petrol engines would make a comeback in 3 series and X1 also.

The launch of the 3 series as 320i was a bit of an anti-climax.

Have been looking in the meantime at the Jaguar XE portfolio edition, and also the Volvo S60 T6 300 Bhp FWD. However, these would be compromise choices, only in the absence of 328/330i.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
The AWD s60 Polestar is coming in a few months. I would suggest you wait for that. 362 HP for not much more. I suggest you wait a while. As for bimmer, your only option is to buy the 320i and remap. However it's not worth the asking price IMHO.
reignofchaos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 16:21   #1011
BHPian

So have had the M sport for 10 days now. The transaction went well. We realized there was a tiny scratch and tiny dent near the front. I am not sure if we missed it earlier or not. Decided it isn't something to fuss about as were already getting a great deal at 42L for a car month old and only 1200 on the odo.

Initial impressions are amazing having driven the car for 300 kms. The HUD is so lovely and has got a lot more detail than I expected at first. The front seats are really good with the thigh support extensions and sport seats. The comfort mode is average but the sports mode is really nice. The car is a looker in the estoril blue for sure and turns head everywhere with people half expecting it to rev like the M3 . Love the steering as well.

We had a 1 hour trip to and fro with passengers in the rear and the opinion of the passengers was that it was extremely comfortable (I wasn't expecting that). I had checked the new C with the LCI 3 and the one huge difference between them is the rear seats, the C has no thigh support and comfort in the rear compared to the 3. However C did have much plush interiors.

There is some rattling of sorts on the back side and I am going to figure out the same today could be something left in the trunk but I do need to attend to it.

All in all love the car and n particular kudos to BMW on the M styling and the Estoril blue color. It is only a visual upgrade with few fancy features but the visual upgrades make it look a bit better than the regular luxury/sports line.
Attaching a few pictures of the car post delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-imag0211.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-imag0210.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-imag0220min.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-imag0212min.jpg  

kartavya is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 11:02   #1012
BHPian

Had a slight disaster last night. It was pretty stormy in Delhi last night with lots of things flying around and my 320d was parked outside in its usual place.

This morning I wake up to find that the front windshield of my 320d has a massive crack on it and the bonnet also has a pretty big dent on it.

Obviously the windshield will have to get replaced and some body work is needed as well. Was just wondering of insurance/BSI covers the windshield? I know the body is covered under insurance/BSI. Any input will be appreciated.
Old 30th May 2016, 12:00   #1013
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Was just wondering of insurance/BSI covers the windshield?
I think Insurance will cover this, BSI covers Tyres/ Alloys and hydrostatic locks. You will take hit on no-claim bonus rest should be covered.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 12:27   #1014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is some rattling of sorts on the back side and I am going to figure out the same today could be something left in the trunk but I do need to attend to it.
I have two questions for you:

1.) I can see the mood lighting ( I think that's what it's called) in the car. How do you activate that? I have bought the M Sport as well on Friday and I haven't been able to figure that out.

2.) My car also has rattling at the back. It more prominent on the right side though I think there is a faint rattle on the left side too. Initially I suspected the sun blind but that's not the reason. Also, the rattle stops when I roll down the window. Is this similar to what you are facing?

I do plan to start a ownership report soon but right now the car is just 2 days old and I ams till discovering the joy of owning a BMW. Here is a teaser pic of my new 320d M Sport.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img_3238.jpg  

amit is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 17:34   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post

I do plan to start a ownership report soon but right now the car is just 2 days old and I ams till discovering the joy of owning a BMW. Here is a teaser pic of my new 320d M Sport.
Congratulations on your new M sport. Would it be possible for you to pm me the deal you got ? Thanks . Looking forward to your new thread and more pictures. Lots of Happy Miles.
Old 5th June 2016, 17:44   #1016
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

1.) I can see the mood lighting ( I think that's what it's called) in the car. How do you activate that? I have bought the M Sport as well on Friday and I haven't been able to figure that out.
Those lights only come on when the parking lights or headlamps are on. To get that to full brightness - go to settings - lighting and raise the ambient lighting level to full. This is also linked to the roller next to the headlamp switch which controls speedometer and other interior lights brightness. Make sure this is on full too, and you will have full brightness of ambient lights.
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 18:16   #1017
BHPian

Quote:

2.) My car also has rattling at the back. It more prominent on the right side though I think there is a faint rattle on the left side too. Initially I suspected the sun blind but that's not the reason. Also, the rattle stops when I roll down the window. Is this similar to what you are facing?

Hi amit !
Congratulations on the car, the Msport looks great in white too.

On the first point I think akshay has got it spot on. Just have a look at it in the night and it should be fine.

For the rattling, I took it to the workshop where they adjusted the door settings. We took a test drive right after and the rattling reduced by nearly 95%, he did say he could tighten the door more but this is perfect. I hardly have any rattling now (mine was predominantly left rear door and bit on the right). I think it is something to do with the fitting of the door. It took them 20-30 minutes for the whole job to get done. I was happy with the outcome even though and was promised that I could bring it anytime and they would fix it. I did not check the rattle with the window rolled down before it got fixed but even I got a hunch it might be from the sunblinds but it was not. I think it is probably the door adjustments.

Congratulations on the car ! Do let us know the initial impressions !

Last edited by kartavya : 5th June 2016 at 18:18.
Old 5th June 2016, 18:55   #1018
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi amit !
Congratulations on the car, the Msport looks great in white too.

On the first point I think akshay has got it spot on. Just have a look at it in the night and it should be fine.

For the rattling, I took it to the workshop where they adjusted the door settings. We took a test drive right after and the rattling reduced by nearly 95%, he did say he could tighten the door more but this is perfect. I hardly have any rattling now (mine was predominantly left rear door and bit on the right). I think it is something to do with the fitting of the door. It took them 20-30 minutes for the whole job to get done. I was happy with the outcome even though and was promised that I could bring it anytime and they would fix it. I did not check the rattle with the window rolled down before it got fixed but even I got a hunch it might be from the sunblinds but it was not. I think it is probably the door adjustments.

Congratulations on the car ! Do let us know the initial impressions !
Rattling kind of sounds could also be from the door rubber beading. I've found this does happen quite a lot. Applying some lubricant there solves the issue.
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 22:02   #1019
BHPian

Guys,
Just wanted to confirm the staggered tyre setup on the Msport version of the LCI. My front tyres read 225/45/18 and rear tyres read 255/40/18. I havn't got the car from the showroom so I just wanted to confirm the staggered setup is fine. Also I had no idea until today that I had this setup on my car ! :P. Do all the 3 series/RWD come with a staggered setup?
Old 6th June 2016, 13:04   #1020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just wanted to confirm the staggered tyre setup on the Msport version of the LCI. My front tyres read 225/45/18 and rear tyres read 255/40/18. I havn't got the car from the showroom so I just wanted to confirm the staggered setup is fine.
Yes the MSport comes with this set up from the showroom. The same sizes are installed on my car.
amit is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks