Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2012, 06:48   #46
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Range Rover (4th Generation) : Driven

Ajit
What a beautiful review and what stunning photos!
You're a lucky man to have travelled to such an "antique land" to test out some ultra-modern machinery!
Well done and keep 'em coming!
Cheers!
Old 22nd November 2012, 07:59   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Nice write-up. Is this the first time they are offering the panoramic roof ? Don't remember seeing any Range Rovers here in Mumbai with the panoramic roof. Personally i like the look of the present Range Rover's, they have a certain aspirational value in India & this car is bound to do well here!
I believe its going to be launched in March here in India.

The tail-lamp design of the 4th generation RR seems to be inspired by the XUV5oo!
Attachment 1017038
+1 to that !

XUV 5oo flashed in my mind when i saw that rear lamp.
Out of curiosity, is the rear lamp design of XUV 5oo is borrowed from some other car/suv ?
Old 22nd November 2012, 09:03   #48
Senior - BHPian

What an excellent review Ajmat! The pics are really stunning and pic with front left wheel in the gap made me gasp

The SUV in itself is a beast to behold and the interiors are fabulous. Loved the steering wheel and the split rear seats in particular.

Rating the thread much deserved 5*s. And kudos to Team-BHP for taking it international Feeling very proud of it. I guess, the Honda Amaze review would be the next international one as the test drive is being held in Japan?
Old 22nd November 2012, 09:19   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accius View Post
This here is a great encounter written just amazingly. I was just amazed at watching the photos of the Range Rover conquering the ravines, Amazing.
It was like being on a slow roller coaster but you are in control but clueless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Nice write up and pics are treat to watch. Range Rover-The Best has just got better. The design is something very modern and retro at the same time as well. I don't know how to explain.

How does the Range Rover perform in comparison to the Defender?
Also "Ground clearance of 296 mm can be increased by 140 mm manually & 105 mm automatically". Does that mean RR can acheive a max GC of 541 mm?
Here's a screen shot of the presentation about the suspension travel and wheel articulation benchmarking

Range Rover (4th Generation) : Driven-rr-suspension-ht.png

Range Rover (4th Generation) : Driven-wheel-artic.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Although, there is just one thing missing, the review on the v6 engine. Did you get to drive one at all? If not, it does say a lot about JLR to leave it out of such a massive test event. Are they trying to hide that it is underpowered?
That is the first question I asked, what will we be driving? Answer the V8's as only these will be launched. The V6 is far from underpowered, its performance is equivalent to the current TDV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
, the Honda Amaze review would be the next international one as the test drive is being held in Japan?
If you look in the relevant thread, "been there, done that" . Await the full report
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 10:38   #50
Senior - BHPian

What a lucky guy you are Ajmat! Driving in the ultimate dream SUV's. Hats off to Tbhp for this milestone review.

Excellent photography and a 5 star dream thread. Made my morning...
Old 22nd November 2012, 11:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful review Ajmat, very well written. It reflects the experience and amount of fun you've had during the driving event. Well done JLR for covering most media platforms from multitude of countries.

Have had the good fortune of being a passenger in the previous gen Rangie sport and what a vehicle that is.

The photographs were excellent too. Lucky and deserving will be those who can afford this vehicle when it lands here..

Last edited by k_ajay : 22nd November 2012 at 11:45. Reason: Edits
Old 22nd November 2012, 11:58   #52
BHPian

Repeated multiple times over the course of this thread but is still an impressive act - Getting a formal invite to Morocco! I mentioned this to my office mates and they are equally impressed, as are they that I have a handle on this forum

As for the subject, goes without saying that it holds a novelty value matched probably only by Volvo when it comes to SUVs here in India. One always turns for a second look when one sees it on road.
Old 22nd November 2012, 12:15   #53
BHPian

Excellent Ajit. This is stuff adventure holiday's are made of. Loved living through the review. What I noticed was how good the NVH levels were when you were wading through water. That talks something of the impeccable quality of JLR. Wish Tata's locally took a leaf out of them.

Fab stuff. Hope I live long enough to drive one of these.
Old 22nd November 2012, 12:42   #54
BHPian

Brilliant stuff Ajit and breath-taking pictures. Thank you for sharing.

I am so so proud for TBHP. Is this our first International Review?

Needless to say, like many others, I am Green with envy
Old 22nd November 2012, 12:49   #55
Team-BHP Support

JLR just pinged me - Price Ex showroom New Delhi will be in the region of Rs 1.7-1.8 Crore
Old 22nd November 2012, 12:59   #56
BHPian

Team Bhp is certainly going places! Excellent review and pics Ajmat! Im sure it was quite an experience! As far as the new Range rover goes i am actually slightly disappointed. I don't like the new look front and hate the XUVish rear.

I prefer the looks of the 2008 Range Rover to the current and now recently launched one.
Range Rover (4th Generation) : Driven-rangie.jpg

The panoramic sunroof is a good addition though.

But a Range Rover is a Range Rover and i'm sure even this will have fantastic street presence.
Old 22nd November 2012, 14:09   #57
BHPian

1.7-1.8 Crore?!! That is a huge escalation! We paid a shade under 1 for ours in 2008. Wonder what caused the price to almost double in 4 years? I am sure this will have an impact on the maintainence costs also which shall go higher from their already lofty position.
Old 22nd November 2012, 14:32   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
JLR just pinged me - Price Ex showroom New Delhi will be in the region of Rs 1.7-1.8 Crore
That is ridiculous ! I hope this is only true for the top end Autobiography v8 petrol supercharged version. I was hoping they would launch the v6 version for a sub 1cr price tag.
Old 22nd November 2012, 17:51   #59
Senior - BHPian

The current TDV8 Vogue with some decent options was around 1.4ish on road Mumbai. 1.7 - 1.8 ex-showroom with minimal options translates to 2.25 on road. Suddenly the heavy priced Cayenne Turbos will appear VFM.
Old 22nd November 2012, 19:32   #60
BHPian

Beautiful and detailed write up Ajmat. Loads better than any superficial reports of various magazines out here The RR is one of my all time favorites. IMHO the new Rangie looks better. Its got a nicely sculpted appearance and tastefully appointed interiors. I've had some friends of mine tell me that the attention to detail seen on the RR has to be seen to be believed. Wish I get to ride this baby someday!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks