Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2012, 16:21   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Range Rover (4th Generation) : Driven

awesome pictures, awesome car - I've always wanted to own one of these, so much better than a Land Cruiser in my opinion.

P.S. - I've been seeing a lot of gen-3s around south Delhi lately - three in three days and it wasn't the same car.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 21st November 2012 at 17:07. Reason: Edited as per request (LR -> LC)
Old 21st November 2012, 16:26   #32
BHPian

More than the car here, it's the reach of Team-Bhp which blows me away. It says so much of the quality and the appeal of our forum which gets it noticed by not only the Indian Auto companies but globally as well.

And as for the review Ajit Sir, simply fabulous there is little else one could want other than the urge to drive the lovely Range Rover. Affording it though is a whole different ball game. One small question if I may be so allowed, "Kitna deti hai"?
Old 21st November 2012, 16:55   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Were other Auto reviewers also invited?

Beautiful but expensive machine. Hopefully some of them will actually be driven on the kind of terrain they are designed for. Hate to see them polished and all shiny and driven in city from point A to B.

And lovely set of pictures.
JLR have invited 1000 journalists globally. They have around 300 people on the ground in Morocco to run this operation.

JLR said only 10% of people use the full capabilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda_dude View Post
. However the only drawback which i feel with the car is that somewhere the complete control does not lie with the driver due to driving aids.

You really do not need a brain at times, it does seem too easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanojrawap View Post
Nice Review.
Does anyone know when this Range Rover is coming to India.
The India launch will be within a month but cars will be available in March. I understand the order books are getting filled globally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
So, lemme ask you this, Ajmat. Which terrain did you enjoy driving on, the most?
The Ravine and the rural roads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
No roads are required.

The price tag indeed puts away many customers.

Ajmat, Is it going to be officially launched in india?

. Also you have said that the car was designed to run even at 5000 ft of height easily. How was that attained? because, for such a big engine, Doing offroading at such height wouldnt give enough oxygen.
Exactly, we need only go off road when oncoming traffic came along. We had to avoid being overconfident. It will be launched in India, thats why we were invited.

As for 5000 ft, we never got to test but it would be a combination of engine maps and air intake design

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Nice write-up. Is this the first time they are offering the panoramic roof ?

The tail-lamp design of the 4th generation RR seems to be inspired by the XUV5oo!
Attachment 1017038
Yes, since the car is lighter and structure much more stiffer. The tail light did strike me as XUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Awesome! They need to do this in India!!!
We did put that into their heads. The challenge is getting a fleet together for this. Watch this space!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
More than the car here, it's the reach of Team-Bhp which blows me away. It says so much of the quality and the appeal of our forum which gets it noticed by not only the Indian Auto companies but globally as well.

One small question if I may be so allowed, "Kitna deti hai"?
Well the quality and appeal retains the excellent participation of all of you which attracts all global majors

I never measured the fuel consumption since we did a lot of offroad stuff on low range so the figures would not be representative
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 17:16   #34
Senior - BHPian

A treat for the eyes! Thanks for sharing the experience and the lovely photos.

Team BHP is going places...going forward, very few will dare to ignore the foremost auto forum/community in of the highest potential auto markets in the world.
Old 21st November 2012, 17:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Disclaimer: Land Rover invited Team-BHP to Morocco. They covered all the expenses for this driving event.
Curious - Shouldn't this disclaimer be mentioned upfront? In here, it gets kinda hidden.

by the way, my jaw is on the floor watching those god amazing pro-level photographs you lucky people!!
Old 21st November 2012, 17:27   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Curious - Shouldn't this disclaimer be mentioned upfront? In here, it gets kinda hidden.

by the way, my jaw is on the floor watching those god amazing pro-level photographs you lucky people!!
We alway mention this at the end of the review!
Old 21st November 2012, 19:32   #37
Team-BHP Support

This is just awesome Ajmat! Superb coverage and great choice of picture selection, wish we could see some more action shots and video's. These vehicles are so surreal compared to our SUV's and for that matter even the offroad vehicles. With the amount of gizmo's they can do remarkable stuff, with minimal fuzz.

Some of us had an opportunity for a very short spin (shotgun) inside UB city where RR was doing some demo for indian customers, and i almost went bonkers seeing the traction and stability aid info displayed on the screen. Even a fully built offroader with a capable driver cant do so much of algorithm calculations, ensuring that the vehicle is set up perfect for the terrain its going to face.

Cost is the only killer, hopefully few years down the line few second hand pieces would be atleast in dream territory. I hope
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 20:11   #38
Team-BHP Support

I absolutely loved the writeup and pics. Saved most of them locally, and one of them has even become my laptop wallpaper.

I have travelled a short distance in a Range Rover in the 90s in Dubai, which belonged to a family friend. Some memories sure do live long!

Thanks for making us jealous, Ajit!
Old 21st November 2012, 20:14   #39
BHPian

This here is a great encounter written just amazingly. I was just amazed at watching the photos of the Range Rover conquering the ravines, Amazing.
Old 21st November 2012, 21:18   #40
Senior - BHPian

Nice write up and pics are treat to watch. Range Rover-The Best has just got better. The design is something very modern and retro at the same time as well. I don't know how to explain.

How does the Range Rover perform in comparison to the Defender?
Also "Ground clearance of 296 mm can be increased by 140 mm manually & 105 mm automatically". Does that mean RR can acheive a max GC of 541 mm?
Old 21st November 2012, 22:58   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

What I liked the most was the disclaimer at the end. :-D And then the DRLs.

Awesome pics & a great drive. Shows the class of the vehicle & the company. Even more proud since TATA owns it.
Old 21st November 2012, 23:06   #42
BHPian

Excellent write-up, lovely pictures and a beautiful car!

When I saw the New Range Rover first scoop pictures on Team-bhp, reminded me of a mini-bus first. And I was really disappointed to see the same design launched in Paris Motorshow. Don't misunderstand me, I too am a Range Rover fan.

Today, looking it offroad, feels this new 4th generation is at home. It has his underpinnings firmly planted. It still is a proper Range Rover. As someone said before the Best just got better!

Most people who love RR timeless design will never love any other SUV and in-turn Q7/X5/Cayenne fans will never be able to digest the timelessness of a Rangie. To me it is just sheer beauty. Capable and elegant and special. You see only 10% customers use Range Rover to full capability, and still JLR makes the a "full fledged" Range Rover for those 10%, can it get more special? Hats off to JLR for their passion and expertise and not to forget Tata for saving a rather special JLR.
LP640 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 23:12   #43
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The India launch will be within a month but cars will be available in March. I understand the order books are getting filled globally.
Here is what Hormazd Sorabjee tweeted today:

Quote:
All new Range Rover India launch on Nov 30th. Just two months after global launch in Paris. That was quick!
If true then that indeed is super quick, wasn't expecting so soon or may be it just could be a showcase or a soft launch!
Old 21st November 2012, 23:37   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

This review makes me feel proud ! Team-Bhp has come a long way to be invited to such a prestigious/expensive event.

Superb review Ajmat- pictures, content as well as attention to detail all have been well covered by you. Although, there is just one thing missing, the review on the v6 engine. Did you get to drive one at all? If not, it does say a lot about JLR to leave it out of such a massive test event. Are they trying to hide that it is underpowered?
Old 22nd November 2012, 00:17   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP640 View Post
You see only 10% customers use Range Rover to full capability, and still JLR makes the a "full fledged" Range Rover for those 10%, can it get more special? Hats off to JLR for their passion and expertise and not to forget Tata for saving a rather special JLR.
Very well said.

This is what sets it apart from the rest.

JLR could have saved a pretty-packet if they'd avoided the complicated self-adjusting suspension and gone in for something more conventional. It would have been the far cheaper option. The off-road equipment would have been massively pricey. Imagine the amount of money / R&D that Tata / JLR would have pumped in to create the new Rangie. And for just 10% of those who'd use them to their full capabilities?

It just goes to show the dedication and passion that goes into making this astonishing piece of kit. The S-Class of the SUV World? You bet!
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks