Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-115.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmatic (Post 3162014)
Insurance at Lathangi - 31,553.00, Metro - 37364.00. Everything else remains same. Elite ford said they are yet to receive the price list :Shockked:

Someone told you incorrectly. Just collected the price list from Elite Ford this evening and a member has just posted it above, on this page.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sansvk (Post 3162118)
Have a look at this quote from Elite Ford, Bangalore.
Elite Edition (Rs25000/-)==> one arrogant salesperson defined it as "Forced accessories". He didnt even know what accessories are provided for this vehicle.
Attachment 1103194

Atrocious! Dealers should not be making a kill on customers like this and clearly Ford should do something about this, rather than sending emails subtly mentioning that the accessories and packs are optional.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandy82_2000 (Post 3162237)
The pricing in Bangalore for the AT version is INR 10,049,851.

Hi. Which showroom's quote is this from, in B'lore. This price list seems to be quoting the lowest On-Road price for the EcoBoost Titanium+ variant.
What i don't understand is why does every dealer have different on-road prices? Crazy and its bound to spoil buyer experiences.

Attaching the accessories price list for EcoSport, from ELITE Ford in B'lore. Even these prices are different from the accessories price list another member had shared earlier, on this thread.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport-accessories-price-list.png

Had been to Metro Ford on St.Marks road. I am interested in the eco-boost titanium. Was quoted a waiting period of 9-12 months on ecoboost and 6 months on the TDCi and 1.5L petrol. The sales person said he could deliver ambiente faster but I am not interested in a car without ABS and airbags. There is no way I am going to wait 9 months for a damn car no matter how good it is. But wife says book it since its for her. Ford is going to lose some customers for sure because of the waiting period. Ford, are you listening?

P.S: The price list did not have any forced accessories (apart from the essential pack).

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_ajay (Post 3162353)
Someone told you incorrectly. Just collected the price list from Elite Ford this evening and a member has just posted it above, on this page.

Atrocious! Dealers should not be making a kill on customers like this and clearly Ford should do something about this, rather than sending emails subtly mentioning that the accessories and packs are optional.

Hi. Which showroom's quote is this from, in B'lore. This price list seems to be quoting the lowest On-Road price for the EcoBoost Titanium+ variant.
What i don't understand is why does every dealer have different on-road prices? Crazy and its bound to spoil buyer experiences.

Attaching the accessories price list for EcoSport, from ELITE Ford in B'lore. Even these prices are different from the accessories price list another member had shared earlier, on this thread.

Attachment 1103267

The price is from Lathangi Ford.

Talera Ford told me that Automatic version is not yet launched. So I sent an email to Ford customercare and they confirmed that 1.5 Petrol Automatic is not launched.

Can anyone confirm if it was launched in Mumbai/Delhi/Bangalore/Chennai. It could be a phased launch for Tier 2 cities like Pune and might come later.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for showing your interest in Ford EcoSport.

The 1.5L TiVCT Petrol Automatic Transmission is not available as of now.We
will keep you updated.Kindly stay in touch with your nearest Ford dealer
for updates regarding the same.

We hope we have been of assistance.

Regards,
Team Ford India

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_ramesh99 (Post 3162225)
The Service agent was trying hard to make me choose titanium and not titanium optional pack. He says option variant will take 6 to 9 months to deliver! Any case I put my foot down and insisted on Titanium (o). Not sure what is their motive in making customer choose a lower variant.

Is the Insurance a zero depn one ? The SA at Cauvery was also pushing for the Titanium and not the option pack,I thought its strange since most dealers always try to push the top-most variant.
One reason may be most Titanium owners opting for the Titanium + since its more than worth the additional price, leading to a pile up of Titanium models at the dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivasuma (Post 3162356)
There is no way I am going to wait 9 months for a damn car no matter how good it is. But wife says book it since its for her. Ford is going to lose some customers for sure because of the waiting period. Ford, are you listening?

The waiting period is atrocious, however good the vehicle is. I am sure the vehicle will be available at better terms once the dust settles down. Patience Wins! :D

I am waiting to see the reliability and real time mileage figures of ecoboost engine. I also doubt whether Ford will be able to handle the high sales and service demands of Ecosport in the near term.

Your choice of engine is good. It is fun once the turbo kicks in.

I found the Diesel boring, though power delivery is linear and mileage should be good. My heart says ecosboost, head says diesel.

Its not mandatory to purchase accessories from the dealer, I had sent an email to Ford Customer Care and got the response. I shall post a copy of that email here!

I think you should report this to Ford Customer Care!

Quote:

Originally Posted by S@ndy (Post 3162154)
Please guide anyone!

Quote:

Originally Posted by anachronix (Post 3162404)
Its not mandatory to purchase accessories from the dealer, I had sent an email to Ford Customer Care and got the response. I shall post a copy of that email here!

I think you should report this to Ford Customer Care!

I raised the "accessories push down your throat" attitude with the Sales guy but he said that one would have to buy the accessories even though "Accessories" should be optional and not mandatory else why call them accessories. One might be able to get away without the accessories but you may lose your place in queue and may have to wait many months for allocation.

Trick would be to get the allocation number from Ford with delivery date and then raise a stink when it comes time to pay on both accessories and Insurance.

One question on Insurance. Can insurance be cancelled/transferred to a different company and then obtain a refund from the original insurer.

For all who are shocked with dealer attitude, long waits, insurance issues, additional costs etc - just wait for a month or two, all most all issues will get sorted out. Why do we need to rush in making bookings and feel helpless in the hands of dealers. If you have a car already for daily use, it makes full sense to wait and decide. Patience pays!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shashank.nk (Post 3162386)
Is the Insurance a zero depn one ? The SA at Cauvery was also pushing for the Titanium and not the option pack,I thought its strange since most dealers always try to push the top-most variant.
One reason may be most Titanium owners opting for the Titanium + since its more than worth the additional price, leading to a pile up of Titanium models at the dealer.

Yes, the insurance is zero dep. As you can see in some other posts, this is higher than what is charged by some other dealers in Bangalore. The Metro Ford SA announced on last Saturday (22nd June 2013) that they have received pre-booking for Ecoboost model worth one year!

Looks like most of the good-will earned by Ford on the price will be lost due to the tactics by leaders. Ford is certainly responsible as this cannot happen without their tacit support.

booked in Metro Ford Palace Cross the waiting period is around 2 months as per sales team Diesel gets highest allocation hence they should be able to dispatch them soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandy82_2000 (Post 3162308)
Hey Buddy, which showroom did you book it from? and what is the waiting period promised by them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivasuma (Post 3162356)
Had been to Metro Ford on St.Marks road. I am interested in the eco-boost titanium. Was quoted a waiting period of 9-12 months on ecoboost and 6 months on the TDCi and 1.5L petrol. The sales person said he could deliver ambiente faster but I am not interested in a car without ABS and airbags. There is no way I am going to wait 9 months for a damn car no matter how good it is. But wife says book it since its for her. Ford is going to lose some customers for sure because of the waiting period. Ford, are you listening?

P.S: The price list did not have any forced accessories (apart from the essential pack).

9 months wait for a car is ridiculous ! What on earth was Ford doing for the last 6 months? They delayed the launch and they still dont have enough cars for customers ? In 9 months there could be the Hyundai Minisuv and Honda Minisuv in the Indian market. One may not even consider an ecosport then.

Hi Guys,
I am planning to buy a AT Ecosport and thus need to book one. However I did not get to test drive the same but test drove the diesel Titanium+. The things common between the diesel and petrol cars are ok for me but I need to know about the performance of Petrol AT like its pickup, overtaking ability, actual mileage, driveablity and manual override feature. Hence I want to know if anybody got to test drive the AT and give me clarifications regarding the queries mentioned above. thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandy82_2000 (Post 3162363)

The price is from Lathangi Ford.

Thanks Sandy. Looks like the cheapest on-road price from all dealers in B'luru.

Elite are just trying to fleece the customers. Metro fare better as well.

Test drove both the Ecoboost and the Diesel (twice).

I specifically chose to test drive during Bangalore's rush hour just after 2 hrs of heavy rain, since that's exactly the condition I'll be mostly driving this car in anyway.

IMHO they are definitely not the cars for (Bangalore's) inching city traffic.

My observations:

The Diesel: Disappointing in city traffic
  1. From a stop, 1st pulls cleanly with linear torque delivery with a nice transition to 2nd (when above 20kmph) to 3rd (when above 35kmph). However it is very rarely that you can do something like that in Bangalore's traffic. Your typical driving cycle in Bangalore is something like the following:
    1. 0-20kmph burst in 3 sec
    2. slows down to 10 kmph in 2 sec
    3. goes to 40-50 kmph for a second or 2
    4. then back to 10 kmph for 4 sec
    5. and then to 0 for a stop.
    Now the Diesel which pulls well in 2nd gear when above 25 kmph, does absolutely squat when at around 10 kmph, you can floor it and then you wait for the acceleration to come. Wait, wait some more, go shave off the beard you grew, go have a Tea, go to the moon and come back and then wait some more. So if you are in 2nd gear doing 10 kmph you have to shift to 1st, go back above 20-25 and then shift to 2nd. While I understand the need to shift into first when you slow down below 5 kmph for a speed breaker or an errant fat lady taking longer than it takes for a piece of coal to become a diamond to cross the road, it absolutely makes no sense to down shift to 1st in city traffic, just because you need to accelerate.
  2. After working the clutch in inching city traffic for about 15 min (drove may be 100m in that 15 min) I felt like I had just got out of the gym on leg day with leg presses only on my left leg. I drove the car yesterday and I seriously have DOMS setting in on my glutes and hamstring today.

Ecoboost: Better than the diesel but not by much
  1. Slightly better at pulling out from 10 kmph in 2nd gear than the Diesel in inching city traffic.
  2. Didn't feel like I got a leg work out.

Both:

Pros:
+ Stereo quality (on the Titanium O) is comparable to upper-mid range aftermarket systems.
+ Front seats provide very good lateral grip. The wings hug the sides of your body and keep you in your place.

Cons:
- Steering is dead. Doesn't feel connected to the wheels. Weighted better than the i20 or Amaze but only slightly. They do what they are asked though.
- There seemed to be some build quality issues. The Ecoboost I drove had ill fitting panels. I reckon someone at Ford noticed those because there were arrows chalked/White markered pointing at every ill fit panel and panel gap beyond permissible limits. Yet the fact that Ford let these vehicles be seen by prospective customers as test drive vehicles seems absurd and lacking in sense to me.

Torn between picking the Amaze and the Ecosport.
The Amaze feels cheap compared to Ecosport, is low slung and you get blinded by idiots driving with their high beams on. It will definitely stall (water in the exhaust) while performing water crossings required at every underpass and half the roads, but seems to have the perfect drivetrain for Bangalore.
The Ecosport has the height and wading depth to escape (a bit) the high beams and perform the required water crossings but terrible drivetrain/drivability for Bangalore's traffic.

My 2ps if that helps (or confuses) people who are deciding.