Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-118.html)

I don't think ford india was ready for this pricing shock. Its as if Ford US office ordered them to give 20% discount on the nearest competitor. The dealers are absolutely dumbstruck and don't know how to handle the situation. There is a official accessories list but none of the items are available to look at.
Waiting for 8 months is one irritant but paying the hiked price after 8 months is another.

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_ajay (Post 3162564)
Some helpful views on the EcoBoost engine, but by what fellow members are posting here, it seems to me that the turbocharged 1 ltr engine isn't delivering on either good mileage nor great power. While the bhp figures are impressive on paper, real world performance is not adequate??

Wondering then that this engine doesn't provide much else. This was the engine of choice for me, but initial views are not comforting.. Looking forward to more EcoBoost experiences to be shared here.

I do think that the choice between Ecoboost and Diesel isn't between an exceptional petrol and a okayish diesel, actually its still between a petrol and diesel motor. I do feel that their Diesel engine is more suited to our cities- while the ecoboost specifically is happier driving on highways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_ajay (Post 3162564)
I checked out the car yesterday and was not surprised about the size. I'd already estimated how tall or short it was going to be. But that rear bench is not wide enough to comfortably seat even 3 mid-sized adults. This is a honest feedback and not any biased outlook. But I found the leg space and under thigh support to be very good. Somone who is 5"10 can easily sit behind a 6 footer without any worries.

agree:
The legroom on this car actually kind of surprised me as well. Being 6'2'' I literally jumped in happiness after looking at the legroom once my dad sat in the driver's seat (he is 5'11''). I have been told to wait around 2 months for my car- though it is becoming increasingly difficult to do so. I really wasn't this excited following the booking of my cute Flash Red Polo. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCR (Post 3162676)
So its now Ford's turn to make the killing is it? The car companies may be Professional but the Dealers are definitely not! I just called up a few Ford dealers in Bangalore and was totally put-off by their Attitude. Ridiculous. But anyways, I have decided to let the dust settle a bit. I am also not in the habit of waiting for long periods. I am sure a few months down the line (or when there is a new launch) it will be back to the normal ways for the dealers. Discounts would rule then!

Yes the Dust will settle, and the queues will be stabilize and this approach is indeed sad but you should also expect the prices to go up. No company who has a successful product with a long waiting line will miss on the opportunity to make higher margin if it can. Also with the USD vs Rs. situation the margins would already be quite thin at ford and we can expect prices to go up in due course (about 6 months max) for sure. This is just what happened with the Duster and many other originally seemingly VFM vehicles.

Also even if one were to book today if the delivery is say after 6-8 months or so for a particular model then the pricing at that time would be applicable.

Please find attached the Accessories Price list from a Mumbai dealer. It seems to be totally inflated! :Frustrati

I have another question, I am big in size (horizontally), will it be possible to get the front seats re-done? I mean, an expert who deals in sofa's should be able to increase the width and depth of the seat and re-do the upholstery after adding an extra layer of padding? This should actually not cost more than Rs. 10,000 to my knowledge since I have got my sofa's at home over hauled off late!

I am considering this because I see adequate space in the width in order to increase the width and of course depth of the seat! stupid:

What do you guys think?

Prebooked 1.5 tit+ on the second day. Now the dealer mpl ford says ive been allotted only the titanium variant. The way the sales guy said it was very shocking, he was like "Youve been allotted the titanium and not titanium (o) variant, you take this or wait for 4 months"

Shocking.....

People were eagerly waiting for the car, shouting at Ford for not launching it sooner, advising Ford not to price it high & to price it sensibly, then they were shocked by the pricing by the Ford, very happy with feature list for that price and Finally they are again crying, shouting again by seeing the long waiting periods. Hahaha ... Its very difficult to make all happy ;)

Be patient guys. You will get your turn for sure. People who booked prior to launch were the clever guys i would say.

Token no 13, but apparently I would have to wait for 3 months. Ridiculous, ain't it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mik (Post 3162103)
I had reported your case and a few other dealer malpractices on the customer care mail ID. Have received a complaint tracking # and a generic worded email. Lets see. Maybe Ford will take notice eventually.

Got a call from the customer care today. The person said that they have taken a note of the complaints that are being received and have escalated them. Lets see if Ford can crack the whip on errant dealers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xuv2390 (Post 3162724)
Please find attached the Accessories Price list from a Mumbai dealer. It seems to be totally inflated! :Frustrati

What do you guys think?

The accessories pricing is just over the top.
1. USB 4GB @ Rs.1400 /-. Is it going to be gold plated ? 4GB USB is available at 300 bucks.

2. Rear view camera with IVRM Display @ 18000/-
My friend just got one fixed on his Vento for 6K (Brand Wonderart)

Just posted the above for highlighting the 3 times marked up price. BEWARE!!

Cheers
MKP

Can someone post some interior pics of the Ambiente version? Are all colours available on this variant?

Anyone has more details about the Service Holiday and Total Maintenance Plan that is mentioned in the brochure?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dchax (Post 3162521)
Just wanted to share my experience with the dealer - Planet Ford, Bibvewadi, Pune:
Sales team was warm... not gushingly so, but pleasantly enough. We could sense their own excitement at having this car to sell!
TD took 20 minutes to come to turn, but the dealer person accompanying us guided me on a longer route on one of Pune's many hills, which was greatly welcome, as I could test both body roll and power (especially with 4 seated at the back)! Came back impressed!

I TD'ed the 1.5 Diesel yesterday and came away mighty impressed with the Ganges Ford Team in Kolkata too. TD car was sent to my house and we had 7 people (friends and family) drive it in total. All the time, the Junior Sales advisor was trying to explain the nitty gritties and the good points of the car. They have intimated a wait time of 45-60 days, but I am sure this will go up over the week.

On the vehicle I Td'ed, I quite liked the performance of the diesel. Responds well in Bumper to Bumper traffic and has a superb amount of kit. Can keep someone like me happy for hours on end discovering the toys that Ford has provided.

However, I am super confused about the variant to book. I am really not sure about the real world performance of the 1.0 Eco Boost (The Diesel is not an option for me since I use the car mainly on weekends) and hence wanted views on the 1.5 TiVCT Trend Variant. It seems to have the essentials:

1. ABS (No Airbags, a first for me)
2. Blue tooth (no MS Sync)
3. In Dash Audio (No CD, don't use CD's anyways)
4. All Pwr windows and Central lock with Flipkey
5. Rear Wash Wipe
6. Power mirrors (Are these electric retract? Forgot to check)
7. Folding and reclining rear seat.

If I consider a difference of 1.5 lacs between the Trend 1.5 and the Titanium Eco Boost, do the pluses (Airbags, Sync, CD player, 1.0 Eco Boost and Auto AC) make up for the higher price tag and the resultant EMI outgo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 3162719)
Yes the Dust will settle, and the queues will be stabilize and this approach is indeed sad but you should also expect the prices to go up. No company who has a successful product with a long waiting line will miss on the opportunity to make higher margin if it can. Also with the USD vs Rs. situation the margins would already be quite thin at ford and we can expect prices to go up in due course (about 6 months max) for sure. This is just what happened with the Duster and many other originally seemingly VFM vehicles.

After a lot of thinking I decided on the automatic variant of ecosport and called up the local dealer, who happens to be a family friend. He told me the dispatch for the automatic will start in July and might take about two months to get to me if I book in June. Which j think is fair, gives me time to sort my finances.
Also he mentions this is indeed an introductory price and will go up by atleast 50k per variant in about a year's time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniketi (Post 3162741)

Be patient guys. You will get your turn for sure. People who booked prior to launch were the clever guys i would say.

What makes you think Dealers will not break the line and handover keys to others who come late ? :D. Is there any official Ford number which guarantees your allocation (Or like XUV did some lottery system to choose first few winners)

Quote:

Originally Posted by civic-sense (Post 3162782)
Token no 13, but apparently I would have to wait for 3 months. Ridiculous, ain't it?

I dont think you can verify if others with 3 digit token number are also collecting keys before you. !! Its all at dealers discretion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 3162811)
What makes you think Dealers will not break the line and handover keys to others who come late ? :D. Is there any official Ford number which guarantees your allocation (Or like XUV did some lottery system to choose first few winners)

I dont think you can verify if others with 3 digit token number are also collecting keys before you. !! Its all at dealers discretion.

You should have got booking number at the dealer at least. Like some one said 13, then you can challenge dealer for your delivery by confirming the number of cars he is receiving. I know its difficult considering number of models & color choices, but you can get hold of dealer at least. But i am sure, people who has booked before launch will get deliveries sooner than others. If still you dont get it, then dealer is cheating you for sure :)

The original BHP reviewers mentioned that the Goodyear tyres are way better than the MRF tyres, and that Ford provides both. Surprisingly the Planet Ford (Pune) dealer seemed unaware of choosing tyres as an option. I mentioned that I would like the Goodyear instead of MRF, and he said that they had no control on choosing tyre brand. I'll be taking this up with Ford directly... but any other similar experiences to this regard?