Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-111.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by agambhandari (Post 3161878)
This thread poll http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...lt-duster.html

seems to give some interesting results, that nearly half of the people wanting the EcoSport to be their comapct SUV of choice, choose the EcoBoost.

But I haven't seen a single post about a booking made for the EcoBoost in this thread. I mean, it could be the people like me, who want to book it, but haven't experienced it yet.

The Booking trend as I see now isn't surprising(It is a Diesel market after all), but the Poll numbers are for sure.

I did pre-book an ecoboost about three weeks back and i know a couple of my buddies who are going for ecoboost. Price diff between 1.5L petrol MT and ecoboost is about 46K OTR Mumbai (both titanium trim) which i feel can be discounted towards the FE of ecoboost.
I feel ecoboost is the most VFM if one is looking at petrol MT ecosport.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sknair (Post 3161839)
I am hearing 10.32 Lakhs OTR for the AT version in Bangalore, Anyone has price list or confirmation?

I've got the quotes for AT version as - 10.49L, 10.55L, and 10.57L from 3 dealers. The insurance amount varies among these three.

Quote:

Originally Posted by soonya (Post 3161727)
I used to be a great fan of Ford, especially the handling of the cars. My ownership of an Ikon diesel did it for me. In its 9 years with me I had spent more than the price of the car. That moved me to Toyota.

Ford cars were costly to maintain, but with a lot of localisation I hear from friends that the maintenance cost has, over the last few years, come down. However, I do not have any first hand experience of this.

What I appreciate about Ford is that they seem to have learnt from their failure of the Fiesta and this time they have got the right pricing. I hope the Ecosport brings good fortune for the company.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaurav911 (Post 3161834)
Att. below is the price list of the Ecosport in Ahmedabad.
The dealer is charging Rs. 45000 across all models under the head 'Accessory Pack'. Interestingly the sales executive present had no idea of the components included in the 45K pack.

Who is the sales exec you are dealing with and at which Cargo ford, CG or SG?

Quote:

Originally Posted by agambhandari (Post 3161867)
I'd say the Game is changed only when you manage to play it.

Where is the EcoSport? I haven't gotten as much as a TD yet. and there is no official waiting periods quoted either.
When the Duster was launched, I got the TD that very day, Ford need to step up its game before changing it.
The yesterday's announcement of "Nationally, deliveries begin today" was just for creating the hype. The dealer here has only one car for display only.

Just got done with a test drive. Well made vehicle, the back seat is an issue for 3 for sure. Deliveries in 45- 60 days.

I had 2 Ford Ikon 1.6 cars. Both never had any trouble and handled brilliantly. I used to have great fun driving them both.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlvl (Post 3161874)
Answer to your question is Uploaded by Gizmokid :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...-pricelist.jpg

This is really helpful, thank you. I still haven't received the price list from the dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragpatankar (Post 3161876)
I visited Lathangi Ford,JP Nagar Bangalore, and was told that the only TD vehicle is the Diesel, they do not have the 1.5 Petrol and the Ecoboost , and they dont expect to have the TD vehicles of those variants for another 3-4 months !

Ecoboost is available for test drive at Elite Ford, Marathahalli. I test drove it there yesterday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmatic (Post 3161937)
I've got the quotes for AT version as - 10.49L, 10.55L, and 10.57L from 3 dealers. The insurance amount varies among these three.

can you please give the breakup?

Cauvery is showing 10.57 with 39460 Insurance, 4500 accessories, 8000 incidental and 11885 for 2 year extended warranty.

do you have quote from Metro and Elite?

Quote:

Originally Posted by premjit (Post 3161502)
- A 1.5 Lit engine which generates sufficient grunt (The nearest power hatch is the Polo GT Tsi and that too around 10 bhp short) and is pretty fuel efficient too.

Polo GT TSI is an AT (w/DSG , a marvel) and not a comparison here. Am not sure anyone as yet TD'ed a Eco Sport AT.

Cheers!

I don't think that the service costs are as much of an issue. I've had the Ford for the last 4 years and my average service expense is in the region of Rs 2000 (Mainly covers lubricants, other essential fluids, a bulb and maybe some tightening and greasing). Maybe, I've been fortunate, but checking out the prices of basic spares, I've found them to be much more reasonable than say, Chevy. I don't even want to dare a compare over the Skoda/ VW family.

Agree when someone said that the high localization has helped to a large extent. Also hear that Ford is planning to make India a hub for exports of this model and hence a Hyundai like strategy is extremely welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 3161975)
Polo GT TSI is an AT and not a comparison. Am not sure anyone as yet TD'ed a Eco Sport AT.

Cheers!

It's not really a comparison but more of a statement. The TSI is also priced much higher IMHO. I don't expect the 1.5 TiVCT Auto Ford to be too off the mark while compared to the Polo TSI. I guess both are Dual clutch units (7 speeds for the VW compared to 6 for the Ecosport). Yes, the TSI is more modern compared to the TiVCT.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote,
click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the
Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

I think a mod can perhaps add the following link to the first page of the review to answer all the queries related to prices in various cities

http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Bl...rue&blobkey=id

Though the base model pricing is good, but with high road tax, and exorbitant insurance quotes, Bangalore OTR price for Diesel Titanium model is too high, and falls close to Duster pricing. Good ploy by Ford.

Has anyone tried booking in Bangalore, what's the story of incidental expense, mandatory accessories, etc. here?

Just got off the phone with Elite Guys in Bangalore.
1.5 AT is on road 10.45 lakhs. Yes, very high insurance cost of 39460 and a road tax of 141981 including (service tax)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by agambhandari (Post 3161867)
I'd say the Game is changed only when you manage to play it.

Where is the EcoSport? I haven't gotten as much as a TD yet. and there is no official waiting periods quoted either.
When the Duster was launched, I got the TD that very day, Ford need to step up its game before changing it.
The yesterday's announcement of "Nationally, deliveries begin today" was just for creating the hype. The dealer here has only one car for display only.

Here in Bangalore, Elite Ford dealer has 3 cars for test drives. And they are stating a 3 months waiting period.