Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-161.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by penpavan (Post 3173043)
Which variant? Which dealer?
Can you please put the break up price?

Titanium Diesel. Booked at Elite Ford on 15th June.

I assume you are asking for the prices of the accessories. Seat covers cost 7000 and scuff plates cost 5300.

Just heard that Ford Showrooms have stopped taking bookings for the diesel ecosport for a 3 week period.. can anyone confirm the same ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolboy007 (Post 3172891)
Yes definitely. Race dynamics or Petes would definite come out with something or they should have as the same engine is used in Fiesta as well.

I would also go for a remap or box after 4-5k kms as after driving my Vento, this would definitely feel underpowered, the remap should help. Also after 4000-5000 kms we can judge if the chasis balance and handling can take more power

Haven't driven the EcoSport 1.5 TDCI on the highway. I just took a short 6 Km spin in Bangalore, a mix of acceleration and pottering around in traffic. From the drive, it's definitely not underpowered per se but yes, coming from a Vento, it might feel a tad slow. BTW, i was going through the timing sheets for the EcoSport. Despite being heavier than the Duster, the EcoSport 1.5 TDCI was over 2 seconds faster to 100 Kph than the Duster 85. The EcoSport clocked about 13.3 seconds to the Duster's 15 something. I was actually a little surprised.

Cheers,

Jay

Managed to get another look at the Ecosport today, here are my findings
- saw one with the stepney cover on, it's also available as an accessory, gives it a CRV look
- 3 normal adults are a tight squeeze at the rear
- the Ambiente versions are not on display

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-image3921580123.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport (Post 3172930)
Pete's do not have a tuning box yet for the Fiesta 1.5D. As far as I know, they import their boxes from PSI motorsports, and I guess they do not have a 1.5D version with them. I think the 1.5D engine is not available Europe. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, seems you are right. Couldn't find this engine even on racechip but the kind of sales figures this car is getting, am sure Race dynamics and Tune-O-Tronics will come out with something very soon, the new Fiesta is a sales dud so maybe no one bothered to release a performance upgrade for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayPrashanth (Post 3173067)
From the drive, it's definitely not underpowered per se but yes, coming from a Vento, it might feel a tad slow. BTW, i was going through the timing sheets for the EcoSport. Despite being heavier than the Duster, the EcoSport 1.5 TDCI was over 2 seconds faster to 100 Kph than the Duster 85. The EcoSport clocked about 13.3 seconds to the Duster's 15 something. I was actually a little surprised.

If you see the autocar review, they have mentioned that Ecosport is 2 seconds faster to 0-100 than Duster and 4 secs quicker to 120 in flat out acceleration runs but loses out on in gear acceleration, its 1-2 secs slow in both 20-80 and 40-100 runs. I was amazed to see the weight difference, despite being smaller, it weighs almost a 100 kgs more - speaks of the solid build quality :thumbs up

Dont get me wrong, the car isnt underpowered in stock form but as you said, coming from Vento, i felt it to be a bit on the lower side which is natural (vento 40-100 in 4th gear is around 11 seconds and Ecosport is 17.5 :D), this car is mainly for dad and he hardly cares about power and torque, the remap is for me for those outstation trips where vento cant go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolboy007 (Post 3173086)
Dont get me wrong, the car isnt underpowered in stock form but as you said, coming from Vento, i felt it to be a bit on the lower side which is natural (vento 40-100 in 4th gear is around 11 seconds and Ecosport is 17.5 :D).

Coming to the petrol side of things, it's interesting to note that a friend of mine who owns a Vento petrol confirmed that Ecosport Ecoboost felt more responsive. Of course, Vento petrol is perceived as 'dull' when compared to the Vento diesel.

BTW, what's the source for the in-gear acceleration measurements? Do you have these for the Ecoboost engine too? Can you please point me to the source, or if it's from a magazine, scan it for the benefit of everyone here? (I can't believe Ecosport Diesel takes 17.5 seconds to go from 40-100 in 4th!)

Got to TD both the Ecosport versions today.

The Ecoboost which is a 3 pot 986 cc engine has nothing great to talk about, nor the 1.5 104 hp . Behaves like any other petrol car or maybe a bit lower on performance. The engine has NO Grunt, the car has excessive body roll, in cabin noise levels too high, Overall, nothing great when it comes to overall driving dynamics.

Its a simple 4 seater with limited luggage space just enough for the 4 mid-size adults. 5 is a bigtime squeeze.

Build quality is nice, and its not a cross-over as we think. Its just a slightly larger ( Very marginally though) hatchback with a stepney cover at the back and a good ground clearance.

TD'd the Duster back to back. The Duster is a different SUV ( yes i dare to call it an SUV ) on its own, it has a different aura that the ecosport fails to capture. Driving dynamics is Rock solid in the Duster. even on the puny 85 hp 1.5 diesel behaved eons ahead when compared to the 125 EcoBoost.

I would suggest the Ecosport Trend @ 7.02 lacs On Road Bangalore to those looking to buy a Swift or the i20 or any B Segment hatch.

NOTE : The waiting period thingy is a big jokelol:

For those wanting a first leap onto an SUV, the DUSTER will easily swipe you off the feet with its performance.

What's the point of launching a car and having such insane waiting periods, especially in the case of Ecosport which has been in the offing for like forever!

Far from making you look good it makes you look unprofessional and clueless about the market for your own products, that board is not a badge but an embarrassment and Ford and the dealer should realise that.

Some of the letters from folks here to Ford complaining about dealers malpractice and independent dealers offering the diesel at a premium have met a cold response. Ford seems to be happy to leave customers out in the cold.

Compared to Renault and Mahindra, at least they were taking responsibility and willing to be held accountable. Ford seems to be more dealer than customer friendly.

It seems so unfair to customers, its like the Ford team wants to feel good about themselves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anumod (Post 3173056)
This could be for demo and test drive purposes for showrooms ..

First lot of EcoBoost would get shipped towards second half of July. (As per my info) and the 1.5 shipments to start from August

You sure about that? Penpavan was offered an ecoboost for delivery. Would that be a demo vehicle?

BTW, my patience is fast running out. Am going to wait a few more days for my AT and still if there are no signs, am going to shift to the diesel. But somehow the TCS and ESC are too tempting to overlook.

Simple calculation.....Ford started dispatching cars on 18th and sent 4k cars in 13 days. This is just the startup.....easily they can manage 10k in the next months,so the current order backlog can be cleared within about 2 months

Quote:

Originally Posted by zteg (Post 3173064)
Titanium Diesel. Booked at Elite Ford on 15th June.

I assume you are asking for the prices of the accessories. Seat covers cost 7000 and scuff plates cost 5300.

from the above attachment i don't think it has changed much may be taxes have been added

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parth46 (Post 3172816)

With the EcoSport receiving mixed reviews on this thread and the rear space also a concern, guess the wait gets a bit longer.:Frustrati

I drive a Polo, it is less spacious than an ecosport, specially in the back.
so if space is a concern in polo, ecosport is better space wise. Ideally i would want my vehicle to be as big as Land Rover Discovery, but then they don`t sell them for under 10lacs lol:stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by agambhandari (Post 3173195)
Simple calculation.....Ford started dispatching cars on 18th and sent 4k cars in 13 days. This is just the startup.....easily they can manage 10k in the next months,so the current order backlog can be cleared within about 2 months

Ford would have easily built up an inventory of atleast 1500-2500 cars prior to launch, sending 4k cars to dealers in 13 days doesnt mean they were produced from scratch in 13 days.

Infact some ecosport owner's vin on other forum indicated its May manufactured.

5000-6000 a month is a more realistic figure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saisrujan (Post 3173117)
BTW, what's the source for the in-gear acceleration measurements? Do you have these for the Ecoboost engine too? Can you please point me to the source, or if it's from a magazine, scan it for the benefit of everyone here? (I can't believe Ecosport Diesel takes 17.5 seconds to go from 40-100 in 4th!)

I watched the Duster vs Ecosport video by autocar on youtube and it was mentioned there, a few pages back a member had posted a scanned page from autocar magazine but seems it was removed by mods due to copyright claims.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolboy007 (Post 3173219)
I watched the Duster vs Ecosport video by autocar on youtube and it was mentioned there, a few pages back a member had posted a scanned page from autocar magazine but seems it was removed by mods due to copyright claims.

Quoting ACI figures here for 40-100 in 4th gear:

Ecosport 1.5D-17.17 secs
Duster 85hp-15.07 secs

0-100 is a different story though:

Ecosport-13.72 secs
Duster-15.39 secs

Taller gearing the culprit then ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 (Post 3172707)
Hi Ecosport,

6.providing headlighlight bulb upgrade --> I bought hella H4
7.interior map reading spot light led replacement by philips --> bought one pair T10 type. Are you referring to the 3 reading lights right above the gear knob?
8.brighter led replacement for trunk.philips again (cylinder shape) --> Any specific model number?

Also bought one extra pair of T10 super white leds and replaced parking lights as they are also T10. --> Is T10 a brand? Can you post the exact specifics?

Hi Nilesh,

T10 is model number(like H4 is a model number) and were available in Ford showroom in china (Ford packing with Philips make leds inside)
T10's are commonly used in most of head light assemblys, it is the push type of bulb.will attach a picture for your reference.

The headlight H4 55/60watts from hella was also in Ford packaging.

Yes ,I was refering to the three lights above gear knob

I did the bulb fitment all by myself as it is very easy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dry Ice (Post 3172765)
Just a random thought, can the 1.5D be 'chipped' for power/torque*

Hi dry ice,

I spoke to Anirudh from dieseltronics, Hyderabad and he said they are working on the ecosport 1.5 tdci.Will update you soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayPrashanth (Post 3173063)
The 1.5 TDCI motor is available in Europe, and in two states of tune: 75 Bhp and 90 Bhp. It is available on the Fiesta hatch, Fiesta panel van and B-Max MPV.

Hi JayPrashanth,

I am relieved!!! I originally thought that the international diesel is a 1.6 L motor and they were testing the 1.5L motor on Indians.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ask4gautam (Post 3173066)
Just heard that Ford Showrooms have stopped taking bookings for the diesel ecosport for a 3 week period.. can anyone confirm the same ?

Hi Gautam,
Today two of my friends have paid RS.50000 each for diesel tianium optional at Mody Ford , hyderabad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheARUN (Post 3173081)
- saw one with the stepney cover on, it's also available as an accessory, gives it a CRV look

Attachment 1107585

Hi the white looks very premium with the spare wheel cover, seen it for the first time today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zteg (Post 3173064)

Dear zteg,

Congratulations:)

Could you please clarify if the prices above mentioned are inclusive of labour and taxes?
Also can you attach latest pricelist copy of all ecosport accessories including labour and taxes, I am asking you because I found Elite Ford's prices to be most reasonable and it will benefit all members who want to negotiate prices with their respective dealers.

Can anyone share with us ,their experience with IRVM and rear view camara?

Mod Note: Your posts are missing crucial quote-tags, without which it becomes hard to comprehend. Please go through the Announcements thoroughly before proceeding.