Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-159.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vyasachetan (Post 3171551)
Hey very curious to know how the rear arm rest is going to be placed, will it be a removable one?
Waiting for the pics.

It will be placed in the centre of rear seat and yes it is removable.I will update with better pics after I get one

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 3171889)
I am sorry but it seems you are on a propaganda here. A 1.5 liter engine should deliver anywhere between 11-13 kmpl, especially the one as advanced as the engine in ford. 8-9 kmpl is too low.
In any case I don't think there should be any cross shopping between ertiga and the ecosport. Apart from two extra seats, which never mind are only suitable for kids, it is comprehensively out classed by the ford on every tangible and in tangible parameter.

Excuse me!! I clearly mentioned the mileage from what i saw and i explained why as well.

What do you mean by propoganda here? Please use your words carefully.

Did i ever mention the word ertiga here? Read my lines again. Its my personal choice that i am discussing on another thread. But i am discussing only eco Sport here.

Also what makes you so confident about mileage claim? Are you doing your propaganda? Don't worry people here are smart enough to take decisions. But its our duty to share what we observed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xuv2390 (Post 3171896)
Hi Guys,

I finally took delivery of my EcoSport Titanium Diesel from Bhavna Ford, Navi Mumbai today! It was quite straight forward and the car was perfect. I have couple of points to make:

9. I opted for the Bajaj Allianz Drive Assure-Economy Plan which includes Zero Depreciation + Engine Protector + 24x7 Roadside Assistance.

Until then, Cheers!!!

Congrats. Enjoy the drive. How much did the insurance premium work out to?

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3171922)
Dear XUV 2390

Just wanted to add that I had a chat with the service manager Mr.Srinivas at mody ford and the conclusion was that it is better not to cross 2000 rpm till engine run in, also it is better to change engine oil at 2500 kms ie the first service(all fine metal particles can be drained out)

@ ecosport rules: Thanks for the advice! I totally agree on the 2000 rpm mark and draining the engine oil at 2500 km is a good idea, but for the people who do not drive 2500 km in the first 3 months should wait until they cross that mark, re-visit the service center and change the oil. Do not change it at the 3 months inspection only service if you have not completed 2500 km at least.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sridhar-v (Post 3172087)
Congrats. Enjoy the drive. How much did the insurance premium work out to?

Thanks.

@sridhar-v: It worked out to Rs. 33919 with Bajaj Allianz Drive Assure-Economy. :D I am yet to receive the policy copy which is expected tomorrow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEHU (Post 3172000)

The Ecoboost engine was not straining, yet wasn't shooting through too.

This has been mentioned by others as well. The reason, I think, has to do with the fact that the EcoBoost is primarily an "efficiency" engine in contrast to a "performance" one as in the T-Jet.

Getting SMS's from independent car dealers now about ready availablity of the Ecosport diesel in all colors. So now the Ecosport is available in the black market with a premium. I booked mine at NOIDA Ford on the very day the pre launch booking opened but I'm being told about a tentative delivery in August. This is becoming a bit unnerving now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keshavarora (Post 3172128)
Getting SMS's from independent car dealers now about ready availablity of the Ecosport diesel in all colors. So now the Ecosport is available in the black market with a premium. I booked mine at NOIDA Ford on the very day the pre launch booking opened but I'm being told about a tentative delivery in August. This is becoming a bit unnerving now.

I had mailed Ford customer care regarding the unfair practices that are being employed by the dealers to make quick money. I got a carefully worded mail from them, same as many others have got, saying that (1)allocations are done by the dealers and they don't interfere in that AND (2) accessories, insurance, loan etc are at customers "option/choice" only. Now, even though the second point appears harmless, what these two points combined, essentially, means is that dealers are free to allot vehicles to customers who "choose" the option of buying their exorbitantly priced accessories/insurance. If you refer to the accessories dealer-price-list posted by somebody earlier in this thread, it is clear that dealers get huge commissions selling accessories. Also Ford benefits from these sales too.

So it is clear that these -out-of-turn allocations have Ford's blessings too. Well, it is a free market. They have the car. To buy it from them you have to play by whatever rules that are set by them. Those feeling disgusted (free market thinkers or otherwise), should look at other options. Today I saw an ad in a newspaper from VolksWagen on the Polo and Vento. Free 3 yr insurance, three year ext warranty, three year maintenance. Boy, am tempted. I hope these are all available on the Polo GT as well.

Anyone working on aftermarket accessories for exterior?
I remember paying 6k for a swift`s spoiler to a maruti dealer.
Found out later i can get it for 2k at a local accessories shop.
That was 7yrs ago.

Not many alloy designs available to replace OEMs, so not going to change, but will upgrade tire brand.Any suggestions? with prices if possible.

Going to a tire shop today, he takes company fitted new tires and exchange them.
Will update what will he is willing to pay for 5 MRFs or goodyear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3172008)

It will be placed in the centre of rear seat and yes it is removable.I will update with better pics after I get one

This sort of accessory is not new to Ford. I clearly remember, even the Fusion came with a similar option when it was launched.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynnusolak (Post 3172299)
Anyone working on aftermarket accessories for exterior?
I remember paying 6k for a swift`s spoiler to a maruti dealer.
Found out later i can get it for 2k at a local accessories shop.
That was 7yrs ago.

Not many alloy designs available to replace OEMs, so not going to change, but will upgrade tire brand.Any suggestions? with prices if possible.

Going to a tire shop today, he takes company fitted new tires and exchange them.
Will update what will he is willing to pay for 5 MRFs or goodyear.

Give it sometime, everything should be available outside soon. You could get in touch with the reputed 'mod' shops in NCR - autopsyche, speedsport etc and see if they have anything for the Ecosport yet. Anything in particular, you looking for?

Tyres being discussed here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...l-upgrade.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by agambhandari (Post 3172373)
This sort of accessory is not new to Ford. I clearly remember, even the Fusion came with a similar option when it was launched.

Looks like, it can be strapped to the seat using the middle passenger seat belt. If yes, then it is a neat setup. However, what I don't like is that it is bulky and reduces the space available. Also in case, you have a third passenger, you have to remove it and throw it in the boot. Better not get one unless you desperately want to look like a sethji.

Can someone post 20-80 and 40-100 In gear acceleration timings for 1.0 Ecoboost from Autocar Mag ? :)

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by xuv2390 (Post 3171896)
Hi Guys,

I finally took delivery of my EcoSport Titanium Diesel from Bhavna Ford, Navi Mumbai today! It was quite straight forward and the car was perfect. I have couple of points to make:

Until then, Cheers!!!

@xuv2390, congratulations!
Does anyone have a soft copy of the owner's manual or link, just to browse through while cooling the heels for next 4 to 5 months waiting for the car :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by penpavan (Post 3170069)
Also tell us what was the final price you paid with break up.
Congrats, looking forward to your ownership review

The OnRoad price was 11.29L. Ownership thread follows shortly :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sknair (Post 3172574)
@xuv2390, congratulations!
Does anyone have a soft copy of the owner's manual or link, just to browse through while cooling the heels for next 4 to 5 months waiting for the car :)

@sknair: I do not have a soft copy (over 250+ pages). The owners manual is in A5 size paper! You can request the dealership to allow you to take a xerox.

But stay cool, nothing really significant in the manual. I have already posted the important stuff in the previous post (pg. 158 I guess).