Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-158.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 3171047)
Just visited Cauvery Ford again today for booking the vehicle and to my astonishment, the waiting quoted by them was 7+ months for Titanium and 12+ months for Titanium (O). Does this make any sense to book the car now and wait for so long for taking the delivery? I had to just come away informing the sales person that the waiting period quoted by them is ridiculous and taking the customers for granted.

Do you guys have any idea on the waiting periods of other dealers in Bangalore? Do let me know. Waiting period of 3-4 months is okay, but 1 year is atrocious.

Suggest me whether to go ahead with booking now and wait till eternity for delivery or may be some time afterwards after the initial euphoria dies down?

No point waiting for such long, beyond 1-2 months doesnt make sense to me, start working on your other preferences or wait till the whole hype dies down, wont be much long.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srinivas C (Post 3171403)
Which dealer did you buy the car from?
Which insurance? Dealers are quoting 35 K for insurance from Bajaj for titanium diesel.

For example
You have an insurance with bharti axa with a no claim bonus of 50% on your existing car and now you have sold your car, no matter which new insurance you take with the ecosport your premium payable is 50% of the 35k he is quoting!!!:)

And the dealers always make it mandatory to take in house insurance for obvious reasons.My honest suggestion is let it be any insurance from anybody follow simple steps and make sure these are mentioned on your policy.

1.take with hydrostatic lock.
2.nil-dep with no limit in number of claims per year (they never tell you till you ask, it is usually two per year)
3.bumper to bumper including all electricals.

I bought the car from mody ford with bharti axa insurance.

Not sure if this has been shared already: EcoSport vs Duster by ACI

http://www.autocarindia.com/Video/34...ter-video.aspx

Most of the points are spot on and i clearly observed this on EcoSport. But the fact that its priced 2.5 lakhs cheaper than the duster will make many seal the deal.

Moderator note: Back to back post, use Multi Quote (Quote +) Instead. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dish (Post 3171527)
Which Yokohoma tires did you upgrade to ?

Yokohama ES 501 in the stock size.I have given a very detailed review on the Ecosports tyre and wheel upgrade section.I once again thank GTO for his advice against going for size upgrade and only upgrade the brandclap:

I am more than satisfied!!!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjithrnair (Post 3171400)
13K margin is daylight robbery :( .Did we get any benefits if we go with the packs rather than buying separate ?

Which option for rear view camera fixing did you opt for ? With the clamp or by drilling , would like to know which one looks better . Could you please share the price for the accessories that you have installed / planned to install.
Eagerly waiting for you upload detailed images of accessories installed .

Thanks ,
Ranjith

Hey Ranjit

I am uploading few pictures for reference.

Looks like Renault has already smelled trouble. They are offering attractive offers on all of their products including Duster in the name of 2nd Anniversary Celebration.

[quote=sknair;3171476]
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3171355)
Ask me anything about accessories as I am sort of an expert on ecosport accessories

I have installed

1.front bumber applique(plastic painted matt silver, looks awesome and completes the butch look)
2.Rear bumber applique
3.sport pedal covers.(manual transmission)
4.ambient light in foot well
7.Upgrades tires to yokos in the same stock size 205
8.tried to fix the rear camara with IRVM but the bracket of the stock IRVM fixed to the windshield did not match with that of the accessory IRVM so had to abort mission:Frustrati

Still waiting for the engine guard, rear arm rest to arrive.
Wanted to fit the rear spoiler but opted out as the manual said we have to drill on the boot door , the part which is exposed to weather (outside the door rubber seal)

Do keep us updated on the rear arm rest (post snaps) have ordered it with the vehicle.
Also are they now looking for the correct IRVM bracket for the rear view camera. I have ordered that as well and figure that the mirror itself is removed and replaced with one with a camera.

What was the original tyre brand that your received.

With the cross bars installed a) How does one install a roof rack? Do we still need a roof rack if the cross bar is installed? Are the two connected in any way? c) If the cross bars are not installed then how does one install the roof rack?

Ambient light is always on? Is it in both foot wells? Blue coloured?

Dear SKNAIR

Ford china offers 1 litre ecoboost(manual only) ,1.5 petrol(automatic) and no diesel version.
It is very true the DSG does not shift down quick enough and you cannot predict when it will shift even when you floor the pedal, it felt easier to shift to sports (S mode) and down shift :Frustrati
Driving in city is a little jerky in low speeds but manageable, honestly I feel the laura, polt gt with dsg are far more better.
Moreover the S mode shift switch was not convenient, I prefer the paddle shift of my civic or the skoda's shift

Hope this helps.you can ask me more about power shift ecosport

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 3171746)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sknair (Post 3171476)

Do keep us updated on the rear arm rest (post snaps) have ordered it with the vehicle.
Also are they now looking for the correct IRVM bracket for the rear view camera. I have ordered that as well and figure that the mirror itself is removed and replaced with one with a camera.

What was the original tyre brand that your received.

With the cross bars installed a) How does one install a roof rack? Do we still need a roof rack if the cross bar is installed? Are the two connected in any wa6y? c) If the cross bars are not installed then how does one install the roof rack?

Ambient light is always on? Is it in both foot wells? Blue coloured?

Dear ACM/SKNAIR

Will update in rear arm rest

Stock IRVM has to be removed anyway but there is a bracket adhering to windshield from inside on which the stock IRVM mounts and which cannot be replaced, the accessory IRVM with display is not sliding into this bracket, see the pictures below to view the mounting side of both stock and display IRVM, note the stock s mounting part is U shaped and displayIRVM is Vshaped

My stock tyres were good year assurance

Mody ford has not yet received the roof rack, will update as soon I get my hands on it

Ambient light (both footwells)as well as the led scuff plates are perfect match to blue as in the dashboard and both look awesome
Both are connected to the car unlock and door open function and as soon as you get in and power the ignition all of them go off along with the interior cabin roof light.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3171760)
Dear SKNAIR

Ford china offers 1 litre ecoboost(manual only) ,1.5 petrol(automatic) and no diesel version.
It is very true the DSG does not shift down quick enough and you cannot predict when it will shift even when you floor the pedal, it felt easier to shift to sports (S mode) and down shift :Frustrati
Driving in city is a little jerky in low speeds but manageable, honestly I feel the laura, polt gt with dsg are far more better.
Moreover the S mode shift switch was not convenient, I prefer the paddle shift of my civic or the skoda's shift

Hope this helps.you can ask me more about power shift ecosport

Thanks, did the automatic have a start/stop button; looks like in India we get no start/stop option (only a remote lock). Also you mentioned about engine guard, are they providing one? Ford's accessories web site wasn't showing any engine guard. Another question, has anyone upgraded the lights to HID, is there an option from ford? if not what is the best option?

@ecosport rules - Thank you for the images !

I see that the 3D Kagu Mats are already in place .Guess you started planning for all these much earlier :-) .Is that the universal one or the ecosport specific one is already available ?

Thanks ,
Ranjith

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxTorque (Post 3171727)
Looks like Renault has already smelled trouble. They are offering attractive offers on all of their products including Duster in the name of 2nd Anniversary Celebration.

Can you please share more details on duster offer? Last i knew was the waiting time has come down to few weeks

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 3171023)
1.5L petrol is a pretty powerful engine compared to any 1.2Ltr engines powering most of sub-4m cars today. They dont have any 1.5 petrol for test drive and i guess they launched it namesake for showing cheap pricing !!

1 ltr Ecoboost is turbocharged and is fun to drive BUT comes with the typical turbo lag. I noticed that below 1500rpm, it feels just like any other 1.2 ltr petrol engine from Swift/i20/Brio etc. Post 1500 your ride becomes fun.

I noticed 10.8Kmpl on the MID of Ecoboost. If we were to believe their 20% extra mileage claim, then normal 1.5ltr should only return 8-9kmpl max. may be 10 if you drive light footed. Even with Ecoboost, dont expect miracles when it comes to mileage. 10-12 is the range i would be happy with it. highways it can give 15ish may be. Diesel can give you 15-16kmpl in city.

I am sorry but it seems you are on a propaganda here. A 1.5 liter engine should deliver anywhere between 11-13 kmpl, especially the one as advanced as the engine in ford. 8-9 kmpl is too low.
In any case I don't think there should be any cross shopping between ertiga and the ecosport. Apart from two extra seats, which never mind are only suitable for kids, it is comprehensively out classed by the ford on every tangible and in tangible parameter.

Hi Guys,

I finally took delivery of my EcoSport Titanium Diesel from Bhavna Ford, Navi Mumbai today! It was quite straight forward and the car was perfect. I have couple of points to make:

1. The Rs. 6000 accessories the dealer charges is only for Carpet Mats & Mud Flaps! Extremely amazing but how much can you fight with them?

2. The 4th nut on the tailgate mounted tyre does not exist because the hole is meant for the wheel cover to be fixed!

3. I was surprisingly charged Rs. 15,000 extra (approx) for the registration over and above the official RTO tax receipt. I will receive the receipt on Tuesday post which I will re-confirm the amount being overcharged. Upon initial confrontation the Sales Adviser informed me that 6500 are registration fees they take to process the whole thing but still the 8500 is not being justified! I will wait for him to get back to me tomorrow and then keep you all posted.

3. None of the accessories except for the roof rails, wheel cover and carpets are available with my dealer. He says that Ford will send it within a week or so! Though I have not bought anything as yet except for the carpets and mud flaps, I have requested him to send the engine cover & rear hand rest.

4. I almost went through the entire owners manual and this is what I understand:

a. The engine breaking-in period is 1500 km so I will be careful until then.
b. In case you do not open the car for 3 days then it enters power-saver mode in order to save the battery from draining out faster hence the remote button may have to be pressed more than once to open the car. This is a good feature!
c. Tire pressure is 30 for all tires under normal load and in case of full load then 35 in the front and 40 in the rear.

5. I luckily received Goodyear Assurance tires but my dad is not happy! He thinks they are noisy! I will test them this week and confirm!

6. The first service is at 2500 km or 3 months (this is just a inspection service - no consumables).

7. The second free service is at 10,000 km or 1 year and post which every 10,000 or 1 year whichever comes earlier.

8. I have opted for the 4 year / 1,00,000 km warranty. The dealer said it will take 15 days to issue the warranty certificate.

9. I opted for the Bajaj Allianz Drive Assure-Economy Plan which includes Zero Depreciation + Engine Protector + 24x7 Roadside Assistance.

10. I received a DVD along with Owner's Manual, it says "Interactive Guide". I will browse through it and let you guys know!

Until then, Cheers!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sknair (Post 3171823)
Thanks, did the automatic have a start/stop button; looks like in India we get no start/stop option (only a remote lock). Also you mentioned about engine guard, are they providing one? Ford's accessories web site wasn't showing any engine guard. Another question, has anyone upgraded the lights to HID, is there an option from ford? if not what is the best option?

The chinese version of ecosport 1.5 auto titanium has
1.Keyless entry
2.Leather seats
3.sunroof(not panoramic)
4.daytime running lights.
5.6 airbags
6.providing headlighlight bulb upgrade to hella and phillips (same 55/60watts but atleast 40Percent brighter)I bought hella H4
7.interior map reading spot light led replacement by philips (bought one pair)T10 type
8.brighter led replacement for trunk.philips again (cylinder shape)
Also bought one extra pair of T10 super white leds and replaced parking lights as they are also T10.
9.No HID option from ford india
10.The length is also around 200mm more.

Ford india has bulb replacement for H4 with a blueish white bulb which looks very bright at source when the headlight is on but the beam doesnt even travel as far as the stock H4s:Frustrati

I have not seen the engine guard yet ,I will update as soon as I get my hands on it
I will upload some of the pictures I clicked in Ford china,snap of my superbright parking leds, ecosport china brochure

Quote:

Originally Posted by xuv2390 (Post 3171896)
Hi Guys,

I finally took delivery of my EcoSport Titanium Diesel from Bhavna Ford, Navi Mumbai

Until then, Cheers!!!

Congrats mate!!!!!! Join the party , happy motoring.:)
Which colour did you pick??
Waiting to get my hands on the engine guard and arm rest

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjithrnair (Post 3171841)
@ecosport rules - Thank you for the images !

I see that the 3D Kagu Mats are already in place .Guess you started planning for all these much earlier :-) .Is that the universal one or the ecosport specific one is already available ?

Thanks ,
Ranjith

Bought the 3d mats during my visit to china, it was difficult to locate their right hand drive export version.The guy who sold me the mats said as the ecosport is built on the new fiesta platform they would perfectly fit in.It was a worthy risk I took and they fit in perfectly if you see my previous posts.

So the best thing all the ecosport fans can do is buy the new fiesta mats in india if you dont want to wait for the ecosport specific model to be released.

Dear XUV 2390

Just wanted to add that I had a chat with the service manager Mr.Srinivas at mody ford and the conclusion was that it is better not to cross 2000 rpm till engine run in, also it is better to change engine oil at 2500 kms ie the first service(all fine metal particles can be drained out)

Happy motoring.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 3170924)
Finally i got to test drive the EcoSport. I could only manage the Ecoboost engine as the diesel was out for service.

1. I liked the driving position, power was good(not great) and in city conditions, turbo lag will be evident(Without turbo, it feels like any 1.2 ltr petrol hatch) But since i am more keen on diesel, i was more interested in handling and suspension. So i wanted to try on the bad stretches(Plenty on bangalore)
2. Front passengers will not feel any of the bad roads or undulations. I tested on bad potholes and vehicle behaved decently
3. Steering is very very light. Its good for the city, but i did not get any feedback on bad roads.
4. After a while switched to back seat with my Mrs. Now the problem starts. Rear bench is flat, stiff and did not feel comfy at all.
5. There is a wonderful seat recline option, but as i sat in reclined position and as driver picked up speed on ORR, i could feel undulations disturbing me. Suspension is stiff. I did ask the driver if they have filled too much air, but he said this is expected from SUV, everything is normal.
6. Driver armrest, I felt its pretty useless as i could not reach the gear lever properly(i am just 5.7) May be taller drivers will like it, but i did not.
7. No point talking about the looks. It is the best looking car south of 10 lakh right now.
So i am having mixed feelings about this car now.

I happened to take a Test Drive of both the Titanium Diesel (O) and the Ecoboost Titanium (O) at Madurai. Though the TD for the Diesel version was longer, the TD for Ecoboost was a shortened one. The pick up was not so exhilarating as I had anticipated from the 126BHP and 170NM odd torque as much as I experience in my Mitsubishi CEDIA (Cedia's is just 115BHP and 176 NM torque). The aerodynamics, 2 litre engine and the rally pedigree are different aids to this comparison though.

The Diesel one was smooth and refined, felt at ease while crossing 100KMPH @ 2500-3000rpm. I touched a 150KMPH mark and then it felt like it could do some more.

The Ecoboost engine was not straining, yet wasn't shooting through too. The vehicle was just 523KMs old on the odo and showed 15KMPL in what looked like a fuel average calculator on display. I did 120KMPH without any drama of the back being pegged to the seat like how a SWIFT D or a Skoda RAPID or a CEDIA does. But then cars are cars and SUVs, miniscule or mighty, are SUVs!

Styling cues are awesome as the world agrees upon. The 4th year extended warranty is an inbuilt expense on the quotation and varies from Rs.11500-Rs.16800 from the lowest Ambiente Petrol to the Titanium (O) Diesel options in that order. Seeing that I'm a member of Team BHP the Cauvery Ford, Madurai guys agreed to slash the fourth year extended warranty from the bill; but for the others its a compulsory one. Team BHP rules:I Rule: