Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-152.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zteg (Post 3170458)
Anybody from Bangalore who booked from Elite Ford.

They are so slow in everything. While the world has already started delivering, they are still busy with some RTO formality(this is what they claim).

I booked the Trend Diesel with them. Not only are they slow, but like I have mentioned previously, I have had problems with the insurance/accessories etc. I somehow get the feeling I picked the wrong dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by damager21 (Post 3170525)
Which dealer in Mumbai did you book your EcoSport with and which location?

I went to Wasan but I booked it with Kairali Ford in Kerala.I really wanted KL number plate!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 3170485)
I have a query on the Mid Trend variant.

Ford website mentions that Base and mid variant comes with 2 line MFD screen(I suppose on the instrument cluster) where as top end titanium comes with 3.5" MFD screen

Nowi also see that Trend will be missing all the below:

Econometer, Distance to empty display, Average Fuel economy display,Average Speed display, Outside temperature display

So what does the MFD really mean ? just the total km reading ? Does it even come with trip meters ?

The 2 line MFD in Trend has tripmeter, total kms and it almost ends there and is quite basic. Titanium has 2 screens one 3.5" MFD located in the centre of the dash which contains sync settings, browsing music, contacts etc.
The regular MFD in the instrument cluster with real time mileage, outside temperature, distance to empty etc.
This was one important reason why I had to change my booking from Trend to Titanium. It's a nice set of information so that we don't need to do the calculation.

Autocar India has all the hard stats and numbers that you guys have been looking for. Very good numbers, I must say(except for the estimated price) esp. for the EcoBoost.
__________________________________________________ __________

Another thing I want to share is that I have learnt from the local dealer that in reality, I could get a call one fine afternoon any day telling me about my allocation. They are being allotted cars almost daily(only Diesel till now), so EcoBoost could come any day and mine would be in the first lot.
In fact, I was so flexible on color front to get speedy delivery, the SM took 4 color choices. I really said "Any color as long as it's NOT black"(A new take on the Ford's legendary statement) :D

Not to spoil the excitement here. But did anyone feel awkward while getting into the rear seats. The entry/exit felt a bit strained at the rear seats. Not sure if it was just a feeling.

The wipers jutting out on the windscreen was an eyesore from the drivers seat. Probably because they are perfectly hidden on all other Fords.

Otherwise excellent package. The Price ensures the duster would start rolling out discounts pretty soon. I wonder where Ertiga would hide. But then for those who can convince themselves that its a 7/8 seater, it might still look VFM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agambhandari (Post 3170566)
Here are all the hard stats and numbers that you guys have been looking for. Very good numbers, I must say(except for the estimated price) esp. for the EcoBoost.
Attachment 1106226
Copyright Autocar India 2013

Tiny diagrammatic error on ACI's part - the length of 3999 mm is bumper to bumper. Their diagram has it including the spare, although the description below is correct.

Thanks Dry Ice, ecosport, rajshenoy, manualManuel. I am going to the showroom tomorrow where I will take a call.

Thanks again for your inputs.

Here is a new Autocar India Comparo on Ecosport Vs Duster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjHG7qDz8kg

A good comparison between Ecosport and Duster.
http://www.autocarindia.com/Video/34...ter-video.aspx .
I felt the comparison was really unbiased with the reviewers pointing out plus and minus on both.
We all love our Cars Big and love to buy at cheap price. Coming months is going to be interesting to see if the consumer prefers Size(i mean the duster) or the Price(I mean the Ecosport).

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunphilip (Post 3170595)
Tiny diagrammatic error on ACI's part - the length of 3999 mm is bumper to bumper. Their diagram has it including the spare, although the description below is correct.

Also note that they have put the Ecoboost as a 999cc 4 cylinder engine instead of 3. That's a major typo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunphilip (Post 3170595)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3170651)

Also note that they have put the Ecoboost as a 999cc 4 cylinder engine instead of 3. That's a major typo.

Yes, very true. This was also my first thought when I saw the magazine.

But these typos aside, I posted this page from the magazine mainly for the performance figures and the Fuel efficiency info. which were much needed.

Finally got my silver titanium optional TDCI on 26 june at 2.45pm after an years wait.The car was personally handed over to me by MR.Sanooj (R.SALES MANAGER FORD INDIA).He said it is the first ecosport to be physically delivered all over India, I was thrilled.:D

The Mody Ford experience was very satisfying, a team of around 10 people worked very hard for making the all india first delivery possible in hyderabad.They even finished the temporary registration and insurance before 2.45pm.clap:

I will upload some pictures later.

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 3170520)
Nice details. I was guessing petrol would only return 9-10 in city and looks like its true. But for diesel i expect at least 14-15kmpl.

I have taken the delivery of ecosport on 26th june and have covered around 1300km including a highway trip to yadgiri gutta, near hyderabad.

The fuel economy is better than expected.
In city bumper to bumber 1st and 2nd gear..10 to 11km per litre
In city 2nd and 3rd gears mostly...................12kmpl
In city with higher gears..................................13 to 15kmpl
On the highway exclusively at 2000 rpm between 80 to 90km....22.7kmpl
On the highway trip(mostly highway with less city)......................18kmpl.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20130706wa0001.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20130706wa0002.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20130706wa0003.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gizmokid (Post 3169856)
Congratulations mate; Looks like we are the first two on this forum to get deliveries :D

Congratulations to both of you.!!!!!

I think three members from team bhp have taken deliveries, please correct me if I am wrong.
My ecosport was delivered on june 26th at 2.45pm(TITANIUM OPTIONAL TDCI, SILVER)

The second one is titanium optional sea grey TDCI I guess delivered on 3rd july

Which is the variant and colour for the third one?

Luckily I got good years too and I have done around 1300 km so far and I am loving the car more and more each day.well done ford:Cheering:

Attaching some pictures of fuel economy and size comparision with a fortuner

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20130706wa0009.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20130706wa0008.jpg

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

I am not buying their fuel efficiency figures. Under similar conditions I was getting 10 vs 15 when revved hard and 13 vs 18 when driven sedately.
I would also expect highway mileage to be 15 vs 20 and not what they are claiming.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agambhandari (Post 3170371)
The SM here at the dealership confirms that over 19K bookings have been made already, with at least 17K of these being diesel.

@Mods - Please delete if this is not appropriate.

Am given to understand (from a reliable supplier to Ford) that Ford has crossed 16,000 bookings of Ecosport as on date & is expected to raise to 24k within this fortnight.