Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-52.html)

Man that Ambiente looks really stripped down, any more cutting of features on that, they would end up selling just the bare shell.
I saw the car at the showroom yesterday. It looks good no doubt about that, but there is no denying it's a small car. You sit inside and you can feel it being smaller width wise. Not that it is uncomfortable, not at all, the rear legroom also seemed decent for a car 4m long.
The plastics are hard but from previous experience with Ford cars, they are made to last.
Now for the price ..... another wait.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayPrashanth (Post 3149604)
Ford has outfitted the EcoSport with an ample amount of kit, with even the base Ambiente variant of the crossover getting the following features as standard,
  • Factory Fitted Audio with Bluetooth and USB support
  • Tilt-telescopic steering wheel
  • Electrically Adjustable Wing Mirrors
  • Front Power Windows
  • Air Conditioning

OEM audio +Power windows + air conditioning = ample amount of kit for a 2013 launch, especially when the price is unknown?:Frustrati
Quote:

Originally Posted by anumod (Post 3149767)
Forgot to mention one important point here. The Engine cover is coming as an accessory

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 3150137)
Normally the Engine cover sits on top of the Engine and is fitted onto mounting points provided on the Engine rather than on the engine bay. It was mentioned somewhere that the Engine cover is standard on some engine and not on some other. So it must as per your info be an accessory for the engine on which it is not standard. But the question is where it would be mounted if the cover is the same as the one on the other engine and would just be swapped. Hence most likely it would be a different engine cover for different engines (and mention the engine type / size on the top of the cover).

The other accessories that you mention are really nice once - A rear arm rest is hard to add. Is it going to be a foldable type (fold into the seat) if so then it would require the seat to be different form the company itself and rather than an accessory it would be more of an option (which is a very good facility if indeed so.) If it is an accessory then it would be taking away the small middle passenger seat for sure. - Not a bad Idea if one is a family of 4 though.

The Reverse Camera would be nice add on - especially as this would not void the warranty and even better if it is not a snap on that comes on top of the existing mirror. So if it were to be something that just replaces the existing mirror then again it would have to be a factory option rather than an accessory.

The Rear spoiler will add to the looks, but then so would be spare wheel cover - though the spare wheel itself does look quite good.

It needs to be seen if there are all indeed factory options or accessories. Factory options though a great idea are unlikely in a vehicle of this class.

I think the engine protector, rear spoiler, rear seat arm rest would have to be factory options. Because I feel it ahs to be fitted from factory because the current design has to be altered for this. And I believe that is the reason they are taking order for this also during the booking itself.

Another good option they re providing are the extra protection for bonnet and headlamp. With this when you go on highways the small scratches which occurs because of the bugs coming in and small gravels coming out of the other vehicles can be avoided. BUt it is costly though, both of them together is coming to 8 K

Bhpians who have seen the vehicle. What is the difference between the titanium and titanium(o) variants. The brochure says two tone interior and curtain airbags. Is that the only difference ?

Titanium (O) also gets leather seats and 2 tweeters. Everything else is found on titanium.

Quote:

Originally Posted by liner4u (Post 3150168)
Bhpians who have seen the vehicle. What is the difference between the titanium and titanium(o) variants. The brochure says two tone interior and curtain airbags. Is that the only difference ?

The accessory list as posted on theautomotiveindia forum.

That's a good long list of accessories provided by Ford. Few of them could be really useful and could make ecosport look more "urban", especially those DRLs if that's what they are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by liner4u (Post 3150168)

6 airbags, Leather seats, two tone interiors (but the sales rep didnt mention anything) and he also mentioned arm rests. But arm rest was available in the Titanium. I checked out Titanium model yesterday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3150186)
6 airbags, Leather seats and he also mentioned arm rests. But arm rest was available in the Titanium. I checked out Titanium model yesterday.

How different is the interior ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by liner4u (Post 3150189)
How different is the interior ?

The one I saw yesterday had black and grey interior. Option pack will have darker shade.I have a feeling that the one I saw yesterday was option pack. If you see the pics you will see curtain airbags and leather seats. For titanium, only AT offers 6 airbags.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zteg (Post 3150171)
Titanium (O) also gets leather seats and 2 tweeters. Everything else is found on titanium.

The accessory list as posted on theautomotiveindia forum.

Sweeeeet!

Whats a white bulb and vinyl seat covers?

How would seat covers work on airbag loaded seats?

Also, any more pictures of the remaining accessories?

Quote:

Originally Posted by zen kobane (Post 3150193)
Sweeeeet!

Seat covers must be for the lower trims only not for the ones with side airbags obviously.

White streak bulbs look to be the LED DRL's which are not present. I'm not sure but sound like that. Take a look at the review of pics of where the LED DRL's are supposed to be.

Although for fitting LED DRL's I think you need a new headlamp unit completely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zen kobane (Post 3150193)

How would seat covers work on airbag loaded seats?

Also, any more pictures of the remaining accessories?

White bulb is something like the ones seen in Audis.

It is NOT recommended to use seat covers in a vehicle with curtain Airbags in the seat (a.ka. XUV5OO). If it is on the roof line / seat belt, you can use seat covers

That is an impressive Accessories list out there.

Includes GPS. - So Satnav? Screen?

The Roof rack tray is very neat, it will prevent the look of the vehicle from getting spoilt due to the cross bars that normally come out beyond the edges of a roof rack on both sides. Will look smart. The Wheel Cover though does not seem needed considering the really nice alloy on the spare wheel.

White streak Head Lights should look good be it rings or the DLR's. They would have called it DLR's if they were indeed that.

The neat accessories list of options available is by itself a significant feature for the EcoSport buyers.

They should have given an option of Leather seats for the AT Titanium buyers who cannot get the "O" pack.

Also the Start Stop and Smart Access should have been made available as an option to the AT Titanium buyers for the same reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zteg (Post 3149539)
Where is the option for livechat? I couldnt find it on the website. Can you please post a link.

Its there on the RHS bottom of the home page http://www.india.ford.com/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3150204)
Seat covers must be for the lower trims only not for the ones with side airbags obviously.

White streak bulbs look to be the LED DRL's which are not present. I'm not sure but sound like that. Take a look at the review of pics of where the LED DRL's are supposed to be.

Although for fitting LED DRL's I think you need a new headlamp unit completely.

White streak bulbs are a replacement for stock bulbs which you get as a default with your headlights. So instead of yellow light, you get bluish white light.

Its like replacing those traditional bulbs in your house which gives yellow light with CFL bulb which is more brighter like tube lights and give white light.

PHILIPS Whitestreak Bulbs Kit is available for Figo

Function
Emits bluish white streak of light similar to expensive and CMVR unapproved HID Kits

Feature
Bluish white streak of light
Replacement type of bulbs
Compatible for Figo
Comes as a set of parking lamps, head lamps & Fog lamps

Benefit
Adds a gizmo feature for Figo
Cost effective solution in lieu of the unapproved expensive HID kits