Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-61.html)

Brochure is available at the Ford dealers. I have Attached the spec details for your reference.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-19062013441.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-19062013442.jpg

After hearing and reading so much about Ecosport, my fascination for Ford continues with Fiesta 1.6 in hand and now booked a 1.5 diesel Titanium variant of Ecosport :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by johy (Post 3153466)
Someone please clarify. Doesn't the Ecosport come with ABS plus EBD?

I think that is only in the automatic version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by niks_devil666 (Post 3153446)
nobody seems to be buying electric blue :eek:? blue doesnt go well with us Indians is it ?

I like the Kinetic Blue on the Fiesta, and am probably going to select either the Kinetic Blue or Sea Gray. Then again, I'm a fan of blue since I've an Electric Blue Getz :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zteg (Post 3153464)
Arent they not providing body coloured covers?

Yeah, that struck me as odd. I wonder if they want us to pay an additional to get it painted to the body colour in their paint shop.

Its not very good of them to show body-coloured covers in the brochure and website when its not listed as being available.

This colour scheme might also not work out visually - imagine the rear view - body colour on the hatch door, black for the rear bumper, and a shade of silver for the spare cover.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johy (Post 3153466)
Someone please clarify. Doesn't the Ecosport come with ABS plus EBD?

ABS is present on Trend/Titanium/Titanium (O) variants, and not present on the entry-level Ambiente variant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolboy007 (Post 3153315)
I was browsing the features on Ford's website and really surprised to note that the 1.5 Diesel Ecosport shows Smart keyless entry as standard even on the Titanium model.

I always thought that the side curtain airbags and keyless entry/start is offered only on the top Titanium (o) model. Is it a mistake on Ford's part or are they really offering keyless entry on titanium, would be an icing on the cake.

All depends on the pricing now, ready to book mine in Mars Red :D

As per the brochure, the keyless entry and button starter are standard on the Titanium as well. The main add ons that the option variant gets are leather seats, 6 airbags, different colored lower dash and two tweeters. Which is odd because the review here specifically mentions that there were no tweeters present in the test cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunphilip (Post 3153478)
Yeah, that struck me as odd. I wonder if they want us to pay an additional to get it painted to the body colour in their paint shop.

Its not very good of them to show body-coloured covers in the brochure and website when its not listed as being available.

This colour scheme might also not work out visually - imagine the rear view - body colour on the hatch door, black for the rear bumper, and a shade of silver for the spare cover.

Exactly. I am not sure if they are going to repaint the cover. If that is the case why would they give 2 colour options. Just 1 would suffice.

Anti theft nuts for alloy is also an accessory?? Come on Ford.

If all these are accessories, Ford will have to price it really low. Imagine paying 10L+ for the car and then spending 1L on accessories.

Folks, sorry to disappoint, but I don't think the launch is going to happen this week. Mulally has gone to China where he opened an engine plant in Chongqing today. From what a fellow BHPian, with inside news on Ford, tells me he will return to India for the launch as part of his Asia tour itinerary. That will happen next week most likely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarScream (Post 3153523)
Folks, sorry to disappoint, but I don't think the launch is going to happen this week. Mulally has gone to China where he opened an engine plant in Chongqing today. From what a fellow BHPian, with inside news on Ford, tells me he will return to India for the launch as part of his Asia tour itinerary. That will happen next week most likely.

Ford dealer at Coimbatore just told me that the launch is scheduled on 25th June.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nskumar (Post 3153341)
As per the list that Sumit has got from the Delhi dealership, ex showroom (Delhi) prices for Ford EcoSport would be as follows-
1.5 Petrol variant
1.5 Petrol Ambiente – 6.5 L
1.5 Petrol Trend – 7 L
1.5 Petrol Titanium Manual Transmission – 7.5 L
1.5 Petrol Titanium Automatic Transmission – 8.5 L
1.0 Petrol variant
1.0 Petrol Titanium Manual Transmission – 9.0 L
1.0 Petrol Titanium + Option – 9.75 L
1.5 Diesel variant
1.5 Diesel Ambiente – 8.5 L
1.5 Diesel Trend – 9 L
1.5 Diesel Titanium 9.5 L
1.5 Diesel Titanium + Option – 10 L

http://motoroids.com/news/ford-ecosp...inr-6-5-lakhs/

Expect 1.5P Ambiente to be priced at 5.99L with topmost variant priced at 9.25L.

Huge volumes in terms of pre-booking and high localization will ensure aggressive pricing. The difference between petrol and diesel variant will be more than a lac as Ford is expecting higher sale of Diesel variants and hence will make more profit from it.

Also, next year EcoSport will be exported to 30+ countries which will lead to further economies of scale.

As per a dealer in Mumbai, Ford has already received over 5000 pre-bookings and in a week post launch that number will cross 10000. There are many fence sitters who want to see the car in flesh and are waiting for price to be revealed before committing.

Expect Diwali crackers end of this week.

On a separate note, there is an article in ET today titled "Ford set to drive in automatic SUV EcoSport to woo women in India"

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/20655807.cms

Quote:

Originally Posted by keshavarora (Post 3153474)
I think that is only in the automatic version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunphilip (Post 3153478)

ABS is present on Trend/Titanium/Titanium (O) variants, and not present on the entry-level Ambiente variant.

I looked up the website and I think ABS yes, but EBD no - please correct me if I am wrong. A bit disappointing.

My friend got a mail from MPL Ford stating that bookings for ecosport have started. Booking Amount RS. 50,000/-.

I guess Ford has learnt from the Fiesta launch and decided to dump safety features for the basic model and gone with bling. I was flamed for suggesting this, but the fact is that if Ford wants an attractive starting price for the cars, ABS and airbags have to get the boot in favour of ICE with USB and Bluetooth and mirror mounted indicators. ESC on the Diesel Titanium would have been nice though.

Ford has taken a lesson from Maruti Swift and this should work for numbers. The fact is that you have to pay to get a safe car, if you priority is bling the Ambiente trim should float your boat. Sales folk manage to dupe a majority of buyers into believing that ABS is needed only for the highway at speeds over 100kph, and conversely, these folks think that seatbelts are needed only on highways at speeds over 100 so its really a vicious circle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by niks_devil666 (Post 3153446)
nobody seems to be buying electric blue :eek:? blue doesnt go well with us Indians is it ?

I own a Blue Laura and before that had the Blue TATA Safari TCIC - have always had a Blue vehicle. I would consider a Blue EcoSport AT if I went down that route. But yes it is indeed rare on Indian roads. - Which is good for those who go for Blue. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by diffsoft (Post 3153465)
Yes. But the brochure indicates otherwise.
http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Bl...lob&blobkey=id

Look at the last two pages and the asterisk.

Cheers,

The Online site also mentions a MT Leather Shifter gear and it seems to be a bit of a copy past job from the Titanium MT. If indeed the start stop button and flip key does exist in the AT it will be great but seems unlikely. We can expect Ford to make corrections on their website in a day or two if the feature is not present as there would be persons from Ford Marketing team monitoring this thread. The Hardcopy printed can be incorrect but that is unlikely.

Ford's pricing is interesting

they clearly want to focus on the 1.5 petrol as good sales of this version will bring in economies of scale for ford, which will also have a positive spin off on the Facelifted Fiesta (yes, its round the corner)

Ford clearly doesn't want too many ecoboost selling- they have supply constraints beyond a point, and this engine will be a Tech demonstrator for Ford, at least in the initial months. Of course, if demand for Eco Boost shoots through the roof then Ford will consider assembling it in India and powering the fiesta with it as well.

The 2 L differential between the 1.5 P and D is ludicrous, and Ford has clearly built in huge margins on the Diesel and kept petrol margins very low. The Ecoboost pricing provides a good step up for the diesel to the extent a lot of "lesser informed" buyers may not notice the the actual difference in the equivalent P and D versions is 2Lakhs!

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshugoswami (Post 3153633)
Ford's pricing is interesting

they clearly want to focus on the 1.5 petrol as good sales of this version will bring in economies of scale for ford, which will also have a positive spin off on the Facelifted Fiesta (yes, its round the corner)

Ford clearly doesn't want too many ecoboost selling- they have supply constraints beyond a point, and this engine will be a Tech demonstrator for Ford, at least in the initial months. Of course, if demand for Eco Boost shoots through the roof then Ford will consider assembling it in India and powering the fiesta with it as well.

The 2 L differential between the 1.5 P and D is ludicrous, and Ford has clearly built in huge margins on the Diesel and kept petrol margins very low. The Ecoboost pricing provides a good step up for the diesel to the extent a lot of "lesser informed" buyers may not notice the the actual difference in the equivalent P and D versions is 2Lakhs!

agree:The 2L difference between 1.5P and D is too much. My gut feeling is that 1.5 petrol will be more fun to drive than diesel. Petrol makes sense for folks who do not use the vehicle a lot.