Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-59.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 (Post 3152920)
BTW : Does anyone have any pics of the car in "Chill" color? I googled but couldn't really find any and i'm quite keen to know how different it is from Silver. Is it the DZire beige/gold kind of shade?

Chill is very different from Silver, it doesn't look like the Dzire shade at all. The shade is not appealing to a lot of people. It sort of absorbs the surrounding colour and is quite unique.

There was a post on this very thread that had a link to pics of a get-together in mexico by the owners of Ecosports. That link had over 50-60 pictures and had the vehicle in every colour sold (barring yellow).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 (Post 3152920)
You can "officially" book the car at 50k. If you are going to handover 1lac, make sure you get the car in the first lot. What the hell is that 50k additional amount then worth? Talera is just probably cashing in on the demand it sees based on the bookings. I paid a lac to get ahead of the queue cause i've driven the fiesta 1.5 diesel and seen the Ecosport enough to know it suits my requirement.

BTW : Does anyone have any pics of the car in "Chill" color? I googled but couldn't really find any and i'm quite keen to know how different it is from Silver. Is it the DZire beige/gold kind of shade?

Talera Ford Pune is not asking for 1 lac. I checked with them today, and the booking amount is still 50k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avira_tk (Post 3153014)
Chill is very different from Silver, it doesn't look like the Dzire shade at all. The shade is not appealing to a lot of people. It sort of absorbs the surrounding colour and is quite unique.

Hi, If you want to see , how the colour looks, take look at Figo in chill colour in ford india's web site.

if you you want to see the Ecosport in Chill , you need to wait....

Quote:

Originally Posted by niks_devil666 (Post 3153047)
talera ford pune is not asking for 1 lac. I chkd with them today and booking amt is still 50k

I checked with the Talera Ford, Nigdi showroom caz that's the nearest to my place. Also I asked the same question on Ford website's live chat and the Ford consultant said "We will get back to you later". May be they know that some dealers are trying to cash in.

To all those who have pre-booked,

Have you received any unique allocation number from your dealer? Or does it happen after launch?

EcoSport rolling out from Chennai Plant and being dispatched to dealers across India. The first car in Red looks to be Trend variant.

Ford India has updated its websites. Everything you knew or wanted to know except price is now available on the site.

-List of variants
-Specifications
-List of accessories
-You can even check this model in "Quote" section but the amount is reflecting as Rs. 0 for now.

http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosp...&site=FIPL#f=1

The Ford India Site is now live with the accessories

http://www.india.ford.com/cars/ecosp...ories/exterior

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travelocity (Post 3153055)
Hi, If you want to see , how the colour looks, take look at Figo in chill colour in ford india's web site.

if you you want to see the Ecosport in Chill , you need to wait....

We have the New Fiesta in Chill, was talking about that, the website colour and real life is quite a contrast. To see the EcoSport in any colour, you have to wait.:Frustrati

Very detailed information on the website, though I do not see colour options and 360 degree view option.

The list of accessories is very impressive.

I compared the length and breadth of the vehicle against my Getz and it is almost similar, ecosport has an additional 100 mm length and width. Now I need to see how much space optimization Ford has done. If they are able to match close to the benchmark created by Honda with Amaze, I will be very impressed.

I was browsing the features on Ford's website and really surprised to note that the 1.5 Diesel Ecosport shows Smart keyless entry as standard even on the Titanium model.

I always thought that the side curtain airbags and keyless entry/start is offered only on the top Titanium (o) model. Is it a mistake on Ford's part or are they really offering keyless entry on titanium, would be an icing on the cake.

All depends on the pricing now, ready to book mine in Mars Red :D

I just looked through the specs - is the EcoSport the cheapest car you can buy in India which has ISOFIX child seat mounting points? If so, hats off to Ford for not skimping on this feature. clap:

Now, if only parents would buy child seats and strap their kids in ...

The site displays a long list of Accessories, many of them not seen so far with other manufacturers at this range.
1.Bug Deflector
2.Roof styling rails and cross bars.
3.Headlamp guard. This looks interesting.

The 15inch alloy wheels seems to be from New Fiesta not seen in any picture captured so far.

Was surfing through the various Models available.Man the Titanium is loaded!! Anything in the range of 11lacs on road is a steal for this model.
The trend is well loaded as well by industry standards but Titanium makes this look like basic.

Many picture show Ecosport with M/T(well almost) tread pattern tires,looks nice.

i was going through ford ecosport official indian website and they are mentioning-
-1.5 Tivct diesel engine with VGT.
-disc brakes on all 4 wheels.
Couldnt take screenshot, i was bit in the hurry.
Can somebody confirm from ford official website.