Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-157.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zteg

Thanks Arun.

I have booked Titanium Diesel Diamond white. I pre-booked it on 15th June.

Have you opted for any accessories ? Any idea where will the rear view camera fit in the back bumper , Kairali Ford Trivandrum has shared a price list for accessories which quote 25K for rear view camera + IRVM display unit alone .. Not sure whether it is a mistake or not .

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjithrnair (Post 3171288)

Have you opted for any accessories ? Any idea where will the rear view camera fit in the back bumper , Kairali Ford Trivandrum has shared a price list for accessories which quote 25K for rear view camera + IRVM display unit alone .. Not sure whether it is a mistake or not .

I am going on Monday to select few accessories. 25k is a mistake. I believe it is 12k. Guess the camera fits in the centre of the bumper. There is also an option to mount it with a L-bracket. That will save your bumper from a drill job.
Thinking of going for seat covers, reverse camera and illuminated scuffs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivmarwaha (Post 3171198)
Finally booked trend diesel today at Harpreet ford. Dealership was a total chaos but when they saw me with the chequebook, their senior manager came promptly. They say two to three months is the waiting period. I will now have to start searching for an appropriate loan, probably from Sai. Don't want to keep emi too high, so will have to go in for a seven year term, though I would like to prepay in three to four years max. I need help as to how to arrange insurance for a new car. I was told that I can get my own insurance.. Can I get icici Lombard insurance for a new car online or is it advisable to go along with the dealer for first year insurance.

If you already have a car insurance with bonus you may as well get the bonus transferred to the new car.Also opt for a nil-depreciation policy which allows multiple claims in an year plus hydrostatic lock and convenience coverage (all for around 24k )

Quote:

Originally Posted by penpavan (Post 3171207)
Lathangi. And no, I will request for Goodyear. If I get MRF, I will not change immediately.

I am waiting for some mileage numbers for EcoBoost before I make a decision. Can somebody help?
But I am inclined to buy.

I have done around 1300km on my ecosport, the mid shows
City....11 to 15 kmpl
Highway...20 to 24kmpl
Mixed........15 to 18 kmpl:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjithrnair (Post 3171288)

The dealer price for rear view camara is around 12k but they are charging 25k.The box comes with two kind of brackets
1.you can make a hole with a hole saw in the centre of bumper above the number plate
2.you can fix it above the registration plate , concealed like that of the top end verna.

Ask me anything about accessories as I am sort of an expert on ecosport accessories

I have installed

1.front bumber applique(plastic painted matt silver, looks awesome and completes the butch look)
2.Rear bumber applique
3.sport pedal covers.(manual transmission)
4.ambient light in foot well
5.Led back lit scuffplates(matches with the icy blue of dash lights , but ford supplied it for the left hand drive so there is a problem with length of wires)
6.Cross bars(top class quality)
7.Upgrades tires to yokos in the same stock size 205
8.tried to fix the rear camara with IRVM but the bracket of the stock IRVM fixed to the windshield did not match with that of the accessory IRVM so had to abort mission:Frustrati

Still waiting for the engine guard, rear arm rest to arrive.
Wanted to fit the rear spoiler but opted out as the manual said we have to drill on the boot door , the part which is exposed to weather (outside the door rubber seal)

Will upload few pictures of my car for your reference, please excuse the quality as they were taken by my phones camara.Will upload better ones later

Hope it helps

Quote:

Originally Posted by penpavan (Post 3170993)
Don't have the booking numbers. But SA said I could be the first one to take EcoBoost delivery. (From dealership or Bangalore itself, am not sure)

Anyone can tell me what could be the city mileage for EcoBoost?

During the test drive the mid was showing 11 kmpl with normal driving and 8 kmpl when pushed hard

Quote:

Originally Posted by sknair (Post 3170967)
Based1 .5 on what I hear is that even though ecoboost has more power, the drive ability is 1.5L. Did anyone get to test drive the 1.5 petrol? The ecoboost has noticeable lag at lower RPMs.

I test drove the petrol automatic during my visit to china.power delivery is linear without any lag.Power shift was also good
I agree with you about the lag in ecoboost, it is more fun to drive on the highway than in city, the diesel is better in city.

Does anybody have the price list of ecosport accessories incuding labour? will be very helpful in settling the bill amounts for bhpians.I felt the pricelist of elite ford very reasonable any other input is welcome.

I had a much closer look at around 4 Ecosports today, like the Blue the best, parked next to my Duster at a Ford showroom.

The big concern for me was expecting to see a claustrophobic backseat due to pics of limited space and the way the window angles down. This would be a concern for a lot of folks. I hate being cooped in.

Well, its not that bad, it didn't look too cramped or claustrophobic, its adequate and not a dealbreaker. For this reason alone I see a lot of folks looking at the Duster veering towards the Ecosport. I rarely worry too much about the boot, and in this case its adequate for 2 suitcases.

For the urban family its a perfect vehicle and the pricing is not out to gauge you. A thumbs up to Ford from me, if I were in the market today, it would be a tough call. On many configurations the Ecosport could be 3 lakhs cheaper!

That's a big deal for any car buyer, even for some one who really likes the Duster this would be a factor. I think I would go for Ecosport for the value, the market is not a reflection of me but I have a feeling without a price correction from Renault or if Ford Hikes, Duster volumes are going to take a hit, especially on the best selling 85 diesel.

I don't see the point of spending 14 lakhs on the Duster - btw I spend around 13 lakhs pre price hike for the RXZ 110, when the Ecosport can be yours for 10 or less. The Duster imho is simply not worth that kind of money, with the value engineering and low cost materials all around. It should be around 11-12 for the top end. Neither is the XUV at current prices and many other cars of course, and the TINA factor saves a lot of these offerings.

Back to the Ecosport, I intend to drive it to get a feel for handling, suspension, engine etc but a few observations. From the stance it doesn't look unstable, it looks quite well planted infact, and given Ford's traditionally good handling suspensions it may be a blast to drive. It does look a bit 'toyish' but not too bad, there is a freshness about it, and the chunkiness could appeal to some.

I like the feel of the doors, they have a solidity to them, and the interiors are much more modern, and to the kind of expectations today's car buyer will have after spending 8-10 lakhs I think.

A few things in favour of the Duster is suspension and highway manners of the 110. I have had it for around 9 months and the suspension is aweinspiring in its ability to soak up the roads, and after more than 20 trips I can confirm the car is planted and zippy at high speeds. Infact Renault gets suspension right, the Logan, Fluence all have excellent ride quality.

Another thing about the Duster and this is an intangible is it feels like an 'honest car', a survivor with no pretension, there is a kind of reliability and robustness about it, and the engineering to keep it low cost means there is no techno gadgetery that can fail. This has a certain back to basics appeal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasanthn21 (Post 3171262)
Did you check the tyre pressure?

I did not personally check. But as per the SA, they keep the pressure for full load and it seem to be 40PSI !!! :Shockked: I felt that is pretty high number.

Frankly, i am now waiting for more discounts on Other cars. Amaze single handedly made Maruti bring ads like Ready delivery on Amaze and cash discounts on Swift. Ecosport can do same for Ertiga/Duster and other sedans in this range.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules

If you already have a car insurance with bonus you may as well get the bonus transferred to the new car.Also opt for a nil-depreciation policy which allows multiple claims in an year plus hydrostatic lock and convenience coverage (all for around 24k ):thumbs up

The dealer price for rear view camara is around 12k but they are charging 25k.The box comes with two kind of brackets
1.you can make a hole with a hole saw in the centre of bumper above the number plate
2.you can fix it above the registration plate , concealed like that of the top end verna.

Hope it helps

13K margin is daylight robbery :( .Did we get any benefits if we go with the packs rather than buying separate ?
Which option for rear view camera fixing did you opt for ? With the clamp or by drilling , would like to know which one looks better . Could you please share the price for the accessories that you have installed / planned to install.
Eagerly waiting for you upload detailed images of accessories installed .

Thanks ,
Ranjith

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3171355)
If you already have a car insurance with bonus you may as well get the bonus transferred to the new car.Also opt for a nil-depreciation policy which allows multiple claims in an year plus hydrostatic lock and convenience coverage (all for 24K .

Which dealer did you buy the car from?
Which insurance? Dealers are quoting 35 K for insurance from Bajaj for titanium diesel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sridhar-v (Post 3171204)

So looks like Ford have done only a paper launch. This is also corraborated by the fact that there are no media reviews other than one in Autocar. And that looks like it has been written based on a company handout.

Actually, the Autocar review of the Ecosport AT is very negative. They complain about the lack of power a lot. So it is more like - take the company handout, and contradict everything it says!

I have driven Ford vehicles powered by 1.6 liter NA engines in the US (such as the Fiesta). These make for a majority of the rental cars there. The engine tends to hehave in a very strained manner beyond about 70 mph.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjithrnair (Post 3171400)
13K margin is daylight robbery :( .Did we get any benefits if we go with the packs rather than buying separate ?
Which option for rear view camera fixing did you opt for ? With the clamp or by drilling , would like to know which one looks better . Could you please share the price for the accessories that you have installed / planned to install.
Eagerly waiting for you upload detailed images of accessories installed .

Thanks ,
Ranjith

Dear Ranjit

1)Packs are priced a liitle lower but that is no benefit compared to the overinflated price list.I found the elite fords price list reasonable which includes the labour.I suggest we carry a print out for negotiating with our respective dealers.Looks like each dealer is trying to cash in from enthusiasts.

2)I cancelled the camara for two reasons, one being the IVRMs slot did not match the metal bracket pasted inside the windshield (original is U shaped and the accessory is V shaped) and the quality was pretty bad.

3) The clamp fitting looks more genuine OEM like, if you closely observe the Verna or Audi A6.

4) will take better pictures in daylight and upload all of them

I have done around 1300km on my ecosport, the mid shows
City....11 to 15 kmpl
Highway...20 to 24kmpl
Mixed........15 to 18 kmpl:)

Ask me anything about accessories as I am sort of an expert on ecosport accessories

I have installed

1.front bumber applique(plastic painted matt silver, looks awesome and completes the butch look)
2.Rear bumber applique
3.sport pedal covers.(manual transmission)
4.ambient light in foot well
5.Led back lit scuffplates(matches with the icy blue of dash lights , but ford supplied it for the left hand drive so there is a problem with length of wires)
6.Cross bars(top class quality)
8.tried to fix the rear camara with IRVM but the bracket of the stock IRVM fixed to the windshield did not match with that of the accessory IRVM so had to abort mission.

Still waiting for the engine guard, rear arm rest to arrive.
Wanted to fit the rear spoiler but opted out as the manual said we have to drill on the boot door , the part which is exposed to weather (outside the door rubber seal)

Will upload few pictures of my car for your reference, please excuse the quality as they were taken by my phones camara.Will upload better ones later

Hope it helps

Quote:

Originally Posted by penpavan (Post 3170993)
Don't have the booking numbers. But SA said I could be the first one to take EcoBoost delivery. (From dealership or Bangalore itself, am not sure)

Anyone can tell me what could be the city mileage for EcoBoost?

During the test drive the mid was showing 11 kmpl with normal driving and 8 kmpl when pushed hard:Frustrati

I test drove the petrol automatic during my visit to china.power delivery is linear without any lag.Power shift was also good
I agree with you about the lag in ecoboost, it is more fun to drive on the highway than in city, the diesel is better in city.

Does anybody have the price list of ecosport accessories incuding labour? will be very helpful in settling the bill amounts for bhpians.I felt the pricelist of elite ford very reasonable any other input is welcome.

I guess you are the first one on the thread to have test drove a petrol automatic, was it a 1.5 liter? how do you see driving in city and on highways? the Auto car article mentions that DSG won't down shift quick enough to do a quick overtaking on the highways?

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules

Dear Ranjit

1)Packs are priced a liitle lower but that is no benefit compared to the overinflated price list.I found the elite fords price list reasonable which includes the labour.I suggest we carry a print out for negotiating with our respective dealers.Looks like each dealer is trying to cash in from enthusiasts.

2)I cancelled the camara for two reasons, one being the IVRMs slot did not match the metal bracket pasted inside the windshield (original is U shaped and the accessory is V shaped) and the quality was pretty bad.

3) The clamp fitting looks more genuine OEM like, if you closely observe the Verna or Audi A6.

Tempted and sad to say the least , this kind of consumer exploitation will happen only in INDIA ! :(

Regards,
Ranjith

Yesterday we booked our Ecoboost, Titanium (O) in Panther Black from PVS Ford, Kannur. Delivery time is 90-150 days. 97 bookings so far from PVS out of which 7 are Ecoboosts. 0 Dep insurance option is available from Reliance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3171355)

Which Yokohoma tires did you upgrade to ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3171429)

Dear Ranjit

Hey very curious to know how the rear arm rest is going to be placed, will it be a removable one?
Waiting for the pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blurust (Post 3170494)

My Questions

1) The avg fuel consumption on the ecoboost, according to the MID was hovering between 6.7kmpl - 9 kmpl, which I thought was the car's way of saying, that you are consuming one litre of petrol per 6.7 to 9 kms. But i was surprised to see the avg fuel consumption on the diesel variant in the range of 10.8 - 11.5 kmpl. What am i missing ? Shouldn't it be more maybe like 14 - 15 kmpl

I'm sure you saw it on a test vehicle. A lot many times sales executives start explaining the customers car features when the vehicle is idle with ac on. So you cant judge mileage from a test driven vehicle. :D Wait for Yours. Im sure it`ll be very capable of doing 15-17 kmpl in normal city traffic.:)