Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-164.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivasuma (Post 3174155)
I had booked a titanium Diesel Ecosport last week. I got a very good offer on the Rapid and hence I will be heading to Metro Ford tomorrow to cancel my booking. I am actually very happy that I am cancelling the Ecosport (never was in favor of booking it because of the waiting period, booked it because wife wanted it). I will try to get the entire amount refunded. Ford has lost one customer because of the waiting period.

Nothing against ford. Isn't this what maruti was doing us for years with six month waiting on their cars

I am glad now we have more options. So with every hit and miss more manufacturers will realize what we Indians appreciate and what not. And we surely love global models

Congratulations on rapid. Amazing power and European build.

As suspected, modifications have already begun. Here is 17 inches of it clap:

Don't have much information on it, but its worth sharing with you guys :)

Note from Support - Only 2 smileys allowed per post. Extra smileys have been deleted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zteg (Post 3171159)
This 9.8% may not be valid for 5 years or 7 years. 3348 per lac will be a huge amount for most of us. Any idea about sbi?

SBI - 10.49% , processing fee - Rs.500/-Flat.

Pre-payment penalty - nil.

Part payment - allowed.

Loan got approved in a single day :thumbs up

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by anumod (Post 3174173)
I just verified with Fortune Ford, they are going to do the first delivery of EcoBoost tomorrow.

And that should be mine then. But I quite remember seeing them prep a Mars Red ecoboost for delivery last Saturday.

Either ways, I strongly believe Ford dealers have been over-stating the wait times either in an attempt to survive the onslaught of inquiries from all those who're awaiting allocation, or to artificially inflate the perceived demand for the car. I'm confident they'll fulfill their current backlog comfortably before end of September. I don't think those 9-12 month waiting periods are realistic - they're heavily exaggerated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rameshdude (Post 3174027)
Friends,

Anyone who has test driven ecoboost and also has driven Jazz, what is your opinion when comparing both. This is primarily for city driving. I would like your opinion with regard to drivability, comfort and suspension. I have a 4 years old Jazz, done only 20k kms.
Thanks in advance
Ramesh

Dear Ramesh

I have driven the Jazz both in India(1.2 litre) Thailand, China (1.5liter)
IMO the jazz is a fantastic car but feels underpowered even to regular people who are not car enthusiasts, in contrast the 1.5 litre which powers the city is fantastic and fun to drive.
IMO these two cars belong to different segments.

Ecosport has a better driving height and ground clearance which is a big plus both in city and highway.

Drivability:IMO jazz wins here.

Suspension:ecosport is definitely better IMO.

Comfort:ecosport is better

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_ajay (Post 3174115)
Hi EcoSport rules,

Congrats on your vehicle. Could I request you to post the photos of some accessories, that aren't clear now, by taking them on a better camera? I saw you mentioned the digital cam's pictures are bigger in size. You can compress/re-size them using a simple tool such as Picasa, etc.. Cheers. :)

Sure will do that

Quote:

Originally Posted by anumod (Post 3174173)
I was saying that Mody ford might have delivered their allotted test drive car to customer as they have the discovery car for test drive.

I just verified with Fortune Ford, they are going to do the first delivery of EcoBoost tomorrow. They got the test drive vehicle as well and they are using it now. They have currently two cars ready for delivery. One is titanium and another is optional. (So seems like initially I got a stale info)

I think saisrujan is getting the delivery tomorrow:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by saisrujan (Post 3174327)
And that should be mine then. But I quite remember seeing them prep a Mars Red ecoboost for delivery last Saturday.

Either ways, I strongly believe Ford dealers have been over-stating the wait times either in an attempt to survive the onslaught of inquiries from all those who're awaiting allocation, or to artificially inflate the perceived demand for the car. I'm confident they'll fulfill their current backlog comfortably before end of September. I don't think those 9-12 month waiting periods are realistic - they're heavily exaggerated.

Congrats mate,
So today is the big day.I will be at 3M car detailing ,hitech city, ayappa society 100 feet road .Going to get paint protection and under body anti corrosion treatment done.You can come there after your car is delivered and you can check out the Yokos

Quote:

Originally Posted by revv_maniac (Post 3174310)
SBI - 10.49% , processing fee - Rs.500/-Flat.

Pre-payment penalty - nil.

Part payment - allowed.

Loan got approved in a single day :thumbs up

Cheers

Congrats on the amazing dealclap:
Mine was:
10.25%
No part payment
No penalty only after two years of payment.
Loan approval 2 days

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynnusolak (Post 3174282)
As suspected, modifications have already begun:D
Here is 17 inches of it clap:

Thanks for sharing the pictures, this is the first after market modification I saw till date:thumbs up

1) he has painted silver colour instead of buying the appliques,both front and back (saved around 12k)

2) the second picture surprisingly doesnt have the black paint/sticker on roof top and around the spoilers brake light, but it is there in all other pictures.(picture may have been taken at different time intervals)

3) can you share the tyre specification with us?

4) is the roof top painted or stickered in black, I just love it (it seems to be same as the Mercedes gloss on the roof)

Dear friends I have a concern about how to go about stickering the rooftop around the front antenna? It it easily removable ? Please update me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3174332)
Sure will do that

Thanks for posting the pictures. The ambient light is now easier to look at. I assume the ambient light and the illuminated scuff plates are wired to light up only when the front/rear doors are opened, is this right?

Did you get the 'rear spoiler with stop lamp' as an accessory or is a standard fitment on the Titanium and/or Titanium+ Option variants? Appreciate your help.

Silver is subtle, no doubt but lovely looking vehicle. Those cross-bars also look sturdy.

Also, seeing how D-I-Y oriented you are, I am expecting you would be one of the first to find how to retro-fit the DRL light. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynnusolak (Post 3174282)
As suspected, modifications have already begun:D
Here is 17 inches of it clap:

I do not understand the point in "modifying" the already good-looking ecosport. The bonnet guard looks horrible. The stock alloys are already good-looking, and the new ones does not look one bit better than the stock alloys. And the 17 inchers are going to break his back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rameshdude (Post 3174027)
Friends,

Anyone who has test driven ecoboost and also has driven Jazz, what is your opinion when comparing both. This is primarily for city driving. I would like your opinion with regard to drivability, comfort and suspension. I have a 4 years old Jazz, done only 20k kms.
Thanks in advance
Ramesh

I own a Jazz and I've driven the EcoSport EcoBoost too. My views:

Drivability:

- The Jazz lacks bottom end grunt like no other car I've driven. Below 3k RPM, it's very poor. You need to wring the motor properly to extract any kind of performance. This makes it not very city-friendly. Once you take the revs past 3k, it moves briskly. But by then, you'd have caught up with traffic. Drivability isn't great if I'm honest.

- The EcoSport's 1-liter 3-potter is not too bad. Exercise your right foot a little and you do feel the power. Yes, it suffers from the lack of bottom-end grunt too, but once you get the motor spinning beyond 2k RPM, it's pretty quick. The power / torque delivery is linear too. It's not pin-you-into-the-seat quick. You'd mistake it for a naturally aspirated motor because you don't really feel the 'kick' of the turbo. This, I believe, works in its favour with regard to drivability.

Comfort:

- The Jazz is comfortable when pottering around town. But the seats (front / back) lack the support you'd want for longer drives. They are hard and not angled well, IMO. For instance, the seat bottoms (f / r) are very short and are parallel to the floor. So they feel like chairs rather than seats. Space is decent. Plenty of shoulder room but taller passengers at the back would find that knee room isn't as great as they'd want it to be. It 'looks' like there's a lot of space, but two six footers would struggle to sit one behind the other. I sit pretty close to the wheel despite my 6-foot frame, but sitting behind the driver's seat (adjusted for my position) is tight.

- The biggest problem with the EcoSport is the lack of shoulder room. But knee room all round is very good. Two six-footers shouldn't have a problem sitting one behind the other. The seats are firm but reasonably supportive. You sink into the front seats unlike in the Jazz. But the Jazz has a very airy cabin owing to its large glass-house. The EcoSport on the other hand, can make its passengers feel claustrophobic.

Suspension:

- I've driven the Jazz over a variety of road surfaces and the suspension is strictly average. It feels under-damped and slightly over-sprung. Thuds creep into the cabin all the time and the passengers are constantly aware of the road surface. Low speed ride is average. High speed ride too is average. It isn't compliant and you do feel like you're being thrown around in the cabin. It isn't composed over undulations and can feel a bit skittish.

- The EcoSport's ride is great for a Ford. At low speeds, it does feel well damped but you can't get away from its inherent stiffness. High speed ride (got it up to 80 very briefly) is good. The suspension is compliant and it feels pretty composed over rough surfaces and undulations. Again, you do feel its stiffness but it is planted.

Hope this helps. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadu (Post 3174050)
Well said, there is no need for desperation especially when YOU are paying the money.

True! This hustling by the dealer "Sir, book today only. Because, if you book tomorrow, God knows how much longer the wait list will become..." is unpleasant.
We are in a fiercely competitive market e.g. all models of Duster are ready delivery in Delhi.

Congratulations to those who have already received their ecosport. Eagerly waiting for the ownership reviews.
Has anyone taken delivery from Elite ford? please:I pre-booked mine - Tit(o) Mars red - on 14th June @ Elite ford, but still no signs of delivery yet. I get the usual answers from my SA - 3 months is what we promised. :deadhorse

Price of accessories from Lathangi Ford (Bangalore) available at http://www.lathangiford.com/accessories.htm

^^ Though in general accessories sold through dealerships are expensive I felt the prices mentioned in list above are bit too steep.
Bull Bar: Rs: 44000
Navigation Kit :Rs: 118000 !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 3174207)
Nothing against ford. Isn't this what maruti was doing us for years with six month waiting on their cars

I am glad now we have more options. So with every hit and miss more manufacturers will realize what we Indians appreciate and what not. And we surely love global models

Congratulations on rapid. Amazing power and European build.

Thank you. That's one of the reasons why I never bought a swift when everyone around me was going crazy over it and willing to wait 6 months. Anyways I am heading to Metro Ford now and hope they take it in the right sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpksuhas (Post 3174848)
^^ Though in general accessories sold through dealerships are expensive I felt the prices mentioned in list above are bit too steep.
Bull Bar: Rs: 44000
Navigation Kit :Rs: 118000 !!

By default, it shows the Endeavour's accessories, use the dropdown to choose the EcoSport.

But yes, the bull bar is rather pricey, given what I've seen on other Endeavours. The navigation kit might be that price if it includes the full blown integration (like what the top-end Endeavours come with).