Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-162.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shashank.nk (Post 3173225)

Quoting ACI figures here for 40-100 in 4th gear:

Ecosport 1.5D-17.17 secs
Duster 85hp-15.07 secs

0-100 is a different story though:

Ecosport-13.72 secs
Duster-15.39 secs

Taller gearing the culprit then ?

Now this is ridiculous. I remember 13 odd secs for Duster 85 to reach 100 as per ACI in its roadtest. Now what happened ?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport (Post 3173194)
You sure about that? Penpavan was offered an ecoboost for delivery. Would that be a demo vehicle?

BTW, my patience is fast running out. Am going to wait a few more days for my AT and still if there are no signs, am going to shift to the diesel. But somehow the TCS and ESC are too tempting to overlook.

Not sure about that, when I was discussing with some one from the director board of multiple ford showrooms in HYD, he said that first lot EcoBoost will get billed only next week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anilkumar (Post 3173199)
from the above attachment i don't think it has changed much may be taxes have been added

From 15k to 25k for the reverse camera. 10k in taxes??

Agree that to some of the accessories, labour and taxes have been added.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3173230)
Congratulations:)

Could you please clarify if the prices above mentioned are inclusive of labour and taxes?
Also can you attach latest pricelist copy of all ecosport accessories including labour and taxes, I am asking you because I found Elite Ford's prices to be most reasonable and it will benefit all members who want to negotiate prices with their respective dealers.

Thanks Ecosport.

The prices are inclusive of taxes and labour. I will post it in the evening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3171355)
4.ambient light in foot well

Ecosport, can you please post a picture with thea ambient light on. Is this similar to the theme lighting in XUV5OO.? Is it too bling bling?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anumod (Post 3173305)
Not sure about that, when I was discussing with some one from the director board of multiple ford showrooms in HYD, he said that first lot EcoBoost will get billed only next week.

Not true. I personally saw an ecoboost being delivered last weekend at Tolichowki. And if all goes well, I'll take home mine tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbokick (Post 3173242)
Now this is ridiculous. I remember 13 odd secs for Duster 85 to reach 100 as per ACI in its roadtest. Now what happened ?!

It was 14.5 secs when they had initially reviewed the Duster. But Autocar India always quotes what they achieved in the latest comparison when both cars are driven in the same condition rather than previous tests done individually. I have seen even the fiesta numbers differ for exactly the same reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dry Ice (Post 3172765)
Just a random thought, can the 1.5D be 'chipped' for power/torque gains? :D

According to a friend who is also a franchisee for Pete's in Ahmedabad; Pete's don't have tuning box for 1.5 D but they DO perform chip remaps. He recently had a Fiesta 1.5 D for remap. once It's in place he'll give me data, feed back.:)

I just realized that the Trend Diesel that I have booked does not come with Roof Rails. I think the Car would look extremely hatchbacky without the rails. What is the general opinion on this? Is roof rails part of the accessories and if so how much would this cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sup? (Post 3173454)
I just realized that the Trend Diesel that I have booked does not come with Roof Rails. I think the Car would look extremely hatchbacky without the rails. What is the general opinion on this? Is roof rails part of the accessories and if so how much would this cost?

Th roof rail is a part of accessories and it cost 10.5k all inclusive. I will put the pricelist in the evening.

Does the 1.5 Petrol Manual engine come with an engine guard or not? Anybody has an idea? What would be some recommended/essential accessories for the same? I was thinking of the following:

1. Engine guard if not available as standard.
2. Rear View Camera.
3. Roof Rails

Anything else that is worth the dough?

I got a call from Lathangi Ford JP Nagar asking me when I plan to book the car. This was a surprise. When I did the test drive 10 days back, I had a feeling the dealer is just going to act aloof and will not be bothered to check back on potential customers.

But I told the lady politely that I am not interested to book if the waiting period is 6 months. She was like - 'Sir if you book now waiting period is 6 months and if u book later it will take even longer'. I said - 'Not a problem. If I need a car I need it now - not 6 months later. And not ready to put down 50k with them for nothing'.

She said will call back once the waiting period comes down and I said definitely. I think by March 2014, the waiting periods will be in weeks rather than months. And by then we will have more info on the Hyundai SUV as well. Let us see, what happens.

I love the Ecosport but this is currently a monopoly enterprise. Let the competition catch up. I will wait.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naetik30 (Post 3173515)
I got a call from Lathangi Ford JP Nagar asking me when I plan to book the car. This was a surprise. When I did the test drive 10 days back, I had a feeling the dealer is just going to act aloof and will not be bothered to check back on potential customers.

But I told the lady politely that I am not interested to book if the waiting period is 6 months. She was like - 'Sir if you book now waiting period is 6 months and if u book later it will take even longer'. I said - 'Not a problem. If I need a car I need it now - not 6 months later. And not ready to put down 50k with them for nothing'.

She said will call back once the waiting period comes down and I said definitely. I think by March 2014, the waiting periods will be in weeks rather than months. And by then we will have more info on the Hyundai SUV as well. Let us see, what happens.

I love the Ecosport but this is currently a monopoly enterprise. Let the competition catch up. I will wait.

Wise descision my friend,in 6 months a lot can change,many new models can be pushed in the markets by other brands as well,unless you truly need the ecosport then its worth the wait,even i didnt book the car as 6 months is a long wait,who knows in 6 months Ford might launch the updated new faclift fiesta which is quite a looker and has the best handling,and learning from its previous failure on the pricing Ford will definitely price it under 10 lakhs for top end diesel titanium,and it will be a steal to buy the updated Fiesta

Quote:

Originally Posted by anumod (Post 3173305)

Dear Anumod

As Saisrujan has rightly said both Fortune ford and Mody ford have delivered ecoboost.I saw atleast three of them around

Quote:

Originally Posted by zteg (Post 3173358)
Ecosport, can you please post a picture with thea ambient light on. Is this similar to the theme lighting in XUV5OO.? Is it too bling bling?

Haha! Its not at all flashy, infact it is very subtle, muted and classy and nicely highlights the sporty pedals.I'll upload picture for your reference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3173584)
Haha! Its not at all flashy, infact it is very subtle, muted and classy and nicely highlights the sporty pedals.I'll upload picture for your reference.

I cant see the light at all :D. Is it on through out? Does it add any value?

The dealer said the intensity can be controlled. Is it true?

Do you suggest I go for them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zteg (Post 3173596)
I cant see the light at all :D. Is it on through out? Does it add any value?

The dealer said the intensity can be controlled. Is it true?

Do you suggest I go for them.

I am sorry for really bad picture taken by my blackberry.I have a better picture from my digital camera but I am getting an error saying file size is very big.

The light is throughout and even, adds lot of value especially if you opt for the sporty pedals too.You cannot control intensity.
And I am sure you will love them.:)

News from dealers is that in AP state they have got about 600 bookings. Likely 500 in Hyderabad and 100 in Vizag . Assuming there are 15 such big buying states, that would be 9000 units. The big cities like mumbai, bangalore, NCR, may add an extra 5000.
Another 15 smaller states may add 5000.

So about 20000 bookings so far. That would be about 3 months.

Someone working near the factory should be able to get some info from the guys at the gate.