Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-611.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrapunto (Post 3767845)
Thanks. Your honest feedback, from time to time, have been very helpful. I think I have made an acceptable compromise to suit my needs and wants. This one is just for my wife's (and occasionally my) drive. We have a "kill-it-with-a-driver" Ertiga ZDI. We don't have a driver anymore since the last one left to join the "Uber rush"- and with the AT, I think we will make do without one unless absolutely needed.

An ownership thread is shaping up :-)

I am sure your wife will enjoy driving this. My daughter zips around town happily in my car during weekends.
Look forward to your ownership thread. I have been too lazy to compile one hence my frequent posts on this official theead.:D

Took a TD of the Ecosport AT this Saturday at Talera Ford and also checked out the Aspire on display (more on that later).
Came back impressed with the Ecosport. The build quality is better than the VWs IMO. The interior space is adequate for us including at the back. The ride and handling was also very predictable and to my taste. The car is meant primarily for my wife with me driving it occasionally.

Only point that I am bit unclear about is the timing of the facelift. Last I read on the forum, its due first half of 2016. Could it be that ford pre-empts to end of the year. If that is the case, it would be better to wait and go for the facelift which should have a refreshed look, a better centre console (maybe touch) and few more goodies like projectors. The sales staff of course said they have no clue about the facelift and that it is not expected any time soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashua (Post 3769221)
Took a TD of the Ecosport AT this Saturday at Talera Ford and also checked out the Aspire on display (more on that later).
Came back impressed with the Ecosport. The build quality is better than the VWs IMO. The interior space is adequate for us including at the back. The ride and handling was also very predictable and to my taste. The car is meant primarily for my wife with me driving it occasionally.

Only point that I am bit unclear about is the timing of the facelift. Last I read on the forum, its due first half of 2016. Could it be that ford pre-empts to end of the year. If that is the case, it would be better to wait and go for the facelift which should have a refreshed look, a better centre console (maybe touch) and few more goodies like projectors. The sales staff of course said they have no clue about the facelift and that it is not expected any time soon.

Since you are going for 1.5 AT, there wont be any mechanical changes in the 2016 version unlike Diesel. I don't expect them to put in a touch screen as well. I would recommend to go for current version as you can claim some freebies and discounts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrapunto (Post 3767845)
No diesel AT yet. I bought the Titanium Petrol AT
An ownership thread is shaping up :-)

Congratulations Contrapunto on the new vehicle...clap:

Dont mean to question your decision but as I have not followed your requirements thus far, could you not have waited for S-Cross? Or was this decision since you were in need of an AT only and S-Cross does not offer one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashua (Post 3769221)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 3770206)
Since you are going for 1.5 AT, there wont be any mechanical changes in the 2016 version unlike Diesel. I don't expect them to put in a touch screen as well. I would recommend to go for current version as you can claim some freebies and discounts.

To wait or not is your call but expected changes do include "Mechanical ones" like in the Suspension and that should be an improvement over the current one which is a bit harsh on rough roads.

The Good bit as implied by PrideRed earlier is that the AT engine and Gearbox are expected to remain the same unlike in the case of the Diesel where a 10Bhp bump is expected.

The Centre console is good enough as it is though an improvement is always good. The Front face grill will also change to the new pattern similar to that seen on the New endy.

But overall the changes are least for the AT is seems. Who knows though they may introduce a Titanium (o) model encouraged by the Creta pricing and the ability of the market to absorb a higher price point.

How soon they bring this into the market will actually depend on the S Cross pricing, if they are not too impacted like by the Creta then they may delay the introduction of the new model for longer and if the S Cross pricing is very aggressive then feeling the heat the new model may come in earlier. We know it is ready with them but how soon they introduce it will obviously be decided by market conditions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OwnersPride (Post 3770237)
Congratulations Contrapunto on the new vehicle...clap:

Dont mean to question your decision but as I have not followed your requirements thus far, could you not have waited for S-Cross? Or was this decision since you were in need of an AT only and S-Cross does not offer one?

That is correct. Also, I was looking for something with modern safety features (2+ airbags, ESP etc) which is not available in S Cross.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrapunto (Post 3770832)
That is correct. Also, I was looking for something with modern safety features (2+ airbags, ESP etc) which is not available in S Cross.

Congrats for your purchase clap:
I guess Ford will be rejoicing as the price of S Cross is way beyond expectation.

Should we expect Ford to stop their discounts on offer and increase the price of Ecosport.

I've always viewed cars as a thing, not a person. Sacrilegious to say that on this forum, I know.

However, after seeing the Creta and S-Cross pricing, I just might give my EcoSport a hug when I reach home tonight :)

I'm sure we can expect Ford to look to some price correction when they launch the facelift. Although I'm sure they'll be in no hurry to launch the facelift now, since they'll have their hands full with the Figo Aspire, and potentially the new Figo hatchback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunphilip (Post 3771084)
I've always viewed cars as a thing, not a person. Sacrilegious to say that on this forum, I know.

However, after seeing the Creta and S-Cross pricing, I just might give my EcoSport a hug when I reach home tonight :)

I can very well vibe with your sentiments.:) Many of the boxes ticked (esp on the safety front) and priced not too badly (despite a few upward revisions since launch). And now it appears that the AT variant is more readily available. Let's hope they don't cut back on kit though.

Can the petrol Ecosport users advise on the average fuel economy that you are achieving? For both 1.5 MT and the 1.0 Ecoboost engines?
Also, is there no Titanium (O) version for the 1.5 MT?

Thanks.

Quote:

Hahaha. what a coincidence. I just felt the same thing after seeing the S-cross pricing.

I might have actually thought hard about the S-cross if it was 14-15L on road for the Alpha DDiS320. But after seeing the pricing of the 1.6L engine, it made me realise what a VFM package and well rounded car the Ecosport is. I paid 11.5L on road for the diesel Titanium (O) with 6 airbags and leather which now sounds like a steal!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3771119)
Hahaha. what a coincidence. I just felt the same thing after seeing the S-cross pricing.

I might have actually thought hard about the S-cross if it was 14-15L on road for the Alpha DDiS320. But after seeing the pricing of the 1.6L engine, it made me realise what a VFM package and well rounded car the Ecosport is. I paid 11.5L on road for the diesel Titanium (O) with 6 airbags and leather which now sounds like a steal!

Yep and In Mumbai I paid about 11 OTR for the 6 Speed DSG type tiptronic AT again with 6 Airbags + ESP & TC and then paid 50K for Genuine Leather outside to end up with the same 11.50.

Yes am sure all EcoSport owners are patting themselves on the back, clap: and if any sold their vehicles recently in anticipation of the S Cross or Creta they are probably banging their heads on the wall. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by OwnersPride (Post 3771117)
is there no Titanium (O) version for the 1.5 MT?

Thanks.

Having checked the Ford India website and brochure there is no Titanium (O) version currently. I used to have an old version of the Ecosport brochure (pdf version which I have now deleted) and even in that, I do not recall a 1.5 MT Titanium (O).

The top end spec was always reserved for the Diesel and Ecoboost versions. I myself would love a 1.5 AT Titianium (O), but that spec doesn't currently exist.
I am happy to be corrected by an owner.

I plan to book a AT in the next couple of weeks. What are the freebies I can expect from Ford here in Bangalore. I am not good at bargaining, and my wife bargains too much(embarrassing at times):eek:.

I think I will go for reverse camera as a addition, But the sales guy says its 18k and if i take with some map/navigation stuff then its 16k(yes its less).
Can somebody please guide me on this.

Regards

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3771119)

:D

With the facelift I wish Ford would introduce a Titanium (O) AT (1.5 P/D and Ecoboost). Should do well in today's market with competitors offering a little more space for a lot more money!