Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-605.html)

Another happy GoodYear Assurance customer here. Car came with MRF which I changed to GoodYears. One puncture so far from a nail. After 16K tread depths stands at 5.7mm (front) and 6.4mm (back). Assuming it started at 8mm, and I will change it at 3mm, it should go another 24K. That's 40K total which is relatively on the high side for grippy tyres.

Today, my engine wouldn't crank and an 'ABS or Brake Malfunction' error was shown in the MID. Ford RSA sent over an Exide battery technician who jump started the car using an external battery. I have always noticed that the battery & oil warning lamps remain lit for a few seconds after ignition. Is this normal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemant.kamat (Post 3745603)
Today, my engine wouldn't crank and an 'ABS or Brake Malfunction' error was shown in the MID. Ford RSA sent over an Exide battery technician who jump started the car using an external battery. I have always noticed that the battery & oil warning lamps remain lit for a few seconds after ignition. Is this normal?

Was Park light or Audio or Lights inside on overnight? If yes, I am not surprised that your battery got drained completely. As I remember the Airbag light glows for sometime after start, don't remember or had not noticed battery and oil warning lamps glowing after start.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 3746047)
Was Park light or Audio or Lights inside on overnight? If yes, I am not surprised that your battery got drained completely. As I remember the Airbag light glows for sometime after start, don't remember or had not noticed battery and oil warning lamps glowing after start.

I'm pretty sure none of the lights remained switched on overnight since I switch off the garage light each night, plunging the whole area into darkness. Any lights remaining on would have been immediately noticed by me.
After I turn the key in the ignition, before cranking the engine, all other lamps (including airbag) switch off after a few seconds, except for oil, battery & malfunction indicator lamp (yellow, to the left of battery.) These 3 lamps switch off a few seconds AFTER the engine is started.

Hello everyone , I need some help here. Today while parking my Ecosport in the cellar , the side of the car got heavily scratched. :Frustrati I don't know how i missed this pillar. I have got some doubts & hope you all will help me out here. Should i use the insurance to get this serviced ? If not does any of you have a rough idea how much the service , repainting of this would cost me at ford ?

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heis3nberg (Post 3746541)
Should i use the insurance to get this serviced ? If not does any of you have a rough idea how much the service , repainting of this would cost me at ford ?

I wouldn't advise you to go for insurance. Get it repainted at FASS.

Are they scratches or has the door gone inside? I can see that the scratches are majorly on the rear door as compared to the front ones.

Would be costing you 5-7K for repainting and I'd suggest you to get the two doors repainted.

Quote:

Hello everyone , I need some help here. Today while parking my Ecosport in the cellar , the side of the car got heavily scratched. :Frustrati I don't know how i missed this pillar. I have got some doubts & hope you all will help me out here. Should i use the insurance to get this serviced ? If not does any of you have a rough idea how much the service , repainting of this would cost me at ford ?

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3746560)

Are they scratches or has the door gone inside? I can see that the scratches are majorly on the rear door as compared to the front ones.

Would be costing you 5-7K for repainting and I'd suggest you to get the two doors repainted.

Both doors would need repainting which would easily be upwards of 10K. Moreover since your car is probably 1 year old, it makes more sense to go for insurance. What's the point in not using insurance since you would have paid 40K for it in first place if you have the zero dep.

For the first year you will lose NCB but no need to worry about that.

Not using insurance makes sense only if you have the 50% NCB. Else you should opt for insurance eyes closed. No point in paying the premium every year and then not using it to save a few bucks when renewing the next year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3746560)

The scratches are on both the doors , primarily on the rear door. No the door hasn't gone inside , thankfully.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3746565)
Both doors would need repainting which would easily be upwards of 10K. Moreover since your car is probably 1 year old, it makes more sense to go for insurance. What's the point in not using insurance since you would have paid 40K for it in first place if you have the zero dep.

For the first year you will lose NCB but no need to worry about that.

Not using insurance makes sense only if you have the 50% NCB. Else you should opt for insurance eyes closed. No point in paying the premium every year and then not using it to save a few bucks when renewing the next year.

Thanks Vid for a detailed explaination. That sorts out my confusion. Will get it done tomorrow and post an update. Thanks guys! :thumbs up

Quote:

Thanks.

The damage seem to be on both doors and would need painting the entire section.The Plastic cladding might also need repair or replacement. Minimum of 5K per door and cost of repairing cladding. I guess it should be somewhere around 10-15K in Ford authorised centres. It might workout cheaper by 3-5K if done outside.
If you have zero NCB, go for insurance with your eyes shut. If you have anything beyond 40%, better to avoid claiming insurance. If you know of any good paint station outside Ford, it would be good to get quotations,compare and then decide on insurance.

Got the front grille changed to the one with Ford written on it. Got FORD wrapped to lagoon blue color to match my cars body wrap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 3747093)
The damage seem to be on both doors and would need painting the entire section.The Plastic cladding might also need repair or replacement. Minimum of 5K per door and cost of repairing cladding. I guess it should be somewhere around 10-15K in Ford authorised centres. It might workout cheaper by 3-5K if done outside.
If you have zero NCB, go for insurance with your eyes shut. If you have anything beyond 40%, better to avoid claiming insurance. If you know of any good paint station outside Ford, it would be good to get quotations,compare and then decide on insurance.

There is a small dent as well which I didn't happen to see last night. Ford has given me rough estimate of 13k. Have gone with the insurance , should get it done in a couple of days time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhavukjain (Post 3747413)
Got the front grille changed to the one with Ford written on it. Got FORD wrapped to lagoon blue color to match my cars body wrap.

Do you mind sharing the cost of the wrap and the grill ? Also more pics of the wrapped car please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heis3nberg (Post 3747415)
There is a small dent as well which I didn't happen to see last night. Ford has given me rough estimate of 13k. Have gone with the insurance , should get it done in a couple of days time.

I know how it feels bro. Dont worry they will fix it as if nothings happened :)

Hello. I have already uploaded the pics of the wrapped car on the forum.

Finally, the beast joins the beauty on her first birthday:D

A couple of queries,
1. Has anyone used kagu mats? the original 3D ones? Are they really worth the exorbitant price? Also where can I get them in NCR? Any other alternative?
2. How is the OEM camera accessory? The dealer is charging ~18k for the same.
3. The lights, I feel they are a bit inadequate. What options do I have here?
Regards,
Shreyak

Quote:

Originally Posted by shreyak_ss (Post 3748371)
1. Has anyone used kagu mats? ... Any other alternative?

I'm not commenting about Kagu/3D mats as I've no experience with them, but here's one alternative: I use 3M Nomad mats, available at any 3M store in cities. Cost is about 6k, for the 5 seating positions (i.e. not for the boot). Pricey, but very effective (ask them to show you a demo).

Quote:

2. How is the OEM camera accessory? The dealer is charging ~18k for the same.

My dad and I both considered this for our respective EcoSports, but ruled it out. The parking sensors are very accurate and good, combined with the mirrors. If you prefer the added confidence of a parking camera, then consider other accessory shops also, since the common opinion is that the official accessory is highly priced.

Quote:

3. The lights, I feel they are a bit inadequate. What options do I have here?

Check previous threads, for lengthy discussions on this point. In brief, your options are:
  1. Fit a wiring relay to put in 100/90 W bulbs (might void electrical warranty, and is illegal to fit bulbs higher than 60/55 W).
  2. Fit in Philips Xtreme Vision or Osram Night Breaker bulbs. These are 60/55 W, but are brighter. Drawbacks are that these are pricey (1.5 - 2k for a pair, and are supposed to have a shorter lifespan of roughly 25%).
  3. HIDs - look at naveen.raju's ownership thread. HIDs are pricey, but look very good, and gives you a unique look.

Congratulations on the car! Let us know what you finally decide on, with respect to your above questions.