Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2015, 08:55   #9061
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Another happy GoodYear Assurance customer here. Car came with MRF which I changed to GoodYears. One puncture so far from a nail. After 16K tread depths stands at 5.7mm (front) and 6.4mm (back). Assuming it started at 8mm, and I will change it at 3mm, it should go another 24K. That's 40K total which is relatively on the high side for grippy tyres.
civic-sense is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 22:47   #9062
BHPian

Today, my engine wouldn't crank and an 'ABS or Brake Malfunction' error was shown in the MID. Ford RSA sent over an Exide battery technician who jump started the car using an external battery. I have always noticed that the battery & oil warning lamps remain lit for a few seconds after ignition. Is this normal?
Old 4th July 2015, 17:59   #9063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Today, my engine wouldn't crank and an 'ABS or Brake Malfunction' error was shown in the MID. Ford RSA sent over an Exide battery technician who jump started the car using an external battery. I have always noticed that the battery & oil warning lamps remain lit for a few seconds after ignition. Is this normal?
Was Park light or Audio or Lights inside on overnight? If yes, I am not surprised that your battery got drained completely. As I remember the Airbag light glows for sometime after start, don't remember or had not noticed battery and oil warning lamps glowing after start.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 18:46   #9064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Was Park light or Audio or Lights inside on overnight? If yes, I am not surprised that your battery got drained completely. As I remember the Airbag light glows for sometime after start, don't remember or had not noticed battery and oil warning lamps glowing after start.
I'm pretty sure none of the lights remained switched on overnight since I switch off the garage light each night, plunging the whole area into darkness. Any lights remaining on would have been immediately noticed by me.
After I turn the key in the ignition, before cranking the engine, all other lamps (including airbag) switch off after a few seconds, except for oil, battery & malfunction indicator lamp (yellow, to the left of battery.) These 3 lamps switch off a few seconds AFTER the engine is started.

Last edited by hemant.kamat : 4th July 2015 at 18:48.
Old 5th July 2015, 21:12   #9065

Hello everyone , I need some help here. Today while parking my Ecosport in the cellar , the side of the car got heavily scratched. I don't know how i missed this pillar. I have got some doubts & hope you all will help me out here. Should i use the insurance to get this serviced ? If not does any of you have a rough idea how much the service , repainting of this would cost me at ford ?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20150705_193202.jpg  

Old 5th July 2015, 21:54   #9066
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heis3nberg View Post
Should i use the insurance to get this serviced ? If not does any of you have a rough idea how much the service , repainting of this would cost me at ford ?
I wouldn't advise you to go for insurance. Get it repainted at FASS.

Are they scratches or has the door gone inside? I can see that the scratches are majorly on the rear door as compared to the front ones.

Would be costing you 5-7K for repainting and I'd suggest you to get the two doors repainted.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 22:01   #9067
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hello everyone , I need some help here. Today while parking my Ecosport in the cellar , the side of the car got heavily scratched. I don't know how i missed this pillar. I have got some doubts & hope you all will help me out here. Should i use the insurance to get this serviced ? If not does any of you have a rough idea how much the service , repainting of this would cost me at ford ?

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Are they scratches or has the door gone inside? I can see that the scratches are majorly on the rear door as compared to the front ones.

Would be costing you 5-7K for repainting and I'd suggest you to get the two doors repainted.
Both doors would need repainting which would easily be upwards of 10K. Moreover since your car is probably 1 year old, it makes more sense to go for insurance. What's the point in not using insurance since you would have paid 40K for it in first place if you have the zero dep.

For the first year you will lose NCB but no need to worry about that.

Not using insurance makes sense only if you have the 50% NCB. Else you should opt for insurance eyes closed. No point in paying the premium every year and then not using it to save a few bucks when renewing the next year.
Vid6639 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 00:48   #9068

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

The scratches are on both the doors , primarily on the rear door. No the door hasn't gone inside , thankfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Both doors would need repainting which would easily be upwards of 10K. Moreover since your car is probably 1 year old, it makes more sense to go for insurance. What's the point in not using insurance since you would have paid 40K for it in first place if you have the zero dep.

For the first year you will lose NCB but no need to worry about that.

Not using insurance makes sense only if you have the 50% NCB. Else you should opt for insurance eyes closed. No point in paying the premium every year and then not using it to save a few bucks when renewing the next year.
Thanks Vid for a detailed explaination. That sorts out my confusion. Will get it done tomorrow and post an update. Thanks guys!
Old 6th July 2015, 16:01   #9069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.
The damage seem to be on both doors and would need painting the entire section.The Plastic cladding might also need repair or replacement. Minimum of 5K per door and cost of repairing cladding. I guess it should be somewhere around 10-15K in Ford authorised centres. It might workout cheaper by 3-5K if done outside.
If you have zero NCB, go for insurance with your eyes shut. If you have anything beyond 40%, better to avoid claiming insurance. If you know of any good paint station outside Ford, it would be good to get quotations,compare and then decide on insurance.
Old 7th July 2015, 02:01   #9070
BHPian

Got the front grille changed to the one with Ford written on it. Got FORD wrapped to lagoon blue color to match my cars body wrap.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_6260.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_6261.jpg  

bhavukjain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 02:15   #9071

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
The damage seem to be on both doors and would need painting the entire section.The Plastic cladding might also need repair or replacement. Minimum of 5K per door and cost of repairing cladding. I guess it should be somewhere around 10-15K in Ford authorised centres. It might workout cheaper by 3-5K if done outside.
If you have zero NCB, go for insurance with your eyes shut. If you have anything beyond 40%, better to avoid claiming insurance. If you know of any good paint station outside Ford, it would be good to get quotations,compare and then decide on insurance.
There is a small dent as well which I didn't happen to see last night. Ford has given me rough estimate of 13k. Have gone with the insurance , should get it done in a couple of days time.
Old 7th July 2015, 21:19   #9072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavukjain View Post
Got the front grille changed to the one with Ford written on it. Got FORD wrapped to lagoon blue color to match my cars body wrap.
Do you mind sharing the cost of the wrap and the grill ? Also more pics of the wrapped car please.

Quote:
There is a small dent as well which I didn't happen to see last night. Ford has given me rough estimate of 13k. Have gone with the insurance , should get it done in a couple of days time.
I know how it feels bro. Dont worry they will fix it as if nothings happened
Old 7th July 2015, 21:22   #9073
BHPian

Hello. I have already uploaded the pics of the wrapped car on the forum.
Old 8th July 2015, 11:11   #9074
BHPian

Finally, the beast joins the beauty on her first birthday

A couple of queries,
1. Has anyone used kagu mats? the original 3D ones? Are they really worth the exorbitant price? Also where can I get them in NCR? Any other alternative?
2. How is the OEM camera accessory? The dealer is charging ~18k for the same.
3. The lights, I feel they are a bit inadequate. What options do I have here?
Regards,
Shreyak
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_0710.jpg  

Last edited by shreyak_ss : 8th July 2015 at 11:16.
shreyak_ss is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 12:26   #9075
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
1. Has anyone used kagu mats? ... Any other alternative?
I'm not commenting about Kagu/3D mats as I've no experience with them, but here's one alternative: I use 3M Nomad mats, available at any 3M store in cities. Cost is about 6k, for the 5 seating positions (i.e. not for the boot). Pricey, but very effective (ask them to show you a demo).

Quote:
2. How is the OEM camera accessory? The dealer is charging ~18k for the same.
My dad and I both considered this for our respective EcoSports, but ruled it out. The parking sensors are very accurate and good, combined with the mirrors. If you prefer the added confidence of a parking camera, then consider other accessory shops also, since the common opinion is that the official accessory is highly priced.

Quote:
3. The lights, I feel they are a bit inadequate. What options do I have here?
Check previous threads, for lengthy discussions on this point. In brief, your options are:
  1. Fit a wiring relay to put in 100/90 W bulbs (might void electrical warranty, and is illegal to fit bulbs higher than 60/55 W).
  2. Fit in Philips Xtreme Vision or Osram Night Breaker bulbs. These are 60/55 W, but are brighter. Drawbacks are that these are pricey (1.5 - 2k for a pair, and are supposed to have a shorter lifespan of roughly 25%).
  3. HIDs - look at naveen.raju's ownership thread. HIDs are pricey, but look very good, and gives you a unique look.

Congratulations on the car! Let us know what you finally decide on, with respect to your above questions.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks