Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2016, 21:55   #10561
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
I have already put this up on the PDI thread, but the reason I am posting here too is that this thread is more frequented by Ecosport owners. Has anyone ever heard of an Ecosport Titanium being delivered with only 4 alloy wheels and a spare cover? Also, is there anything else I should watch out for, for this particular make, model and dealer?
Ecosport comes with all 5 alloys wheels and the spare cover is an optional accessory. I don't understand why the dealer is providing a steel wheel as spare. Talk to them sternly and ensure you get all 5 alloy wheels.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 23:39   #10562
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I looked up the VIN on etis.ford.com, and found that the vehicle shows a Spare tyre cover - type 3 as standard fitment. It also mentions Conventional spare tyre and Conventional spare wheel as standard fitments.
I've a 2013 Titanium (O) EcoSport, that came without a spare cover, but with the spare wheel as an alloy. For my VIN, ETIS gives me:
Quote:
  • Less Spare Tyre Cover
  • With Conventional Spare Wheel
  • With Conventional Spare Tyre
  • Lock Wheel Lug Nut-Spare Only
Based on my experience, that should reassure you that you will get an alloy for the spare. However, given that the spare isn't visible, it doesn't hurt to check. Getting such things sorted out after registration will be a royal pain, so do what needs to be done before registration - that's the time you have the most power over the dealer.

Quote:
While doing my PDI of the vehicle at the showroom, I found that the car came with a full size, painted spare wheel cover. The SA informed me that this was an accessory that would be available for an extra cost of Rs. 10700.
Given ETIS mentions a spare cover, it should be part of the car you take delivery of, and shouldn't have to be a paid-for accessory.

This could be one of 3 things:
  1. I'm a bit concerned if your dealer is trying to pull a fast one by selling something to you for the second time, when its included in the factory spec!
  2. That said, ETIS is not infallible - When the Figo/Aspire were launched, there was all manner of confusion about the stabilizer/anti-roll bar. So, it is possible ETIS is wrong (maybe the data for some export variant got mixed in)
  3. Remember that Ford offers vehicle personalization for the EcoSport, which is done at the factory - this could be an EcoSport with such a customization pack. It does raise the question why a customized EcoSport is being offered to you when you haven't placed such an order.

More info on Vehicle Personalization
For reference, here are the customization packs Ford offers from the factory. If this is indeed the case, then Style Pack 1 (a.k.a. Wheel Cover Pack). Note the 3rd bullet below: "without additional cost". This implies that any such customizations are included in the invoice price itself, and is not paid for as a separate accessory.
Name:  20160825 4.png
Views: 4167
Size:  30.1 KB
I'd suggest digging into this further before proceeding. If you've been invoiced for a personalized EcoSport, then you should get that, and shouldn't have to pay for the cover separately. It also begs the question why you're being given this (i.e. did someone else cancel?). Is there anything else in the ETIS data that indicates this is a personalized vehicle? Also, do you mind sharing the VIN so the others here can also check on your behalf?

Last edited by arunphilip : 25th August 2016 at 23:47. Reason: Emphasis, clarity
arunphilip is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 00:13   #10563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I'd suggest digging into this further before proceeding. If you've been invoiced for a personalized EcoSport, then you should get that, and shouldn't have to pay for the cover separately. It also begs the question why you're being given this (i.e. did someone else cancel?). Is there anything else in the ETIS data that indicates this is a personalized vehicle? Also, do you mind sharing the VIN so the others here can also check on your behalf?
Thanks for this wonderful stockpile of information. I was not aware of the style packs. This makes a lot of sense. The SA did mention a pack of some kind. However, I had booked the regular Titanium model and paid the invoice price after discounts. I did not give a color preference at the time of booking, but asked which color they had in stock. They only had golden bronze color available readily, which I liked.

It's possible that this vehicle was ordered with the style pack for some customer who then cancelled. But the vehicle is barely one month old. It could also be a display vehicle originally ordered by the showroom with the extras. Their current display car is a Trend+ model.
Old 26th August 2016, 03:25   #10564
BHPian

Quote:
If this is indeed the case, then Style Pack 1 (a.k.a. Wheel Cover Pack). Note the 3rd bullet below: "without additional cost". This implies that any such customizations are included in the invoice price itself, and is not paid for as a separate accessory.

If you've been invoiced for a personalized EcoSport, then you should get that, and shouldn't have to pay for the cover separately.
As you mentioned, price being covered within the invoice - as an example, if spare wheel cover is for 13k as an accessory, my dealer mentioned that it would only cost 8k - if taken as personalized option pack (from Ford directly), which would appear on the invoice.

If its totally at no cost then everyone would opt for the trend / ambient version with alloy wheel pack (at no additional cost)
Eyas337 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 09:54   #10565
BHPian

Ecosport rear fender liner(covering the wheel well)is known to get worn pretty quickly as it is made of cloth like material. Mine is torn now after it sagged due to weight of water and mud, touching and rubbing against the tyres. The replacement cost is 1210 on each side. Should I go for replacement with same part knowing it will also get damaged soon, or can i completely get rid of the current torn one and live without this part? Not sure if it improves sound deadening as well in addition to protecting the wheel well from mud and water. Has anybody replaced it similarly or managing without the liner completely.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag5402.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag5405.jpg  

Old 26th August 2016, 10:24   #10566
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Ecosport rear fender liner(covering the wheel well)is known to get worn pretty quickly as it is made of cloth like material. Mine is torn now after it sagged due to weight of water and mud, touching and rubbing against the tyres.
Which year is your EcoSport? The earlier EcoSports from 2013 had a problem where this liner was made of a very absorbent material, causing the problem you describe.

Other members on the forum said later EcoSports came with a less absorbent material to avoid this problem. Page 534 of this thread had a discussion about this.

So, if yours is a 2013 EcoSport, definitely go in for the replacement, as it shouldn't be an ongoing problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Should I go for replacement with same part knowing it will also get damaged soon, or can i completely get rid of the current torn one and live without this part?
I'd personally replace it. However, if you're not keen on replacing it after removing the current liner, then please do check if its bare metal beneath this liner, or if there's plastic. If its bare metal, then it might not be a good idea, as any loose stone spun up by the wheel is likely to chip/damage the paint or primer in the wheel well. Combined with the water spun up by the wheels, this can cause rust damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
As you mentioned, price being covered within the invoice ... if taken as personalized option pack (from Ford directly), which would appear on the invoice. If its totally at no cost then everyone would opt for the trend / ambient version with alloy wheel pack (at no additional cost)
I'm obviously not saying these personalization packs are free. What I meant was that these packs don't have to be paid for via a separate bill, they're covered off in the overall vehicle invoice. So, if there's a personalized pack involved, there shouldn't be a need to pay for it as an accessory. That's my interpretation of Ford's wording.

I was indicating that vivekgk should check his invoice to see if he's been billed for a regular Titanium, or a personalized Titanium which would have a higher invoice value due to the spare cover. I'm concerned he might be billed for the personalized Titanium, but then has the cover removed (which would be bad) and possibly sold back to him for 10k (which would be even worse).
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 10:30   #10567
BHPian

Quote:
Which year is your EcoSport? The earlier EcoSports from 2013 had a problem where this liner was made of a very absorbent material, causing the problem you describe.

Other members on the forum said later EcoSports came with a less absorbent material to avoid this problem. Page 534 of this thread had a discussion about this.

So, if yours is a 2013 EcoSport, definitely go in for the replacement, as it shouldn't be an ongoing problem.

I'd personally replace it. However, if you're not keen on replacing it after removing the current liner, then please do check if its bare metal beneath this liner, or if there's plastic. If its bare metal, then it might not be a good idea, as any loose stone spun up by the wheel is likely to chip/damage the paint or primer in the wheel well. Combined with the water spun up by the wheels, this can cause rust damage.

Thanks Arun for the link to the old post.Yes mine is a 2013 model.If the new part is better then I will go for it.Need to do it before replacing the tyres which are now almost completely worn as well at 45K
raj84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2016, 17:22   #10568
BHPian

Guys I've been hearing some kind of water flowing sound when the environment is quiet in my Ecoboost. I can hear it very clearly from the driver side AC vent and only when the AC is on. I had a similar issue in my swift and I ended up solving it by burping the coolant. So, I thought this must be the same thing in the Ecoboost as well and tried burping the coolant (By opening the coolant reservoir). This however had no effect on this sound. I then took it to the service Center and then they said this dashboard water noise is kind of common in ford cars but many don't notice it as it so faint and that it's not an issue. They burped the car again as well. The issue is still there, I can still hear the faint water noise especially near the AC vent. Any thoughts on this? Has anybody else have noticed this?
satz581993Mille is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 10:36   #10569
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz581993Mille View Post
Guys I've been hearing some kind of water flowing sound when the environment is quiet in my Ecoboost. I can hear it very clearly from the driver side AC vent and only when the AC is on. Any thoughts on this? Has anybody else have noticed this?
Now that you mention it - yes, I've heard this in my EcoBoost too, pretty much within months of buying my car. I'm not sure if its the same sound, but I've heard a faint "swishing" sound from beneath the dashboard on the driver's side.

I've not given it much thought, because I've found that AC effectiveness has been consistently good in the years since then, so I've not investigated it further, nor have I asked the Ford Service Center to look into it. I've never had the AC refrigerant topped up either.

I've never heard of burping until now, so thanks for that bit of info . That said, I always thought the heater core was behind the center of the dashboard, and not the driver's side.
Old 28th August 2016, 11:05   #10570
BHPian

The squishing sound near the ac vents is present in my 2010 figo as well. Right from the initial days I hear this sound whenever the compressor starts and it goes away in 4-5 seconds. The cooling is fine and I guess its the sound of refrigerant flowing. Haven't bothered the service guys because I know for sure they will do more damage than anything else.

On a different note I hear same kind of sound in my home split ac too.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 12:47   #10571
BHPian

Quote:
Now that you mention it - yes, I've heard this in my EcoBoost too, pretty much within months of buying my car. I'm not sure if its the same sound, but I've heard a faint "swishing" sound from beneath the dashboard on the driver's side.

I've not given it much thought, because I've found that AC effectiveness has been consistently good in the years since then, so I've not investigated it further, nor have I asked the Ford Service Center to look into it. I've never had the AC refrigerant topped up either.

I've never heard of burping until now, so thanks for that bit of info . That said, I always thought the heater core was behind the center of the dashboard, and not the driver's side.
Yes it's the same sound! It's more of a swishing sound. Anyways, I think this is quite common like the Ford guys told me. I'm gonna let this one pass since there isn't any problem with the AC or the way the car drives. And yes, the heater core will usually be at the center and not the drivers side.

I had a similar issue in my swift too but it was much more pronounced and more like a gurgling sound at the center of the dashboard and that's because the heater core is at the center. It got solved when I burped it. So the fact that this noise doesn't go away with this method in the ecosport means that it's a different noise and not because of the coolant flowing through the heater core.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
The squishing sound near the ac vents is present in my 2010 figo as well. Right from the initial days I hear this sound whenever the compressor starts and it goes away in 4-5 seconds. The cooling is fine and I guess its the sound of refrigerant flowing. Haven't bothered the service guys because I know for sure they will do more damage than anything else.

On a different note I hear same kind of sound in my home split ac too.
I agree with you on this. Even I've heard these kind of sounds in the ACs in my house too. The fact that we haven't heard this in other cars may be because the placement of AC components are different in them unlike ford cars.
satz581993Mille is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 13:44   #10572
BHPian

Quote:
I think this is characteristic of Ford vehicles. My father owned a Fiesta and this sound was very discernible.
penpavan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 22:39   #10573
BHPian

Quote:
If you've been invoiced for a personalized EcoSport, then you should get that, and shouldn't have to pay for the cover separately. It also begs the question why you're being given this (i.e. did someone else cancel?). Is there anything else in the ETIS data that indicates this is a personalized vehicle? Also, do you mind sharing the VIN so the others here can also check on your behalf?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
As you mentioned, price being covered within the invoice...
Thanks guys, I was billed for the regular Titanium, and was given a customised one that just happened to be at the yard as I insisted on immediate delivery. They have taken back the spare cover and given a standard Titanium variant to me. I was not to interested in the spare cover anyway. They also showed me a Trend variant that had five 16inch alloys fitted as standard from factory. They claim that they got these without having preferred them. The five alloys and latest tyres would cost 61k extra on road. That's a bit more than you would end up paying if you were to upgrade to 16 inch wheels and tyres from a dealer, but the extra maybe worth it considering it comes with factory warranty and wont void suspension warranty unlike most tire up sizes would. You're also getting 205/60R16 tyres after all.

If I'd known earlier about this, I would probably have picked the Trend with alloy pack, as it has essential safety features like ABS and airbags, and also has rear wash wipe, which I consider essential, at a price of just about 9.7 lacs. But as things stand, I am extremely satisfied with my choice, more so after a 120 km drive today to Ponmudi peak near Trivandrum.

My ownership thread will be online soon. Promise to put up pics shortly. Thanks for all the help, good advice and useful suggestions. Live to Drive!!!!
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 00:37   #10574
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If I'd known earlier about this, I would probably have picked the Trend with alloy pack, as it has essential safety features like ABS and airbags, and also has rear wash wipe, which I consider essential, at a price of just about 9.7 lacs. But as things stand, I am extremely satisfied with my choice
Since you were able to afford the Titanium, I'd say that was actually a good choice. You now get Sync, push-button start/smart entry, and climate control - these are all nice features that you can't retrofit as accessories. So better you've got it now rather than feel the urge for it later, and be unable to do anything about it!

Many congratulations and welcome to the EcoSport family. I look forward to your ownership review.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 12:54   #10575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz581993Mille View Post
Guys I've been hearing some kind of water flowing sound when the environment is quiet in my Ecoboost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
The squishing sound near the ac vents is present in my 2010 figo as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
I think this is characteristic of Ford vehicles. My father owned a Fiesta and this sound was very discernible.
+ 1.

I have been listening to this swishing sound on my bro-in-laws 2012 Figo, only when the AC is on. He is not sure of what it is.

Never bothered as the AC was doing quite well. I found it not normal, but couldnt complain as I found the AC in his Figo doing an excellent job than the one on my Ecosport TDCi, despite of his poor maintenance.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks