Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2016, 18:33   #9811
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Ford can do this easily as they have overcome the production line costs already on Ecosport. IMO anytime Ford Ecosport is a better product than Maruti Brezza and now this price reduction makes Ecosport even more value for money, product in its category!

Last edited by bageherath : 11th March 2016 at 18:37.
bageherath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 18:50   #9812
BHPian

All I can say is epic. Might cancel brezza booking for titanium + which is a great deal under 10 lac.
hondacity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 19:20   #9813
BHPian

While the impact on the Brezza is to be seen, the first thing that came to mind after I heard this news is that TUV 300 sales could be hugely impacted - IMO.
Old 11th March 2016, 19:47   #9814
Team-BHP Support

All would come to naught if Ford cannot (or chooses not to) meet the higher domestic demand due to production/supply constraints.

Good chance to grab leadership in a segment they've got first mover advantage in, and for a change initial reaction has been quick. What follows remains to be seen.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 20:14   #9815
BHPian

Friends, I am now interested in buying ecosport AT.
My usage would barely cross 500 kms a month, hence the petrol.

My concern is the mileage. Will I get at least 10kms/ lit in city traffic?
Another issue is that the resale value of petrol vehicle in Kerala is less.
Is it wiser to go for a diesel ecosport just for these reasons or go for AT for the convenience .
Any other points to be considered?
Please advice
Thanks in advance
Regards
Ramesh
Old 11th March 2016, 21:27   #9816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post

Is it wiser to go for a diesel ecosport just for these reasons or go for AT for the convenience .
Please advice
Thanks in advance
Regards
Ramesh

For convenience nothing can quite match the AT especially with the ever increasing city traffics. But mileage on the other hand is not all that great in the ecosport AT giving 8-10kms/lit in city. With that said, if you want a good resale value along with good mileage, you can't go wrong with the diesel. The diesel wins in terms of performance as well over the AT. I recently had a chance to drive the updated diesel and the drivability of the diesel is better than the AT. If you are going to be using the car a lot in city traffic, get the AT. If not, the diesel. All the best.
Old 11th March 2016, 23:17   #9817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My usage would barely cross 500 kms a month, hence the petrol........ Another issue is that the resale value of petrol vehicle in Kerala is less.
I would suggest you to get the AT. The FE is lower than the Diesel but then for your running, the convenience it offers is truly priceless. The service cost will also be lower compared to the Diesel.

Besides, if you been tracking the used car market for affordable AT cars, you will notice that they are retaining value like never before. The stigma attached to AT is coming down and the market is warming towards the convenience it offers.

Who knows how the maket will be in 4 or 5 years from now. Maybe the volume sellers might be the AT variants. And for good or bad, an EcoSport AT is hard for find in the used car market. All the best!

Last edited by deetjohn : 11th March 2016 at 23:18. Reason: Typo
Old 12th March 2016, 00:01   #9818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Just saw a post on the Brezza thread which mentions that the price of the Ecosport has been reduced.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3929704
Here is a post with the detailed prices

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kh-400791.aspx

As a owner of the EcoSport AT, I can confidently say that its a far superior product. The mere fact that Ford India has to reduce prices instead of dominating the market is a testament to their flawed strategy, and the inability/unwillingness of Ford Global HQ to hold the India management accountable.

As a potential buyer, there never was a better time to buy the Ecosport, especially the fully loaded trims, and of course, the super-convenient AT.
Contrapunto is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 05:49   #9819
BHPian

Wow , a big wow !!! 200 mm ground clearance, with 6 airbags & abs , 100 PS, 204 NM, refined engine, FFFFord DRIVE, superb NVH, chilled cabin, leather seats, 16 inch alloys all for 11.5 Lakhs (on road Hyd - calculated based on reduced price) . looks very good VFM !!! This is number one in my list now for my first car.

Last edited by Veels n Rhodes : 12th March 2016 at 05:50. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 12th March 2016, 10:01   #9820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
All would come to naught if Ford cannot (or chooses not to) meet the higher domestic demand due to production/supply constraints.

Good chance to grab leadership in a segment they've got first mover advantage in, and for a change initial reaction has been quick. What follows remains to be seen.
Ford has this artificial restriction of the number of cars they can produce. They are probably happy with 3-4000 cars a month, else they wouldn't make customers wait 3 months after booking. I personally know a few people who have cancelled their booking of the Aspire and Figo for this reason. They say they have a production capacity of 25,000 cars per month, but can't even produce 5000. What can we say for that.
Old 13th March 2016, 11:10   #9821

I recently became the proud owner of the (updated) Ford EcoSport Titanium Petrol AT. I noticed that when my USB charger is plugged into the front 12V outlet, it receives power even when the ignition is turned off. I also checked by leaving the charger in the socket over night. The next morning, the LED indicator on the charger was still on, showing that it wasn't delayed outlet, like a 'follow-me-home lights' feature.

I asked the dealer about this and at first he said that supply will switch off when the car is turned off. When mentioning that it doesn't, he recommended that I unplug the charger when not in use. Not particularly confidence inspiring answers.

My main concern was whether is any detrimental impact on the battery if the charger is left plugged in. It wouldn't be charging any device so I believe that the current would be negligible. Any advice on this?
Old 13th March 2016, 13:16   #9822
BHPian

Quote:

Please advice
Thanks in advance
Regards
Ramesh
My vote goes for the AT. As your runs are very less and max of your driving will be in the city saving your left leg from constant stress of clutch pedal is nothing less than blessing. Diesel Ecosport is good but AT saves a lot pain. I have a Honda City Diesel and it saves me a lot of rupees as I drive 1500kms a month. And I'm telling you its pain to drive Diesel cars in stop and go traffic. Even at such high kms for a month I really feel that I should have bought a lower variant AT in order to save stress and anxiety of the dirty traffic conditions on Delhi Noida route. It will pinch you initially to go for AT but in the long you will really be smiling for the AT ownership.
Old 13th March 2016, 14:48   #9823
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My usage would barely cross 500 kms a month, hence the petrol...
Since your primary requirement is petrol AT, please go with that. There is no point in spending more for the diesel forgetting the advantage & limited running for the sake of re-sale value.

If I were you, I'll retain the car for 10-15 years to offset the re-sale hit (if any). Fords are built tough. And Ecosport is versatile too. This can always remain as a city car within the family and can even be passed to the ladies for the AT convenience.

Edit:: Another option is to scan for the availability of used Ecosport AT, if you are inclined towards a used car. If the re-sale is bad, you'll be able to strike a good deal and not feel the pinch when you sell it later.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 13th March 2016 at 14:50.
Old 14th March 2016, 20:57   #9824
fry

Hi!

So, I am out of time and patience and hence, I am looking at purchasing a new EcoSport 1.0.
Does anyone have any information on Performance enhancements (for the car)?
Does anyone even know if the Indian Ecoboost engine gives us a 170nm to 200nm OverBoost !?

I will not be "killing" my warranty so soon, therefore, I am looking at "discrete" ECU upgrades only. Tires and maybe wheels too!

Damn..I wish ford had the larger ecoboost engines here...

I am aware that the fiesta red edition has a slightly "boosted" 1.0 EcoBoost Engine - Any idea what are the changes made in the engines?

Additionally, any experience with this company?
http://www.udmotorx.com/cars/ford/ecosport/ecu-remap

Do their claims sound too good to be true?
MANUFACTURERS VEHICLE WARRANTY
Our remap is totally undetectable to service station while carrying on with their standard service/warranty procedures. WHY? Our maps and their codes are developed from scratch on the respective ECU. Our advanced calibration technology and tools gives us access to the entire ECU and management system, so we are able to code files accordingly with your vehicle being safe from warranty check-ups.
VEHICLE SAFETY ENSURED
Our maps which are not only pollution check safe but safe for your DPF, Clutch, Drivetrain, Fuel Pump/Injectors and Turbo and is under vehicle manufactures component stress specified. And no extra care needs to be taken, you just need to follow the manufacturer’s service manual.
LIFETIME WARRANTY & BACKUP
All of our ECU Remap Softwares include a limited lifetime warranty against any defects in the software and in case will provide with free check up and update the map accordingly.
For any after sales service we will ensure the fastest arrangement of the vehicle at the place of install.

Please keep the suggestions and guidance coming! I am looking for the BEST chip solutions!
Thank You All!

http://www.superchips.co.uk/search?m...2&variant=3214

Jesus... These figures sound good.

Anybody has any idea how much power the Indian EcoSport's transmission can handle!?

Thanks a ton!

Last edited by GTO : 15th March 2016 at 11:47. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 15th March 2016, 02:17   #9825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post
Wow , a big wow !!! 200 mm ground clearance .... This is number one in my list now for my first car.
Before you get all excited about huge ground clearance and all, you might want to read this post:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3892111

And btw, Ecosport is also my first car, and so far i'm loving it

Coming to the over 1L price cut, i checked the current ex-showroom price which can be found in the link below:
http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Bl...rue&blobkey=id

I found that the current ex-showroom price of my model (1.5L Diesel Titanium) is only 2,500 cheaper than what i paid for in August 2014. Now of course this new model has a more powerful engine and other enhancements brought by the face lift, also the taxes have increased a bit now, but in the past year or so Ford has hiked the price astronomically due to lack of competition. Even when i bought i remember i was cribbing to pay over 75k more than launch price. So rest assured, Ford is still getting a fair share of profits even after these price cuts.
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks