Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2016, 09:37   #9706
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport - Issues and Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
I have a 3 month old Ecoboost run about 1500kms and last week i could hear some creaks / rattles. Need to empty out everything and check. The sound comes only on bad roads. On smooth roads, its bliss.
I noticed today that the sound is coming from the left sun visor area. I tapped that area and the creaks were there. Will need to take it to FASS for rectification. I had not changed the engine oil during 1st service as the SA mentioned that it was not required. But i plan to change it at around 2500kms. Will rectify this sound then. Can live with it for time being.
Old 5th January 2016, 10:54   #9707
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanu2k15 View Post
So completed a trip to Amritsar from Delhi and back.

So any inputs on the Rogerab or anything equivalent? Should I get one?
I have the rogerabs fitted to my eco tdi. As reported the nasty thuds have indeed disappeared but I noticed the side to side roll has increased and I find it far more uncomfortable than the thuds. I will try by removing them the next time I get the alignment done and report back.

Besides has anyone upgraded their dampers or springs? Are there any upgrades available? If yes then what are the options? I believe the Ecosport has one of the worst suspension setup on a car ever!
nitro.1000bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 11:05   #9708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
I have the rogerabs fitted to my eco tdi. As reported the nasty thuds have indeed disappeared but I noticed the side to side roll has increased and I find it far more uncomfortable than the thuds. I will try by removing them the next time I get the alignment done and report back.
Thanks for the feedback. Will wait for your update on this.
Old 5th January 2016, 11:55   #9709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
I noticed today that the sound is coming from the left sun visor area. I tapped that area and the creaks were there. Will need to take it to FASS for rectification. I had not changed the engine oil during 1st service as the SA mentioned that it was not required. But i plan to change it at around 2500kms. Will rectify this sound then. Can live with it for time being.
I have been struggling to get this sorted.

This was fine after the last service, now it is back since last week. I am anyway taking this to FASS end of the week to get this sorted.

Please let me know if you find the source of the same.
Old 6th January 2016, 14:33   #9710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
I have been struggling to get this sorted.

This was fine after the last service, now it is back since last week. I am anyway taking this to FASS end of the week to get this sorted.

Please let me know if you find the source of the same.
please check in between the sun visor and roof is there any gap, if so you can remove the visor and push inside to the hooked side a bit till you can see no further gap.

Please ignore if there is no gap.
Old 6th January 2016, 14:40   #9711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
please check in between the sun visor and roof is there any gap, if so you can remove the visor and push inside to the hooked side a bit till you can see no further gap.

Please ignore if there is no gap.
When I tried to explore this one came in from the LHS Dashboard or the Left Door.

I do not suspect anything from the Sun Visor, especially because the roof fabric is clothlike and even if SunVisor hits it, it may not be loud. but since you mentioned that, let me check again.
Old 6th January 2016, 22:19   #9712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitheeshsreeram View Post
I had a doubt here, I own a pre face lift ecosport but bought just 2 months ago. My sync shows the mp3 tag while playing via Bluetooth, does it mean I have an updated sync. I dont remember any sync updation being done during first service.
The Sync version of Ecosport was updated way before the facelift was launched, in feb 2015 when they released Sync with Applink. Its likely you have the new version.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 23:10   #9713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
Thanks for making me feel stupid.

I don't know how I missed that!

I am thinking about getting the Ecosport Ecoboost Trend+ or the Honda City V iVtec MT. And making up my mind has been a nightmare! Probably contributed to all this!
Same confusion here at my home buddy! :/
What did you buy finally?
Old 7th January 2016, 23:13   #9714
BHPian

Off lately after my two year of ownership I found rust on metal joining bonet of the car .
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20160106_161445.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20160106_161434.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20160106_161420.jpg  

Jose.solorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 14:59   #9715
BHPian

Driven my new EcoSport TDCI Titanium for ~2,300 km in one month of ownership and have a few observations to share:
  1. The front doors feel heavy and shut with a solid thud, however the rear doors seem relatively light.
  2. The sync system pauses music intermittently. Tried re-pairing the phone multiple times but the issue persists. Devise used - iphone
  3. During the 2 long test drives I took before the purchase, could clearly make out a mild turbo whistle when revved. Liked this a lot in those TD cars, but this is non-existent in my ES.
  4. Parked the car once on a higher ground and when viewed from a distance, was surprised to notice the low hanging exhaust pipe. Could breathe easy only after finding a mention of this in the official review.
  5. Though I was conscious about the thick A-pillar, it took some quite time to get used to the blind spots.
Overall, it’s been a very satisfying experience with the ES so far.
Old 9th January 2016, 15:29   #9716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
Same confusion here at my home buddy! :/
What did you buy finally?
The only thing I have got is a lot of stick from people who have been trying to help me make my mind.

There is the rumour about the Honda City face-lift that is supposed to come out at the Auto Expo, which supposedly fixes all the niggles, I'll be looking at that, or else I am buying the 2017 Ford Ecosport, whenever it comes out. There I have decided.
Old 9th January 2016, 17:07   #9717
BHPian

Quote:
The only thing I have got is a lot of stick from people who have been trying to help me make my mind.

There is the rumour about the Honda City face-lift that is supposed to come out at the Auto Expo, which supposedly fixes all the niggles, I'll be looking at that, or else I am buying the 2017 Ford Ecosport, whenever it comes out. There I have decided.
There's a new Ecosport coming out in 2017? :O
Old 10th January 2016, 14:27   #9718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
There's a new Ecosport coming out in 2017? :O
It makes sense, doesn't it? The Ecosport is getting old, and with the competition from Hyundai and Suzuki coming along, they cannot afford to sit back and watch, can they? And there is the news that the Ecosport will be sold in US from October 2017, well, if they weren't planning on making a new Ecosport, why would they wait for almost two years before introducing the Ecosport there?

Also, the Linea Abarth seems to be an interesting proposition for me!
Old 10th January 2016, 16:29   #9719
BHPian

Quote:
It makes sense, doesn't it? The Ecosport is getting old, and with the competition from Hyundai and Suzuki coming along, they cannot afford to sit back and watch, can they? And there is the news that the Ecosport will be sold in US from October 2017, well, if they weren't planning on making a new Ecosport, why would they wait for almost two years before introducing the Ecosport there?

Also, the Linea Abarth seems to be an interesting proposition for me!
Damn man!
Does anyone have any idea when the new Vento will roll in India?
Old 11th January 2016, 08:36   #9720
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Balachandar M P for sharing!

Quote:
EcoSport prices hiked! Titanium diesel ex-showroom price crosses the critical 10 lakh mark, making the on-road costlier which could tilt customers towards Trend+. Attached is the latest price list from MPL Ford, Chennai.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-capture.png
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks