Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2015, 12:22   #9631
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

thanks guys,
appreciate the help here. i am finally set.
Color - Silver.
Insurance - i got quote of 26K from Future Generali. Dealer saying that he will try to match it orelse i could go self.
Finance - Opting for Ford Finance - 8%
Discount - 18K Exchange bonus+ 15K cash discount+ free 3rd year EW+ hoping for more
Accessories - Not paying 6000 for 'Standard Accesories' Imagine only mudflaps and floor mats. mudflaps are available from 800/- to 1200/- and 5000 for floor mats. no thanks.

Further reg accessories, i will go for engine guard. Reg spare tyre cover, i am in 2 minds... shd i opt for it or not. the cost of 12K does not feel justified but in absence of any other option, more worried of the tyre getting vandalized by miscreants. so maybe will go for it.

Has anyone gone for the front and rear bumper appliques, they look really nice from a aesthetic perspective with no practical use. i saw a post by 'ecosport rules' (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...red-india.html) who had got this installed on his silver titanium.

About the reverse parking camera; need some advice... is it worth and does it add real practical value in addition to the sensors? any advice..
cheers....
Old 15th December 2015, 17:28   #9632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmayur View Post
Has anyone gone for the front and rear bumper appliques, they look really nice from a aesthetic perspective with no practical use. i saw a post by 'ecosport rules' (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...red-india.html) who had got this installed on his silver titanium.

About the reverse parking camera; need some advice... is it worth and does it add real practical value in addition to the sensors? any advice..
cheers....
I also have the bumper appliques. You can see them in my ownership thread here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3714071

They are for pure cosmetic purposes only. As for the parking camera, why don't you check if the parking sensors works for you before planning an upgrade?
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 22:53   #9633

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post

was in the same boat as you in my need for an automatic with good GC and I too booked the Ecosoport earlier this week. delivery mid next week.

please ensure your car is not impacted by flood damage in chennai.
Congratulations for booking the Ecosport AT. I have also booked the Ecosport AT and the delivery is expected by 24th Dec.

In my case, the car is arriving in a fresh lot from Chennai. Dear Bhpians, please help me understand how I can rule out (or identify) any signs of flood damage.
Old 16th December 2015, 09:27   #9634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaeroon View Post
please help me understand how I can rule out (or identify) any signs of flood damage.
I don't think you can, until after a few months when underbody rusting sets in. Ford will have changed the upholstery and cleaned the car thoroughly to hide any visible evidence of flooding. Suggest you defer delivery until the VIN shows a 2016 manufacturing date; if not demand 4 years extended warranty including corrosion protection.
Old 16th December 2015, 09:40   #9635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaeroon View Post
In my case, the car is arriving in a fresh lot from Chennai. Dear Bhpians, please help me understand how I can rule out (or identify) any signs of flood damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Suggest you defer delivery until the VIN shows a 2016 manufacturing date; if not demand 4 years extended warranty including corrosion protection.
I would suggest the same. Would prefer to take a 2016 manufactured car rather than risking my money. Better to be safe than sorry.
Old 16th December 2015, 11:16   #9636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmayur View Post
cheers....
It is really not worth it , i have a camera fitted viewed through my mapmyindia monitor ,rarely use it as the sensors are accurate and very easy.
shivkumar19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 23:07   #9637

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
I don't think you can, until after a few months when underbody rusting sets in. Ford will have changed the upholstery and cleaned the car thoroughly to hide any visible evidence of flooding. Suggest you defer delivery until the VIN shows a 2016 manufacturing date; if not demand 4 years extended warranty including corrosion protection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
I would suggest the same. Would prefer to take a 2016 manufactured car rather than risking my money. Better to be safe than sorry.
Friends, thanks much for your inputs. I agree that its better to be safe. I had a conversation with the SA a while back. Eventually, he did acknowledge my concern. He has promised to revert tomorrow after consulting with his senior. I have suggested the options:- (1) wait for 2016 (downside - no discounts, increased price, more wait); or (2) corrosion warranty.

Among the things that he mentioned was the possibility of getting the car underbody inspected by me at their service centre (where the car can be raised on a platform).

Would a 3M underbody protection coat (5 years warranty) be sufficient to prevent the underbody rusting? Are there other areas/parts of the car that need to be (and can be) addressed by it (or other treatments)?
Old 17th December 2015, 08:41   #9638
BHPian

Guys, what mileage does ecosport AT give? Thinking of purchasing one . Mine is mostly city use only. Thanks in advance
Regards
Ramesh
Rameshdude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 09:24   #9639
Senior - BHPian

Getting delivery of my Ecosport AT today. Will update with pics soon....
Old 17th December 2015, 10:44   #9640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Guys, what mileage does ecosport AT give? Thinking of purchasing one . Mine is mostly city use only. Thanks in advance
Regards
Ramesh
My MT version is giving me 12-13 after first service. You can expect mileage in the similar range.
nitheeshsreeram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 11:36   #9641

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Regards
Ramesh
Highway drives I got a Maximum of around 14-16Kmpl at Constant Speeds of 60-80 Kmph, City conditions bangalore it varies around 8.5 to 10 Kmpl, If you turn off traction control you get better mileage with increased power, I suggest in city traffic one should turn off traction control it is a safety feature which wont be necessary in crawling traffic unlike highways.
Old 17th December 2015, 22:51   #9642
BHPian

Guys I just sold my vw vento and will like an ecosport as replacement. My dilemma is to go for an ecoboost or an at? Driving a geared car is a pain in NCR now but ecoboost doesn't come in AT. Pls help me decide. Budget approx 10lacs.
Old 17th December 2015, 23:28   #9643
BHPian

If only/majorly city driving to for AT, else Ecoboost. I drive an Ecoboost it's a lil iffy to drive in city /bumper to bumper traffic.
Old 18th December 2015, 00:19   #9644

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
Guys I just sold my vw vento and will like an ecosport as replacement. My dilemma is to go for an ecoboost or an at? Driving a geared car is a pain in NCR now but ecoboost doesn't come in AT. Pls help me decide. Budget approx 10lacs.
Hi @hondacity. Considering the increasingly congested cities, cars with AT are becoming mainstream.

I live in Gurgaon and I have booked the Ecosport AT a few days back (although its 2 lakhs more than my initial budget).

For me, initially the choice was either to buy 1.5L petrol, or 1.5L diesel, or the AT. I was always inclined towards AT for two reasons - (1) feels a definite upgrade over the current manual transmission car I drive; (2) loaded with safety features - 6 airbags, Traction Control, Hill Launch Assist, etc.

My limited research on Team BHP could not yield any significant advantage for me to choose ecoboost over the 1.5L petrol. The difference in the fuel efficiency of the two engines is not much (my opinion). Also, I somehow had a doubt over the longevity and resale of the ecoboost (again maybe its just my bias).

The final pros and cons looked like this:-

1.5L diesel
+ better torque
+ better fuel efficiency
- its diesel! (never owned a diesel car)
- a little bit heavier clutch
- all the recent developments around diesel cars in NCR

1.0L ecoboost
- not much advantage in fuel efficiency or costs

1.5L petrol (manual)
+ its petrol
+ decent drivability (I own a Santro currently)
- less fuel efficiency

1.5L AT
+ its a 6-speed AT!
+ loaded with safety features
- fuel efficiency is same (or slightly lesser) than manual

I would suggest to stretch your budget a little more and buy the AT.
vaeroon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 00:27   #9645

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
If only/majorly city driving to for AT, else Ecoboost. I drive an Ecoboost it's a lil iffy to drive in city /bumper to bumper traffic.
There ain't any ecoboost owners in my circle of friends/relatives, so I am always curious - How much is its fuel efficiency? Does its drivability in city significantly differ than the 1.5L petrol? Does the fact that it is turbo-charged make it more expensive to maintain as compared to a 1.5L petrol? Please pardon my ignorance of Ecoboost (or, in general, turbo-charged engines).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks