Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2016, 08:53   #9721
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Balachandar M P for sharing!
Looking at the way the prices have been jacked up, it looks like the customers who brought the vehicles in the festive season i.e. September to December 2015 landed themselves a great DEAL.
Old 11th January 2016, 12:50   #9722
Distinguished - BHPian

How much has the prices been revised by?
Old 11th January 2016, 15:42   #9723
BHPian

Guys i need some help. I want to know if anyone of you have this issue.
Being 6ft tall i find the drivers headrest on my ES AT a little uncomfortable. i find it pointing forward and this kind of imapcts my driving posture. i managed to find a photograph on google(its not me in the picture ) that exactly shows what i am facing. can anything be done about it. i dont really want to manually bend the headrest rods which may lead to another issue or it getting loose. At this stage i am simply trying to check if anyone has faced this and has does something about it without taking extreme measures.
P.S. i did not have this issue on my Linea.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-download.jpg  

Last edited by cmayur : 11th January 2016 at 15:46. Reason: Uploading picture
cmayur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 16:06   #9724
BHPian

This is too much of a bend in the orientation of the head rest. It does have this forward tilt in my ES too but not this much. Jutting out the headrest to the max height solves the problem for my brother who's 6 ft. It is a matter of discomfort in stock setting though.
Pjango is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 20:02   #9725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmayur View Post
Guys i need some help. I want to know if anyone of you have this issue.
Being 6ft tall i find the drivers headrest on my ES AT a little uncomfortable. i find it pointing forward and this kind of imapcts my driving posture. i managed to find a photograph on google(its not me in the picture ) that exactly shows what i am facing. can anything be done about it. i dont really want to manually bend the headrest rods which may lead to another issue or it getting loose. At this stage i am simply trying to check if anyone has faced this and has does something about it without taking extreme measures.
P.S. i did not have this issue on my Linea.
1) Wrap a memory foam type neck pillow around the headrest and 'shape' it into a more comfortable position
2) Pull out the headrest, flip/turn it around and re-insert so that it slopes in line with the seat back
hemant.kamat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 07:26   #9726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
All this has tilted me more in the favour of Ecosport.
Absolutely agree, I have a EcoSport Titanium D MT for a year now and absolutely love its solid feel especially when you are cruising on the highway. This car does not ever sway or wobble due to wind speeds or oncoming traffic which gives a feel of a vehicle which is something bigger than its class, gives a huge confidence on road.

Very satisfied on this account and overall.
Old 13th January 2016, 11:58   #9727
BHPian

I am just back from a 3500+ km road trip to Uttarakhand from Kolkata. I have to say EcoSport is a solid highway cruiser. It is so much planted to the ground that I could easily hold the car at 100+ for hours. Handling is brilliant again. I had a lot of fun driving this car in the kumaon region. I will share a travelogue shortly.

Last edited by Samurai : 15th January 2016 at 17:44. Reason: avoid mentioning highspeed
Uprasenjit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 17:11   #9728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
Thanks for making me feel stupid.

I don't know how I missed that!

I am thinking about getting the Ecosport Ecoboost Trend+ or the Honda City V iVtec MT. And making up my mind has been a nightmare! Probably contributed to all this!
Hey, which one did you buy?
Please share your ownership report. Cause even I am confused between the same cars.
Old 15th January 2016, 20:47   #9729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
Hey, which one did you buy?
Please share your ownership report. Cause even I am confused between the same cars.
I have not made a decision. Not even close to one. I am holding on till the Auto Expo goes on, and then make my decision. I have a City ZX Vtec now, so it doesn't matter to me even if I wait for another year!

And if you make a decision, do let me know. Honda City's niggles may have been fixed with the facelift, but if the facelift doesn't make an appearance, you should definitely go for the Ecosport. You will compromise on fuel economy, rear seat space, rear shoulder room for a car that's built like a tank. I know I would! Hope that helps. Also, I get butterflies in my stomach when I see an Ecosport, the same doesn't happen with the City. My ZX was bought with my heart, but if I buy the new City, then it's definitely with my head!

Also, I tend to go to my office car park and stare at cars, mostly Ecosports and Honda Citys, while munching on Snickers bars, and it has come to a point where, I get hungry everytime I see an Ecosport.
esoticoreventon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 22:28   #9730
BHPian

Quote:
I have not made a decision. Not even close to one. I am holding on till the Auto Expo goes on, and then make my decision. I have a City ZX Vtec now, so it doesn't matter to me even if I wait for another year!

And if you make a decision, do let me know. Honda City's niggles may have been fixed with the facelift, but if the facelift doesn't make an appearance, you should definitely go for the Ecosport. You will compromise on fuel economy, rear seat space, rear shoulder room for a car that's built like a tank. I know I would! Hope that helps. Also, I get butterflies in my stomach when I see an Ecosport, the same doesn't happen with the City. My ZX was bought with my heart, but if I buy the new City, then it's definitely with my head!

Also, I tend to go to my office car park and stare at cars, mostly Ecosports and Honda Citys, while munching on Snickers bars, and it has come to a point where, I get hungry everytime I see an Ecosport.
Haha.
Well the thing you said that you'll buy the City with your head is absolutely true. Same case with me. But my parents will whole-heartedly buy the City since they love everything about the City, but me being the only enthusiast at my home, I want a sturdy well built car.
I am very eager for the facelift of the City. If the rumours photos hold true then the City is going to look like a new gen one, and I also hope that few of the niggles are solved with the facelift. At least the panel gaps!
The Ecosport definitely one hell of a car. But I personally feel that it is a little over priced for a sub 4 metre car. And the Ecoboost isn't available in the Titanium trim and just the Titanium+. With the arrival of the Creta the sales of the Ecosport has taken a beating, according to what I've heard the Ecosport just sold over 1200 units in December.

I guess there won't be any compromise in FE, as the Ecoboost is just as frugal as the i-Vtec. Both are very peppy rev happy engines.

At the end of the day, the Ecosport is a more VFM car. The City is overpriced and over hyped but still manages to bring in a lot of volume. Sigh.

Last edited by iss1307 : 15th January 2016 at 22:28. Reason: Spelling Mistake
Old 16th January 2016, 11:30   #9731
BHPian

Quote:
Haha.
Well the thing you said that you'll buy the City with your head is absolutely true. Same case with me. But my parents will whole-heartedly buy the City since they love everything about the City, but me being the only enthusiast at my home, I want a sturdy well built car.
I am very eager for the facelift of the City. If the rumours photos hold true then the City is going to look like a new gen one, and I also hope that few of the niggles are solved with the facelift. At least the panel gaps!
The Ecosport definitely one hell of a car. But I personally feel that it is a little over priced for a sub 4 metre car. And the Ecoboost isn't available in the Titanium trim and just the Titanium+. With the arrival of the Creta the sales of the Ecosport has taken a beating, according to what I've heard the Ecosport just sold over 1200 units in December.

I guess there won't be any compromise in FE, as the Ecoboost is just as frugal as the i-Vtec. Both are very peppy rev happy engines.

At the end of the day, the Ecosport is a more VFM car. The City is overpriced and over hyped but still manages to bring in a lot of volume. Sigh.
The Ecosport is a well engineered car. You are paying that money for the car's engineering. While prices have gone up considerably, it's not like the rest of the market has frozen prices!

You will not get the FE figures like the Honda City on the Ecoboost engine. The car is heavier and it's turbo-charged, and turbo charged engines are very sensitive to driving style. My ~10 year old ZX Vtec still delivers 8 kmpl with gear shifts happening at 6000 rpm. You can expect the iVtec to make better figures! But with the Ecosport Ecoboost, I think even the most careful city driving habits will still give you 11-12 kmpl, or atleast thats what the owners say!

The city mostly demands that much because of the engine! Those Vtec engines are a gem! And also, I think Honda still is the only manufacturer to actually give good after-sales service!

Forget the Creta, the Vitara Brezza is going to shoot a torpedo straight into the already low sales of the Ecosport! That's why I am confident that Ford will launch a new Ecosport soon!
esoticoreventon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 12:33   #9732
BHPian

Quote:
The Ecosport is a well engineered car. You are paying that money for the car's engineering. While prices have gone up considerably, it's not like the rest of the market has frozen prices!

You will not get the FE figures like the Honda City on the Ecoboost engine. The car is heavier and it's turbo-charged, and turbo charged engines are very sensitive to driving style. My ~10 year old ZX Vtec still delivers 8 kmpl with gear shifts happening at 6000 rpm. You can expect the iVtec to make better figures! But with the Ecosport Ecoboost, I think even the most careful city driving habits will still give you 11-12 kmpl, or atleast thats what the owners say!

The city mostly demands that much because of the engine! Those Vtec engines are a gem! And also, I think Honda still is the only manufacturer to actually give good after-sales service!

Forget the Creta, the Vitara Brezza is going to shoot a torpedo straight into the already low sales of the Ecosport! That's why I am confident that Ford will launch a new Ecosport soon!
We have had 2 Suzuki's till now!
So I am not even considering MSIL this time.
So buying the Ecosport does not make any sense now? :(
The City facelift will be a fresh one. So I guess I am back to square one. :|
Old 16th January 2016, 17:11   #9733
BHPian

Quote:
We have had 2 Suzuki's till now!
So I am not even considering MSIL this time.
Any specific reasons for not considering MSIL ? Just to get taste of other brands or "not so good ownership experience" ?
Ford has increased the price of Ecosport very recently. I hope the face lifted one is not priced too high.
Old 16th January 2016, 20:20   #9734
BHPian

Ecosport: The 200mm ground clearance test !

One of the main selling points for this "Urban SUV" is undoubtedly it's huge ground clearance which is advertised as 200mm. When cars like Scorpio has only 180mm, 200mm seemed to more than enough to tackle bad indian road conditions and made Ecosport very practical for driving over broken tarmac. While GC was never a factor for me choosing this car, for many it was the main decision maker. However after owning this car i found that the ground clearance doesn't look that high in real life. Also in diesel cars they give a sump guard which tends to droop down after sometime. This is common in all the diesel Ecosport i noticed and its easy to spot one without the TDCI badge just by looking at the sump. So i finally decided to give the ground clearance a test and see if the car really holds up to what the specifications say.

Underbody from back. Notice the drooping sump guard.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-01-back.jpg

Underbody from front.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-02-front.jpg

Exhaust pipe clearance = 195mm
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-04-pipe.jpg

Rear suspension clearance = 190mm
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-06-suspension.jpg

Rear shocker clearance = 175mm
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-07-shocker.jpg

Sump guard clearance = 135mm
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-08-sump.jpg

This test was carried with the car fully unloaded and tyre pressure at 32psi. While suspension components might not be considered for measuring ground clearance (which i am not sure) the stats are very alarming for what they claim to be a "very high ground clearance" vehicle ! Maybe the petrol owners can throw some light on the sump clearance without the guard or one with the plastic guard.

Unbelievable ? Believe it !

Last edited by Samfromindia : 16th January 2016 at 20:23.
Samfromindia is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 21:44   #9735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Maybe the petrol owners can throw some light on the sump clearance without the guard or one with the plastic guard.

Unbelievable ? Believe it !
The fabric cover which comes with the tdci shouldn't be considered as a sump guard. It's more of a sound insulation. I have got a custom made metal engine guard and its clearance is definitely way above the fabric one .
If you ask real world performance - my tdci has never even once scraped the underbody in the 55k kms I have driven. I have driven it on very rough roads.
However the figures you have mentioned at few points is a bit of a concern.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks