Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2016, 11:56   #9856
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Thanks for the information .
Can you please elaborate the procedure to update the sync?
Hi Doc,

The Ford SVC guys did the update during my 2nd service. BTW, the update does not seem to have any changes in the functions or features.

The new version of SYNC that comes with newer models (post 2015) displays the song details being played via Bluetooth. The older models don't have this feature and there is no update available to enable this.
srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 13:50   #9857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
How I wish there were 3rd row seats in the Ecosport, where my seven year old daughter and her friend could fit in comfortably for short family trips, as shown in trial seating pics in my Mars Red Ecosport:
One of my friends wanted to buy the Ecosport, but due to a similar pressure from his daughter had to ultimately go for Terrano. When he took a TD of my Ecoboost recently, his pain of missing out on the Ecosport was evident.
amit.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 16:04   #9858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoop View Post
Friends, anyone aware of excessive oil consumption issue with the diesel ecosport at least for the initial batches ?.
I have seen few tdci ecosports having their engines opened as i see from the the Customer lounge, didn't bother to check.

I did my last service at 14,500 km and run 17,500 km till now. The oil level:

In all the 50k km i had driven the fiesta 1.4 tdci, i haven't seen even a bit of oil loss(full dipstick).

Surprising, considering my driving is <10% in urban places.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wp_20160324_001.jpg  

ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 19:39   #9859
BHPian

With the recent reduction in the prices of Ecosport, can anyone pls let me know if there are any changes in the prices of accessories (similar in tune of the car). I am looking to buy some official accessories (bumper appliques) for my Ecoboost.

TIA

Srinath
Old 27th March 2016, 02:36   #9860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
With the recent reduction in the prices of Ecosport, can anyone pls let me know if there are any changes in the prices of accessories (similar in tune of the car). I am looking to buy some official accessories (bumper appliques) for my Ecoboost.

TIA

Srinath
The cost of accessories keep increasing like real estate prices.
That's where dealer makes lot of money.
Old 27th March 2016, 03:10   #9861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
My Ecosport TDCi is at the service center for the last 3 weeks due to this very same problem of excessive engine oil consumption(Done 39000kms.Problem started after service at 30000kms)Yet to get list of engine parts that need to be replaced, but things i heard are piston, engine block etc.
this is appalling to say the least. Are you sure these guys expect you to put up with a refurbished engine for no fault of yours? I can't believe it.
You should put your foot down and demand a full engine replacement. That's what most manufacturers do without asking, I believe.

If I'm not wrong, Chevrolet's Enjoy MPV had this same sinister oil- vanishing problem and the company used to silently plonk a new mill on place without even asking the customer! It's in these very forums on t-bhp. Ditto for XUV customers too though the issue was different there. So what's stopping Ford in your case?
Old 27th March 2016, 08:00   #9862
Distinguished - BHPian

So they are really pushing the local market. Good to see that.

Ford To Build Euro-Spec EcoSport In Romania

Quote:
Ford announced that it will move production of its subcompact crossover that's sold in Europe from India to its plant in Romania.

It plans to invest up to 200 million euros in the Craiova factory to build the EcoSport.

The facility in Chennai, India will continue to produce the small crossover for the domestic as well as select export markets.

“EcoSport sales are up nearly 30 percent this year and given the continued outlook for sales growth in the small SUV segment, it’s the right time to move its production to Europe and take advantage of the excellent workforce and operations we have in Craiova”, said Jim Farley, president and CEO of Ford of Europe.

Production is expected to start in the autumn of 2017. Ford’s Romanian plant has, until now, been building the B-Max compact minivan and the turbocharged 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine.

Ford projects more than 200,000 crossover sales in the European market, which translates into a 30 per cent increase compared to last year’s results.
Courtesy - carscoop
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 09:59   #9863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post

TIA

Srinath
As I had posted before, prices of parts have been reduced. This should also be true for accessories. No harm in enquiring with your dealer. OR check out ebay - they have a load of ecosport accessories at cheaper prices.
Old 27th March 2016, 11:06   #9864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
So they are really pushing the local market. Good to see that.

Ford To Build Euro-Spec EcoSport In Romania

Courtesy - carscoop
Sales up by 30%? In Europe or India I wonder?
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 12:07   #9865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
Hi - Were you able to fix this issue? I own a Ecoboost and facing this issue. Some times when I do hard acceleration and when I release the accelerator, I hear this strange noise, kind of metal grinding sound. It certainly is not from engine bay. I hear it from under the body, some where near rear or middle portion. I plan to check it with service center. Anyone else facing this? Any clues?
Hi ndinesh. I'm so sorry for the late reply- kind of missed this post.

Yes I was able to get the issue rectified- Its an extra vibrating sound that is produced due to the lose fitting of the front panel above the headlamps. He tightened it correctly and the sound vanished
girish.purswani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 12:12   #9866
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I own a Silver Ecosport Titanium. I'm based out of mumbai and used to get my car serviced from AVK Automall (Based in Powai).

I had taken a Total Maintenance plan for 3 years from AVK. I have a certificate as well for the same which shows the start date and end date.

Now the issue is, AVK ran into loses apparently and has been now taken over by Kavish Ford. Kavish ford considers this Maintenance Plan as unauthorized and are not ready to consider it.

Any suggestions on how I should take up this issue? I have gotten a few email ids from the management of Kavish ford , whom Im going to shoot emails to.

Would reaching out to ford make more sense? Also, is anyone here in the same boat by any chance?

Before someone else says this, let me accept- #IFeelSoDumb.
girish.purswani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 12:51   #9867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.purswani View Post
Its an extra vibrating sound that is produced due to the lose fitting of the front panel above the headlamps. He tightened it correctly and the sound vanished
Do you mean the bonnet? If not, can you post a photo of the part that needed to be tightened? I've noticed this myself on a couple of occassions; felt it was the abs or pull-drift compensation at work.
hemant.kamat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 18:21   #9868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.purswani View Post
Hi Folks,

I own a Silver Ecosport Titanium. I'm based out of mumbai and used to get my car serviced from AVK Automall (Based in Powai).

I had taken a Total Maintenance plan for 3 years from AVK. I have a certificate as well for the same which shows the start date and end date.

Now the issue is, AVK ran into loses apparently and has been now taken over by Kavish Ford. Kavish ford considers this Maintenance Plan as unauthorized and are not ready to consider it.

Any suggestions on how I should take up this issue? I have gotten a few email ids from the management of Kavish ford , whom Im going to shoot emails to.

Would reaching out to ford make more sense? Also, is anyone here in the same boat by any chance?

Before someone else says this, let me accept- #IFeelSoDumb.
I think you will have to contest this with AVK and Kavish ford. Keep calling both the parties and enforce the fact that you have taken up the plan with AVK and you will have the get the service by the company which has taken up the original provider. However, IMO writing about this to ford wouldn't be of any help since the parties involved are only you, AVK and kavish ford. They will simply reply asking you to deal with the service provider directly.

In case things go out of hand and they are not ready to provide service, you can contest them with our legal system as the last resort.
satz581993Mille is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 20:12   #9869
BHPian

Test drove the ecosport 1.5 petrol manual last week (for around 10 kms.) and here are my observations.
1. The pickup seems to be very slow below 1-1.2k. The throttle really has to be pushed to get the car going. Strange coz this is not a diesel engine to have turbo lag or anything.
2. Once the car is near 2k I noticed it accelerates well and very silently.
3. Gears slotted perfectly and I observed almost no vibration on the gear lever when the car was moving.
4. Brakes were too sharp. Probably coz it was a relatively new vehicle.
5. I'm 5'9" and the front visibility was good. I was able to see the bonnett after adjusing the seat height slightly.
6. Space at front and back is excellent. Two six-footers can easily sit behind one another.
7. Width seemed to be slightly less. 3 well-built persons will not fit easily.
8. Golden Bronze and Mars Red look really good but Mars Red seemed slightly better to me.
9. The dealer is not offering any freebies on the trend version.
10. Delivery period is now around 15 days (in Hyderabad) from the day of booking for the petrol models. Did not ask if it's the same for diesel model and the ecoboost models.

Test drove i20 active 1.4 diesel (upto 6 kms.). Comparisions with ecosport are as follows:
1. Engine is a torque monster. Just releasing the clutch makes the car lunge forward, unlike the ecosport.
2. Very silent inside the cabin, can hardly hear the engine. Similar to ecosport petrol.
3. Leg space seemed slightly less than ecosport but adequate. One can't say there is less space. Width also seemed a shade extra to my wife but I didn't feel any significant difference compared to ecosport.
4. Build quality is lighter than ecosport.
5. Brakes were sharp but not as sharp as ecosport's.
6. Ride-quality wasn't as good as ecosport. I felt ecosport handled better and managed the bumps and potholes better.
6. View wasn't as commanding as ecosport but not as low as regular hatchbacks.
7. Delivery for petrol version is 15 days while diesel version is 30 days.
8. No discounts but might give accessories free if bargained hard.
9. Price-wise seems to be much expensive than ecosport diesel.

Checked out Brezza as well but did not test-drive as it was a Sunday and test-drives were not available. My observations and comparsions with i20 active and ecosport are as follows:
1. Lesser equipment on VDI (o) compared to ecosport trend version. Did not compare with i20 active.
2. Leg space didn't seem too much compared to ecosport. Felt similar to me. Width again was slightly better than ecosport and i20 active.
3. Build quality is lesser than ecosport, it also felt a shade lesser than i20.
4. Tyres are chunky (16 inchers) and look good.
5. Tail section looks a bit like a raised swift.
6. Front looks sexy and better than ecosport and i20 active.
7. Steering again is a disappointment compared to the chunky units one gets in ecosport and i20 active.

All observations mentioned above for all the three cars are my personal opinions from whatever little interaction I had with them and mean no offence to current car owners.

I'm looking to go for the petrol version as my travel would be around 600 to 800 kms per month on an average and the ecosport trend version has most of the features that I need except for the airbags.

Do you folks suggest that I go ahead with the petrol version keeping in mind that I'm someone who likes flooring the pedal and likes cruising at triple digit speed on the highways? I'm someone who doesn't drive rash but I like it fast and smooth. Is the petrol engine suitable for my requirements?

Kindly request the experienced folks here to enlighten me on whether this would be a good decision to take.
Old 28th March 2016, 21:23   #9870
Senior - BHPian

For your kinda driving range per month, its definitely a petrol.

Don't let go of safety features. ABS and Airbags, are a must. After paying lakhs, you should not hold back thousands. Get the one with Airbags.

Why not go for the Ecosport AT Petrol. Its good and comfortable and has a decent FE as well. Not sure if the i20 has an AT.
Desmosedici is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks