Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2014, 14:31   #8356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys I am looking for a new vehicle. I am really confused between Ford Fiesta 2014 and Ford Ecosport. The price difference between Ecosport Trend and Fiesta Ambiente is very less. Now please help me as to which one should I go for. I am finding Fiesta better but still I need your opinion. Hope to hear soon.

Ecosport being more popular will fetch better resale! I don't think ford managed to sell any of those 2014 fiestas, Atleast I haven't seen any on the pune roads hence continuity and spares may become an issue in future
Rajiv0909 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 15:49   #8357
BANNED

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshuchadha View Post
Jude, thanks buddy! The Dolphin Seat covers came pre-stitched made to the exact measurement of contours of the EcoSport seats. I verified this before fitting. They did not dismantle the seats. The central stitch on the seats were opened (both the back and bottom seats) and the seat covers were bucket fitted, the original cloth wasn't removed and is present beneath these covers . The quality is very good and for Rs.7000 these seemed a fair value. The person who came home and fitted them took Rs.700 as labour charges. He completed the job in front of me in about 3 hours.

Arun! I am attaching pics of the covers. Thanks for your wishes!!
Hi Himanshu - I've just bought an ecosport titanium K which has fabric seats. Can you please share the contact from where you got these covers as they look fabulous and fit and finish is excellent . Can you also tell me how are they fairing after almost 1.5 yrs of use ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Akhilesh
Old 12th December 2014, 16:21   #8358
BHPian

Hello.
I am having a problem with my ecosport. All 4 doors are giving current. Can anyone suggest the reason for the same.
Thanks in advance
Old 12th December 2014, 19:32   #8359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavukjain View Post
Hello.
I am having a problem with my ecosport. All 4 doors are giving current. Can anyone suggest the reason for the same.
Thanks in advance
I think you may be experiencing static electricity. I have experienced it in hot summers in all my different cars, when i get out of the aircon cabin and touch the door to close it.
There is a useful thread on this subject. Check it out.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ront-door.html
wilful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 20:57   #8360
BHPian

So guys there is a change in plan. Today I had gone to book Ford fiesta Ambiente. They told me that they don't have the base variant but only the top variant. So I went to the other dealer and they also said the same thing. The top variant costs close to 11L On Road. I do not want to spend so much as I've heard that a new Fiesta is about to come in 2015. Saw ecosport in the showroom and I feel in love with it. Took a test drive of Ecosport and just loved it. So I have booked Ecosport Trend variant. I have chosen Silver color. I was really wanting to go with black but it is very difficult to maintain. Tomorrow I will go and check out the smoke grey color.
Old 12th December 2014, 21:08   #8361
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So I have booked Ecosport Trend variant. I have chosen Silver color.
Congratulations on the booking! When do you expect to take delivery? I presume it's the diesel.

Silver is an easy colour to maintain, so well done on that. The smoke grey (dark grey), black and blue are among the harder colours to maintain, as they will easily show swirl marks.
Old 12th December 2014, 21:31   #8362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Congratulations on the booking! When do you expect to take delivery? I presume it's the diesel.

Silver is an easy colour to maintain, so well done on that. The smoke grey (dark grey), black and blue are among the harder colours to maintain, as they will easily show swirl marks.
Thanks a lot for the wishes. Yes it's diesel only. Tomorrow the SA will give all the details as to when I will get the delivery.

Last edited by HappyRoadie : 12th December 2014 at 21:33.
Old 13th December 2014, 13:59   #8363
BHPian

Quote:
The battery in your key fob seems to be weakening.

Firstly, try using your spare key fob. If the problem doesn't occur, then its almost certainly the battery that needs changing (instructions below).
Attachment 1317795
Hey thanks for the reply. One more question, if the battery is dying and the car is not able to detect it properly then how come that car is starting?
Old 13th December 2014, 17:38   #8364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
Hey thanks for the reply. One more question, if the battery is dying and the car is not able to detect it properly then how come that car is starting?
Good question :-)

The smart key system in the car interacts with the key fob for multiple things:
  • Detecting the key fob when the request button is pressed outside
  • Detecting the key fob when the start/stop button is pressed
  • Periodically polling the key fob to confirm it's present within the car

In your case, it's the last of these that's causing a problem, so I presume either the power used or the frequency used for this is more susceptible to a weak battery.

All said and done, this is probably the preferable outcome to warn you of a weak battery, since the other two result in loss of functionality.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2014, 08:23   #8365
BHPian

So I have finally decided the smoke grey color. Yesterday I had gone to the showroom to check the color in person and it was awesome. The SA has said that the car will be delivered by month end. So the wait begins.
Old 14th December 2014, 10:12   #8366
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Don't. Just don't. Your car touches the road at just 4 patches, why mess with the quality of those patches.

Tyres wear out with use, and with age. The rubber will harden, which will worsen grip and make the tire more susceptible to punctures and damage (e.g. sidewall tears on impact).

So, some years down the line, your spare tire will be as old and hard as the other 4 tires, even though its treads are fresh and deep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Thank you very much for those useful tips. Yes it made quite a crashing sound when we (actually my son was driving) hit that deep pit of a pothole last night. With visibility rendered worse by a slight drizzle he just didn't see it. And like you mentioned, I asked him to switch on the fog lamps right away. Spent the remainder of the evening brooding over it.
Very true. The suspension does make harsh sounds over rough potholes. Do not be alarmed. Alignment is not necessary in the middle of journey in my view.

On Tyres I have a different take. While agreeing totally with all above I let the spare remain a spare such that in case of a major Tyre failure requiring a single Tyre to be changed within 2 years of being bought I place its pair in spare and the spare plus one new as a fresh pair in the front of the vehicle. In case there is no such incident I buy 4 new tyres around 40,000 kms and the spare remains the spare further on as well. Keeping the spare out of the regular usage equation helps the balance of the vehicle as all tyres are then of exactly equal age and usage. Typically ford service centres do not do a 5 Tyre rotation unless we specifically ask for it.

Quote:
Guys I am looking for a new vehicle. I am really confused between Ford Fiesta 2014 and Ford Ecosport. The price difference between Ecosport Trend and Fiesta Ambiente is very less. Now please help me as to which one should I go for. I am finding Fiesta better but still I need your opinion. Hope to hear soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Fiesta IT IS... No doubts. Ecosport looks like contraption on road. It's neither here nor there.
Fiesta looks like well grown sedan, and with those Astin Martin looks, simply delicious.
Don't waste your money on ecosport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Woo hoo! Strong words, and particularly on this thread. It's best to do this on some other thread.

Most owners here are extremely happy with the Ecosport and the car really hasn't too many niggles. At the same time, it delivers a great comprehensive package for those of us, who tend to look beyond words like low-slung, butch etc.
I would say that most people who have used the Ecosport have enjoyed the practicality it offers.
Quote:
I think that's an excellent way of differentiating it - practicality vs. passion.

The features I like in the EcoSport are practical ones, like:
  • High seating position - for both visibility and reducing headlight glare
  • Ease of entry/egress
  • Compact dimensions
  • Safety kit

However, features that invoke passion in an enthusiast are handling, power, etc. which the EcoSport is weaker on in comparison to the Fiesta.

And yes, with respect to the post you quoted, looks are subjective and I like the looks of both the EcoSport and Fiesta
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Hear hear! While 'beauty is in the eyes of the beholder' or 'one man's food...' and so on - methinks contraption (in its negative connotation) is a trifle too strong a word for Ecosport. Of course there are many who hate its looks and will disagree with me. And yes - I'm beginning to love the practicality it brings to the table.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Exactly. I have the same to point out. Wife saw the car and fell for it on the spot. I had no intention to change my car but on seeing the Ecosport I was drawn towards it. Selling my old car, booking the ecosport happened in couple of days. I should say it's more of a passion rather than practicality as Arun pointed out. Of course, there are better cars when compared to the Ecosport but many points ticked for me which I had in mind when upgrading my car. When compared to my Swift, I know I made the right move and I am totally in love with car. So it's basically a personal choice rather than public view. I am sure many will agree with me.
Exact the FACTS of the matter are that most Indians liked the look of the Ecosport more than that of the Fiesta in part maybe due to the spare wheel mounted on the back. While the riding pleasure of the fiesta cannot be undermined the Eco sport offers the following additionally.

1) High ground clearance.
2) High water wading level that is higher than duster, Scorpio and Storme and closer to Fortuner/ Pajero levels.
3) More rugged exteriors - cladding etc.
4) More space overall.
5) Better visibility
6) vertical seating.
7) Easier entry and exit.
8) Better Auto Box - don't know for sure compared to the new refresh shape but compared to the previous one for sure.
9) Better resale as a factor of the above and sales.

Fiesta looks very good but evidently is too small sized on the exterior and subtle for Indian tastes. I love its looks but that would be if I were looking for a sedan in that segment.

Fiesta seats are better and it has more steering mounted control options in the top variant. The drive of course is more sporty.

Last edited by ACM : 14th December 2014 at 10:14.
ACM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2014, 22:59   #8367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavukjain View Post
Hello.
Thanks in advance
Since you live up north, I'd imagine it's just static electricity. Since the weather is dry these days and we tend to wear woolens our body builds up a lot of static which discharges as soon as you touch the metal on the car body. Try today, since it has been raining, I doubt you'll get current or atleast it won't be as much.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 10:31   #8368
BHPian

Does anyone know the validity of the Ecosport Pollution certificate. My EcoSport AT is 17 months old and has done 13,500 kms- When do I have to get the pollution test done ???
Old 15th December 2014, 11:33   #8369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
Does anyone know the validity of the Ecosport Pollution certificate. My EcoSport AT is 17 months old and has done 13,500 kms- When do I have to get the pollution test done ???
All new cars are good for 1 year (RC date or dealer invoice should suffice as proof), and thereafter you need to get a PUC every 6 months.

So, my friend, rush to your nearest PUC center and close this off
Old 16th December 2014, 09:48   #8370
BHPian

Hello Ecosportspeople,

Have you guys noticed that Sync clock loses time?
Over a month it falls behind by around 4-5 minutes. Is it just mine?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks