Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2014, 12:31   #8371
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Have you guys noticed that Sync clock loses time?
Over a month it falls behind by around 4-5 minutes. Is it just mine?
Very strange. I don't see this problem in my Aug 2013 car. I've run 7900 kms, so its not exactly a high-mileage car with an always charged battery.

My point of comparison is my cellphone, which syncs its time over the Internet, and I've not seen any drift, and definitely not as large as 4-5 minutes per month.

I wonder - is the timekeeper for Sync powered by the car battery (I'd expect this), or does it run off a separate battery (similar to computers)?
Old 16th December 2014, 13:24   #8372

Quote:
Hello Ecosportspeople,

Hi penpavan,

Mine is keeping correct time. I have a titanium diesel bought in May 2014 and run 10000 kms now.
ckrckr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 13:56   #8373
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Ecosportspeople,

Mine has lost about 2 mins over more than a year. It used to be behind my phone by 2 mins, and now they are even.
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 15:15   #8374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Mine has lost about 2 mins over more than a year. It used to be behind my phone by 2 mins, and now they are even.
It sure does. My case more evident.
Mine is among the first Ecosports to be delivered. Build date is June 2013.

I have done the Sync software update. (sep/oct 2013 not sure exact date). The update did lot of damage. Voice recognition and response have been very bad. Doesn't read out SMS any more. Not sure if time lag is part of the damage.
Am searching for another Sync update or wondering if I could restore the factory version.

During second service, the SA did not have the equipment to update Sync. Am living with the problems as of now.
Old 16th December 2014, 16:52   #8375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have done the Sync software update. (sep/oct 2013 not sure exact date). The update did lot of damage. Voice recognition and response have been very bad. Doesn't read out SMS any more. Not sure if time lag is part of the damage.
I had updated Sync in early September 2013. I hadn't used Sync prior to that extensively to see if the update worsened things. In general, I agree that voice recognition is quite poor, and I prefer using the voice recognition on my phone rather than Sync. At that time, I was impressed to see a Sync update just days after getting my car. However, since then its been radio silence

Does your handset support reading out SMSes, per this compatibility page? I was surprised (in a disappointed way) that Windows Phone 8.x don't support this feature.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 17:22   #8376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Does your handset support reading out SMSes, per this compatibility page? I was surprised (in a disappointed way) that Windows Phone 8.x don't support this feature.
That is surprising. I use a Lumia 925, and it reads out my SMSes, asks if I want to reply, then compose my message (I can dictate), and it sends the message out. My only issue is that it often does not recognize my "read it" and "ignore it" correctly.

And yes, I still haven't figured out how to say "call <somebody>". When I press the button on the steering wheel, I only seem to have an option on USB - like "play <something>". Any idea?
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 18:33   #8377
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford India recalls 20,752 EcoSports.

After the recent Duster ( Chennai assembled) rust surfaced on the exports to UK - Ford’s Chennai plant building Ecosport has corrosion issues, this time for the vapour and fuel line corrosion issue.

Quote:
EcoSport is being recalled and 20,752 units are being called back to the service stations for a fuel and vapour line corrosion concern. Ford will also be checking the EcoSports for reorienting the wiring harness for the right deployment of the side airbags. Vehicles which are affected have been manufactured between January 2013-September 2014
http://overdrive.in/news/ford-india-...752-ecosports/

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th December 2014 at 18:35.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 18:52   #8378
BHPian

Does anyone have any idea when the Ecopsort with the Sunroof is launching. I heard speculations around the AutoExpo of the same. From a different source, I also heard that the refresh will include cruise control and rain sensing wipers/Auto lights just like the fiesta facelift.

I also heard that the new model will sport 17 inch wheels Thanks

Last edited by Crazy_Bean : 16th December 2014 at 19:00.
Old 16th December 2014, 19:16   #8379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ford India recalls 20,752 EcoSports.

http://overdrive.in/news/ford-india-...752-ecosports/
Equivalent thread here too.

I checked a week ago for any field service actions (FSAs), there were none. Today, there are 2 FSAs:

Quote:
1 FSA Number: S1403
FUEL TUBE AND VAPOUR TUBE REPLACEMENT

2 FSA Number: S1411
RCM CONNECTOR WIRING

Last edited by arunphilip : 16th December 2014 at 19:23.
Old 17th December 2014, 00:13   #8380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Does anyone have any idea when the Ecopsort with the Sunroof is launching.
Caveat - this is pure speculation on my part. I don't expect to see a sunroof for the following reasons:
  • I believe we're too early in the EcoSport lifecycle for a facelift, since its been in the market for only 1.5 years. As a point of comparison, the Figo facelift came about 2.5 - 3 years after the original Figo was launched.
  • Likewise, there is no need for Ford to sex up the EcoSport with a facelift at this point, as they're not under any competitive pressure.
  • I checked the Ford UK site and the Ford Australia site and didn't see any sunroof option for them. Given that it appears none of the EcoSport models have a sunroof, I'd think it unlikely Ford India will launch a variant with a sunroof.
I'm pretty sure Ford's focus (no pun intended!) in 2015 will be the Ka hatchback and Ka+ entry-level sedan. Unlike Hyundai, Ford have consistently shown that they cannot successfully manage and market more than one product in their Indian portfolio at any given time, so all their energies will be focused on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
I also heard that the new model will sport 17 inch wheels
Hmm, this is interesting and possible. In the UK, Ford offers the below 17" alloy wheel. Given this option exists, its possible Ford could make it available in India too.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-blobserverq8bh3asj.jpg
The extremely stylish 17" alloy available as an option in the UK
However, it might not come standard on any variant, simply because 17" alloys will result in lower sidewall height, which will give us an even harsher ride in the EcoSport. At best, it will be an accessory, and we know all manufacturers have expensive alloys when cheaper options exist in the open market.
Old 17th December 2014, 13:51   #8381
BHPian

Quote:
Equivalent thread here too.

I checked a week ago for any field service actions (FSAs), there were none. Today, there are 2 FSAs:
I received an email from FORD India yesterday asking me to take my car to the service center for the fuel and vapor line replacement. The link, though, still does not list any FSA for my vehicle.
Mine is a August 2013 manufactured Ecoboost.
Old 17th December 2014, 13:59   #8382
BHPian

My vehicle (September 2013 make, 1.5 Litre Automatic) has also been listed for RCM Connector Wiring issue in the field service action plan. I guess this relates to Side Air Bags deployment. However, there is no mention of fuel and vapour line corrosion. Is this corrosion issue limited to Ecoboost/Diesel variants only? Did anyone having 1.5P variant have this listed in the field action plan?
Old 17th December 2014, 14:13   #8383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
My vehicle (September 2013 make, 1.5 Litre Automatic) has also been listed for RCM Connector Wiring issue in the field service action plan. I guess this relates to Side Air Bags deployment. However, there is no mention of fuel and vapour line corrosion. Is this corrosion issue limited to Ecoboost/Diesel variants only? Did anyone having 1.5P variant have this listed in the field action plan?
The RCM Wiring FSA relates to all EcoSports with 6 airbags.
The Fuel/Vapour Line FSA relates to the EcoBoost engine only, not the 1.5L petrol or diesel engines.

This has been determined by a process of elimination on the recall thread:

Quote:
Firstly, thanks for confirming - this means that the below rusting issue and FSA is limited to the EcoBoost engines.
Old 17th December 2014, 14:35   #8384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo View Post
I received an email from FORD India yesterday asking me to take my car to the service center for the fuel and vapor line replacement. The link, though, still does not list any FSA for my vehicle.
Mine is a August 2013 manufactured Ecoboost.
That's very strange that the website doesn't show you the FSA, given both yours and mine are EcoBoosts manufactured in the same month. Would you mind PMing me your VIN number, so I can check? I've sent you a PM with my VIN, for you to check yourself.
Old 17th December 2014, 16:48   #8385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
The Recall is for

1. Diesel Titanium Optional "(O)" which has 6 airbags
2. Petrol Ecoboost which has an ispection to be done in the fuel line.
3. Petrol with Titanium Optional (o) which is again for the airbags.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks