Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2014, 16:34   #8251
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
With AT version, you wont be missing too many features.
With the exception of leather seats not available in the AT, isn't the AT actually the most fully loaded variant, especially on safety features like emergency brake assist, stability control, traction control, hill-launch assist? Those are features that are exclusive to the AT.

And lets not forget the tweeters
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 18:13   #8252
BHPian

Hey guys, sorry if this has been pointed out before but i would like to know the average cost of 3rd service for Ecoboost powered car. The service guy is quoting me around Rs.7000 for it.

Also i lost just the mirror of left side ORVM three months back, at that time they quoted me Rs.3000 for the whole assembly as they said that only mirror isn't available.
Now after three months they are quoting Rs.5000 for a 3 wire harness system and Rs.9000 for 5 wire harness system. They say some cars have 3 wires and some 5 wires, and now only mirror is available for Rs.2200.
I can't understand this astronomical price increase. There justification is that ford changes spare parts pricing on a regular basis and that such jumps and decrease are quite common.
Kindly share your thoughts and also if possible someone send scan copy of their 3rd service invoice so i have a physical proof with me.

Thanks.
Old 14th November 2014, 18:18   #8253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Things start taking a turn for the worse if a 3rd passenger wants to squeeze in and join the party. In such a situation, it's advantage Duster all the way. Simply put, the EcoSport's backseat is suited to two occupants only. It's limited width results in a 3rd feeling terribly unwelcome.
At 1765 mm, the Ecosport is wider than all of the C-Segment sedans (City, Vento, Rapid, Verna etc) by a fair margin. Yet, it is said here that the 3rd passenger is terribly unwelcome in the rear bench. Therefore to logically extrapolate, the 3rd rear passenger should be equally (if not more) unwelcome in all the above mentioned sedans, no? Can somebody please confirm whether the Ecosport seats 3 abreast on the rear seat better (in terms of width) than the sedans? Or if is it the other way round then how is it that the spec sheet (with a width of 1765 mm) shows otherwise?
Old 14th November 2014, 18:53   #8254
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
At 1765 mm, the Ecosport is wider than all of the C-Segment sedans (City, Vento, Rapid, Verna etc) by a fair margin. Yet, it is said here that the 3rd passenger is terribly unwelcome in the rear bench. Therefore to logically extrapolate, the 3rd rear passenger should be equally (if not more) unwelcome in all the above mentioned sedans, no? Can somebody please confirm whether the Ecosport seats 3 abreast on the rear seat better (in terms of width) than the sedans? Or if is it the other way round then how is it that the spec sheet (with a width of 1765 mm) shows otherwise?
Width can be due to wheel arches that extend outwards. It doesn't directly relate to rear seat width.

The Etios is an example of this. It can seat 3 abreast but is still not the widest.

The doors are also thicker in the Ecosport.

Even when compared to the C segment sedans, the rear width is lesser than the cars you mentioned.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 01:20   #8255
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
Hey guys, sorry if this has been pointed out before but i would like to know the average cost of 3rd service for Ecoboost powered car. The service guy is quoting me around Rs.7000 for it.

Also i lost just the mirror of left side ORVM three months back, at that time they quoted me Rs.3000 for the whole assembly as they said that only mirror isn't available.
Now after three months they are quoting Rs.5000 for a 3 wire harness system and Rs.9000 for 5 wire harness system. They say some cars have 3 wires and some 5 wires, and now only mirror is available for Rs.2200.
I can't understand this astronomical price increase. There justification is that ford changes spare parts pricing on a regular basis and that such jumps and decrease are quite common.
My third service was about 6.5k they gave an approximation of about 7k. This included brake cleaning and also alignment and balancing which with weights was about 1.2k. This is for petrol AT.

I have benefited from the price change as I got the overhead glasses holder panel replaced for about Rs. 1250 including labour instead of it being about 3k earlier.
Old 15th November 2014, 15:36   #8256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
At 1765 mm, the Ecosport is wider than all of the C-Segment sedans (City, Vento, Rapid, Verna etc) by a fair margin. Yet, it is said here that the 3rd passenger is terribly unwelcome in the rear bench. Therefore to logically extrapolate, the 3rd rear passenger should be equally (if not more) unwelcome in all the above mentioned sedans, no?

The correct dimension to gauge the space and comfort for the third occupant would be "rear shoulder room". Unfortunately this figure is not highlighted often in the brochures, whereas exterior dimensions are given more importance.

The rear shoulder room in the Ecosport is just a shade over 1300 mm. The rear shoulder room in most C segment sedans is in the range of 1350 to 1390 mm, IIRC.
mooza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 16:15   #8257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Width can be due to wheel arches that extend outwards. It doesn't directly relate to rear seat width.

The Etios is an example of this. It can seat 3 abreast but is still not the widest.

The doors are also thicker in the Ecosport.

Even when compared to the C segment sedans, the rear width is lesser than the cars you mentioned.
Well i agree that rear seat of Ecosport is not as wide as C segment sedan. I feel it is primarily because of seat design and thicker doors.
However it is a different story in the front.I can clearly see that in the front,there is lot more shoulder room in Ecosport compared to our Vento.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 21:28   #8258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post

Well i agree that rear seat of Ecosport is not as wide as C segment sedan. I feel it is primarily because of seat design and thicker doors.
However it is a different story in the front.I can clearly see that in the front,there is lot more shoulder room in Ecosport compared to our Vento.
Ecosport has one of the thickest door pads seen in cars below 10L. In comparison, the city has a door pad that is just about half of that of the ecosport.
Old 16th November 2014, 06:32   #8259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Ecosport has one of the thickest door pads seen in cars below 10L. In comparison, the city has a door pad that is just about half of that of the ecosport.
Is this to enhance safety or is it for noise insulation? I've also been wondering about these thick door pads.
Old 16th November 2014, 09:33   #8260
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Is this to enhance safety or is it for noise insulation? I've also been wondering about these thick door pads.
I'd think that this is more to do with ergonomics and design than insulation and safety(how safety?).

Generally the door panel thickness is linked to the inward slope angle from the window sill line to the roof. If the angle is inward, like in sx4, Linea for example, the panels are thicker as otherwise there will be room near the waist line even when your shoulders are fully touching the windows! Or if your seat is fitted properly aligned with the shoulder line, there will be an eyesore vacant space besides the seat + door panel armrest will be placed unergonomically away from you. Thus, the wider/thicker door panels are generally used in cars where the lower half is much wider than upper.

The panels are hollow plastic so no safety purpose. Nobody uses the volume inside to install more reinforcements.

Last edited by Reinhard : 16th November 2014 at 09:51.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2014, 15:32   #8261
Senior - BHPian

A little over a month with our new AT, I have found that effeciency on the mid has improved to 9.7 km/l from 7.8 earlier, upshifts also occur when we reach about 2200 RPM where as upshifts were above 2500 Rpm earlier. If we leave the throttle and coast in gear, down shifts occur at about 1250RPM, where as if we provide even a feathers touch to the accelerator, there is a down shift if we are at 1600 RPM or below. 6th is now being engaged at about 70 down from 85 earlier.

The software to trigger a down shift is set so sensitive, that we don't load the engine at all, so one can never get a feel of the torque it can generate.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 15:53   #8262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Can the existing owners of EcoSport 1.5 Petrol and 1.0 EcoBoost post the real world fuel efficiency figures?

Also, how is the driveability in congested city traffic? Which suits more to heavy traffic, 1.5 P or 1.0 Ecoboost?

I am fine with few missing features, if the FE and driveability are drastically different.

Thanks in advance.
I live in Hyderabad and have a Ecoboost and in City traffic I am getting 9.8-10.5 on an average. On highway if you keep the RPM around 1800 to 2000 in 5th gear on higway, you will get more than 18.5 and I have got that. If you go past 2000 RPM the mileage drops significantly. Last month I have gone for a long trip of 900 KM and I got an average of 9.8. The roads were really good and the RPM was always more than 3.5. Driveability in city is ok. The biggest problem in slow moving traffic. The Gearing is long and you have to keep yourself in first or second gear.
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 19:57   #8263
BHPian

Any idea on the waiting time for EcoSport AT version in Bangalore? When I checked with Elite Ford, they were quoting 4 - 6 months. How is Elite Ford, any feedback? All other Ford showrooms are halfway across the city for me (Whitefield).
Old 17th November 2014, 23:07   #8264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
Any idea on the waiting time for EcoSport AT version in Bangalore? When I checked with Elite Ford, they were quoting 4 - 6 months. How is Elite Ford, any feedback? All other Ford showrooms are halfway across the city for me (Whitefield).
I checked with Kaveri Ford, Magadi road. They mentioned 3 months.
Old 18th November 2014, 17:27   #8265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
Any idea on the waiting time for EcoSport AT version in Bangalore? When I checked with Elite Ford, they were quoting 4 - 6 months. How is Elite Ford, any feedback?
Dont know how good, but Elite Ford is run by the same folks who also run Dakshin Honda and VW Bangalore (Elite Motors). They are part of the PCH Group. I have had a very satisfying experience with Dakshin, but no experience with either their VW or Ford dealerships.

When I had checked with Metro Ford, they indicated 2 months, but also left it open by saying if you confirm a couple of color choices, we can try and get it for you in a month's time. So it all depends on how much urgency you display. Helps if you know someone higher up in the hierarchy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks