Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2014, 14:35   #8281
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Facing a lot of issues in my 2013 Ecosport Titanium TDCI.
1. Front Power windows was not functioning properly , was solved after 5 visit to workshop.
2. Steering started vibrating above 100km/hr in highway. Rajshree Ford service advisor says every car has this problem.
3. One day while starting the car multiple errors started appearing on the HU display screen like ABS Failure, Key not detected . Later the issue was resolved because the battery was weak so many errors started appearing.
4. 1 week after leaving the car in Ford for charging the battery overnight, the car had been on highway and the car refused to start since the battery died. Ford people came to the rescue in 30 min in the highway and charged the battery now after coming home the car was sent for battery check and they changed the battery with no charge.

Overall unhappy with Rajshree Ford Service. Definitely the worst experience till date. Hope someone from Ford gets to read this.
Old 27th November 2014, 14:47   #8282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Facing a lot of issues in my 2013 Ecosport Titanium TDCI.
Firstly, my sympathies, I can only imagine how anguishing this can be.

Quote:
Front Power windows was not functioning properly , was solved after 5 visit to workshop.
Was this a mechanical issue (e.g. window jamming, runner alignment issue), or electrical? Do you have any sunfilm fitted? Also, did they provide an explanation of what was changed in each of the attempts, and what was the final solution?

Quote:
Steering started vibrating above 100km/hr in highway. Rajshree Ford service advisor says every car has this problem
The SA's response is not convincing - I've crossed the ton and have not felt these vibrations on well tarred roads (e.g. Bangalore to Salem to Coimbatore). Have you tried getting a wheel alignment and wheel balancing done from outside the dealer, at a recommended tire shop? Have you noticed any uneven wear on your tires? Are you running the stock tires/alloys?

Quote:
One day while starting the car multiple errors started appearing on the HU display screen like ABS Failure, Key not detected . Later the issue was resolved because the battery was weak so many errors started appearing.
1 week after leaving the car in Ford for charging the battery overnight, the car had been on highway and the car refused to start since the battery died. Ford people came to the rescue in 30 min in the highway and charged the battery now after coming home the car was sent for battery check and they changed the battery with no charge.
Those symptoms are typical of a weak/failing battery. However, its surprising that these problems are coming up in a car this new.

Are you running patterns such that you don't use your car for long stretches, or do you use the electricals a lot while at a standstill? Have the service guys checked to see the alternator is charging the battery adequately?
Old 27th November 2014, 14:57   #8283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Firstly, my sympathies, I can only imagine how anguishing this can be.

Was this a mechanical issue (e.g. window jamming, runner alignment issue), or electrical? Do you have any sunfilm fitted? Also, did they provide an explanation of what was changed in each of the attempts, and what was the final solution?
Thanks Arun for your response. Actually the car had a minor accident 6 months back the front door had a slight impact. Apparently due to the impact the windows were unable to go up fully in normal speed and used to get stuck at times. The Dealer took atleast 5-6 times to inspect and then solve.

Quote:
The SA's response is not convincing - I've crossed the ton and have not felt these vibrations on well tarred roads (e.g. Bangalore to Salem to Coimbatore). Have you tried getting a wheel alignment and wheel balancing done from outside the dealer, at a recommended tire shop? Have you noticed any uneven wear on your tires? Are you running the stock tires/alloys?
I have done the wheel balancing recently at the dealer. Yes im running on stock tires. This problem does not occur very often but it is still scary.

Quote:
Are you running patterns such that you don't use your car for long stretches, or do you use the electricals a lot while at a standstill? Have the service guys checked to see the alternator is charging the battery adequately?
My car has done 24000 km in 16 odd months and the car is used on regular basis. Only on occasions the music system is on for 2-3 min when i park and wait for someone else i dont use any electricals during stand still . The battery has now been replaced so lets hope some issues get resolved. But still unhappy with the dealers pathetic service.
Old 27th November 2014, 15:04   #8284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Actually the car had a minor accident 6 months back the front door had a slight impact. Apparently due to the impact the windows were unable to go up fully in normal speed and used to get stuck at times. The Dealer took atleast 5-6 times to inspect and then solve.
OK, the impact would have caused the runners to bend slightly causing this issue. But its sloppiness on their part to have not detected it at the very beginning, and to have taken so long to rectify it. I only hope you did not have to pay for the subsequent visits?

Quote:
I have done the wheel balancing recently at the dealer. Yes im running on stock tires. This problem does not occur very often but it is still scary.
Can you get the balancing done outside and see if the problem persists? I'm not very familiar with the car scene in Coimbatore, but if you ask around, you'll be able to get a well-recommended shop to do this.

Quote:
My car has done 24000 km in 16 odd months and the car is used on regular basis. Only on occasions the music system is on for 2-3 min when i park and wait for someone else i dont use any electricals during stand still . The battery has now been replaced so lets hope some issues get resolved. But still unhappy with the dealers pathetic service.
OK, with that amount of running, I'm surprised you've faced battery issues. Has the vehicle been in use away from you for any duration, where someone might have inadvertently drained the battery? For instance, not closing the rear hatch fully can keep the boot light on.

Or are there any electrical accessories that have been fitted on - either by the dealer or outside - that might be causing leakage?

Fingers crossed that you just had a bad battery.
Old 28th November 2014, 20:21   #8285
BANNED

Ford EcoSport now on Sale in CSD and Central Police Canteens

Quote:
Launched in the year 2013, Ford EcoSport sub-compact SUV has now been made available for sale in Canteen Stores Department (CSD) and Central Police Canteen across the country. Ford India already sells its Classic, Figo and Endeavour to serving personnel and ex-servicemen through these stores.

Ford will also provide exclusive benefits to servicemen including priority delivery subject to variant availability, along with standard benefits offered under CSD and CPC.
SOURCE: http://auto.ndtv.com/news/id-705521

Anurag.
Old 29th November 2014, 09:35   #8286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
The latest on road prices in Tiruppur, but should be common for rest of Tamil Nadu as well.

They have added front chrome grill, vinyl seat cover and car cover with the list of actual 'essential pack'.
Update: I meant the AT version in the below post. It has side airbags and cannot have seat covers in them. They have reduced 7K for the Titanium (O) variants for diesel/1.0 Petrol.

If the Titanium (O) pack doesn't contain Seat covers, why is it costing the same as the Titanium Essential pack when all other items are the same? So will they give the seat covers for free
Ideally it should cost less. But 30K on essential pack sounds like a whole load of crap to me.

I hope they are not making it mandatory. I think one can safely buy it outside as per their requirements and at lesser cost.

Robbery by the dealers, to put it simply.

Last edited by SchumiFan : 29th November 2014 at 09:50.
Old 29th November 2014, 10:31   #8287
BHPian

Why can anyone not challenge the whole essential pack thing legally. They have no right to sell stuff 'mandatory' with any car. Eco Sport has had its better days with year long waiting periods and all. Now there are more models on the market, Ford can ill-afford such things.
Old 29th November 2014, 16:43   #8288
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadbike View Post
Why can anyone not challenge the whole essential pack thing legally. They have no right to sell stuff 'mandatory' with any car. Eco Sport has had its better days with year long waiting periods and all. Now there are more models on the market, Ford can ill-afford such things.
It is NOT essential just over priced so no need to challenge just don't purchase. It is an optional pack.

They only insist on the roughly 4-5k standard pack which is worth about 3-4k and again hence not worth fighting for though if one insisted they would waive this off. But this stuff is really essential though not named essential.

Quote:
Actually the car had a minor accident 6 months back the front door had a slight impact. Apparently due to the impact the windows were unable to go up fully in normal speed and used to get stuck at times. The Dealer took atleast 5-6 times to inspect and then solve.
Have faced this issue in my front passenger window since the start without an accident and though it gets a bit better after servicing the guys in two service centres have not really been able to solve it fully even after 4 attempts. May push them to replace the lining next time.
Old 29th November 2014, 17:15   #8289
BHPian

Does anyone know how the chrome inserts in the door inner panels can be removed? I hear quite a few squeaks from these. I was planning on removing these inserts and then fixing them again after applying some adhesive - a rubber based one for instance.
Old 30th November 2014, 09:51   #8290
Senior - BHPian

Just got this email from Ford India. There seem to be discount on below mentioned accessories.

Headlight Protector
Protect those snazzy headlamps from minor scratches and more.

Before: Rs. 5,377
Now: Rs. 3,877*

Side Graphics
Add to the SUV-ness of your EcoSport with these side graphics.

Before: Rs. 3,010
Now :Rs. 1,510*

Roof Rack Tray
Give your EcoSport a sporty look and get more space to lug your baggage around.

Before: Rs. 6,961
Now: Rs. 5,461*

Bug Deflector
Those annoying insects will never hit your windshield again. Swat those bugs with style.

Before : Rs. 5,999
Now: Rs. 3,999*

Thought this might be of help to new and existing buyers.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 01:57   #8291
Senior - BHPian

Found this video of a little off road adventure in Ecosport (watch after 3:00) Sorry, its not in english but was surprised to see what this little suv is capable off (maybe its the awd version) Yesterday, i had to rush my dog to the vet as he was serious and we were stuck in a huge traffic jam, turned the steering to full left, made full use of the 200 MM ground clearance as the car comfortable jumped a huge full sized divider, hopped into the service lane and took an alternate route while other cars watched in awe

Last edited by coolboy007 : 1st December 2014 at 01:58.
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 02:11   #8292
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice video. But sadly for us that one seems to be a 4x4 variant that we don't have access to.
Old 1st December 2014, 07:01   #8293
AAD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=VsnqizeRcX4

Found this video of a little off road adventure in Ecosport (watch after 3:00) Sorry, its not in english but was surprised to see what this little suv is capable off (maybe its the awd version) Yesterday, i had to rush my dog to the vet as he was serious and we were stuck in a huge traffic jam, turned the steering to full left, made full use of the 200 MM ground clearance as the car comfortable jumped a huge full sized divider, hopped into the service lane and took an alternate route while other cars watched in awe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Nice video. But sadly for us that one seems to be a 4x4 variant that we don't have access to.

I beg to differ. The Ecosport tested in the Video is the 1.0 L Ecoboost Petrol, 2 wheel drive version. If you observe closely during the Video, wheelspin happens only on front wheels while negotiating the slushy part of the test track.

To the best of my knowledge, 4x 4 version is only available in Brazil with 2.0l Petrol.
AAD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 10:31   #8294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD View Post
I beg to differ. The Ecosport tested in the Video is the 1.0 L Ecoboost Petrol, 2 wheel drive version. If you observe closely during the Video, wheelspin happens only on front wheels while negotiating the slushy part of the test track.

To the best of my knowledge, 4x 4 version is only available in Brazil with 2.0l Petrol.
Yes - according to the person/s who uploaded the video, it is a 2wd version.
So - WOW!! Makes me feel good about my 'hatch on stilts' as it has been described so often.
Pity it is not in English - would have been interesting to get the gist of what they said.

Last edited by wilful : 1st December 2014 at 10:33.
Old 1st December 2014, 12:05   #8295

Folks, my friend is planning to upgrade his ecosport headlight with 90/100 Philips XV with relay. any problems/drawback or anything to watch out using the same. did anyone upgraded their lights? pls provide your feedback.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks