Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2024, 00:11   #12901
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by typlo View Post
Hi Everyone,

The big pro for this setup is that I did not want to replace the factory headunit and wanted to spend the minimum amount (spent just 2.6k for the Carlinkit adapter). I have the process well documented so if anyone wants to do this on Ecosport/Aspire/Figo that has a FlyAudio unit, let me know. I can make a separate post for this.

Attachment 2545368
I think this will be a very popular thread once published and some members have evinced their interests already. Please share the details on the work done, I would be very eager to follow it as well.
Old 12th April 2024, 14:33   #12902
BHPian

FYI ecosport owners, please get your gear linkages checked and replaced regularly, I didn't do that and after 70k kms mine failed and the car is stuck in first gear!
I believe it also applies to Figo and a few other Ford cars. I can't fathom why is it a cheap plastic part.
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 11:41   #12903
BHPian

Hi All,

I own a 2015 Ecopsort TDCI, haven't been much active on this thread. I have done about 106000 kms as of today and had a few things changed recently. I'm planning to prepare a detailed ownership review soon.

In the recent times, the car has been performing flawlessly, and was due for service. Thought would be a good idea to get it done at ASC since it had crossed 1L kms. Everything was ok, and just general things like engine oil, filter etc. were replaced s per schedule. However, got a call just before the promised delivery time saying some problem with the Fan Motor and it's not running which will in turn have a problem in running AC. Went and inspected and gave a go ahead to change the same. My worry is how could a part just fail in a few hours, as I've never experienced any problems with AC in all these 9 years of ownership.

Anyways, I was ok in spending that money considering the age of the vehicle, but the problem started after that. Got the MIL just a few days after service and never got the time to visit them due to busy schedule. However, borrowed the OBDII adapter from a friend and upon checking it had errors related to MAF sensor, upon inspection I found that the plug was loose and fixing it snug, removed the error.

The other error seems to be there even today, on visit to ASC, they say there is no such error. Had dropped off my car recently for Rotors and Caliper change which was suggested in last service. The problem I'm facing is basically at idling and low speeds at around 850-1250 rpms, with the AC on, there is a certain resonating sound which is irritating. As soon as the AC is switched off, the noise goes off. Apparently, the SA told me its due to the condenser being dirty and a pressure was should solve it. I'm not too convinced though.

Found another problem yesterday when I was inspecting under the hood. The part below was just not connected anywhere, and I very well remember there was a pipe that was connected. On doing some fiddling, found a hanging tube near the gearbox, did some research online and realized it was a breather for gearbox. How can they forget connecting something like this in the first place. Wonder what all they would have missed.

Attaching the error code and part that was unconnected below for reference. Any pointers will help.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20240428_124707.jpg

Notice the bracket on radiator fan being empty due to the tube that's missing on the part on top of radiator.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20240220_112416.jpg

Also, have a peculiar Ecosport Boot release actuator issue. I was told to replace the entire lock assembly for around 7K+ installation. Is there any way this can be repaired?
Old 13th May 2024, 11:49   #12904
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hi, I own a 2020 BS-VI Ecosport diesel with 41K Odo. In recent highway runs, whilst crossing 90 kmph the vehicle shudders and seem to be laggard. Only after pressing the A-pedal with little more force, the shudder disappears and thereafter swift acceleration is witnessed to reach 100 kmph.

Any idea as to what causes the shuddering and temporary loss of power?

Will be glad to receive your experts views on this.

Thanks.
Old 16th May 2024, 14:12   #12905

Fellow EcoSport Owners!
My 2016 diesel work-horse has served me 111000 KM until now and it’s going strong (touchwood). There were no issues apart from the regular maintenance and periodical services. Changed the timing belt at around 90K along with the clutch overhaul. In the recent service, the mechanic advised suspension overhaul and steering overplay issue.

I used to live in Hyd and now moved to Chennai. I enquired a couple of FNGs about these jobs and they are quoting 50000+ which I feel is on the higher side.

I would appreciate if any owners here recommend trustworthy FNGs or ASAs either in Chennai or Hyderabad. Also, what would be the estimate for overall suspension change for EcoSport (MY 2016, TDCi, Manual)

Here is my 8 year old Darkhorse!!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_2560.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_2471.jpeg  

TheEcoBeast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 00:27   #12906
BHPian

'13 EcoSport - My sanam, through thick and thin.

My Sanam, through thick and thin. High school, undergraduate, post graduate, new bonds, farewells, new city, college bunks, new jobs, getting married, first kid; you name it. From rash driving to maturing up, she's seen it all.

The tough times didn't last but she did; without skipping a beat. 11 years and not one instance of being stranded on the road, not even for a flat tyre. She's been the most perfect companion, a few days without driving and I want to get back in the drivers seat, not just of any car but exactly my Ecosport.

She's been maintained better than the factory maintenance schedule. Mild mid life updates like the stage 1+ wolf remap, green performance air filter, bi-xenon projector fog lamps and Rockford coaxials have kept her on par with current cars on the road, if not more, and have played their part of keeping me very well entertained.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20230518_180256.jpg

For years I've scoured team bhp and used car websites (I still do) for an upgrade but nothing seems to catch my fancy. Great handling, power, illumination, better AC than some newer cars, good stereo with potential for modding (it's got a great soundstage) top notch build and solid paint quality, stellar fuel economy, good after sales support (yes, even after fords exit). It can't all be rosy, right?

My car, being the 30th ecosport to be delivered in Hyderabad was plagued with interior rattles, although very minor (I love me a dead silent cabin). A roll of double sided tape and some foam sufficed. Early model ecosports (2013-15) also have the most expensive spares. My most expensive repair was of an intermittently working AC compressor which costed 47k rupees. The door locks like to fail on you randomly; you won't be stranded but you'd be driving with a door that won't close. 5-6k a pop. The car simply does not enjoy being driven in b2b city traffic, the hard ish clutch and the anti stall rpm thingy can get annoying and new drivers will find it difficult to drive smoothly in traffic. These items were the most annoying parts of ownership; in hindsight much better than what some cars make you go through.

Some specs and trivia:
I seem to get better fuel economy when driving hard. Seriously. 19-21 kmpl with constant ripping is normal.

11 years and I haven't changed a single bulb that came with the car; headlights, stop lamps, cabin lights etc. Real strange. I use stock headlights as DRLs now that I have bixenon projectors. Key fob battery is also factory.

96k kms and I'm still on factory brake pads and rotors. Brake feel is top-notch, very progressive and Ford like.

The car came with a standard 3 year warranty and we did not opt for extended. Ford replaced my clutch plate which is a wear item under goodwill at the 5th year (due to a judder issue, took some back and forth on emails though).

She has not crossed more than 10k kms between oil changes. Average is 7k kms.

I personally (and obsessively) wash and wax the car myself. Hardly 4-5 pressure washes done (outside of Ford) in it's lifetime. She still shines like a 2-3 year old car.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20210915_163625.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20231206_080223.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20200531_013751.jpg

Future mods planned:
Cobra 30mm lowering springs
Amplifier and subwoofer
Decat downpipe and stage 2 (when she's no longer my primary vehicle)
EBC yellow stuff brake pads (are these better than OEM?)

Cars I'm potentially considering for the future:
Used Octavia/Jetta/A3/O3 TDI DSG
W212 E250d
Crysta 2.8 AT
Endeavour
MUX
Scorpio 4x4
Thar 4x4.

It's a varied list, but they are all competent tourers. For now, Sanam is my primary. Finalizing something that ticks all the right boxes is a task and implementing is gonna be a costly affair. I'm open to all suggestions, TIA.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20190629_134005.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20201006_182826.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20230613_171016.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd May 2024 at 17:30. Reason: Over-speeding reference deleted. Spacing
Taha Mir is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 00:48   #12907
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: '13 EcoSport - My sanam, through thick and thin.

That’s a tasteful car right there. Make it a proper sleeper and you’d be grinning ear to ear!

Unfortunately, we’d be selling our 1.5 Dragon Petrol pretty soon. I’d have liked to tune it if it weren’t for the logistics of shipping the car back home.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 22:16   #12908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
Hi All,

Also, have a peculiar Ecosport Boot release actuator issue. I was told to replace the entire lock assembly for around 7K+ installation. Is there any way this can be repaired?
Known issue, there has been a global recall but not in India. Get it replaced for peace of mind, got mine for 6k. The other door locks are bound to go too. I carry a rope with me to keep the door closed in case it happens far from a service center.
Taha Mir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 13:17   #12909
BHPian

I am in the same buyer level. My Ecosport turns 10 this year. There were very few things going wrong in the 10 year period. The sunglass holder closing lever cracked due to heat. I replaced it, the rear ford badge fell on my last long trip. And the antenna wire down and had to be replaced. But that’s all.
The stock lights still work, all lights work without issue.
The sealing of doors is perfect till now. No water comes in at any time, whatever amount of rain falls.
The front plastic tray over bonnet was chewed by rats. It was not much damage as I taped it, but then I decided to replace it.
I did not go for mods because I do not trust any changes, particularly electrical.
My Ecosport is little bruised by some tree branches falling on bonnet. I am planning to fix that this year.
RunGaDa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 16:41   #12910
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEcoBeast View Post
In the recent service, the mechanic advised suspension overhaul and steering overplay issue.

I used to live in Hyd and now moved to Chennai. I enquired a couple of FNGs about these jobs and they are quoting 50000+ which I feel is on the higher side.

I would appreciate if any owners here recommend trustworthy FNGs or ASAs either in Chennai or Hyderabad. Also, what would be the estimate for overall suspension change for EcoSport (MY 2016, TDCi, Manual)
Please go to Dhruv Ford in Pallikaranai and approach Mahalingam, the Test Driver. He will assist you. They provide excellent service.

For FNG, please ping me.
Old 24th May 2024, 06:13   #12911

Thank you, Good Sir. I will check with them and I will ping you for the FNG.

I have changed tyres to Continue UC6s. It’s only been a week and I am gearing up for a long-term review once the suspension work is done.
Old 24th May 2024, 08:07   #12912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
The tough times didn't last but she did; without skipping a beat. 11 years and not one instance of being stranded on the road, not even for a flat tyre.
I can echo all these sentiments. Even though my Ecosport had the wiring harness replaced (which I have documented somewhere on the facelift official review thread); it never left me stranded. Even when it went into limp mode for the above mentioned problem, it allowed me to pull safely to the side. Mine is in the 6th year and at 29,000 km on the clock, and I realize there are hardly any cars from 2023-24 which can hold a candle to the Ecosport. It was a stellar car that was produced by Ford in India. Today if I have to get a similar type of car, I will probably have to look beyond the 20 lakh rupee border. In 2018, Ford charged me only 10.90 lakhs for my brown Titanium - possibly less than half the price of what car companies charge you today to own these basic features. As you have mentioned, the hard clutch makes it challenging in traffic, but the rest of the car more than makes up for it. My Ecosport is drunkard though, it hardly gives me 10-11 kmpl with the dragon engine in the traffic. Out on the highway it goes upto 12-13 kmpl but never beyond that.

So technically, it would be a wrong decision to replace a perfectly working car, but my heart is set on the Elevate. I want a similar trouble free car, but with an automatic transmission. Life is all about making tough choices, and whether to give up things that you really love, to get those things that you really love!
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 22:13   #12913
Senior - BHPian

Hello Ecosportians,

Has any of you put a seat gap filler in your car? There are a few listed on Amazon, some of which have a slender storage along the length. But as I am not sure if those would fit in the narrow gap of the car, i have not gone for one yet. I am also not sure if those would interfere with reaching the handbrake freely, so I am planning for one on the passenger's side initially.

Any pointers? Mine is a Sports diesel version of 2021 make.
Old 29th May 2024, 11:00   #12914

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
For years I've scoured team bhp and used car websites (I still do) for an upgrade but nothing seems to catch my fancy. Great handling, power, illumination, better AC than some newer cars, good stereo with potential for modding (it's got a great soundstage) top notch build and solid paint quality, stellar fuel economy, good after sales support (yes, even after fords exit). It can't all be rosy, right?
For now, Sanam is my primary. Finalizing something that ticks all the right boxes is a task and implementing is gonna be a costly affair. I'm open to all suggestions, TIA.
Brother, trust me I battle the thought of changing my 2016 Ecosport aka Groot, every passing year. They don't make cars like that, at that price, any more. I just can't think of shelling out 15laks + for a sub standard machine with dozens of gizmos and no driving pleasure. Have had my eyes on the Scorpio N for a while but am not impressed with the Mahindra after sales or the car's quality. I guess I'll wait for Ford to re-enter.
Look forward to your post when you buy a new one!
Seshadri Kannan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2024, 17:22   #12915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
So on further investigation by self, I found the relay for Fan Motor Highspeed(R1) missing from the Fuse Box under the hood. Wonder if that was the reason the AC want working at the first place and they made me replace the entire fan motor assembly and related parts for over 15K ? Just to be sure replaced the relay and checked in OBD, the error disappeared. I really am not sure about Ford's up to, especially after this incident I'm absolutely upset. In 9 years+ ownership I have never had any concerns. Also i visited the ASC with the same concern and they deny it even being there and need a day to check if it really has a relay or not. Sometimes these ASC's think they know everything, but when an informed customer tries to show them their place, they just show their arrogance. Can anyone check their Fusebox if the relay is there or not and share a pic. Mine's a 2015 Ecosport TDCI Titanium+
kaushiksudra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed