Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2024, 00:11   #12901
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by typlo View Post
Hi Everyone,

The big pro for this setup is that I did not want to replace the factory headunit and wanted to spend the minimum amount (spent just 2.6k for the Carlinkit adapter). I have the process well documented so if anyone wants to do this on Ecosport/Aspire/Figo that has a FlyAudio unit, let me know. I can make a separate post for this.

Attachment 2545368
I think this will be a very popular thread once published and some members have evinced their interests already. Please share the details on the work done, I would be very eager to follow it as well.
Old 12th April 2024, 14:33   #12902
BHPian

FYI ecosport owners, please get your gear linkages checked and replaced regularly, I didn't do that and after 70k kms mine failed and the car is stuck in first gear!
I believe it also applies to Figo and a few other Ford cars. I can't fathom why is it a cheap plastic part.
Old 29th April 2024, 11:41   #12903
BHPian

Hi All,

I own a 2015 Ecopsort TDCI, haven't been much active on this thread. I have done about 106000 kms as of today and had a few things changed recently. I'm planning to prepare a detailed ownership review soon.

In the recent times, the car has been performing flawlessly, and was due for service. Thought would be a good idea to get it done at ASC since it had crossed 1L kms. Everything was ok, and just general things like engine oil, filter etc. were replaced s per schedule. However, got a call just before the promised delivery time saying some problem with the Fan Motor and it's not running which will in turn have a problem in running AC. Went and inspected and gave a go ahead to change the same. My worry is how could a part just fail in a few hours, as I've never experienced any problems with AC in all these 9 years of ownership.

Anyways, I was ok in spending that money considering the age of the vehicle, but the problem started after that. Got the MIL just a few days after service and never got the time to visit them due to busy schedule. However, borrowed the OBDII adapter from a friend and upon checking it had errors related to MAF sensor, upon inspection I found that the plug was loose and fixing it snug, removed the error.

The other error seems to be there even today, on visit to ASC, they say there is no such error. Had dropped off my car recently for Rotors and Caliper change which was suggested in last service. The problem I'm facing is basically at idling and low speeds at around 850-1250 rpms, with the AC on, there is a certain resonating sound which is irritating. As soon as the AC is switched off, the noise goes off. Apparently, the SA told me its due to the condenser being dirty and a pressure was should solve it. I'm not too convinced though.

Found another problem yesterday when I was inspecting under the hood. The part below was just not connected anywhere, and I very well remember there was a pipe that was connected. On doing some fiddling, found a hanging tube near the gearbox, did some research online and realized it was a breather for gearbox. How can they forget connecting something like this in the first place. Wonder what all they would have missed.

Attaching the error code and part that was unconnected below for reference. Any pointers will help.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20240428_124707.jpg

Notice the bracket on radiator fan being empty due to the tube that's missing on the part on top of radiator.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20240220_112416.jpg

Also, have a peculiar Ecosport Boot release actuator issue. I was told to replace the entire lock assembly for around 7K+ installation. Is there any way this can be repaired?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks