Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2023, 01:16   #12751
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporteco1.5drgn View Post
I had the same issue, but with a power loss. It happens usually while coldstarts and when i cover about 500 m the car warns me with "see manual" and i cannot accelerate as usual. There will be high vibrations too. After my research through web and forums, i realised that the car automatically goes into a mode where it's powertrain is not further damaged.
I faced the same issues 2 days ago. Loss of power while driving, and vibrations like there's something wrong with the starter, when i tried to switch it off.
After 2 minutes it started Just fine, i drove almost 30 km with no issues whatsoever to the Ford Service centre where they scanned the car for errors.
There was an error with the Fuel Pressure Rail sensor or something which they cleared and asked me to bring the car back if it happens again.
I have drove almost 300 km since then with no issues, but I'll be getting it checked again.
DrAakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 19:53   #12752
BHPian

Hi guys, I need some suggestion on Front grill for Ford Ecosport. I liked the Raptor grill and hence changed the original EcoSport grill with Raptor kind of grill with lights. In 3 months It broke down from front into pieces for some reason on its own. Assuming someone broke it by mistake unintentionally or may be with intention, I let it pass and replaced it with similar grill but without lights this time. With FORD written in Chrome.

This too broke down on its own from front, this time I am sure no one damaged it and it just came off on its own in 4-5 months. It just breaks from middle.

Can someone suggest a good mechanic/garage or place where I can get similar front grill options in Mumbai.

thanking you guys in advance.
Old 18th April 2023, 11:03   #12753

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakherder View Post
My Ecosport 2019 AT was flashing the engine oil pressure warning light on cold start ......
And so it continues. Last week while returning from the airport, I got a coolant/engine overheating warning. Pulled over to the side, car already into limp mode. Checked the bonnet, and voila, zero coolant.

Got it towed to the RSA and they tried refilling coolant and it all just showered out the bottom. Was not a slow leak and have never had issues with rats etc before. Car currently at service center and some part has been ordered. No real clarity currently. Will update.

Really glad I got the extended warranty but given the fact that the car has been to the service center some three times this year, this is proving to be a pain now.
Old 24th April 2023, 17:00   #12754

Hi all! I need an advice: I would like to either add a USB Type-C Port to my EcoSport Titanium S 2021, or replace one of the USB Ports in the front with a USB Type-C Port. The port should be able to charge my mobile, AND, connect the mobile to AA/CP. How can this be done?

Thanks in advance.
Old 24th April 2023, 20:46   #12755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNaga View Post
Hi all! I need an advice: I would like to either add a USB Type-C Port to my EcoSport Titanium S 2021, or replace one of the USB Ports in the front with a USB Type-C Port. The port should be able to charge my mobile, AND, connect the mobile to AA/CP. How can this be done?

Thanks in advance.
You can use a Type B to Type C convertor on the front 2 USB ports.
Old 26th April 2023, 11:04   #12756

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakherder View Post
And so it continues. Last week while returning from the airport, I got a coolant/engine overheating warning. Pulled over to the side, car already into limp mode. Checked the bonnet, and voila, zero coolant.
Got the car back after about a week. Coolant sensor kaput. Coolant and elbow joint replaced.

Almost all the niggles/failures I've had have all been electronic.
Old 26th April 2023, 11:57   #12757
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hello All,

I apologize for getting off subject. I have a 2016 Ford Ecosport Titanium diesel with 78K on the odometer and a single owner. I just checked with Cars24 just for fun, and they made me an offer of 6.5 Lakhs for the car. And since this is simply a rough number, it may possibly be closer to 7 lakhs.

The car hasn't had any troubles up to this point, with the exception that I need to replace the tyres, which have about 47K kilometers on them. I genuinely love this car and am quite attached to this emotionally. It still runs without a hitch at 150 KMPH today.

Please let me know if I can keep this car and, if so, for how many more kilometers. What are my options if not for a new car under 18 lakhs? Thank you in advance.
Old 27th April 2023, 11:12   #12758
BHPian

The story of a legend - Ford Ecosport 2016 ownership review

**Sorry for the looonnnggg Story**

On October 14th, 2016, I bought this beast. I had a 2014 VW Polo before this. I have a bad habit of changing cars every two to five years, therefore I was eager to change or update to an SUV model in 2016. The Ecosport was the choice, priced roughly eleven lakhs in 2016. At the time, Ecosport was the only available alternative in this market that was within budget.

Despite the fact that the Polo is a fantastic hatchback with strong body and an exciting car, I sold my Polo and booked this beast without taking it for a test drive. I vividly recall how it felt to own my first SUV (or nearly an SUV) model. The feeling was different while one was high inside.

D-day : At 6:30 PM, I had to pick up my vehicle from Elite Ford Marathalli. However, I was dealing with an important production issue in my office that day, and my team was working hard to find a solution. I wasn't sure if I was able to take the delivery till five o'clock. However, with a 2-hour permission, I left the office at 5:30 and arrived at home to pick up my family by 6:15. I advised the Ford showroom to push out the delivery to 7:30 PM over the phone. At around 7:15 PM, I finally arrived at the showroom amidst the troubles and stress I had been experiencing with the production issue.
When I finally arrived at the showroom, I noticed a stunning newly born brown-colored beast parked with ribbons attached. I realised that this was my child. After quickly inspecting the car and matching its VIN number to mine, which revealed no scratches or additional flaws, I walked inside to finish the paperwork. All the documentation was ready and finished within 15 minutes of my request.

I started my car for the first time after a brief demonstration of the features. I was startled when the diesel engine turned on since it made significantly more noise than the Polo. However, the Urban SUV's feel and my high posture caused me to disregard the noise. The clutch was a bit harder than I had anticipated. However, the gears changed easily, and I was able to begin the ride. My 5-year-old son was more excited.For the first two kilometres, I questioned whether I could truly drive this car, which is slightly larger than the Polo. Additionally, I wondered if changing for the Polo had been a mistake due to the distinct engine noise. Along with this, I was more concerned about the production issue, and I only managed to make it home after a tense 40-minute drive through heavy Bangalore traffic on the old airport route.

As soon as I got home, I just parked the car and went back to work to address my office issue. Fortunately, the issue was rectified before midnight, and I went to bed without thinking about the new car.

Actual Journey Start: The following morning, a Saturday, I awoke around 8:30 AM and immediately went to the parking lot to see my beast. With its shiny brown paint and strong appearance and all of its lines, it was standing there. Once inside the vehicle, the driver's seat was correctly set and had excellent ergonomics. Once inside the car, I felt secure. After getting down and getting dressed, I drove to the temple to perform the Pooja.

After adjusting the seating position, the drive was enjoyable as I began to feel comfortable in the new vehicle. I was convinced. After finishing the Pooja, I drove the car 15 km in one direction on the highway before I began to experience the goodness in it. It didn't sense any lag since it was picking up pace quite quickly. The vehicle had excellent turning ability and handling, and it was completely under control. The position of the seat was really comfortable, with excellent thigh support and plenty of room for the legs, even for the back passengers. I had an amazing time on the 30 kilometer drive and made it back home without difficulty.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20170226_082903873.jpg

My feeling and review: : This car's engineering is outstanding because it not only has a sturdy body but is also very manoeuvrable, city-friendly, great in terms of ergonomics, and has a good driving position. May comfortably fit 5 passengers. The car exhibits complete control and stability even at high speeds. The body roll won't be experienced by you. Its 1.5 liter diesel engine and powerful AC allow it to compete. There is plenty of room in the boot for two large suitcases. I believed this boot space to be adequate for a household of four and never encountered a problem.

And of course it is missing some key features like Rear AC vent, Touch screen etc.

I've had this car for 6.5 years, and it has never let me down. For someone like me who sells their cars on average every 2.5 years, having a car for 6.5 years shows how happy they are with this. It never gave me an issue or left me stranded on the road throughout these 6.5 years. Over the years, I've driven car over rough, curving, mountainous, and ghat roads in places like Agumbe, Dhimbam, Ooty, etc. It used to effortlessly climb those heights while carrying all of its passengers. Even now, with 78k kilometers on the odometer, I never felt like this was an old vehicle that could fail me. I never had the urge to sell this car because it still effortlessly crosses 150 KMPH, giving me the impression that it is not old. Additionally, the costs are extremely low and within range of only 5-7K for the yearly maintenance. In conclusion, it is an illusion that Ford is costly, and I have never experienced it.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20230122wa0017.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-car.png

Overall, this is a magnificent and amazing car that never lets down its owner and continually offers enthusiastic drivers with a wonderful driving experience. I appreciate Ford for the fantastic creation, and I will certainly miss the Ford in India.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20230122wa0033.jpg

Sorry Ford, but safety isn't something the Indians care about. We are constantly in need of features like voice alerts, touch screens, and more milaege. We always put our family's safety or my safety second. Because of this, Maruti or Hyundai are still regarded as the best resale values in India. I definitely would have switched to a new Ecosport had Ford been around.
Krish_Diesel is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 01:50   #12759
BHPian

Re: The story of a legend - Ford Ecosport 2016 ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish_Diesel View Post

I bought this beast. I had a 2014 VW Polo before this. I have a bad habit of changing cars every two to five years, therefore I was eager to change or update to an SUV model in 2016.

We are constantly in need of features like voice alerts, touch screens, and more milaege.
This is possibly the shortest long term ownership review I came across, so no need to be sorry

Contrary to you, my first choice was Polo GT TSI in 2014 which I passed as dealer was not able to arrange TD. More details here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...-5-diesel.html (American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel)

Touch Screens ? Who needs them (From Ford Mumbai Drive to Nashik)
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_1918.jpg
Samfromindia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 10:42   #12760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
This is possibly the shortest long term ownership review I came across, so no need to be sorry

Contrary to you, my first choice was Polo GT TSI in 2014 which I passed as dealer was not able to arrange TD. More details here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...-5-diesel.html (American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel)

Touch Screens ? Who needs them (From Ford Mumbai Drive to Nashik)
Attachment 2444808
Thanks Sam. Yes real enthusiastic does not need the features. Unfortunately in India 80% people are after fancy features and thus Ford couldn't sustain in India market.

Also, not sure why all my posts are getting merged by GTO. I have written a Long term review and this has been merged with Official review. This is totally unfair. Atleast this one is not qualified for merger because Long Term review and Official review is having lot of difference. Can you please shed some light on why this is happening. :(
Krish_Diesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 10:50   #12761
BHPian

Quote:

I am really disappointed and losing motivation of writing the review. My long term ownership review is merged with Official car review. I am not sure why we need to have Long term review section when we just need to update the official car reviews.
Old 28th April 2023, 22:52   #12762
BHPian

Quote:
Also, not sure why all my posts are getting merged by GTO. I have written a Long term review and this has been merged with Official review. This is totally unfair. Atleast this one is not qualified for merger because Long Term review and Official review is having lot of difference. Can you please shed some light on why this is happening. :(
Quote:
I am really disappointed and losing motivation of writing the review. My long term ownership review is merged with Official car review. I am not sure why we need to have Long term review section when we just need to update the official car reviews.
The correct way for writing a TeamBhp review is creating thread under Assembly line here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/assembly-line/

Then after you are done report the thread to moderator who will put it under appropriate section, like Long Term Review in this case. At that time the moderator audits your post and gives you feedback before taking it live. Like in my case they asked me to put the following information on my ownership review like exterior and interior details, experience so far etc.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post3709925 (American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel)

So in case your report is not comprehensive covering all aspects, your article will be considered as a single post and not a separate thread. This thread below is a classic example how detailed an ownership report can be :

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...red-india.html (My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!)
Samfromindia is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 09:41   #12763
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Absolutely.
Ford Ecosport Titanium TDCi owner her.
8.5 years and going strong.
The car brings smiles to me every time I drive. I couldn’t have gone for any other. Except May be a good looking Skoda SUV.
It was the perfect change for me driving a Tucson “Tank” in the US and coming back to India.
Duster looked buch on the outside but did not feel like when opening/closing doors.
In 2014 there was no competition, Ecosport it was. And I am not surprised how well it has aged.
RunGaDa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 11:38   #12764

2015 Ecosport tdci owner here. Just crossed 90k. Regular Maintenance has been 5-8k for every 10k and the car still feels as good as new, no rattles no issues. Even with new launches having so many QC issues this Ford still sets the benchmark for any crossover/sub 4 m UV. Will buy an ecosport even today if Ford hadn't shut shops
Deepak7745 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 12:23   #12765
BHPian

As an ex-owner of an Ecosport for 5 years and having driven it for 50k plus kms, I couldn't agree more. Such an excellent car - be it build quality, engine, body control, all round mechanicals, reliability, fun to drive factor, efficiency, cost of maintenance, etc, it is right up there in that price range if you ask any auto enthusiast. Yes, it may be down on features, but I'd take sound mechanicals over a bigger touchscreen or an air purifier any day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks