Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2022, 20:31   #12601
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Are these figures, with AC driving or without AC and what type of roads and load was on the vehicle ( including passengers and boot luggage?)

-Ravi
100% AC on. I started driving sedately only after driving 200 kms on that tank when i realized I'm getting good FE. Load varied from single person to 4 people + luggage. This was on the Hyd-blr highway to mahbubnagar. Speed limit was 80 at intersections. Included city driving also.

Got tired of sedate driving in the last tank. Included a bit of redlining. No speed limits. Heavy acceleration and what not. Got 22.5 kmpl. I guess I'll get good FE anyways.
Taha Mir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 21:06   #12602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
100% AC on. I started driving sedately only after driving 200 kms on that tank when i realized I'm getting good FE. Load varied from single person to 4 people + luggage. This was on the Hyd-blr highway to mahbubnagar. Speed limit was 80 at intersections. Included city driving also.

Got tired of sedate driving in the last tank. Included a bit of redlining. No speed limits. Heavy acceleration and what not. Got 22.5 kmpl. I guess I'll get good FE anyways.
Wow - i envy you. You are so lucky. Enjoy !
I wonder how to improve the FE in our cars as it doesn't cross 17 or 18 kmpl and rarely 20 kmpl.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 11:18   #12603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Wow - i envy you. You are so lucky. Enjoy !
I wonder how to improve the FE in our cars as it doesn't cross 17 or 18 kmpl and rarely 20 kmpl.

-Ravi
Smooth highways will give you 20+ kmpl irrespective of AC or load.
90% of my driving is on the BLR highway.
Taha Mir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 11:49   #12604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piston_head View Post
My wheel nuts have worn out, Any suggestions on alternative nuts which I can replace with, OEM nuts cost around 300rs per nut. Tata nuts are only 30rs each, Are they direct fit to ecosport?
The specification for the lug nuts is M12x1.5, acorn type. I bought a set of 16 from a local retailer, brand is called Aflo.
They weren't as cheap as the Tata nuts.. But they're really solid, with zero rust after 2 years of use. I remember paying around ₹2500 for a set of 16.
DrAakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 12:27   #12605
BHPian

Yesterday I serviced my 2019 Ecosport at Rudra Ford, Mira Road. The car has done 15,000 kms and the service considered was 2nd year, 20,000 kms service.

Issues
  1. Noise from AC duct, basically the motor which redirects the air was making noise when the flow was changed, for example from legs to mid - Fixed.
  2. Tail gate making noise - Aligned and fixed.
  3. Wipers misaligned while I had replace the broken windshield - Fixed.

Some absurd suggestion and observation by Service Advisors
  1. Battery is at end of life, needs to be replaced.
    Used some machine to diagnose the battery and it only showed "Replace Battery" on analysis.

My POV - The car starts without hesitation even on cold starts, so the battery should not have any issues.

2. Wiper motor short.
    This was when I has asked them to align the wipers as the guy who had replaced the windscreen had not put it back properly. SA came to this conclusion when I told that I had replaced it directly from Windshield Experts and not the service center. How he came to this conclusion - both the wipers move when he moved one wiper. According to the Service Advisor, only one wiper should move and the other should not when done manually.

My POV - It has always been the case, even before the replacement of windscreen. Can someone please check their Ecosport and let me know. Also, the wipers are working just fine.

Also I don't understand why, the SA was kind of shocked when he saw that I had replaced the windscreen from outside and had procured the original Ford Windscreen.

Work Done
  • Engine Oil Replaced.
  • Oil Filter Replaced.
  • Oil Gasket Replaced.
  • Air Filter Replaced.
  • Charge for Lubes and Adhesive required.
  • Labor Charge.
  • Washed and Vacuumed.

Total Bill : Rs 5,600 (including 10% discount on labor and 5% on parts)
Next service : Jan 2023 or 25,000 kms.
Old 12th January 2022, 19:05   #12606
BHPian

Did any 2020 TDCI owners get a "20E05 - DV5 DIESEL BHARAT STAGE 6.1 - NOX IN-SERVICE COMPLIANCE CONCERN" recall?

I haven't had a communication from ford, probably because in the last service they updated my email id to an incorrect one. But a quick vin check on https://www.india.ford.com/owner/field-service-actions/ tells me my car has this recall and a quick google suggests its to change the catalytic converter

I have no major concerns with the car besides the fuel mileage dropping to an overall average of 15 kmpl with around 90 percent clocked on the highways

Name:  Screenshot 20220112 at 7.01.49 PM.png
Views: 1114
Size:  16.4 KB
Old 16th January 2022, 02:14   #12607

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriage.retorq View Post
Did any 2020 TDCI owners get a "20E05 - DV5 DIESEL BHARAT STAGE 6.1 - NOX IN-SERVICE COMPLIANCE CONCERN" recall?
I have got the recall work completed for my 2020 TDCI. As per SA it is more of a precautionary work and involved replacing catalytic converter and associated parts. There was a software update as well. I have driven almost 300km post recall. The low gear drivability is significantly better and car feels smoother now. I contacted service centre directly after seeing my VIN listed on the Ford website. The service centre verified the VIN and initiated the work. It takes one full day minimum from my experience.
Moroder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 16:56   #12608

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moroder View Post
I have got the recall work completed for my 2020 TDCI. As per SA it is more of a precautionary work and involved replacing catalytic converter and associated parts. There was a software update as well. I have driven almost 300km post recall. The low gear drivability is significantly better and car feels smoother now. I contacted service centre directly after seeing my VIN listed on the Ford website. The service centre verified the VIN and initiated the work. It takes one full day minimum from my experience.
This was not the case with me. I went to the service center in a hope that some replacement of the parts would be done. However, the mechanic over there has checked software and told me that everything is perfectly fine. I have never faced any DPF related issues till now and my vehicle is September 2020 manufactured.
Error Code: 20E05
Turbo Diesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 19:41   #12609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Diesel View Post
This was not the case with me. I went to the service center in a hope that some replacement of the parts would be done. However, the mechanic over there
I think it’s an issue with the dealer. I checked with the dealer a week prior and they confirmed the parts replacement after checking the VIN. Your mechanic is probably unaware since the recall just started. Can you try contacting someone else in the dealership or a different dealer. The parts are expensive and from the invoice I received they are worth over 1,00,000. So they are ordered by appointment only. I also didn’t face any dpf issues but got the work done regardless to avoid any warranty issues. My dealer was extremely professional with the work and post recall I could feel an improvement in the usability of the vehicle.
Moroder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 01:11   #12610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Hi All

Fellow BS6 TDCi users, kindly advise if you have also had any communication from Ford or your local dealer regarding the catalytic converter change ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by carriage.retorq View Post

I haven't had a communication from ford, probably because in the last service they updated my email id to an incorrect one.

quick google suggests its to change the catalytic converter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moroder View Post
I have got the recall work completed for my 2020 TDCI. As per SA it is more of a precautionary work and involved replacing catalytic converter and associated parts. It takes one full day minimum from my experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Diesel View Post
This was not the case with me. I went to the service center in a hope that some replacement of the parts would be done.
Quoting my post from 15-Nov-2021. I was told by the dealer during my second service appointment(9100kms) that my car was also under recall for 21E13 "DV5 Diesel Bharat STAGE 6.1 Potential DPF Cracking". They wanted me to leave the car for a couple of days to check and replace the catalytic converter along with associated components.

However as I needed the car urgently told them I'll leave at a later date as the car was perfectly fine. After a couple of days I received an official letter from Ford India via post mentioning the same.

My car has now run 18058kms without issue, however I guess I will be booking the car for the recall change as mentioned by Ford during the third service, in another 1000kms.

I was skeptical initially since no one was talking about this, plus no one even posted about getting this done. But now having read a few posts guess I will get it done to ensure warranty is not void.

Last edited by Shanksta : 18th January 2022 at 01:13.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 18:44   #12611
BHPian

Hi Guys

I am looking for a pre owned Titanium AT Ecosport. I am specifically looking for 2018 and above model with dragon engine and TC gearbox. I have few questions. Ecosport in Petrol AT guise was only available in trend plus and Titanium plus variant. My understanding is there was no Titanium AT. Is that correct? Am I correct in assuming that every Titanium AT has 6 airbags. Also I see two different alloys designs in 2018 models. I am not sure why? And I am not talking about alloys from the S variant. One has a 7 spoke design while the other one has 10 spokes. Can anyone tell me if there’s any other difference between these two cars other than alloys.
Old 20th January 2022, 20:11   #12612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hi Guys

I am looking for a pre owned Titanium AT Ecosport. I am specifically looking for 2018 and above model with dragon engine and TC gearbox. I have few questions.
Hi,
We have a Titanium AT so i can answer some of your questions.
1: the Titanium + AT is the model with 6 airbags, there is also a Titanium AT which is one version lower. The only difference is no sunroof, 2 airbags v 6 airbags , bench vs split rear seats and a few other minor differences.
2. The alloys did change around the time they started deleting the sync 3 systems. There are 3 versions, one 7 spoke (old design), one 8 spoke grey color and the latest one was normal silver 8 spoke.

Hope this helps
Old 20th January 2022, 20:36   #12613
BHPian

Not sure whether Cruise Control feature is available in Titanium AT. But it is available on Titanium+ AT.
Old 20th January 2022, 21:38   #12614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
Hi,
We have a Titanium AT so i can answer some of your questions.
1: the Titanium + AT is the model with 6 airbags, there is also a Titanium AT which is one version lower. The only difference is no sunroof, 2 airbags v 6 airbags , bench vs split rear seats and a few other minor differences.
2. The alloys did change around the time they started deleting the sync 3 systems. There are 3 versions, one 7 spoke (old design), one 8 spoke grey color and the latest one was normal silver 8 spoke.

Hope this helps
Sir,

This is confusing. So what you mentioned means Titanium + must have a sunroof too but I have seen few listings with cruise control, pedal shifter and 6 airbags but no sunroof. Wasn’t sunroof on some thunder pack ? Also Cruise Control and Pedal shifters are Titanium + feature. So is it safe to assume if the car has these two features then it would have 6 airbags too ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
Not sure whether Cruise Control feature is available in Titanium AT. But it is available on Titanium+ AT.
I think Cruise control is Titanium + only feature.
Old 20th January 2022, 21:50   #12615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
So what you mentioned means Titanium + must have a sunroof too but I have seen few listings with cruise control, pedal shifter and 6 airbags but no sunroof. Wasn’t sunroof on some thunder pack ? Also Cruise Control and Pedal shifters are Titanium + feature. So is it safe to assume if the car has these two features then it would have 6 airbags too ?
This confusion is all because of constant feature additions-deletions by Ford India.

I think you may have noticed a 2018 model that has everything except Sunroof. Not sure but check it again and then make a comparison with 2019 onwards model.
AFAIK from 2019 onwards, Titanium+, Thunder & Sports S models have Sunroof.

Titanium+ AT model equipped with Cruise Control and Paddle Shifters should have 6 airbags not 2.

But like I said, inspite of all these, you need to check and verify from the advertisement. Ask the owner or tell him to send more pictures if you have any features related doubt.

Last edited by Bhupesh_2628 : 20th January 2022 at 21:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks