Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2021, 11:11   #12511
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I made a small dent on the rear left quarter panel when negotiating a tight parking spot. I know the fix will never match the factory finish, but is it better to have it done with the dealership or any FNG? Also should I use insurance for this? Any idea on whether the cost out of pocket will outweigh the NCB will be of great help.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20210808110426.jpg  

Old 8th August 2021, 11:37   #12512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizSatish View Post
I made a small dent on the rear left quarter panel when negotiating a tight parking spot. I know the fix will never match the factory finish, but is it better to have it done with the dealership or any FNG? Also should I use insurance for this? Any idea on whether the cost out of pocket will outweigh the NCB will be of great help.

Thanks in advance.
A few years ago I scraped my Baleno on a parking lot pillar. There were small dents and paint were removed from the rear door and above the wheel arch. I got it fixed from the service centre and they charged me around Rs 10k for it. You cannot notice it. I would say the quality of work is good. You can get it fixed from independent garages, for half the price, but I am not sure about the quality of work. If the amount is high, then go for the insurance.
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 13:36   #12513

I had booked a Ford Ecosport way back in April 2021. After more than 100 days after I booked a car at Fortune Malyalam Ford Kochi. I finally received a Black Ford Ecosport Titanium petrol MT on 24 Jul 21.

Elated that I had finally owned the beautiful machine, blindly trusting the dealer and the FORD brand name I drove of.

But for my horror with in the next 30kms my engine stalled and powertrain malfunction, and engine malfunction lamp went on.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-issue.jpg

I called up the dealer who asked me to bring the car to the service centre.
I drove the car till the service centre, and the moment I reached, the car stalled and never turned on.

The chaps at the service center ran a diagnostics and suspected it to be a fault with the fuel and wanted to inspect it. They didn't choose to take out the fuel from the fuel tank but pulled out the HP fuel line from the fuel pump. Resulting in HP fuel to spurt out on the hot engine, while another person poured water over the engine to "stop it from catching fire".

I am not an expert with automobiles but this didn't seem like a safe practice and hence I started recording the whole evolution. But was denied from doing so.

Later on the technicians realised that the fuel was perfectly fine and the fault was with the electronics.

I was told that this was peculiar case where the brand new car wasn't turning on. The dealer said he would get in touch with FORD INDIA and find a way ahead.

The dealer was kind enough to find an alternate vehicle for me and provided me with an another car. He went on to promise me that the issue would be quickly resolved after getting in touch with the company.

They took 5 days to resolve the issue, the problem being faulty PCM sensor. The dealer then undertook extensive testing for 100kms and finally delivered the car back to me on 30th Jul 21.

Being skeptical about accepting the same car I did a thorough visual check. The car now had multiple scratches over it and there were rust marks seen on the steering column and other parts on the underside.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-pxl_20210731_023020324.mp.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-pxl_20210805_120758955.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-pxl_20210805_120805136.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-pxl_20210805_122719106.jpg

This experience of booking a car, waiting for it to be delivered for more than 100 days only to be delivered with a faulty car has been horrendous.

The dealer and Ford India are refusing to give me a replacement instead they are asking me to make peace with extended warranty and free consumables for the first three services.
I now dread in fear about the trust I can have on the car. The feeling of ownership of a new car is lost.
Samarth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 13:11   #12514
BHPian

Really sad to hear the ordeals of new buyers and some first time new car buyers.
I am having troubles with FASS and my ES myself. Everything was fine until the first service. Right after the first service I noticed shuddering of the front side of the vehicle at highway speeds. Got wheels balanced from a very reputed outlet - shuddering didn't go away. It's more prominent when on slightly inclined roads and accelerating at highway speeds. FASS hasn't a clue - but the issue started right after the service. The guys also mentioned that FASS had not even put weights on couple of tyres.

Power loss issue is unusual and very intermittent in my car. I encounter blanks when accelerating in the turbo zone where it feels like it takes couple of seconds to start pushing. Highway fuel mileage has reduced by 2-3 kms easily. This also started after the first service - and they swear mileage increases after first service!

To add to the agony - nearest FASS is 100 kms from my town.

I wonder if I should be sad that I have these issues in my still-almost-new car or be happy that the I dont have the dreaded DPF issues! This is probably why people don't buy Fords anymore in India.

Last edited by carriage.retorq : 9th August 2021 at 13:13.
carriage.retorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 10:09   #12515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller17 View Post
Day 10 and I had to take the vehicle to the showroom (Elite Ford). I did explain all the issues I felt needed to be checked. Initially most of my issues were dismissed but then i was told, the car will be thoroughly checked and fixed. Next day I was asked to send the spare car key so that they can remap the electronics/sensors. Inspite of repeated questions on what was wrong, I was assured that there is no problem at all except some minor electronic issues. The RM seems to have been more keen to sell me other services like Teflon coating & underbody protection.

Post March could not take the vehicle to the service station due to 2nd wave lockdown. Will be taking the car this week to the service station for the 2nd visit. Hope they are able to find the issues & fix them.
Please don't go to Elite Ford, their service isn't that great. Cauvery Ford and PPS are best when it comes to servicing Fords in Bangalore. I always go to Cauvery Ford Hennur and we've got a lot of complex problems solved from this particular FASS from our EcoSport WhatsApp groups.

I hope your car is back to its glory soon!
Old 10th August 2021, 14:31   #12516
RGK
Senior - BHPian

During this pandemic period, I moved to my native temporarily and was doing long drives once in two months. During the long drive, the engine malfunction light came and I stopped the vehicle. Started after 30 minutes and the light went off. This happened to me two times.

I raised this complaint with the dealer and the car was inspected thoroughly on March '21 and everything seems to be fine. But in the last few months, the mileage has dropped suddenly. I used to get above 19kmpl always (@90 - 95 kmph). Any pointers from gurus ?.
Old 10th August 2021, 15:14   #12517
BHPian

Guys this is urgent, I need to get our 2013 Titanium EcoSport's tyres changed since the Goodyear Assurance are too old now and the rubber has dried although significant tread is there. A long road trip is on the cards and I don't want to risk using the old tyres at triple digit speeds.

I have shortlisted Michelin P3 ST, Michelin Primacy 4 ST and Continental MC5. Members on EcoSport tyre and wheel upgrade thread have quoted the price of these through dealers to be 6-6.5k per tyre with discounts but the closest official Michelin dealer I called (Connaught Place, Delhi) is selling Primacy 4 at 9k per tyre!

Can anyone suggest a good tyre shop near CP and Khan Market area (basically around pin code 110001) which would retail Michelins for 6-6.5k. I really want to get Michelins, but looking at 9k a tyre, my father will simply refuse and would go for cheaper MRFs or Goodyears which I hate .

Last edited by Lowflyer23 : 10th August 2021 at 15:17.
Old 10th August 2021, 16:03   #12518
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
Guys this is urgent, I need to get our 2013 Titanium EcoSport's tyres changed since the Goodyear Assurance are too old now and the rubber has dried although significant tread is there. A long road trip is on the cards and I don't want to risk using the old tyres at triple digit speeds.
Considering you are on borrowed time with those Goodyear set, you would love the Earth1 from Yokohama, affordable price and good performance.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 16:31   #12519
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
I have shortlisted Michelin P3 ST, Michelin Primacy 4 ST and Continental MC5. Members on EcoSport tyre and wheel upgrade thread have quoted the price of these through dealers to be 6-6.5k per tyre with discounts but the closest official Michelin dealer I called (Connaught Place, Delhi) is selling Primacy 4 at 9k per tyre!

Can anyone suggest a good tyre shop near CP and Khan Market area (basically around pin code 110001) which would retail Michelins for 6-6.5k. I really want to get Michelins, but looking at 9k a tyre, my father will simply refuse and would go for cheaper MRFs or Goodyears which I hate .
Do you still get Primacy 4ST now?. They have stopped import from June 2020. I bought it for 7.5k last August which had the manufacturing date as 10th week of 2020 (1020).

MRF has come out with Perfinza which seems to be good (check reviews). Bridgestone, Yoko and CC is my order of preference.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 19:32   #12520
BHPian

Any leads on a good tyre shop near Connaught Place, New Delhi would be super helpful as well. I don't want a random shop to screw up the alignment or balancing (a lot of tyre shops do so).
Old 16th August 2021, 17:16   #12521
BHPian

Has anyone taken the delivery of Ecosport recently?

Booked an Ecosport TDCI in the middle of the July and we did not receive an update till now.

I booked it for a friend at Cauvery ford Bangalore, since we did not receive any update from Ford or dealer I casually called PPS ford today to check if they have stock or can deliver it any sooner. SA at PPS mentioned that Ford has stopped manufacturing Ecosport from July 2021 and Ford is going to launch facelifted Ecosport in September 2021. So the delay for delivery is expected. Also, people who booked an Ecosport from July will get facelifted Ecosport, as per PPS SA.

Not sure if its true, however looking at waiting period that all dealers are quoting in Bangalore can't ignore too. Is anyone else from Bangalore also booked recently?
Old 17th August 2021, 12:33   #12522
BHPian

Hey guys,

I've got a 2018 EcoSport S Diesel and I wanted to know if there's any modification I can get done which will improve the ride? Maybe better shock absorbers or some tuning. I'm in the Delhi NCR area.
Old 17th August 2021, 13:44   #12523
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
I've got a 2018 EcoSport S Diesel and I wanted to know if there's any modification I can get done which will improve the ride? Maybe better shock absorbers or some tuning. I'm in the Delhi NCR area.
I believe your 2018 EcoSport S has 17 inch alloys, you can possibly downsize to the 16 inch alloys which are now available with the EcoSport S trim.
Old 17th August 2021, 15:58   #12524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
I believe your 2018 EcoSport S has 17 inch alloys, you can possibly downsize to the 16 inch alloys which are now available with the EcoSport S trim.
You're correct, it has 17" wheels. Is replacing them the only option, because i'm not keen to do that (I love the design). I was wondering if the shockers could be changed or perhaps a different tyre.
Old 19th August 2021, 16:50   #12525
BHPian

Facelifted Ecosport spied without camo. The bumper is sportier, but I personally like the current iteration of the grille.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20210819134355.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks