Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2013, 00:21   #5011
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

My Ecoboost mileage update from MID reading:
Initial 900 kms it was complete city driving and got just 10 kmpl which was bit disappointing. Last weekend had a long highway trip. I reset the MID and did a very patient sedate driving from Chennai to Trichy coasting along 70 to 80 kmph max. I got 19.6 kmpl reading when reaching Trichy. From Trichy until Pollachi I did around 90 kmph and occasional 100 kmph and the overall reading dropped to 18 kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
My brother in law bought an ecoboost petrol hoping that he will get a mileage of 14 to 15 against Ford's claimed 18 kmpl . However, his mileage has been hovering between 10 and 11.5 kmpl. His car has doen 2500 kilometers until now. This is based on what is showing up in the multi information display.

What mileage are other ecoboost petrol owners getting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shauncolaco View Post
I too have booked an Ecoboost hoping to get an average mileage of atleast 13-14. A 10 to 11.5 kmpl mileage is indeed low compared to the 18kmpl being claimed. Add that to the price hike, withdrawal of a couple of features and surely the Ecoboost does not appear to be a Value For Money proposition. Ecoboost owners can update us on FE.
ndinesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 01:02   #5012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Am looking at something different. But let me do it and then share.

I like my vehicle to be sort of distinct so this was a deviation for me - that is just me. The challenge is to do something that looks good and unique without being too loud.

It is just about having your own individuality.
I too agree to ACM
Uniqueness is one of the most important factor!

I'm betting ACM would do different color alloys, mirror covers and may be even the roof

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th October 2013 at 01:35. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post please, thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 03:17   #5013
BHPian

After more than three months of waiting finally I made my payment for my little beast, the 1.5D Trend -Mars Red Ecosport. The vehicle will be registered on Friday and would be delivered on Saturday. I m on cloud nine now. For those who are waiting; let me tell you that this feeling is just awesome. So please be a little more patient. You will be living this too.

This wait has taught me the virtue of patience. I think I can handle any other wait with ease now.

Will update more on the payments and accessories taken tomorrow. However I m not taking the dealers insurance, extended warranty and the essential pack.
Old 24th October 2013, 04:15   #5014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
After more than three months of waiting finally I made my payment for my little beast, the 1.5D Trend -Mars Red Ecosport. The vehicle will be registered on Friday and would be delivered on Saturday. I m on cloud nine now. For those who are waiting; let me tell you that this feeling is just awesome. So please be a little more patient. You will be living this too.

This wait has taught me the virtue of patience. I think I can handle any other wait with ease now.

Will update more on the payments and accessories taken tomorrow. However I m not taking the dealers insurance, extended warranty and the essential pack.
Congratulations.
Your observations on patience are absolutely true, am also likely to take delivery of my white beauty by beginning of next month hopefully.
Wish you happy driving with your beautiful beast... :-)
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 05:56   #5015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanskumar View Post
is this initial accessories kit compulsory? Mody ford says it is.
Congrats! Your wait comes to an end

No the initial accessory kit is not compulsory at all. You can see many people have not opted for it in this thread. Be a bit firm with the dealer & tell them that it isn't compulsory & you are not taking it (if you don't want to). You are anyways taking a substantial amount of other accessories from them so they should keep their greed in check.
Old 24th October 2013, 08:47   #5016
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday when I went to pick my car after futile 48 hr attempts by Ford to rectify the Service Engine error problem, I was treated to this. Ford India, never have I had such a bad first week ownership experience! Worst part is that when I showed them that the car is damaged, they behaved ignorantly. As if they didn't know about the event. I am so frustrated with Ford already, I don't know how will they manage to keep me satisfied for another 4 years. I had absolutely no trouble of such sorts with my 6 yr old Swift, Maruti Suzuki rocks in that case!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-image411213883.jpg  

Old 24th October 2013, 09:39   #5017
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Yesterday when I went to pick my car after futile 48 hr attempts by Ford to rectify the Service Engine error problem, I was treated to this.
Oops, that's really bad. I would ask you not to leave this matter. Make sure that they repair this. To give you an idea, I had a similar experience at MASS where my swift have dents to the right door, skirts and visible paint damage. I made quite a scene there and said I would report this to the head office and also the SA knew I was a BHPian. After few mins he agreed on repairing the vehicle free of cost. So I would suggest you to follow this method and say you would report this across the online media.
Old 24th October 2013, 09:42   #5018
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday when I went to pick my car after futile 48 hr attempts by Ford to rectify the Service Engine error problem, I was treated to this. Ford India, never have I had such a bad first week ownership experience! Worst part is that when I showed them that the car is damaged, they behaved ignorantly. As if they didn't know about the event. I am so frustrated with Ford already, I don't know how will they manage to keep me satisfied for another 4 years. I had absolutely no trouble of such sorts with my 6 yr old Swift, Maruti Suzuki rocks in that case!
Were you given a worksheet/job sheet of sorts marking current damage before giving them the car? Use that & show them that the damage is caused by them. There would be not much left to debate with them if you have it & they just cant deny anything then.
Old 24th October 2013, 10:09   #5019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Regardless of vehicle, oil pressure is not to be confused with oil level. They may go together, but need not. They should be checked independently.
Agreed. And since they may go together, before visiting the ASC, I'd check the oil level first and in case that's not an issue, visit the ASC for them to check low oil pressure issue. Oil level can be checked at home and takes less than a minute, so I think logically one would start there and as a second step head to ASC for oil pressure diagnosis which requires special tools and skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
Hi
Given the fact this happens in cold start pressure build up will not be immediate,what the MID shows when the car runs for sometime and restart the engine, is more important, if nothing shows then one can ignore else may need a visit to the doc, IMHO.
Sure, your call. But then this should happen in almost all cars or at least all Ecosports, no?
Old 24th October 2013, 11:03   #5020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Oops, that's really bad. I would ask you not to leave this matter. Make sure that they repair this. To give you an idea, I had a similar experience at MASS where my swift have dents to the right door, skirts and visible paint damage. I made quite a scene there and said I would report this to the head office and also the SA knew I was a BHPian. After few mins he agreed on repairing the vehicle free of cost. So I would suggest you to follow this method and say you would report this across the online media.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
Were you given a worksheet/job sheet of sorts marking current damage before giving them the car? Use that & show them that the damage is caused by them. There would be not much left to debate with them if you have it & they just cant deny anything then.
It was really a nightmare! I too had to fight to prove it and they finally agreed to repair it at their cost and return the car today but I highly doubt they will. I am taking this issue to the Ford HQ any how. Hope Ford has a bhpian planted in this thread, and are listening to this.
Old 24th October 2013, 11:06   #5021
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday when I went to pick my car after futile 48 hr attempts by Ford to rectify the Service Engine error problem, I was treated to this. Ford India, never have I had such a bad first week ownership experience....
Ouch! That sure hurts. So far it was bad dealer experiences, now your incident raises question marks about service centers as well. I know this has been a bad start to your ownership, but get this rectified and enjoy the car. If this purchase has been a upgrade for you, I am sure this car will bring you joy most of the time you drive it. Yours is a ecoboost I presume.
Old 24th October 2013, 11:06   #5022
BHPian

Quick question to all the current ecosport owners.

While trying to stow away some documents in my ecosport, i notice that the storage compartment under the driver seat is missing.
Attached below is a reference image of the compartment (from the Ford Website) which i am talking about.
Name:  underseatcompartment.bmp
Views: 5299
Size:  200.9 KB

Does this not come in the Titanium variants ? Or has ford silently dropped the compartment also (to create the so called product differentiation).

Yet to speak to the dealer on this. Current ecosport owners kindly confirm.

Last edited by JollyPope : 24th October 2013 at 11:35.
Old 24th October 2013, 11:38   #5023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post

While trying to stow away some documents in my ecosport, i notice that the storage compartment under the driver seat is missing.
Attached below is a reference image of the compartment (from the Ford Website) which i am talking about.

Does this not come in the Titanium variants ? Or has ford silently dropped the compartment also (to create the so called product differentiation).

My Titanium AT definitely does not have it. It's there on the passenger side. I took delivery exactly one week back.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 11:42   #5024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post

Mine is a titanium ecoboost and it does have that, but then again mine is a pre september model with keyless entry, start/stop button. If this is indeed true than Ford is really being cheap here. The glove box with its shape and the cooling feature is not ideal for keeping the documents. This storage under seat is the perfect place to stow them.
Old 24th October 2013, 11:49   #5025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
My Titanium AT definitely does not have it. It's there on the passenger side. I took delivery exactly one week back.
According to GTO's initial review, the stowaway compartment is provided only on the passenger seat side.
HighwayBuddha is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks