Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2013, 22:08   #4906
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I'm very disappointed by Ecosport's awful ride quality and also concerned about Ford dealer / service center issues. These are major deal breakers for me.

Booking for most variants of EcoSport are closed now. My best guess is that they will reopen in 2-3 months and then add another 3-4 months waiting list. Basically, if someone wants to buy an Ecosport petrol, he cannot get the car keys before 7 months from now!

Given the fact that I didn't like Duster and Terrano either (for a range of other issues), I've decided to delay my car purchase by another year at least.

I'm looking forward to the launch of following models in 2014 which I think will be good alternatives to EcoSport -

1. Maruti XA Alpha / Suzuki iV-4

2. Honda Jazz / Honda Fit (not a compact SUV, but at least its ride quality will be better; + Honda beats Ford any day)

3. Hyundai's new compact SUV (Hyundai Curb / Hyundai Sante Fe)

4. Honda Urban (Jazz based compact SUV)

There is no doubt that Japanese and to some extent Korean cars are more reliable and efficient than most of their American counterparts and are better suited for Indian conditions.

I'm of the opinion that Ecosport is over-hyped. Once the dust settles, its flaws will be all the more visible. Ford has been in India for several years now but it still hasn't been able to build a solid dealership - maintenance network. The only things working in favor of Ecosport is excellent styling and pricing. But for me, buying a car is like getting into a long-term relationship. I have a crush on Ecosport, but am I in love? No.

I will think hundred times before buying anything from Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Yep Ford Dealers are not the best around. My purchase experience posted in the Dealership thread hasn't been great either till date but won't blame just the Dealer, Ford too was at Fault.

The Visibility through the front A pillar tends to not be an issue after you get used to the vehicle in a few days. The Top models anyways come with revers parking sensors. The Official Reverse Camera Accessory too must be taken. The absence of front sensors is missed to judge how close to the car / curb ahead one can get while parking. But there are solutions to this.

The Ride could be hard due to incorrect tyre pressure, and yet the ride of the EcoSport is indeed a bit harsh. The solution is to drive through rough roads at a bit of a speed (30Kmph+). The harshness comes across when one goes over rough roads at lower speeds or too high a speed on the other hand. Also if one choses to go slower than one needs to brake BEFORE obstacles and then release the brakes before getting on the speed bump or pothole else the suspension travel (range) is reduced and this makes the ride even more harsh. The ride though definitely more harsh than in a Duster is better than in most sedans at similar price points so it should be acceptable. One can drive in a manner that makes it more than acceptable. That said it could have been better. Better tyres and correct tyre pressure will help. Doubt it was just an issue with the Demo Vehicle, the ride can come across as rough even for a fresh vehicle.
Old 19th October 2013, 22:15   #4907
Senior - BHPian

I came to know today that only Titanium model is open for booking! The keyless entry & push start button option now available only in Titanium(o)/+ model and they are not even taking bookings for that.

Anyone to confirm the news? Does it indicate another price hike for the top model? Whats the current waiting period for Titanium?
Old 19th October 2013, 22:17   #4908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post

It's definitely not good. Today I did a 200 km trip on the highway driving sedately and the MID was showing 19kmpl for the trip. The same stretch in dzire diesel used be around 22 and i10 kappa used to give around 18kmpl.
Even i did a 400 km trip and the MID was showing 19.1 kmpl. Its the in city mileage which is not upto the mark i guess.. anyways its still early days and i'm hopeful that my mileage should improve after the first service.
Old 19th October 2013, 22:45   #4909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
I came to know today that only Titanium model is open for booking! The keyless entry & push start button option now available only in Titanium(o)/+ model and they are not even taking bookings for that.

Anyone to confirm the news? Does it indicate another price hike for the top model? Whats the current waiting period for Titanium?
I went to astro ford yesterday and to pal ford in Haldwani, 3-4 days back. Both of them were ready to take the booking for titanium (O), Astro quoted 9 months waiting and pal ford 7-8 months.

As i have quite friendly relations with SA at astro ford, they're offering readily delivery with 80-100k premium depending upon variant and color.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2013, 23:18   #4910
Senior - BHPian

Can someone please tell me the maximum capacity USB drive that the USB port in the Ecosport supports? I tried plugging in a brand new 16 gb drive with around 2 gb of songs but the drive wasn't detected. Does it need any specific fs formatting?
Old 19th October 2013, 23:25   #4911
BHPian

Whats the highest mileage one has recorded on their Ecosport?? And did the mileage improve after the first or second service??
Old 19th October 2013, 23:49   #4912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Can someone please tell me the maximum capacity USB drive that the USB port in the Ecosport supports? I tried plugging in a brand new 16 gb drive with around 2 gb of songs but the drive wasn't detected. Does it need any specific fs formatting?
Which pen drive you're using ?

Even in my figo, It won't play from HP pen drive, Then i tried kingston, It worked. Might be the same in ecosport too.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2013, 23:50   #4913
BHPian

Quote:
FAT32 should work. Was it by chance formatted as NTFS?
anks_at is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 01:33   #4914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
If I buy my Ecosport from dealer A, is it mandatory for me to get my free services also done with same dealer? Or can I go to another dealer for the services? Request views please. !
This applies to all manufacturers in india, you can get your car serviced anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Just received these key covers from eBay, (mycarkey).
Feels nice soft & good to hold and quality is good.

Note : Got the key covers but yet to get the car ;-)
Can you update us about quality fit and finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
The weirdest price list I have ever seen

Check out the individual prices and the combo prices. Why would someone buy the side running board alone for 25,650/- when you can get the Side Running Board & Door Weather Sheild for 22,500? Ditto for the rest of the items!
Attachment 1154268

It is strategy to encourage more combined purchases to increase turn over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
I see there is a little slash in prices in the new prices uploaded on the Ford India website update as on 01 Oct 13.

Is it true that the Keyless entry is available only on Titanium (O)? I thought it was available on Titanium as well. Anyone to confirm?
Henceforth titanium (0) only will have keyless entry.

Quote:
I am using SanDisk 32 gb without any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Just wondering,

Do all the windows of the Ecosport roll down on a long press of the unlock button on the remote and vice versa?
Is this feature working on your car by any chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Has any fellow member fitted an armrest for the driver's side?
If so could you help me regarding the details of procurement and fitting please?
(Pictures of the finished job is also appreciated)

I too was shocked!
Absolutely no shame in publicising wrong and false information!
Nice of you to notice it on time and caution others!
Mr Srinivas indeed is a man of quality work and should be credited for his excellent work!
I saw the armrest on Aliexpress.com, not sure about the quality as I have not seen one.It fits on the cupholder.
Here is the link

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2013-...381290905.html
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20131020012603.png  

ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 01:40   #4915
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I had a similar issue with my car(Sail UVA).

I then formatted the drive on my laptop and then copied songs.
It started working after this.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 09:08   #4916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
It definitely cools when i put it in 22 , but i never felt it that achieves 22 since 22 should be far more colder than what the interior temperatures are maintained at , also i don't observe substantial difference for anything below 22 as well be it 19 , 18. Not sure whether it is dues to something wrong with the AC .
I suggest you get your AC checked up. At 22, my interiors are definitely colder than air-conditioned office spaces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauncolaco View Post
I too have booked an Ecoboost hoping to get an average mileage of atleast 13-14. A 10 to 11.5 kmpl mileage is indeed low compared to the 18kmpl being claimed.
Those fuel economy numbers are what my ecoboost engine is giving. I guess ARAI's standard testing procedures call for a very "sedate" driving, where the turbo doesn't even kick in. 19kmpl for petrol is right around the benchmark of what a naturally aspirated 999cc engine can give. But then, that engine would take 60 seconds to pull the 1.2 ton vehicle from 0-100

Quote:
I'm using a 32GB pen-drive formatted to FAT32 and it works just fine.
saisrujan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 10:40   #4917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Is this feature working on your car by any chance?
I don't have my car yet, sadly. Wouldn't have asked otherwise.
Old 20th October 2013, 11:20   #4918
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am using a 16gb USB drive with 2+ Gb of songs.

Go to Sync settings and select USB is some subsection.

It didn't work for me also for a couple of days and then I fiddled with the settings and got it to work. Don't remember exactly how off hand though.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 12:17   #4919
BHPian

Quote:
If you have not done this, try doing below:

Put the music system on Radio, activate voice control from steering control and say USB, then say PLAY ALL.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131020_121640.png
Views: 2889
Size:  669.6 KB

Last edited by bageherath : 20th October 2013 at 12:27.
bageherath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 12:31   #4920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash13 View Post
My Ecosport Tdci's first ever tankful to tankful reading.

First fill ODO : 35 kms - 48 lts
Second fill ODO : 755 kms - 44 lts

Mileage - 720/44 = 16.36 kmpl

City 20% - Highway 80%

Good?? Bad?? Ugly??
Don't try to measure the fuel economy till 5000 KM run will not be accurate.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131020_123003.png
Views: 2848
Size:  560.1 KB
bageherath is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks