Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2013, 14:23   #4756
BHPian

@ jude congrats on allocation of your car, am also likely to get mine by month end, difficult wait. :-)

Regarding accessories for items like mats, Mud flap one can go aftermarket and that is the way to go due to cost, quality and variety availability.
But for electrical ones viz Reverse sensor n all better to go for dealer option due to warranty issues. Moreover particularly for reverse sensor it is better to get it done from dealer as I fitted a reverse sensor for 2.5 k on my Indigo, looked good, does the basic job but it is not accurate, where as when I took test drive of ES checked the reverse sensor particularly, it was not only accurate but more sensitive also.

I am also hunting for accessories but mostly online as at the place I am can't get any worthwhile stuff in market. :-(
Happy hunting n dreaming.
Old 11th October 2013, 14:39   #4757
BHPian

Congrats Jude300!

Whats the variant and color of your Ecosport? Have you enquired anything about the chrome garnish available in the market? I'm also from chennai but not able to locate any dealer who has the chrome trims for the fog lamp and window frames in particular. Pls do let me know if you come across anything.

Thanks in advane!
Old 11th October 2013, 16:57   #4758
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I was checking for availability of Front and rear appliques in the open market and could not find anything that is significantly cheaper than Ford Accessory.
Now i am wondering how would it be, if i get the front and rear part of bumper where applique are fixed, paint it in Silver? That should workout significantly cheaper than appliques.
Still cheaper alternative to appliques that i can think for the moment is sticker job to look similar to applique.Any suggestion guys?
Old 11th October 2013, 17:16   #4759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I was checking for availability of Front and rear appliques in the open market and could not find anything that is significantly cheaper than Ford Accessory.
Now i am wondering how would it be, if i get the front and rear part of bumper where applique are fixed, paint it in Silver? That should workout significantly cheaper than appliques.
Still cheaper alternative to appliques that i can think for the moment is sticker job to look similar to applique.Any suggestion guys?
I am also thinking of a sticker job as the appliques are not available with my dealer.
Painting if being done needs to be a careful job and the bumper has to be taken off I think, how easy or difficult is it to open the bumper?
IMHO painting will be the neatest thing to do.
Old 11th October 2013, 17:25   #4760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hi guys,

Finally got my hands on the engine cover/insulator for which I have been waiting since a very long time.
@ecosport rules: Thanks for the information. Can you please share the part number and price?
Old 11th October 2013, 17:45   #4761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
And finally, got it confirmed. Yes!!! my baby is on its way and will be with me by monthend.
Congrats Buddy !! Happy to hear that your Mars Machine is on the way . Even I was eagerly waiting for a good news from your end as I'm in queue behind you so that I can confirm the current running numbers of booking & delivery.

Up on delivery do post us more about your ES (With Pics) and experience. Also let us know about the details of your insurance & accessories from dealers etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash13 View Post
Congrats Jude300!
Whats the variant and color of your Ecosport? Have you enquired anything about the chrome garnish available in the market? I'm also from chennai but not able to locate any dealer who has the chrome trims for the fog lamp and window frames in particular. Pls do let me know if you come across anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
I opted for Chennai Ford.
I have booked the Trend Diesel - Mars Red. I got the confirmation call around the third week of July.
@nash13: Hope that answers you

With regards to chrome garnishes please refer below links, if you are okay with After market ones

http://stores.ebay.in/auto-furnish/_...sid=1149282963
http://stores.ebay.in/Carss-n-Moree/...sid=1003259247

Last edited by pkk_84 : 11th October 2013 at 17:47. Reason: Pointer added
Old 11th October 2013, 18:39   #4762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
@ jude congrats on allocation of your car, am also likely to get mine by month end, difficult wait. :-)
Thanks Buddy!!! Just take a bike and roam around the place near your city where automobile shops are popular. The accessories are available but it needds some roaming to get the best and the one that suits our purpose.

Quote:
Congrats Jude300!

Thanks in advane!
pkk has already quoted me. Thanks pkk.

Chrome garnish is now available with dealers. I checked Kalyani near virugambakkam and they had quite a few of the chrome fittings. Since I was now looking for them i didnt enquire more. But they have done for ecosports and showed me pics. There is one mars red ecosport that i spot everyday while i return from office at night which is parked in the open. it has a lot of chrome done.

Also they are available with dealers in GP road. Will let you know if I come across any specific shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
As said, even i m planning to do the paint job if the dealer accepts to it and if my budget permits. I think it serves the purpose well for little money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
Congrats Buddy !! Happy to hear that your Mars Machine is on the way . Even I was eagerly waiting for a good news from your end as I'm in queue behind you so that I can confirm the current running numbers of booking & delivery.
Thanks again buddy. I would have been tricked this time too had i not show myself at the showroom during the first week. They initially said that the allocations for the month is expected to be less and that my delivery would be delayed. the allocation list was not received by the dealer then. I however told them that the three months waiting time ends soon and that I was promised delivery by 3 months and thus asked them to give it in writing that the delivery will be delayed and exceed the promised timeline. they understood that i was getting serious this time and finally when the allocation list came they informed that i will be getting my car this month.

If i had not gone they would have kept quiet and extended my delivery. my advice to all in waiting is that, if you have been promised a delivery time and if it was confirmed by ford when they made the verification call, keep visiting almost daily to the showroom during the first week of the month in which that deadline expires. because the allocation list is reeived in the first week and if you are there it will be the right time to remind them. Also personally go and find your priority on a fortnightly or monthly basis. Separately keep tab of the allocation that is received monthly. thus you will know where you stand in the best possible way. Dont club both of the enquiries.

Even I wrote mails to the big ones in long and short formats. But what worked was the personal visits I made to the showroom. Be firm and assertive when you talk and DONOT SHOUT. Be as much polite but assertive. Talk to them making reference to them being in your shoes. Everytime you go, make them repeat the promise atleast thrice before you leave. this will make them feel bat to tell excuses (they have a tough skin though )
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 20:11   #4763
BHPian

Anyone waiting for their Ecoboost Titanium Mars Red from Elite Ford? If yes, when did you book the vehicle and what is the committed delivery date provided by Elite Ford.
Old 11th October 2013, 23:04   #4764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hi guys,

Finally got my hands on the engine cover/insulator for which I have been waiting since a very long time.
Is it an aftermarket accessory? And what is the price? If you got it from outside, in HYD where did you get it?
Old 12th October 2013, 00:13   #4765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks techfreak & Bigben.

I'm finding it difficult to drive below 2K RPM on highways cos of the smoothness of the engine. Do we really need to be under 2k rpm during the Run in period??
It is better to be under 2000 rpm till you clock 3500km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Thanks for the best wishes Guys...Will surely try to put up a review, once I actually experience the car(You see I am in Delhi and the car is 300 Kms Away in Ludhiana :( )
A quick question, did anyone manage to find a PDF version of the manual? Would be useful for the overly excited ones like me!!
It is there in the previous posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
You've missed DRL on the list.
Yup they have the drl too

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
@ecosport rules: Thanks for the information. Can you please share the part number and price?
Will check and get back regarding part number.price is around 9kplease check the price at your local dealer too.it is the fiesta engine cover.
Old 12th October 2013, 00:30   #4766
avm
BHPian

Guys!! Got a surprise call today morning from my SA.
I had booked an automatic Ecosport as well as a manual 1.5P. But someone cancelled his booking and his car got allocated to me
So although its a compromise from the AT, but i could really not wait for another 6 months.

So finally !! I'll be getting my 1.5P MT Titanium MARS RED in 6 days!!

Soooper Excited
avm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 01:40   #4767
BHPian

So finally picked up my silver titanium (o) diesel from sc ford this afternoon. Car had 56kms on the odo at the time of delivery.

No accessories taken at the time of delivery since there was a 1 hour wait just to get mud flaps fitted. Just signed up for 3rd year warranty. Dealer inadvertently has included front floor mats for free. I am not complaining.

I demoed the double click boot open button functionality and the SA was amazed by it since he had no clue and started blamin ford for not advertising it.

Car drives like a breeze. Sync works as per the plan. More to come later.
wysiwyg25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 02:32   #4768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avm View Post

Soooper Excited
Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
So finally picked up my silver titanium (o) diesel from sc ford this afternon.
Congrats to both of you. Welcome aboard!

Took my Black Beauty to 3M car care Nungambakkam, to give her a bit of pampering. Here's the list:
1. Underbody treatment - Rs. 3584
2. Paint sealant treatment - Rs.3697
3. Paint Protection Film:
Door Edges - Rs. 790
Door Handles - Rs. 790
Rearview Mirrors - Rs.1190

Name:  ForumRunner_20131012_022831.png
Views: 2661
Size:  446.2 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131012_022859.png
Views: 2786
Size:  551.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131012_022859.png
Views: 2786
Size:  551.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131012_022917.png
Views: 3014
Size:  607.9 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131012_022935.png
Views: 2687
Size:  542.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131012_023037.png
Views: 2741
Size:  688.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131012_023051.png
Views: 2723
Size:  685.6 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131012_023112.png
Views: 2686
Size:  745.1 KB

Very happy with the way they carried out their job. Mr Dushy was very helpful and forthcoming and never pushed me for anything. wanted to take up the Paint protection film city package which costs 16k odd for the front and rear bumper, bonnet etc but couldnt 'cos of vitamin M shortage. They showed me pictures of two Ecosport for which they had put the film on the entire car for a cool 62K.

anyways here's the pics of my car getting pampered.
nash13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 03:09   #4769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avm View Post
I had booked an automatic Ecosport as well as a manual 1.5P. But someone cancelled his booking and his car got allocated to me
So although its a compromise from the AT, but i could really not wait for another 6 months.

Soooper Excited
That's awesome news may be the best festival gift congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
Dealer inadvertently has included front floor mats for free. I am not complaining.
Its provided by ford not by the dealer please go through the features list
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-tbhp2.jpg  

anilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 08:36   #4770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkumar View Post
Its provided by ford not by the dealer please go through the features list

Thanks for pointing that out. 3D Kagu mats installed for 6K last night. Tire change to Michelin Primacy 3 ST coming up tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks