Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2013, 23:00   #4861
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Congrats @sansvk, wish you many million miles of happy driving.
Don't forget to upload lots of snaps and your review.

Last edited by techfreak : 17th October 2013 at 23:02.
Old 17th October 2013, 23:10   #4862
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Just received these key covers from eBay, (mycarkey). Feels nice soft & good to hold and quality is good.
I've got the same key cover. Its nice since the rubber finish prevents the key from easily slipping out of your hand or pocket. Even if that happens, the rubbery nature will absorb some of the shock of it hitting a hard surface.

I didn't find the quality of the Ford logo a problem, since the key never leaves my pocket!

Here's hoping your car arrives soon!
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 00:50   #4863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
Sorry to hear your plight, Abh1nav. I would only suggest a two-step process before you cancel
Thank you so much for your suggestions! I really appreciate the sentiment!

But, I'd like to say that even if I end up buying the Duster, it'll be without any regret. I will not spend over 10 lakhs on something I'm not 100 % happy with. I have always believed that both Ecosport and Duster are great compact SUVs, but Ford Managed to just kill it with the Ecosport pricing. But now, one price hike has already happened and it's quite possible that by the time my car is delivered, we'd see another one. At the same time, Duster is now available with some neat offers.

This decision is also based on the opinion of my parents, especially my mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Well, am in the same spot! Only difference is I haven't booked one yet!
Getting a a confirmed delivery date for the Ecosport even when you haven't booked one yet? Good luck with that!

You are absolutely correct about the 75K-90K premium part, as I was told the exact thing by a Renault Dealer, who happens to own a Ford dealership as well. Honestly, even if the dealer or anyone denies this, all of us know that such things are happening.

If you wish to get an Ecosport without paying a premium or pulling some strings, I guess you'd have to wait till Feb-March 2014 for a clear picture. It also depends on the variant you opt for. In my case, the Trend/Ambiente variants booked at the same time as mine are scheduled for delivery by this month's end, while Titanium and Titanium (O) are getting stretched till Jan-Feb 2014.
Abh1nav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 01:30   #4864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
The black strip has already started to become whitish. Applying wax/polish restores the black color for the time being but on a longer run it worsens the black plastic.
I suggest you try a dedicated trim restorer or one which protects trim for long. A wax,sealant or polish is meant only for the body panels, not for the plastics as it makes them whitish. A good,cost-effective polish for the trims alone is CarPro PERL. It can be diluted at 1:5 and applied on external plastics. Will keep the trim 'black' for a month if there is no rain or usage of a pressure washer.

The trim restorers are much more expensive,but will protect your trim for a few years at the least. This is what i plan to use on my car ,once Ford decides to give me one. Here's a good video on what 'trim restorer' does and how to apply it

Last edited by shashank.nk : 18th October 2013 at 01:31.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 02:47   #4865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
My dealer (Capital Ford, Bhubaneswar) says that the rear wheel cover which is quoted at approx Rs 10000-11000 is a compulsory add-on on the car. However I do not buy this idea. Have any of you been told by the dealers the same by any chance?
It is definitely optional. Do not succumb to the dealer's pressure and write to custmail. THey generally respon to such mails resonably fast. Take a print out and share it with the dealer.

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th October 2013 at 12:40. Reason: Closing quote tag.
Old 18th October 2013, 08:27   #4866
BHPian

With a June prebooking, i am still waiting for delivery of my Ecoboost.

The dealer had quoted a waiting period of 6 months which should have meant delivery by November end. However, (on repeated follow up with the dealer and Ford) received an email from the dealer that delivery would be in December.

This was confirmed by a call from the Ford Chennai Plant. (Phone No. : 044 67442400)

Any suggestions on taking delivery in December? Would i be losing out in terms of the model being a year older whenever i decide to sell the vehicle?
Old 18th October 2013, 09:03   #4867
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review - SYNC Update AM5T-14D544-LD

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
Dear Ecosport Titanium & Titanium (O) Owners,

I am presenting a Step by Step process note below on how to upload the SYNC update AM5T-14D544-LD on your Titanium Models below :

Step 1 : Register yourself on the Ford SYNC Owners by using the following link :
https://www.secure.india.ford.com/sy...=1249016630254
I couldnt register. They have some weird conditions like 10 digit mobile number starting with zero, 4 digit zip code etc. Is it just me or am I missing something?
Old 18th October 2013, 10:26   #4868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauncolaco View Post
Would i be losing out in terms of the model being a year older whenever i decide to sell the vehicle?
Yes, the vehicle would be considered a year older. That is how it is in the used car market.
That is the reason year end discounts are available by dealers to clear their stock sometimes & sales are slow in the year end
anks_at is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 11:16   #4869
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
Getting a a confirmed delivery date for the Ecosport even when you haven't booked one yet? Good luck with that!
Lol! Actually reading all the experiences of folks here reg. the booking and delivery I was pretty sure it will be the same for me! Add to that the booking amount refund woes, and I decided to stay away.

Didn't book one but had a few test drives, spoke to people who got their's out of turn, spoke to people who promised to deliver one out of turn, tried to reason with myself about the wait etc. but something just didn't fit!

Like you said, when you are spending a million bucks on a car you would want to be 100% sure about it!
Old 18th October 2013, 11:51   #4870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Also can anybody share the prices of the accessories that are on option. I am particularly interested in getting the front illuminated scuff plates, roof cross bars and rear camera for my Ecosport 1.0 Titanium (O). However I am not sure if these accessories are value for money. Any lead to the prices would be really helpful.
Here you go for some of them. The quality of accessories is good but they are definitely pricey.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131018_115132.png
Views: 3630
Size:  207.7 KB
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 12:17   #4871
VBR
BHPian

I pity all the souls who are still waiting for their ES anxiously. I'm on the same page.
On a lighter note :

Name:  ForumRunner_20131018_121725.png
Views: 3582
Size:  135.4 KB
VBR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 12:28   #4872
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review - SYNC Update AM5T-14D544-LD

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I couldnt register. They have some weird conditions like 10 digit mobile number starting with zero, 4 digit zip code etc. Is it just me or am I missing something?
Naveen, I had problems also initially registering for SYNC. Try typing 0 followed by 9 digits of your Mobile leaving out the last digit. For the 4 digit Zip code also follow the same logic 6000. I just can't believe a Company like Ford launches a product in India like SYNC and forgets to update the website to India specific information like Zip codes and 10 digit Mobile Phone numbers. Some idiot in the SYNC team needs to be given a kick.
royfernandez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 15:52   #4873
Senior - BHPian

Maybe this will interest some so posting:

1. Set of chrome strips for every possible area: Rs.1575/-
Description says "3M tape is attached at the back". Not sure how it works for most things like lights/window frames etc.

http://www.autogully.in/exterior/imp...65791-cat.html

2. Projector headlamp assembly : Rs.26750/- (DIY installation else local mech charges extra)

http://www.autogully.in/modified-hea...67-45762832279
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 17:09   #4874
avm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Maybe this will interest some so posting:

1. Set of chrome strips for every possible area: Rs.1575/-
Description says "3M tape is attached at the back". Not sure how it works for most things like lights/window frames etc.

http://www.autogully.in/exterior/imp...65791-cat.html

2. Projector headlamp assembly : Rs.26750/- (DIY installation else local mech charges extra)

http://www.autogully.in/modified-hea...67-45762832279
Hi Nilesh, you wont believe, but I had spoken to these guys at autogully.in 4 days ago and had given him the description of these modified headlamps.
He did not have this option for Ecosport on his website then.

And now I see your post !! haha. the world is fast!

Nevertheless, I had spoken to him and he can give a discount as well.
Moreover, if we are ready to send our original headlamps to Delhi and get the work done on those, he will charge even lesser.

I'm extremely keen on getting this done, but I'm hearing mixed reviews from people. Also, I spoke to couple of other vendors in Bangalore, and they said that such headlamps will be available everywhere for somewhere between 20k-25k in the next few weeks. So this will avoid the hassle of getting the modification done in Delhi and waiting for the lamps to be shipped to us.

I'm getting my monster tomorrow Going straight to get my roof wrapped with glossy black vinyls. Will post pics soon.

Cheers!
Old 18th October 2013, 20:48   #4875
BHPian

Received this accessories list from Chennai Ford today.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Accessories Ecosport PRICE LIST.xlsx (80.1 KB, 677 views)
HighwayBuddha is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks