Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2021, 00:01   #12361
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I understand from this thread that overall, the EcoSport is quite a reliable car (and also fun to drive).

But this link below seems to indicate that the India-made EcoSport sold in US isn’t very reliable (ranked 9th in least reliable cars sold in US).

Link: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...vs/6337648002/

I’m trying to reconcile how this makes sense - are cars made in India, in general, less reliable as auto plants in India aren’t as capable quality-wise vs global production hubs (US, Japan)? Or might it be something else?
Old 30th March 2021, 14:35   #12362

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Could you give some more details on what was causing the issue exactly and what did the ASS do in order to resolve it? Did the service center provide any clarity on this ? If the cause/genesis of the issue is known, it would be more helpful for all users of the car.

I am not sure about what caused the issue, I think the service center cleaned the DPF filter and checked for any error logs and would have updated the ECU. They did not provide any clarity on the work done, they said they have cleaned the filter and updated the software.
Balu krishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 18:34   #12363
Senior - BHPian

Quick question on Auto mode of the ACC. I have so far driven cars with manual AC only, and also used non-auto mode on my son's Verna in order to prevent it from going to fresh air mode in dirty areas.

My question is how to turn off the 'Auto' mode, if I have already selected it? In the Verna, putting it in 'recirculate' mode turns if off, as also pressing the Auto button again. But this does not seem to do the trick on the Ecosport. I think changing the blower speed is the only option to get rid of the Auto mode. Am I right?

Another question i have is on setting presets on radio stations. I do not find the user manual friendly because it refers to the first-gen ICE, and not the sync3 system. The Fiesta had a rapid auto-tuning mode by which it would lock on to all stations available, and i could then load those into preset numbers.
Old 31st March 2021, 18:55   #12364

Finally got our prized possession just before Holi, waited almost three months to get it delivered.
Booked diesel but due to shortage of supply and unavailability of colours settled with the Petrol, not to mention family members were in favour of petrol from the beginning.
I am super happy though, enjoying the ride thoroughly.

Thanks team-bhp and the people here, your guidance and knowledge helped me to take the right decision.

Presenting 'Toothless'.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20210327_173624__01.jpg  

subhraDS is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 20:19   #12365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Quick question on Auto mode of the ACC. I have so far driven cars with manual AC only, and also used non-auto mode on my son's Verna in order to prevent it from going to fresh air mode in dirty areas.

My question is how to turn off the 'Auto' mode, if I have already selected it? In the Verna, putting it in 'recirculate' mode turns if off, as also pressing the Auto button again. But this does not seem to do the trick on the Ecosport. I think changing the blower speed is the only option to get rid of the Auto mode. Am I right?

Another question i have is on setting presets on radio stations. I do not find the user manual friendly because it refers to the first-gen ICE, and not the sync3 system. The Fiesta had a rapid auto-tuning mode by which it would lock on to all stations available, and i could then load those into preset numbers.
From my experience the Ecosport climate control stays in recirculation mode once it's turned on in Auto mode. I don't recall it ever switching to fresh air mode on it's own.

Since I'm not in the car now, IIRC making any change to the settings apart from the temperature disables the auto mode, so you can either increase / decrease the blower, change where the air should blow or can just press the auto button to turn it or off.

For the radio, you'll see a list of auto presets in the radio screen, just go to the radio station you want and touch and hold a preset to save it in that location.
Old 31st March 2021, 20:20   #12366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhraDS View Post
Finally got our prized possession just before Holi, waited almost three months to get it delivered.
Booked diesel but due to shortage of supply and unavailability of colours settled with the Petrol, not to mention family members were in favour of petrol from the beginning.
Congratulations, and great choice of colour. Really love the lightning blue on the Ecosport, especially with the blacked out details on the S variant. Good call to go with the fully loaded sports version. I picked up the same model and colour, just that it was with the TDCI engine. Wish you lot of happy journeys in the car.

By the way, did you take delivery in West Bengal or Karnataka?

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 31st March 2021 at 20:23.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 22:52   #12367

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Congratulations, and great choice of colour. Really love the lightning blue on the Ecosport, especially with the blacked out details on the S variant. Good call to go with the fully loaded sports version. I picked up the same model and colour, just that it was with the TDCI engine. Wish you lot of happy journeys in the car.

By the way, did you take delivery in West Bengal or Karnataka?
Thank you so so much.
fun fact: our first choice was canyon ridge, only after seeing your post here we decided to check the blue in person and finalized the color

took delivery here in West Bengal, considering the situation of covid and extended WFH options. I have a plan to take the vehicle with me once I return, depending on the situation will have to pay the road tax though.
Paid 5 years tax as we have an option here, unlike Karnataka.
subhraDS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 15:14   #12368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John316_WRC View Post
Prospective buyers, here's some info for you.

IMPENDING PRICE INCREASE ACROSS FORD RANGE.

This was implemented in Hyderabad from yesterday (April 3rd). The diesel S version costs nearly 40k more on road now (including increase in insurance and life tax). I'm surely lucky I escaped this price hike!

Also, I was told the Endy costs 80k more now ex-showroom!! On road, it might be more than a lakh!
Old 5th April 2021, 18:28   #12369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
This was implemented in Hyderabad from yesterday (April 3rd). The diesel S version costs nearly 40k more on road now (including increase in insurance and life tax). I'm surely lucky I escaped this price hike!

Also, I was told the Endy costs 80k more now ex-showroom!! On road, it might be more than a lakh!
I second that. I have booked the Titanium Diesel and luckily there is no price rise for this model. My advisor also informed of the 80k rise for Endeavour and 20k rise for some of the other models of Ford.
Old 6th April 2021, 02:54   #12370

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshift View Post
I second that. I have booked the Titanium Diesel and luckily there is no price rise for this model. My advisor also informed of the 80k rise for Endeavour and 20k rise for some of the other models of Ford.
Titanium Diesel is presently priced just under 10 lacs (ex-showroom). Any price hike would take it to next road tax slab in some locations including Hyderabad (12 to 14%). I'm speculating this to be reason why Ford didn't raise the price for Titanium foreseeing significant loss of sales due to increased total cost of ownership (TCO). Moreover, there's more scrutiny for car purchase transactions over 10 lacs by IT. Whereas Titanium S is already is priced over 10 lacs so, it may not matter much if price is hiked.
Old 8th April 2021, 10:35   #12371
BHPian

Found paint peeling off from near the roof rails above the driver side door while cleaning the car today. Could this be a accident coverup or paint defect in manufacturing? How do I take it up with the dealer?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20210408_095253.jpg  

Old 8th April 2021, 10:37   #12372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhraDS View Post
I am super happy though, enjoying the ride thoroughly.

Thanks team-bhp and the people here, your guidance and knowledge helped me to take the right decision.

Presenting 'Toothless'.
Congratulations on your new ride.
WizSatish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 11:20   #12373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizSatish View Post
Found paint peeling off from near the roof rails above the driver side door while cleaning the car today. Could this be a accident coverup or paint defect in manufacturing? How do I take it up with the dealer?
This looks to be a paint defect. Show it to the dealer and in parallel also drop an email to Ford. In my experience they are very prompt in responding and this section will be repainted.
Old 8th April 2021, 14:35   #12374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
This looks to be a paint defect. Show it to the dealer and in parallel also drop an email to Ford. In my experience they are very prompt in responding and this section will be repainted.
Thanks Tarun. Will try this out.
Old 8th April 2021, 20:20   #12375

Hello Everyone,
I have been going through the posts in the thread for quite sometime and felt that this was the best place get my doubts cleared.
I am presently looking to purchase a CSUV and the Ford Ecosport Diesel Titanium (S) is something that I am looking into apart from other cars.

However the dilema here is the longevity of Ford in India, which is the big question. Since I plan to keep the vehicle for about 7-8 years before acquiring another one would be at peace to know that the manufacturer hasn't shut shop.
I have taken a test drive and I do like the car barring a few things.

I currently own a VW Polo so the switch to a Ford is similar.

What would be the suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks