Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2018, 12:40   #11611
BHPian

Re: 2016 Ecosport Diesel 30000km Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
I did the Sync update yesterday. The one noticeable difference I found was that the bass seems to be high, even at the flat equalizer settings.
I have a 2014 model year Ecosport (without applink) and never got a sync update notification till date. I remember you have option to control bass / treble settings manually also, including making it -ve. See if you can find that in menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
So this light greeted me this morning.

I think this warning indicates there is some kind of mixture (water / additive) in the diesel?
I first encountered this error when my car was around 10-20k. The service center guys were unable to fix this after trying a lot as they said everything looked good. After driving 100kms the warning went away. Now my car is 3.5yrs 56k km old. Of late my car started showing this warning along with ABS malfunction. The service center guys now says its due to weak battery which needs a replacement soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
The servicing was completed by the evening & the total bill was Rs. 5722, quite reasonable if you ask me & I also did get the air filter changed (Ford recommends a 20000km interval for air filter change).
Well they clean and replace air filter on every alternate service. I noticed that off late they have become too lazy to clean and insist on replacing every 10k. The air filter is pretty cheap though.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 20:37   #11612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Well they clean and replace air filter on every alternate service. I noticed that off late they have become too lazy to clean and insist on replacing every 10k. The air filter is pretty cheap though.
Well the FASS I visit always insist that cleaning the air filter is sufficient, I have to specifically ask them to get the air filter replaced. Our car passes through a lot of dusty roads, hence I make it a point to get the air filter replaced at every service. Anyways, like you said, the air filter is pretty cheap.
chiranjitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 06:11   #11613
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Hello everyone, my 23k km run ecosport has developed a "krrrrrr" sound from the AC which sounds like something stuck in the blower behind the glove box. Its louder in recirculation mode and gets faster with increasing fan speeds. Would it be easy doing a DIY job on that or do I take it to FASS. (I'd have to miss a day of college for the latter). Also, has anyone else experienced this problem with their cars?
Old 19th March 2018, 12:16   #11614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
Hello everyone, my 23k km run ecosport has developed a "krrrrrr" sound from the AC which sounds like something stuck in the blower behind the glove box. Its louder in recirculation mode and gets faster with increasing fan speeds. Would it be easy doing a DIY job on that or do I take it to FASS. (I'd have to miss a day of college for the latter). Also, has anyone else experienced this problem with their cars?
I have a similar sound but for me the sound comes from the AC control panel. I hear a krrr sound like gears grinding inside the AC control panel whenever I change the mode of the AC, for e.g air direction etc. I got it checked during my periodic service. The technician lubricated the "gear mechanism" inside the panel, but that didn't help much. So they discussed amongst themselves and decided to change the entire AC control unit. It would have been covered under warranty but they wanted to keep the car for three four days to discuss further with Ford which was not possible for me, so I brought the car back. Will get it checked with a FNG and get their advise as well.
Old 19th March 2018, 21:38   #11615
BHPian

Quote:
I also conveyed the same thing to my SA, thankfully Ford replaced both the discs under warranty. After that the vibrations were gone, but the screeching noise is still there. What do you guys think?? What might be the problem?? I believe that if the screeching noise issue is not resolved, even the new pair of discs will show the same problem after sometime.
UPDATE:

Yesterday I made one more visit to the FASS to solve this issue. My regular SA was on leave, so a different SA was assigned to me. Some of the senior guys gathered around & discussed the problem, they came to the conclusion that the brake pads needs to be replaced. I argued that the brake pads seemed to have lots of life left in them & requested them to at least have a proper look on the wear. What they found was incredible, the brake pads hadn't worn out a bit, they were like new.

They came to the conclusion that the brake pads had become hard & this caused the warped discs. Normally brake pads are not covered under warranty, but still I made a request to the Workshop Manager to change these under warranty as this was a clear case of manufacturing defect. I have had this problem since the car was new & this was also properly documented in their service records. After some discussion they agreed to replace the brake pads under Goodwill Warranty .

Now the screeching noise is gone & even the brakes seem to be working slightly better. I have started to like Ford after sales service, when was the last time you heard that both brake discs & pads were changed under warranty, that too in a car which has done 30k km. Things like this go a long way in building customer satisfaction.

The new brake pads:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-brake-pad-new.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-brake-pad-new-2.jpg

The old brake pads:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-brake-pad-old-2.jpg

Notice the lack of wear on these brake pads, almost looks similar to the new ones.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-brake-pad-old.jpg

Last edited by chiranjitp : 19th March 2018 at 21:42.
chiranjitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 23:10   #11616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
I have a similar sound but for me the sound comes from the AC control panel. I hear a krrr sound like gears grinding inside the AC control panel whenever I change the mode of the AC, for e.g air direction etc. I got it checked during my periodic service. The technician lubricated the "gear mechanism" inside the panel, but that didn't help much. So they discussed amongst themselves and decided to change the entire AC control unit. It would have been covered under warranty but they wanted to keep the car for three four days to discuss further with Ford which was not possible for me, so I brought the car back. Will get it checked with a FNG and get their advise as well.
Hmm, sounds like they're two different problems. I will be visiting FASS tomorrow to get this blower issue resolved. Btw, I wouldn't let any FNG come close to any work related to the dashboard (I have trust issues and I HATE rattles)
Old 20th March 2018, 15:21   #11617
BHPian

Quote:
Update: Visited fortune ford service center today. They replaced the cabin air filter saying it was clogged but that didn't help, the "krrrr" sound was still present. They acknowledged that there is something stuck in the blower and *drum roll* they have to open up the entire dashboard to access it. . I said I'll take time to think about it. What's surprising is that most commuter cars have a very easily accessible blower motor that can be easily cleaned, ford engineers probably didn't like the idea of anything being DIY friendly and easy to get to .
The mechanic asked me to not worry about the sound and that it's okay to drive with it.
Guys, any suggestions on what to do?
Old 20th March 2018, 19:16   #11618
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Update: Visited fortune ford service center today. They replaced the cabin air filter saying it was clogged but that didn't help, the "krrrr" sound was still present
Does this noise come on the moment you put the key to ignition?

I've been noticing this too. A couple of mechanics (though both from the same ASC) said it is the ambient temp sensor noise. Since the car has ACC, it is the sensor coming on.

I don't really buy this explanation but I don't see a choice.
Old 20th March 2018, 19:56   #11619
BHPian

Quote:
Update: Visited fortune ford service center today. They replaced the cabin air filter saying it was clogged but that didn't help, the "krrrr" sound was still present. They acknowledged that there is something stuck in the blower and *drum roll* they have to open up the entire dashboard to access it.
Did you check if the sound exists with only the blower on [Without cooling compressor running]? or your hear it all the time.
Did you try changing air blow direction knob? Defog mode too has this noise?

-UB
Old 20th March 2018, 21:12   #11620
BHPian

Quote:

Now the screeching noise is gone & even the brakes seem to be working slightly better. I have started to like Ford after sales service, when was the last time you heard that both brake discs & pads were changed under warranty, that too in a car which has done 30k km. Things like this go a long way in building customer satisfaction.
I too have recurring issues with the brakes of my EcoSport. At times they make a grinding noise and at times they just vibrate to an extent that I feel the I won't be able to stop in time. And no, that's not the typical ABS kicking in. It's more pronounced when the road surface is a little uneven.

For this I have already got the brake pads and the disc changed twice within warranty. However no respite.

Quote:
Update: Visited fortune ford service center today. They replaced the cabin air filter saying it was clogged but that didn't help, the "krrrr" sound was still present. They acknowledged that there is something stuck in the blower and *drum roll* they have to open up the entire dashboard to access it.
The mechanic asked me to not worry about the sound and that it's okay to drive with it.
Again a similar thing with my car too. Though I hear that "Krrr" sound from the CD player when I turn on the ignition for the first time in the day. Rest of the times haven't noticed sound but will keep a watch tomorrow.

Maybe it's the same on your car too?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th April 2018 at 11:34. Reason: Trimmed quoted post for improved readability
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 22:26   #11621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
I too have recurring issues with the brakes of my EcoSport. At times they make a grinding noise and at times they just vibrate to an extent that I feel the I won't be able to stop in time. And no, that's not the typical ABS kicking in. It's more pronounced when the road surface is a little uneven.
Our car also shows this problem of the brake pedal vibrating while braking in uneven rural roads, I believe this is caused due to the ABS kicking in. On the other hand our Punto Emotion (equipped with ABS) didn't have this problem, the ABS hardly kicked in while driving through uneven rural roads, our car was also fitted with Michelin XM2s (185/70 R14).

I believe the ABS kicks in so early in the Ecosport due to the less grippy Goodyear tyres or maybe the ABS is calibrated too aggressively. Whatever the reason, the brakes on our Punto were better. This problem of the brake pedal vibrating (in the Ecosport) while braking in loose surface can be a bit unnerving, the car simply takes too long to stop.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 20th March 2018 at 22:32.
Old 21st March 2018, 08:47   #11622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB_007 View Post
Did you check if the sound exists with only the blower on [Without cooling compressor running]? or your hear it all the time.
Did you try changing air blow direction knob? Defog mode too has this noise?

-UB
Yes, the sound exists whenever the blower is on. Every mode that blows out air has this noise.

Update: I opened up the glovebox area to have a better look at this, the blower is deep behind the dashboard. Used my phone camera to see inside it's housing. A small piece of styrofoam stuck in the fan blades is the culprit. It's tough to remove it, hoping it wears and tears away in a few days.
Old 21st March 2018, 09:41   #11623
BHPian

Quote:
Our car also shows this problem of the brake pedal vibrating while braking in uneven rural roads, I believe this is caused due to the ABS kicking in. On the other hand our Punto Emotion (equipped with ABS) didn't have this problem, the ABS hardly kicked in while driving through uneven rural roads, our car was also fitted with Michelin XM2s (185/70 R14).

I believe the ABS kicks in so early in the Ecosport due to the less grippy Goodyear tyres or maybe the ABS is calibrated too aggressively. too long.
One question - If the ABS is kicking in early, should'bt the ABS light glow on the console? I probably have never seen that light glow.
Even the FASS guys mentioned that this not because of the ABS kicking in.

On another note - the "Krrr" sound from the CD player came today and right after the car was started, the sound went off.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th April 2018 at 11:35. Reason: Trimmed quoted post for improved readability
Old 21st March 2018, 20:24   #11624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
One question - If the ABS is kicking in early, should'bt the ABS light glow on the console? I probably have never seen that light glow.
Even the FASS guys mentioned that this not because of the ABS kicking in.
AFAIK the ABS light doesn't glow when the ABS kicks in, it only comes on when there is a malfunction of the ABS system. Even in our Punto I don't remember ever seeing the ABS light blinking while braking.

Still, this problem might be due to something else. Let me drive on some broken rural roads now (with the new brake discs & pads) & see if there are any changes to the braking behavior.
Old 22nd March 2018, 09:38   #11625
BHPian

Quote:
Used my phone camera to see inside it's housing. A small piece of styrofoam stuck in the fan blades is the culprit. It's tough to remove it, hoping it wears and tears away in a few days.
Please share the photograph here for the benefit of other owners.

Try using a thin stiff wire with the end bent in a U to hook and pull out the styrofoam piece.
hemant.kamat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks