Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2021, 17:09   #12226
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
No, previous generation Verna manual did have that but this latest 2020 model doesn't have it.

Let me know the page number of this screenshot, I will post a picture of the physical owners manual coming with Verna 2020 SX Petrol.
It is before the table of contents, page 10.

You can download it off the internet.
Old 12th February 2021, 05:20   #12227

Are the PU Leather seat covers offered by Ford any good? Material feels premium to the touch. Has anyone opted for them recently? Or, would you suggest going for some aftermarket ones?

I'm not very sure about dropping 15 to 20k on aftermarket ones and still get cheap materials. All I need is something to cover the fabric seats with and give sufficient grip. I'd rather spend that money on fuel and go on a road trip.
bharaththefreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 10:16   #12228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharaththefreak View Post
Are the PU Leather seat covers offered by Ford any good? Material feels premium to the touch. Has anyone opted for them recently? Or, would you suggest going for some aftermarket ones?

I'm not very sure about dropping 15 to 20k on aftermarket ones and still get cheap materials. All I need is something to cover the fabric seats with and give sufficient grip. I'd rather spend that money on fuel and go on a road trip.
I have got official Ford accessories seat cover for my Aspire as my need is same as yours.

Refer here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4597531 (Ford Aspire : Official Review)

It's been 2 years & I am satisfied with the product.

No wear n tear or fitting issue, didn't get hard & kept the seating comfort as it was.

Very easy to clean, specially now after Covid, abundance of liquid alcohol based sanitizer makes it so easy clean with bit of spraying & cleaning it with Microfiber.

Thanks.

Last edited by NaXal : 12th February 2021 at 10:17. Reason: Fixing stupid auto correct mistake
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 11:18   #12229
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

I booked an Ecosport TDCI Titanium on Jan 28th in Bangalore(PPS Lalbagh). They gave me a delivery date of 28th March. Is this accurate?
We have booked 2 white Ecosport TDCI Titanium and awaiting delivery in my close circle.

The first car was booked on 24th Dec (before the production delay comes in) he was offered a car on mid-Jan which was postponed due to some other commitments. By Jan end he requested for the car (after the production delay in place) and the dealer committed for mid-March delivery.

The second one was booked on 2nd Feb. The dealer clearly explained the production delay and said will be possible to delivery only by mid-May. As the car is needed for his marriage to be happened by late March, we are trying to push the dealer, but the dealer was is committing anything before mid-April. He got an email also mentioning Apr delivery.
Old 12th February 2021, 15:46   #12230

Dealer has promised me that it won't be delayed past the date given now. But looking at the current situation, I'm not very confident.
Old 12th February 2021, 17:49   #12231
BHPian

Is anyone using Ford Pass app? The lock/unlock wasn't working for quite sometime and was planning to check during the first service. With the recent update, seems the option itself is now not available in the app.

Rejigging is done even on connected car apps
Old 12th February 2021, 19:16   #12232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
The dealer clearly explained the production delay and said will be possible to delivery only by mid-May
Quote:
Dealer has promised me that it won't be delayed past the date given now. But looking at the current situation, I'm not very confident.
Ford India, like most of the other auto manufacturers, is struggling due to erratic supply of semiconductor chips and steel. This has hit the production capacity quite bad.
Old 13th February 2021, 17:31   #12233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizSatish View Post
Is anyone using Ford Pass app? The lock/unlock wasn't working for quite sometime and was planning to check during the first service. With the recent update, seems the option itself is now not available in the app.

I've faced the same issue earlier when I tried to lock/ unlock/ start/ stop. Later tried sitting inside the car unlocked with accessory mode on, tried to lock through the app and it worked. Turned the car off and got out, tried locking the car through the app again and it worked. Start engine worked as well, but somehow it didn't allow me to stop.

Regarding the lock/ unlock being removed from the app, I've not yet updated and the functionality is still working. I'll rather not update it now.
raiuday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 18:32   #12234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizSatish View Post
With the recent update, seems the option itself is now not available in the app.

I have not heard of any kind of ommision. I have the updated app and the option to lock/unlock/remote start engine is still available.

Can you please let us know which variant do you have?

On a separate note, took the car out on the highway recently for an airport run and managed to get an average of 15.0 kmpl (mid claimed). This was with cruise control used 90% of the time (I have a Titanium AT)
Shiftlock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 22:36   #12235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiuday View Post
I've faced the same issue earlier when I tried to lock/ unlock/ start/ stop. Later tried sitting inside the car unlocked with accessory mode on, tried to lock through the app and it worked. Turned the car off and got out, tried locking the car through the app again and it worked. Start engine worked as well, but somehow it didn't allow me to stop.

Regarding the lock/ unlock being removed from the app, I've not yet updated and the functionality is still working. I'll rather not update it now.
Thanks Raiuday. Will try your method next time it doesn't work. Suddenly now the lock/unlock options are showing up on the app and started working. I'm guessing glitch in the app. Hopefully it continues to work.
WizSatish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 22:41   #12236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
I have not heard of any kind of ommision. I have the updated app and the option to lock/unlock/remote start engine is still available.

Can you please let us know which variant do you have?

On a separate note, took the car out on the highway recently for an airport run and managed to get an average of 15.0 kmpl (mid claimed). This was with cruise control used 90% of the time (I have a Titanium AT)
Now started showing up on the app. 15kmpl is really good for the petrol AT. I recently did a highway run of 400kms and achieved 25kmpl on the MID using a class leading speed limiter(The Missus)
Mine is a Diesel Sports due for its first service this week with 2300km on the odo.
Old 14th February 2021, 00:03   #12237
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

I booked an Ecosport TDCI Titanium on Jan 28th in Bangalore(PPS Lalbagh). They gave me a delivery date of 28th March. Is this accurate? Are there chances of getting the car before the promised date(fingers crossed) or get delayed(god forbid)? I've seen a bunch of 2021 ecosports in Bangalore with TBHP decals. Wanted to check with someone with a little more experience in this section than me. This is my first car and I can't wait to start driving this beauty.
Quote:
Hi there, congratulations on the White Ecosport! I too booked my Ecosport TDCi Titanium on 23rd Jan 2021 and dealer clearly mentioned it will be 90days and I stay 25kms from the factory(not that it matters). I am starting to get restless to get my hands on my car and it has been only 22 days.

As already mentioned by other members before. Production has been hit by the semiconductor and steel shortage and the dealers themselves do not have any clue when they will get the car. However my dealer mentioned that they receive update from Ford on the 5th of every month on the list of vehicles they will be getting again at the orders punched in by them. So maybe check with your dealer on the 5th of March to get an idea.

BTW I let my parents choose the colour for my car. My mom said Diamond White and my dad said Canyon Ridge. I told them they were wrong and booked the Absolute Black.

I wish ford offered the White Gold shade available on the Figo triplets as an option for the Ecosport. That is such a classy looking shade in the flesh.

Last edited by Shanksta : 14th February 2021 at 00:17.
Old 22nd February 2021, 10:46   #12238
BHPian

Friends, is this the right time to book Ecosport? After year long thinking, test drives(new cars and segment above used cars), reading, finally I made choice to book Ecosport titanium diesel. So, I booked it last week. I got zero discounts in Cauvery ford Bangalore, and waiting period is more than 6 weeks. I can write a detailed blog about my decision and supporting notes.

I'm the one of those who voted NO in this thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ly-matter.html (New car, but old platform : Does it really matter?)

This is my thread about initial thought process: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...-v-tucson.html (New C2-segment SUV (Creta, Seltos) vs used Premium SUV (CR-V, Tucson))

Few notes:
1) I've ditched my Seltos booking because of poor crash test rating, brake issues etc. And didn't even bother with Creta.
2) I've chosen diesel car over NA petrol(my fav), because of very good NVH in Ecosport.
3) Settled for smaller car as it offers move VFM than any other car, except Kicks. But Nissan India's future worried me. My friends(currently owns Nissan cars) aren't in favor of buying Nissan Kicks.
4) I put a considerable amount of effort but couldn't find used cars with reasonable price in Bangalore. People expect 70-75% of on road price after using for <5 years or 50k-70k kms. I feel most used cars in Bangalore are at least 10-15% inflated, which makes it difficult for buyers. If I find anything interesting in this waiting period, I will cancel my booking in favor of used big car.
Old 22nd February 2021, 11:01   #12239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Friends, is this the right time to book Ecosport? After year long thinking, test drives(new cars and segment above used cars), reading, finally I made choice to book Ecosport titanium diesel. So, I booked it last week. I got zero discounts in Cauvery ford Bangalore, and waiting period is more than 6 weeks. I can write a detailed blog about my decision and supporting notes.
Hi Ramki,
The Ecosport is a wonderful car with amazing build quality and good dynamics. If budget permits I would suggest stretching to the Titanium S Tdci. You would get a fun to drive car with additional safety kit like 6 airbags and tpms along with the fabulous Sync3 system.

All the news about a facelift do not seem concrete but if you can wait for a couple of months then a few launches like the Kushaq may be worth considering. Otherwise the Ecosport is a wonderful choice and congrats on the booking.
Shiftlock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 11:16   #12240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
All the news about a facelift do not seem concrete but if you can wait for a couple of months then a few launches like the Kushaq may be worth considering. Otherwise the Ecosport is a wonderful choice and congrats on the booking.
Thank you Shiftlock. Yes, i will wait for Kushaq's launch on 18th as the tentative delivery date for Ecosport is April first week.

I'd love to go for S variant but it is 2 lacs more than titanium, thanks to crappy road tax in KA. S has additional 4 airbags as the only feature from my bucket list, rest of the features are "nice to haves", i can live without those.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks