Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2020, 20:20   #12106
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

My car was coming back from Chennai to native place today and the driver noticed a warning symbol on the dash (Malfunction warning - pic attached). Asked to stop the car and check turbo hose, wire loose connections, oil & coolant check, fan etc. Luckily everything was ok.

He started the car after 30 minutes and there was no warning. Immediately I spoke to a senior technician (very knowledgeable) of Chennai Ford.

He asked for these symptoms:

- Any jerk while driving
- Pickup loss
- Starting trouble

As nothing is found, he suspects the malfunction light would have come at high speed (>100) due to some variation in the fuel pressure. I need to drive and take it to SC if required. Any other pointers from gurus?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-warning.jpg  

Old 4th October 2020, 19:07   #12107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
My car was coming back from Chennai to native place today and the driver noticed a warning symbol on the dash (Malfunction warning - pic attached).
Co-incidentally even I got a CEL and Transmission malfunction warning on my 2015 AT today. The car was running absolutely fine. The transmission warning went away on it's own in about 10secs. The CEL is still on but there is nothing wrong with the way the car is running. I suspect the battery voltage is low considering I don't run the car that much these days.
Old 9th October 2020, 16:36   #12108
BHPian

Hi everyone! So i need a few opinions regarding the tires on my diesel Ecosport titanium 2018.
I've been running the Yoko Bluearth RV-02 in the stock size i.e. 205/60 R16 for about 54-55k km and they've served me well. Only 2 slow punctures in the whole duration, and they could still do another 5-7k km easily. For anyone looking for a short review, they're above-average tires, that do almost everything well, but don't really excel in any one area. Its all a bit pointless though as both the RV02 & the AE50 are set to be replaced by the made in India AE51.

Therein lies my dilemma, should I just wait till I hit the tread-wear markers, or just get new ones already, as I think there'll be fewer options once the dealers exhaust their stocks of imported tires.

Also, i have the 6J alloy wheels on my car, and I just learned that 205 is the maximum width that could be put on this wheel. Could I benefit in any way by upgrading to 6.5J wheels? I've been looking to upgrade anyway and this could be the last push for me.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 30th October 2020 at 11:37. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
DrAakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 22:36   #12109
BHPian

Did engine flushing on my Ecosport ( Diesel 2015 model ) at 33944 km on the odo and 5.5k kms run and 17 months interval, since after the last oil change. The flushed engine oil was a bit dark due to the cleansing action of flushing liquid. There was not much of sludge that came out as well, as may be the engine was maintained properly with regular oil change.
But while driving after flushing, felt that the car became a bit smoother, also the jerk that I used to feel while accelerating from second gear in low rpm has also gone away.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20201001_125341.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20201001_125352.jpg
Flushed engine oil.

Simple procedure that I followed is shown in the small video below.

Last edited by topse : 9th October 2020 at 22:37. Reason: correction
topse is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 21:33   #12110
BANNED

Seeking some help guys for my 2014 tdci EcoSport. My driver side wiper arm was snapped by someone and ive been struggling to procure one and it is not in stock anywhere. I've been trying to retrofit some other arm but not sure. Anyone faced this issue ever. I checked the price though at it is 2150 a piece ��

For everyone's reference the pic of the snapped arm
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20200914_134946.jpg
akhilesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 00:49   #12111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
My driver side wiper arm was snapped...

Try here https://boodmo.com/catalog/4118-wipe...ford-ecosport/

Send them a query
Old 12th October 2020, 00:57   #12112
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Thanks but i already tried this. I see left one listed but not the right one i.e driver side
Old 12th October 2020, 10:03   #12113
BHPian

Yesterday during a drive in a off-road incline in 1st gear without any accelerator input my EcoSport TDCi was able to climb at an constant 9kmph, seems like the ECU was adjusting the RPM to maintain the set speed. Is this the anti-stall feature? In all other gears the MID shows the up-shift indicator when the RPM goes too low, so I didn't try it out in other gears. But in first gear even on steep inclines the car was able to maintain 8-9kmph without any accelerator input. It seems harmless on normal roads but is it safe to do so on inclines? It felt like I maybe straining the engine by doing so. I tried to search in the Manual as well, but couldn't find any related information.

Last edited by Funny : 12th October 2020 at 10:12.
Old 18th October 2020, 22:22   #12114
BHPian

Ecosport doesn't have ISOFIX child seat mounts on Titanium+ variants. I visited Ford dealership today and saw both Titanium+ and Titanium S variants and here are some observations and need experts to clarify on ISOFIX.

Titanium S variant had two hooks(side by side) in the rear of the rear seat. This was not there in Titanium+. The SA told that this hook is used to connect the childseat through belt mechanism and is ISOFIX. Is this correct? My understanding is that the ISOFIX is some mechanism/hook on the front. I also saw Altroz and Tigor later in the day and had the same observation. The Altroz had such a hook in the rear while Tigor did not. So, lot of confusion around this. Someone please tell me how to find if a car has ISOFIX and how is the rear hook relevant.

Two separate follow up questions:
  1. If there is no ISOFIX, how to fix the car seat without the seat moving during braking and accelerating? Is it even possible?
  2. SA says ISOFIX can be used only by an ISOFIX compatible car seat. Is this correct?
Old 19th October 2020, 06:42   #12115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
Ecosport doesn't have ISOFIX child seat mounts on Titanium+ variants.
Yes, the current Ecosport offers Isofix mounts only in the S variant.

Quote:
Titanium S variant had two hooks(side by side) in the rear of the rear seat. This was not there in Titanium+. The SA told that this hook is used to connect the childseat through belt mechanism and is ISOFIX. Is this correct?
Isofix mounts are the hooks embedded into the lower portion of the rear seats at junction of the backrest and seat. The Isofix seats get mounted using the latches on the child seat getting hooked to the hooks. And the single belt of child seat with the tether is hooked behind the seat.

Quote:
My understanding is that the ISOFIX is some mechanism/hook on the front.
No. It comprises of 2 hooks/latches in the seat and a hook behind the backrest.

Quote:
I also saw Altroz and Tigor later in the day and had the same observation. The Altroz had such a hook in the rear while Tigor did not.
Your observation is correct, this is how you identity availabilty of Isofix mounts in a car.

Quote:
Someone please tell me how to find if a car has ISOFIX and how is the rear hook relevant.
Answered above.

Quote:
If there is no ISOFIX, how to fix the car seat without the seat moving during braking and accelerating? Is it even possible?
Not all child seats are isofix. Most of them are fixed using belts. You'll see many ways how to securely fix a seat without isofix. I've a seat that is isofix but my car, Brezza (2016) doesn't have an isofix mount. I use seat belts to securely fix it on either side of rear seat. Currently, the seat is fixed in the middle of rear seat and secured with lap belt and some jugaad, that will be made permanent soon. The seat doesn't move much. Although isofix seats have much better fixation than when using oy belts.

Quote:
SA says ISOFIX can be used only by an ISOFIX compatible car seat. Is this correct?
In a way, yes Isofix can be used only with a compatible isofix car seat. But that doesn't mean you can use a non-isofix seat in a car with isofix mounts or a child seat without isofix in a car with isofix mounts. Isofix car seats are costlier than their non-isofix counterparts.

You'll find more details in here about Child seats.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 13:51   #12116
BHPian

Our 2013 EcoSport showed an 'engine oil pressure low, stop safely' warning for the second time in 4 months yesterday. The last time it happened, the engine oil level was low and we got it refilled at a service centre.

When we took it there again today, we were told that the frequency of this occurring is too high to be normal and that they would have to dismantle the engine to see what the problem was.

They have no estimate of how long it will take to fix as 'it will depend on what we see when we open the enigne'. They said we could expect charges of a whopping 1.5 L to fix it.

I read in the owners manual that the engine oil tends to require refilling at shorter intervals if the car is regularly run on short distances. This has been the case recently (<3km runs, two each day). Could this be why this is happening?

Can someone with knowledge in this field shed some light on what this could be?
Old 19th October 2020, 17:52   #12117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by francisvellara View Post
Our 2013 EcoSport showed an 'engine oil pressure low, stop safely' warning for the second time in 4 months yesterday. The last time it happened, the engine oil level was low and we got it refilled at a service centre.

When we took it there again today, we were told that the frequency of this occurring is too high to be normal and that they would have to dismantle the engine to see what the problem was.

They have no estimate of how long it will take to fix as 'it will depend on what we see when we open the enigne'. They said we could expect charges of a whopping 1.5 L to fix it.

I read in the owners manual that the engine oil tends to require refilling at shorter intervals if the car is regularly run on short distances. This has been the case recently (<3km runs, two each day). Could this be why this is happening?

Can someone with knowledge in this field shed some light on what this could be?
Was the oil level low during the 2nd instance after the refill?
There have been reports of such issues with some 2013 TDCI models. There are threads available in this forum, in some cases Ford did replace the Engine.
Old 20th October 2020, 20:46   #12118
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
Thanks but i already tried this. I see left one listed but not the right one i.e driver side
was able to search it with part no and placed the order to boodmo but their service has been pathetic till date and the expected delivery has been pushed twice. Don't think they'll deliver it.

Its quite surprising that none of the service centers, authorized spares distributors , apps etc have this in stock.. Only option I could think of is to retro fit some wiper arm which comes closet to this in terms of dimensions
Old 24th October 2020, 13:34   #12119
BHPian

Re: Door Latch Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustStarted View Post
Hello,

i am facing rear door locking issue in my 2013 ecosport, rear driver side is not locking

so what are my options here,complete latch need to be replaced or repair is possible ?

attaching video

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=N8KE...ature=Youtu.be

Thanks in advance.
After almost a week I started our car and the moment my sister tried to close the front passenger side door, this dreaded issue appeared, in my case the door is not even getting closed properly, similar thing happened with the tailgate last year. Globally it seems to be a recall due to a small plastic part connected to latching spring. The plastic becomes brittle over the time and finally gives way but ford India hasn't done anything about the recall, now my whole weekend plan is screwed.

Last edited by Lowflyer23 : 24th October 2020 at 13:42.
Old 29th October 2020, 21:06   #12120
BHPian

I own a 2013 Ecosport AT with 30k in the odometer.

Previous Sunday while in a slow-moving traffic I experienced jerking/shuddering in low gears (something you feel going too slow in 3/4 gear in a manual). While the car didn't stop, there was almost no power to move. I switched to S mode and tried to use the manual gear shift which unfortunately didn't improve anything. I struggled for couple of kilometers, then suddenly even the brake stopped responding for a moment with some warning beep (I couldn't see the warning). I put the gear to N and used handbrake to stop. Luckily there was no traffic where it happened.

After sometime I re-started but there was no power in pressing the A pedal, it just moved very slowly. My regular Ford SA and reception didn't answer after multiple calls. After some 20-30 minutes, I was able to reach another Ford dealer whose technician advised me to start the car and try the reverse, which worked. Then he asked me to put it to D mode and now it felt like everything is fine! The technician said sometime the gear doesn't engage in the slot and putting it in reverse can fix it.

While coming back in the evening, everything felt normal for some 4-5 km, then suddenly felt exactly the same problems like the morning. With similar struggle I was able drive the remaining 2-3km to reach home safely. I was now convinced that this was not some one-time issue. I called Ford service for pickup next day, but when the driver came after two days he was too scared to take it after hearing the issue. Their service center is some 15km away. So I arranged a towing service to drop the vehicle.

They couldn't tell me what is the issue for two days and then they closed for the Dussehra holidays. They didn't give me any update till this Tuesday and were not even answering my calls. I raised the issue with Ford Customer Care via email. Next day they got into some action and the SA told me in the evening that the clutch assembly needs replacement costing about 45k. There may be some more charges based on what they find during replacement.

I am skeptical as to how the clutch could give away without any reason in 30k. Did anyone face similar problem in the AT?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks