Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:06   #12241
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

@All Ecosport owners

A friend observed a noise from engine compartment. Following is the description of this noise:

"sharp whistle like sound when going for sudden acceleration foot down in D mode Ecosport 2017 DCT. like a bird chirping, not a constant whine. comes only for a brief moment. no other issue and no difference in car behavior on road"

Does someone have tips on what they could check? His car was sent to Ford dealership to check any problems while it is still in warranty, but they couldn't root cause the issue.

He is concerned it might be related to DCT as a similar sound was reported by @itwasntme on his Octavia which was diagnosed as a rare DSG failure.
Old 22nd February 2021, 15:41   #12242
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratika View Post
He is concerned it might be related to DCT as a similar sound was reported by @itwasntme on his Octavia which was diagnosed as a rare DSG failure.
When my '16 DCT had gearbox issues, I could hear grinding noise at low rpms (<2k rpm when the acceleration wasn't enough to prompt a gear change). The noise may be double gear down shifts for hard acceleration?
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 15:52   #12243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Friends, is this the right time to book Ecosport? After year long thinking, test drives(new cars and segment above used cars), reading, finally I made choice to book Ecosport titanium diesel. So, I booked it last week. I got zero discounts in Cauvery ford Bangalore, and waiting period is more than 6 weeks. I can write a detailed blog about my decision and supporting notes.
This is as good a time as any good time to pick up the Ecosport. I picked mine up 2.5 months back, and so far it has been a fantastic experience. The engine is well on its way to opening up and is becoming smoother by the day ( done around 2700 kms till now, expect the engine and mechanicals to get better over the course of the first 5000-7000kms). The NVH of the Ecosport has already been good, and the BS-6 version is even smoother than before. Best part of this engine is the driveability since it starts responding from 1500 RPM, and really picks up from 1750 RPM once the turbo kicks in. High speed handling and feeling of solidity/stability is also stellar. I picked up the full fat S version, and though it is around 14 lakhs on road, the additional features are all useful and well worth the additional couple of lakhs.

Only one thing - you should definitely push for discounts. End February and March are the months to get killer discounts. I managed to get 70K off in November of last year, so you should be able to get at least some discounts if you are picking it up by March. Probably the supply shortage is creating short term demand and therefore, dealers are unwilling to give discounts. Check with JSP Ford JP Nagar, I had got a good deal from them.

Edit: In fact, just spoke to my SA and he said that with a wait period of 2 months, he will work out some deal for you. If you are interested, PM me and I will pass on the contact to you.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 22nd February 2021 at 16:03.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 14:46   #12244

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Friends, is this the right time to book Ecosport? After year long thinking, test drives(new cars and segment above used cars), reading, finally I made choice to book Ecosport titanium diesel. So, I booked it last week. I got zero discounts in Cauvery ford Bangalore, and waiting period is more than 6 weeks. I can write a detailed blog about my decision and supporting notes.
This is definitely the right time to go for Ecosport. I've booked a TDCI titanium on Jan 28th and got 20k discount from PPS Lalbagh. They've also promised to add up any additional discounts coming in March since the delivery date is March 28th. I too was contemplating between a used Superb and a new Sonet. But decided not to go for used cars because of inflated rates and the revised fee for fitness and reg renewal. Threw Sonet out the window because of several reasons like build as well as ride quality. Ecosport has always been one of my favourite cars to drive. I bit the bullet when Ford added all the T+ features on the Titanium variant. Like others said, S variant makes more sense. But, i'm not a big fan of all black interiors especially with orange accents. TMPS and carplay are more like luxuries for me. Additional airbags are the only feature I'm missing in my variant. All in all, I'm very happy with this purchase. Yes, I'm saying that even before getting the car because I have driven every year's iteration of Ecosport and was never disappointed.
bharaththefreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 12:53   #12245
BHPian

Hello All,

This is my first post and straight away I need help from Ford Ecosport owners.

I recently picked up pre owned 2014 Ford Ecosport Trend Diesel from cauvery ford. I'm super happy with the purchase and the car is fantastic to drive with almost zero issues mechanically.

Need help on below points.

1. Being a trend variant it comes with Ford's basic audio system (Nokia keypad type). I'm planning to upgrade it to good android or branded touchscreen which has Android auto and Apple Car Play. If anyone has upgraded their head unit in recent times, please share the information and it will be much helpful. I would like to retain my OEM speakers as they are good enough for me.

2. My bonet insulation is coming off and needs replacement. Unable to procure it on any ford service centres. Couldn't find it on online too.

3. Also, I am not satisfied with current Bosch's front wipers. Please refer me a good wiper which has satisfying sweep.

Thank you.
Old 24th February 2021, 16:02   #12246
BHPian

The bonnet insulation in my car too is coming off. Any ideas anyone?
Old 25th February 2021, 22:13   #12247
Senior - BHPian

A quick question for BS6 EcoSport tdci owners. Are there any reported issues with the new BS6-compliant engine? I am planning to buy a replacement for my Fiesta and the ES tops the list of my choices. The S version is around 14 lakhs in Hyderabad now.

There are also several 2-year old cars on sale, for around 3 to 4 lakhs less, but those are BS 4 models I guess. But those models have no reported issues.

I mistakenly posted this query in the Ecosport BS6 petrol review thread yesterday, and have not got any responses so far!
Old 26th February 2021, 09:25   #12248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
A quick question for BS6 EcoSport tdci owners. Are there any reported issues with the new BS6-compliant engine? I am planning to buy a replacement for my Fiesta and the ES tops the list of my choices. The S version is around 14 lakhs in Hyderabad now.
I am not aware of any BS-6 related issues on the TDCI. In fact, I personally feel that the BS-6 engine is a tad bit more refined than the BS-4 variant (could be a bit of a placebo effect, but I did feel a slight bump up in refinement in what was already a very refined diesel engine).
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 09:52   #12249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
A quick question for BS6 EcoSport tdci owners. Are there any reported issues with the new BS6-compliant engine? I am planning to buy a replacement for my Fiesta and the ES tops the list of my choices.
BS6 1.5 TDCi is not only used in EcoSport but also shared with Figo/Freestyle/Aspire.

Undoubtedly one of the most reliable diesel engine available right now.

May not be as technology packed & refined as Hyundai 1.5 CRDe but when it comes to reliability, it's unmatched & abuse friendly.

Beside Ford is offering 6 year extended warranty, so for a new car customer, even if you end up with a lemon, company has your back !!

Present generation EcoSport is possibly the last true blue Ford in India. Figo platform lost that solid experience like your previous generation Fiesta

EcoSport is definitely a perfect replacement for your Fiesta.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 12:00   #12250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza View Post
The bonnet insulation in my car too is coming off. Any ideas anyone?
I got the insulation from Ford service centre today. I have requested them for the part 10 days ago. Finally, got a call yesterday evening and got it fitted now. It costed 2.4k but material quality is good.
Karthik.thm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 15:58   #12251
Senior - BHPian

Dear ecosport bhpians, I will require your insight into one of my friend’s concerns over not-so-acceptable ride quality on his mid variant Ecosport. He is asking for ways to increase the overall comfort and experience of the travel with his family as they weren’t happy on a recent trip due to the level of discomfort they felt with the back seat.

I advised of reducing the air pressure but it made no significant change in the experience.

Please suggest an effective way.
Old 27th February 2021, 18:15   #12252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Dear ecosport bhpians, I will require your insight into one of my friend’s concerns over not-so-acceptable ride quality on his mid variant Ecosport. He is asking for ways to increase the overall comfort and experience of the travel with his family as they weren’t happy on a recent trip due to the level of discomfort they felt with the back seat.

I advised of reducing the air pressure but it made no significant change in the experience.

Please suggest an effective way.
The ride is 'Firm' it is by design to provide a more hatchback like driving experience. The rear seats are not very roomy either, it's essentially a 4 seater. I distinctly remember this from first time I took it out for a test drive back when it was launched and later my cousin bought one as well in the same year.

Is this a new vehicle? If yes, maintain exact COLD air pressure for the load as mentioned in the door sticker and drive carefully to not upset the people in the back, that should do it. You'll be surprised how many people drive in a way that even the most comfortable sedans are unbearable to sit in the back seat.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 11:54   #12253

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharaththefreak View Post
This is definitely the right time to go for Ecosport. I've booked a TDCI titanium on Jan 28th and got 20k discount from PPS Lalbagh. They've also promised to add up any additional discounts coming in March since the delivery date is March 28th. I too was contemplating between a used Superb and a new Sonet. But decided not to go for used cars because of inflated rates and the revised fee for fitness and reg renewal. Threw Sonet out the window because of several reasons like build as well as ride quality. Ecosport has always been one of my favourite cars to drive. I bit the bullet when Ford added all the T+ features on the Titanium variant. Like others said, S variant makes more sense. But, i'm not a big fan of all black interiors especially with orange accents. TMPS and carplay are more like luxuries for me. Additional airbags are the only feature I'm missing in my variant. All in all, I'm very happy with this purchase. Yes, I'm saying that even before getting the car because I have driven every year's iteration of Ecosport and was never disappointed.
Hi Bharat, I had also been to the PPS Ford in Lalbag road. I was also looking for ES Titanium Tdci. I'd love to know what offer they gave you and what was your breakdown? Any free accessories?
Old 28th February 2021, 14:10   #12254

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carperiscope View Post
Hi Bharat, I had also been to the PPS Ford in Lalbag road. I was also looking for ES Titanium Tdci. I'd love to know what offer they gave you and what was your breakdown? Any free accessories?
Hi, I got 20k off and all weather mats for free. Apart from this, SC Lakshmi promised me that she will give any additional discounts available in March when the car is here and we start paper work. I'm not a big fan of adding accessories to cars which is why I did not ask for them. But, I'll probably ask her to throw the seat covers in for free.
Old 28th February 2021, 15:28   #12255

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharaththefreak View Post
Hi, I got 20k off and all weather mats for free. Apart from this, SC Lakshmi promised me that she will give any additional discounts available in March when the car is here and we start paper work. I'm not a big fan of adding accessories to cars which is why I did not ask for them. But, I'll probably ask her to throw the seat covers in for free.
Oh I see so your total was 12,10,000? That's the price they quoted me with the basic accessories kit which was anyways included in this. I too do not like unnecessary accessories You should get it in writing about the seat covers as they will not agree to it at a later stage. Are you planning to get the spare wheel cover? The additional offers in March are based on the ex showroom discount and the chances of which are absolutely non so don't even consider that. It's just a sales tactic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks