Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2020, 00:45   #12166
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Thanks Arindambasu!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I have not faced any windscreen fogging issues even with the interior sanitization on the day of the delivery. At least I have not observed this- will pay attention and check this once again.
Took her for a spin today and noticed the fogging again. Wiped with a microfiber cloth and it came off with a little effort like wax would. Maybe it was the sanitizer the showroom guys used which got deposited on the windshield.

Quote:
I am debating whether or not to put the spare wheel cover. The spare allloy and tire do get very dirty especially in rainy or slushy conditions, and I don't like this much. Did you consider the spare wheel cover for your car?
I'm personally liking the wheel without cover to show off the awesome alloy wheel. Hope it shouldn't damage the wheel since I plan to rotate the wheels during each service
Old 13th December 2020, 12:14   #12167
BHPian

Hi,

My friend took delivery of a Diesel EcoSport two days ago, while checking under the bonnet today we found some rusting under the heat shield ( see the picture) is this something to be concerned of?
Its a November manufactured vehicle.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20201213wa0007201.jpeg

Thanks.
Old 13th December 2020, 12:32   #12168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTJ View Post
Hi,

My friend took delivery of a Diesel EcoSport two days ago, while checking under the bonnet today we found some rusting under the heat shield ( see the picture) is this something to be concerned of?
Attachment 2092401

Thanks.
Looks like it is the exhaust manifold, it is usually made of iron, so surface rust is common, better get it cleaned after opening heat shield with a metal wire brush or 300 grit sand paper when the vehicle is cold and apply heat resistant primer and paint if needed.

Generally this happens if the car is washed with bore water and is parked for long time without starting it after washing or if not cleaned with air blower after water washing the engine bay.

If you don't want to do it yourself, also since it is a brand new car, ask the service center for free replacement of the part.
WhiteSierra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 08:22   #12169
Senior - BHPian

Noticed something strange last night when I parked our new Ecosport in our house after a spirited run of around 10 kms back from from the workplace. It was late at night and so, with the roads being empty, I was giving the TDCI engine a bit of a workout (with the revs between 1500 and 2200 RPM, nothing too high since it is a new engine run just 500 kms). I was driving at a brisk pace throughout.

When I parked and got down from the car, I could get a distinct burning/acrid smell, which seemed to be coming from the engine - however, there was no smoke or any other indication. It gradually disappeared over a minute or two , once I idled the car and switched it off.

Popped open the bonnet and checked for any signs of overheating, but could not see anything. The coolant level was totally normal, and there did not seem to be any leakage of any kind in the engine bay or even under the car. The temperature guage was also at the same normal level that it is always at.

What could this smell be? Have not noticed this on any other occasion, and noticed this for the first time last night. Any pointers, or anything to be concerned about?
Old 16th December 2020, 17:02   #12170
BHPian

Quote:
Noticed something strange last night when I parked our new Ecosport in our house after a spirited run of around 10 kms back from from the workplace.
The burning smell is most likely from the brakes which is normal after hard running. You mentioned 'spirited' run so I'm assuming it involved hard braking as well. Nothing to worry about IMO.

In other news:
I have a 2015 Titanium AT which has run 82k kms, of which 70k were as a cab running with Uber at Mumbai (CNG installed). In 2017 at 72k kms I got the CNG removed as I shut down the cab biz. and intended to run the car as my primary personal vehicle. The car ran fine with no issues whatsoever till November 2020. The lockdown meant I was barely running it for a few kms every few weeks. This non-running combined with the Mumbai monsoons led to a number of issues. Read on:
1. Sometime in November during a regular grocery run the transmission and engine error lights and warning came up. The car ran fine. Switched on-off a few times, no-go. I suspected the battery voltage to be low which results in such errors when starting the car and goes away immediately. Unfortunately the warning lights stayed so sent it for inspection at a trusted independent workshop (don't trust the Ford service centre).
Turns out the DCT has some oil seal which gave away and leaked out the oil, causing moisture ingression into some of the transmission components. Got the entire suspension overhauled and a few parts replaced (actuators). Work was done by qualified technicians from a Ford service centre (but an independent job). Issue resolved. The transmission works fine and I have six months warranty on it.
2. While the car was being test-run post the transmission overhaul, it overheated and coolant leaked out. Turned out to be a shot thermostat valve. Got it replaced. All hoses, etc. checked. All fine.
3. Took the car out for an early morning drive, it overheated again and coolant was leaking from somewhere. Turned out to be the coolant reservoir tank cap. Got it replaced.
4. One more drive, same issue. Turned out the radiator is clogged and has developed multiple leaks due to rusting. Replaced.
5. Test drive done, no-go. Coolant still leaks. This time it is the water pump! It has developed a leak. The pump is being replaced as I type. Hopefully this resolves the issue as there is probably nothing left to check.

The car shall be delivered in the next few hours.
Fingers crossed. Please pray for me!

Last edited by nishantbhatia84 : 16th December 2020 at 17:28.
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 23:21   #12171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTJ View Post
Hi,

Attachment 2092401

Thanks.
I've had this on my 2013 EcoSport since brand new. It's just surface rust, nothing to be worried about.
Taha Mir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 23:25   #12172
BHPian

Quote:

What could this smell be? Have not noticed this on any other occasion, and noticed this for the first time last night. Any pointers, or anything to be concerned about?
New engines tend to give off burning rubbery/plastic smell, moreso after a spirited drive. Check fluid levels incase it happens again. You should be fine.
Taha Mir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 17:59   #12173
BHPian

Hello All
I plan to buy ES Titanium+ AT. As the car is not available ex stock. The dealer is offering me a price of 12.96L all exclusive, with all price rise which may happen on Jan 01. This price includes insurance, extended warranty, basic kit, TCS.
Is this a good deal?
Old 18th December 2020, 23:49   #12174

hello Bhpians,

Finally booked ES Titanium diesel, the car will be delivered by mid-Jan.

This is our first car purchase and will be driven by me and my wife predominantly, both newbies. Getting suggestions to go with petrol instead of diesel from friends and family, the reason being maintenance in the long run and refinement. Although no one has experience with either of the engines from Ford.

My riding style is laid back/relaxed, not a spirited rider, hoping the driving style will also be the same.

Usage: Office commute in Bangalore traffic and occasional long drives. Have a plan to keep the vehicle as long as there is no trouble mechanically.

reasons behind booking the diesel:
1. almost everywhere I see suggestions from owners to pick the TDCI even if the
running is less.
2. price difference is not much and the running cost will be less in the long run.
3. the engine did not seem noisy at all when I took the test drive. did not drive the
petrol so can't compare on refinement.

in a big dilemma now, kindly provide your valuable inputs.

thanks,
Subhra
subhraDS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 10:42   #12175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhraDS View Post
Since you have booked already - its safe to assume you can afford the diesel BSVI variant and commercials aren't a big deterrent. With that out of the way - really stick with your booking & get the diesel one. All modern 1.5 L turbo diesels are excellent. They are smooth, powerful & very fuel efficient. They are fun to drive too & gone are the days of 90s where diesel engines were high on maintenance. For someone OK to spend 10+ lakhs on a car, yearly service being slightly costlier (due to maybe a bit more oil capacity of diesel engines) etc is not a big deal.

In return you get very good drivability, amazing torque & stable (city & highway) mileages which are significantly higher than petrol counterparts. The EcoSport diesel TDCI is also a very smooth engine. In fact I like this engine's clatter the most. Its almost musical. Very smooth & refined. So no issues of harshness either here. A bullet proof and very reliable engine + car. Don't worry - go for it & enjoy the lovely car with diesel engine.

Since you are both new drivers, you aren't pre-configured to driving NA or turbo petrol engines. Some times people get too used to that driving style and find it tough to initially adjust to driving a turbo-diesel's characteristics. Being new drivers - you are coming onboard with a clean slate. Even better! Once settled, you'll find it tough to go back to petrols. Plan for your next car 10 years later to be a torque loaded EV .

Last edited by Reinhard : 19th December 2020 at 10:44.
Reinhard is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 12:17   #12176
BHPian

Just got my car back from the 80k km service. Had the front brakes replaced due to a judder that simply won't go away even after resurfacing twice and having any suspension issues ruled out.
The problem is, that my handbrake won't hold. I asked them to tighten it, so they opened up the drums, cleaned and tightened them 'optimally' and the problem still persists. On a minimal ramp, i can't trust the handbrake to hold the vehicle, have to slot it in gear (which you should anyway). On an approach ramp of my house, a little less steep then the ones you see in mall parkings, it'll slide back even if it's in gear, have to secure it with wooden wedges. It also makes me wonder if this is making my front brakes do all the work, and hence the warpage due to overheating..?
Are my rear brakes actually not working..or is it due to a slack in the handbrake cable? Is there a way to tighten the latter? Anyone in the same boat??
Old 19th December 2020, 20:47   #12177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hello Bhpians,

thanks,
Subhra
Go for the TDCI engine eyes closed. I picked up one a month back and apart from a few adjustments to my driving style, since my other car is a naturally aspirated petrol, there is no problem at all. The TDCI is smooth and refined, has great torque and drivability, and is very enjoyable to drive overall. Though the petrol variant is also good, the diesel is the superior engine especially given the small price difference.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 11:53   #12178
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats on your booking.

We also on the same boat and the only difference is, it is my close friend who is buying and I was helping him finalizing the decision.

He was upgrading from his 9-year-old 1.4L kms done i20 diesel and was looking for a petrol CSUV within 12 lakhs budget. His usage is 50 kms daily on Bangalore traffic, but he was on a strict budget and so automatics were ruled out. We test drove*almost all the petrol cars in this segment and found Ecosport diesel to be a better option considering his running also. Having few Ecosport BS 4 and BS 6 in the close circle made the decision easier. We are planning to make the booking in the next few days.

Key points for this decision were.
> Just 20-30k difference in pricing between petrol and diesel in titanium > Better FE compared to petrol*> BS6 diesel's NVH just got better > Diesel is 4 four-cylinder where petrol is 3 > Running cost will be justified on a long run as he keeps cars for 7-8 years
northstar* is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 18:34   #12179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Don't worry - go for it & enjoy the lovely car with diesel engine.
Quote:
Go for the TDCI engine eyes closed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Congrats on your booking.
What a relief! Thank you so so much.
You won't believe how happy I am reading these remarks. Wifey was grinning ear to ear when I showed her the replies. We were constantly being discouraged on our choice and you guys came as saviors.

Our lack of experience and the doubts were killing the excitement of booking a new car. Now I can bug the sales guy for faster delivery

Thanks again for those encouraging and reassuring words.

Regards,
Subhra
subhraDS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 23:17   #12180
BHPian

Friends, is it advisable to install Sub woofer in a under warranty ES ( 1 year & two months) and will it void warranty ? Im planning an alpine pwe-v80 sub woofer and your advise will help me with the decision. TIA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks