Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2017, 04:44   #11416
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Stone flew off the car in front and caused this on my windshield. This is bang in the middle of the windshield and though it doesn't affect the field of vision, seeing it there on my 8 month old Ecosport is a pain every time.

Ford ASS suggests full replacement and quoting 7500/- for the same. Should I go ahead or rather wait and see? The chipping seems to be superficial, and there are no visible cracks per se.

There was no response in the windshield thread so postings this here, appreciate any inputs on this.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_0149.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_0151.jpg  

Old 27th August 2017, 17:51   #11417
BHPian

Hey guys, I'm having this sound that comes whenever I push the gas even in neutral. This sounds like that engine knocking sound we get whenever we release the clutch at low speeds in high gears. The thing is, this sound comes sometimes while shifting gears which is understandable but I get the same kind of sound rather very faintly when I give some gas even in neutral. Mine is the Ecoboost version. Is this normal?
Old 27th August 2017, 18:13   #11418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Stone flew off the car in front and caused this on my windshield. This is bang in the middle of the windshield and though it doesn't affect the field of vision, seeing it there on my 8 month old Ecosport is a pain every time.

Ford ASS suggests full replacement and quoting 7500/- for the same. Should I go ahead or rather wait and see? The chipping seems to be superficial, and there are no visible cracks per se.

There was no response in the windshield thread so postings this here, appreciate any inputs on this.
I would suggest taking the car to Windshield Experts and get it checked. I had similar incident on my Maruti Swift and they kind of locked it down to prevent it from spreading and also minimized the affected area. The result was that I did not had to spend extra bucks to get the windshield changed.

Cheers!
Old 29th August 2017, 19:34   #11419
BHPian

friends, since I'm moving to another city for three and a half months, my car would be standing idle. Should I disconnect the battery terminals?
Old 30th August 2017, 09:07   #11420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsby_great View Post
friends, since I'm moving to another city for three and a half months, my car would be standing idle. Should I disconnect the battery terminals?
you might find this thread helpful -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...dos-donts.html
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 09:39   #11421
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsby_great View Post
I left the car unattended for four months early this year. All I did was inflate tyres to 36psi, fill a full tank of fuel and not engage the handbrake. Came back and the car started without hesitation.

I'd paid the car washer in advance for twice a week cleaning.

After I got back, I took a 10 kms long drive just to get everything running and charged up.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 23:43   #11422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
not engage the handbrake.
Very important, this. I left my Civic standing for 7 weeks straight, and when I got back the brake shoes were jammed and I had to replace both the shoes and the discs.
civic-sense is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 00:22   #11423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Very important, this. I left my Civic standing for 7 weeks straight, and when I got back the brake shoes were jammed and I had to replace both the shoes and the discs.
Wait, what? You had to get them REPLACED? Said who? It's not that they get deteriorated or something. Just a bit of rust accumulates between them. But nothing serious enough to warrant replacements.

Unless the pads we're already worn and discs were already in bad shape, you've been taken for a ride, is what I'm thinking.
Old 31st August 2017, 00:36   #11424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Such bad luck! Sorry to see this. What about at night? Doesn't make a difference even then? I'd suspect it will be a distraction during night if not during day. If it causes even a bit of distraction in oncoming traffic - immediately get the windshield please.

Malik salamat toh windshield hajaar (If the owner is safe, he can have a thousand windshields) .

Last edited by Aditya : 1st September 2017 at 09:53. Reason: Adding translation
Old 31st August 2017, 06:04   #11425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
I would suggest taking the car to Windshield Experts and get it checked
Thanks, but Windshield Experts not present in my city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Such bad luck! Sorry to see this. What about at night?
Yes, pretty bad luck. However it does not affect the field of vision at all, and so far showing no signs of spreading or growing. Have decided to try Permatex DIY and see how it works. Will update pictures once done.
Old 31st August 2017, 09:57   #11426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't you have insurance ? Claim it, you will almost get 90% cost for windshield damage from Insurance.
Old 31st August 2017, 10:13   #11427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Don't you have insurance?
Had a pretty bad experience with change of windshield on my i10 back in 2010. The replaced windshield started leaking and even today, it is suspect during heavy rain.

Granted, that was a different car different ASC, and probably my bad luck but replacement means the factory fit is out the window (no pun!!!). Hence would not prefer that unless absolutely necessary.
Old 31st August 2017, 12:57   #11428
BHPian

Quote:
Have decided to try Permatex DIY and see how it works. Will update pictures once done.
Looking forward to your update on how it goes. But looking at the photos posted in a few other threads, I seriously doubt the manufacturer's claims of repairing the damage. In a few cases, the solvent didn't even dry clear

Old 31st August 2017, 14:55   #11429
BHPian

Does anyone know if this gear console garnish is available as an accessory at Ford dealerships? I think it complements the silver console well.

Link to arunphilip's post: 2013 vs 2015 changes
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-diff-5-gearshift-boot.jpg  

Old 31st August 2017, 19:09   #11430
BHPian

Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the light sensor on the Ecosport? Auto headlights come on hours before I need them to and that sort of defeats the purpose of auto mode.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks