Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2017, 12:21   #11431
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Has anyone thought of / figured out a way to add a courtesy lamp in the boot? It gets pretty dark in there, especially since my car is in the basement. Surprised Ford omitted this.
Old 2nd September 2017, 19:03   #11432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Has anyone thought of / figured out a way to add a courtesy lamp in the boot? It gets pretty dark in there, especially since my car is in the basement. Surprised Ford omitted this.
You do have a rear cabin light that can be used. And I think there is a boot lamp if I'm not mistaken.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 15:11   #11433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
You do have a rear cabin light that can be used. And I think there is a boot lamp if I'm not mistaken.
Yes, there is a rear reading light as well as a lamp in the boot.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 16:22   #11434
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Yes, there is a rear reading light as well as a lamp in the boot.
Yes! As silly as it sounds, I was surprised myself that I was "noticing" the lack of a lamp only now and that I remember having a lit boot earlier.

After you guys confirmed, checked the boot with a torch and found it. Took a look at the manual on how I can take the lamp out and inspect the bulb. Removed the bulb, it is blown.

Need to change it now. Will this be covered under warranty? Probably not; I guess I'll source the bulb and change it myself. Manual says I need a 5 Watt W5W bulb.
Old 4th September 2017, 09:18   #11435

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Does anyone know if this gear console garnish is available as an accessory at Ford dealerships? I think it complements the silver console well.
I have been looking for one too and and have not been able to trace one as yet. Strangely i have a 2016 Titanium 1.5 TiVCT and it does not come with the garnish. Was the garnish only available for a select variant?

Last edited by ampere : 4th September 2017 at 09:22. Reason: Fixed quoted tags
Old 4th September 2017, 10:32   #11436
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryangel View Post
I have been looking for one too and and have not been able to trace one as yet. Strangely i have a 2016 Titanium 1.5 TiVCT and it does not come with the garnish. Was the garnish only available for a select variant?
My June '16 manufactured AT (Titanium) gets it:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...m-img_2321.jpg
Old 4th September 2017, 12:12   #11437

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
My June '16 manufactured AT (Titanium) gets it:
I guess the AT comes with all the bells and whistles.

Does anyone have a 2016 Manual transmission model, and did it come with the gear garnish?

I finally found one on Aliexpress and have just ordered it. The link follows - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Stai...311.0.0.LZrBYC
Old 4th September 2017, 21:39   #11438

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryangel View Post
I guess the AT comes with all the bells and whistles.

Does anyone have a 2016 Manual transmission model, and did it come with the gear garnish?

I finally found one on Aliexpress and have just ordered it. The link follows - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Stai...311.0.0.LZrBYC

I have a may 2016 manufactured titanium diesel and it does not come with the garnish.
Old 5th September 2017, 09:38   #11439

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilesh martin View Post
I have a may 2016 manufactured titanium diesel and it does not come with the garnish.
Then i guess sometime between 2015 and early 2016, Ford decided to cut costs and do away with the gear garnish.
Old 6th September 2017, 16:45   #11440
BHPian

Guys,

I'm planning on buying the Ford Ecosport and waiting for the updated 2017/2018 variant. Meanwhile I have skimmed through last 10 pages of this discussion, to understand the routine maintenance of Ford cars but, did not get any info.

Can the current owners throw some light especially coz Ford for some time has been running the advertisements claiming "Galat Impression yuh hee ban jaata hai" . INR 3.8k for 5th year for Ecosport as claimed in the add seems unrealistic.

Cheers

PS- Owned Fiesta 1.6 from 2009 to 2014. Not very happy with the car in terms of ownership cost.
Old 6th September 2017, 17:16   #11441
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Guys,

I'm planning on buying the Ford Ecosport and waiting for the updated 2017/2018 variant. Meanwhile I have skimmed through last 10 pages of this discussion, to understand the routine maintenance of Ford cars but, did not get any info.

Can the current owners throw some light especially coz Ford for some time has been running the advertisements claiming "Galat Impression yuh hee ban jaata hai" . INR 3.8k for 5th year for Ecosport as claimed in the add seems unrealistic.

Cheers

PS- Owned Fiesta 1.6 from 2009 to 2014. Not very happy with the car in terms of ownership cost.
I agree with the Ford's advertisements, their service and spares costs are very reasonable. Even the parts are well priced, in case you need a new one.
You can confirm the prices yourself by visiting the Ford India website. It lists the spares as well as servicing costs. Roughly i can confirm that each service costs under 5K(all inclusive) including stuff like the oil changes and the regular stuff. They really have changed.
agambhandari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 20:25   #11442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Cheers

It's been close to three years since I bought my petrol AT Ecosport. Recently got the 30000 kms service done - the cost was approx 4400. To my mind that is very reasonable. The service intervals are 10000 kms/12 months.
I have not had to spend anything more than the periodic service charges as yet (except for battery replacement a couple of months ago).
wilful is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 23:49   #11443
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Cheers

Another satisfied AT customer here. Apart from the yearly service costs, I never had to spend on anything. And yes, never more than 5k a year for service. And that includes wheel alignment and balancing. Oh, battery died at 40k.

So far, so good. Maybe the fun starts now that the warranty has expired.
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 01:02   #11444
BHPian

I own a Ecoboost variant and done about 40k kms. Service costs are very reasonable. Per service about 3.5 to 5k and as cited Above interval is 10k/1yr so its 50 paisa per km so to say. Super happy with my EcoSport
Old 7th September 2017, 12:55   #11445
BHPian

Same impressions here - I own a Ecosport Titanium TDCi with 40K on the odo.
The service cost have been above 4.5K in three years of my ownership. Apart from the regular service, fuel and insurance, not an extra penny spent on the car. Has been trouble free.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks