Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2017, 13:16   #11386
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorflame View Post
Thanks, I will try that. The dealer is now telling me that the entire infotainment system needs to be replaced. I have a feeling this is going to end up costing me a bomb.
Iam yet to show this issue to the SA but I have a feeling that mere upgrading the ICE will not solve the issue as there are multiple issues going on and adding by the day.

Will try and discuss the same with the SA by Thursday and update it further.
uneet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 13:21   #11387

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet View Post
Iam yet to show this issue to the SA but I have a feeling that mere upgrading the ICE will not solve the issue as there are multiple issues going on and adding by the day.

Will try and discuss the same with the SA by Thursday and update it further.
Thanks for the update, Uneet. I will also be taking my car to the workshop coming Sunday. Keep me updated with any developments at your end and I will do the same. It has become a real annoyance and a safety hazard while driving. Need to get this resolved soon.
Old 1st August 2017, 20:43   #11388
eko
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk7729 View Post
During my recent trip to Hampi, encountered a strange one-off scenario with my 2015 Ecosport (Diesel, Titanium).
Any thoughts on what could have caused this ?
The throttle position sensor may have malfunctioned momentarily. Scan and check for any fault code logged. It is a good idea to stop engine and remove ignition key. Then restart if zero response from throttle. ( This is a thumb rule not specific to Ecosport). I had similar problem with my Sunny once and restarting solved the problem. No recurrence for me luckily.
eko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 21:45   #11389
BHPian

Quote:
Somewhere close to Kudligi on the Hospet - Chitradurga road, after crossing a speed breaker, downshifted to second gear and pressed the accelerator only to be met with zero throttle response. Removed my foot off the A pedal, waited a couple of seconds, tried accelerating again, the response was not any different. Pulled over to the road side, checked for any warning lights, found none, shifted to 1st gear and was then able to drive away as if nothing ever happened. This did not re-occur through my journey back to Bangalore.
I faced the same issue in my civic for a initial few years mostly during monsoons. Honda tried a lot but couldn't rectify it. After the first 2 years it never happened in the last 7 years we had the car.
Best remedy for the issue is to occasionally floor the accelator. And when this happens keep pumping the accelator paddle till it slowly starts to respond.
Hope it helps
hemen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 22:08   #11390

Quote:
During my recent trip to Hampi, encountered a strange one-off scenario with my 2015 Ecosport (Diesel, Titanium).
========
Any thoughts on what could have caused this ?
I've faced similar issue twice and once by my wife too in our initial 30,000Km ownership of our April 2014 Ecosport (Diesel, Titanium option). During all 3 instances the engine was near about idle speed (about 1000 rpm) in traffic and we had to restart the engine as there was no response from throttle.
The Ford Authorised Service (K S Ford, Udaipur) did scan for error codes but found a code related to clutch pedal sensor only once which they couldn't explain.
The odometer now stands at 47,250Km and the issue has not recurred.
ACFT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2017, 12:47   #11391
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update, Uneet. I will also be taking my car to the workshop coming Sunday. Keep me updated with any developments at your end and I will do the same. It has become a real annoyance and a safety hazard while driving. Need to get this resolved soon.
Hello,

I visited the Ford Service centre today to discuss this issue but surprisingly they were clueless.
Unfortunately the system was working fine at the time of visit. Still after all check-ups they removed the battery to reset the system which may help in restarting of the complete system.
Also they advised me to make a video of the problem which they will send to FORD INDIA for their update.

So now Iam hoping that the problem does not re-occur after resetting the system, and if it does I will make a video to discuss it further with them.

Do advise on your feedback when you visit the SA.
Old 4th August 2017, 14:20   #11392

Quote:
Hello,

I visited the Ford Service centre today to discuss this issue but surprisingly they were clueless.
Unfortunately the system was working fine at the time of visit. Still after all check-ups they removed the battery to reset the system which may help in restarting of the complete system.
Also they advised me to make a video of the problem which they will send to FORD INDIA for their update.

So now Iam hoping that the problem does not re-occur after resetting the system, and if it does I will make a video to discuss it further with them.

Do advise on your feedback when you visit the SA.
Hi Uneet,

Thanks for the update. I've already done the resetting and the software upgrading thing but it didn't seem to help in my case. Hope you have better luck.

The latest development at my end is that the dealership has picked up my Ecosport this morning for further testing. Upon another member's advice here, I had reached out to Ford India through Twitter and also emailed their customer support team last week. I was following them up pretty hard on this.

Eventually, they got in touch with me and coordinated with the dealership for the pickup. I was on a conference call with Ford Chennai and the dealership's General Manager yesterday and they informed me that the Chennai technical team is now directly involved. The dealership will provide reports and perform tests under the supervision of the Chennai team on direct hotline.

So, I'm seeing this as a positive sign and hoping they fix whatever is causing this glitch.

Anyway, I'll keep you updated on whatever happens. But my advice is that you reach out to Ford too. Get them directly involved in this so that the dealership is compelled to take this seriously.

Thanks,
Old 6th August 2017, 08:23   #11393
VMG
BHPian

My petrol AT gave 25.1 KMPL with no AC and 23.5 with AC at 80KM speed in ECR, Chennai.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-image.jpg  

VMG is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 10:11   #11394
BHPian

That's brutal for an automatic. Eagerly waiting for facelift to be launched
Old 9th August 2017, 13:55   #11395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Finally visited the Ford service centre and got my battery replaced.
My battery died. Not quite, but it was showing signs of failure for the past couple of weeks. Cold starts were taking longer to crank. Took it to Kairali Ford and they confirmed that battery is near end of life. 4 years this month, very good for an OEM battery.

They quoted 4600 for a new battery (Motocraft) with 2 years warranty. Didn't sound interesting. Packed up and drove to an Amaron outlet and got one for 4200, with two years guarantee plus 2 years prorated warranty.

ps: Removing the ECU on top of the battery was easier than thought - just two screws.
civic-sense is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 14:54   #11396
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Uneet,

Thanks for the update. I've already done the resetting and the software upgrading thing but it didn't seem to help in my case. Hope you have better luck.

The latest development at my end is that the dealership has picked up my Ecosport this morning for further testing. Upon another member's advice here, I had reached out to Ford India through Twitter and also emailed their customer support team last week. I was following them up pretty hard on this.

Eventually, they got in touch with me and coordinated with the dealership for the pickup. I was on a conference call with Ford Chennai and the dealership's General Manager yesterday and they informed me that the Chennai technical team is now directly involved. The dealership will provide reports and perform tests under the supervision of the Chennai team on direct hotline.

So, I'm seeing this as a positive sign and hoping they fix whatever is causing this glitch.

Anyway, I'll keep you updated on whatever happens. But my advice is that you reach out to Ford too. Get them directly involved in this so that the dealership is compelled to take this seriously.

Thanks,
Hi Scorflame,

The resetting didn't had any effect and the car was showing the same signs again.
So took the video and have sent to Noida Ford. Now waiting for their response.
Iam also thinking to send an email to Ford India and discuss this issue.

Will keep you updated.
Old 14th August 2017, 15:15   #11397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Facing a strange issue with my Ecosport TDCi. It's not completely new but I've been able to sort of put my finger on it recently.

The engine feels gruff and sluggish if the outside temp is cool. This is irrespective of the engine being warmed up after 4-5 kms.
Have you checked the oil levels recently using the dipstick?
Old 14th August 2017, 16:02   #11398

Quote:
Hi Scorflame,

The resetting didn't had any effect and the car was showing the same signs again.
So took the video and have sent to Noida Ford. Now waiting for their response.
Iam also thinking to send an email to Ford India and discuss this issue.

Will keep you updated.
Hi Uneet,

The Chennai team has updated me that it's a fault with the PCB. They've already quoted the repairing charges to me at around Rs 7900 for repair. I negotiated with them and argued that I should not be liable to pay for this and they just offered a small discount. I think I have no other option than to pay now. Frankly, I'm really tired with all this back and forth happening between myself, the dealership and Ford India so I just want to get this over with. Let me know what develops at your end.

Thanks,
Old 14th August 2017, 16:54   #11399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
My petrol AT gave 25.1 KMPL with no AC and 23.5 with AC at 80KM speed in ECR, Chennai.
That's excellent mileage, i have observed that without AC the engine is lot more free, especially in city traffic. Also, i assume the key for that mileage was to be really light on the accelerator and less breaks. However do check tank to tank method on such trips to get the accurate mileage.
Old 17th August 2017, 20:37   #11400
BHPian

During my nearly 2 years of Ford Ecosport ownership, the only single complaint that i have is seems to be recurring again and again. The one and only "SYNC" issue. The SYNC is connected. However on trying to play music from the mobile, the phone gets disconnected. I did the tried and tested method i.e master reset but even that is not working for me. The last thing i want to do is to land up at the service center. I would appreciate any suggestions regarding the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks