Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2017, 22:12   #11251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvshaun View Post
Unfortunately, I have lost the spare key of my vehicle. It has been in the confines of my bedroom - just not able to find it.

Is anyone aware of the process for getting a duplicate. Also, what is the approximate cost. I have a TDCI Titanium Ecosport that comes with request sensors.
I lost my key temporarily as well. A new key + lock cylinder set + reprogramming will set you back by about 5k. Better look for the key again. That's what I did and finally found it deep inside my settee covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
That was quite a testimonial. Thanks for your constructive feedback.

About 3 years back when I bought my car, the roads here in Cochin was terrible. And I think by far I have put my tyres to all probable abuses. But none of them have been regular. I am not a regular highway guy and dont put the throttles so hard on highways. Back home in wayanad the roads have always been great.

Roughly had around 10-12 punctures, 2 tears on the sidewalls which are now vulcanized. GoodYear is very load on the tarmac, and as you said not good during pleasant drives.
They have lasted long as the grip is not that bad with 48K on the odo.

The Bridgestone Duelers on my XUV went till 70K. My cousins Duster had MRF's (probably the most ill treated cars i have seen) had them serve him till 60K.

Anyway thanks for the info, let me add MRF to my search list, still looking for Yokohamas too. I may have to stretch my budget a bit, but MRF should be value for money.
Stay away from MRFs man. I have ZV2K as OEM on my EcoSport and they're horrible. So noisy that every one who's driven it asks me if there is something wrong with the car. More evident on smooth highways when it's louder than the engine.

I don't know about other MRF models though. Ask around in the tyre section before you finalize..

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th June 2017 at 09:41. Reason: Back to back posts.
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 22:32   #11252
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Stay away from MRFs man.
Thanks Vivek, I have been posting this query on the Tyre thread for some time. Havent got any feedback there.

So I want to stick to options around may be 5K or may be less. That limits me to lesser options or indian tyres.
Old 9th May 2017, 22:46   #11253
BHPian

Quote:
I lost my key temporarily as well. A new key + lock cylinder set + reprogramming will set you back by about 5k. Better look for the key again. That's what I did and finally found it deep inside my settee covers.
Since the key has been inside my house, is it possible to get a new key which is identical to the existing key?
Old 10th May 2017, 12:07   #11254

Thats right @sansvk, my service station is arranging Ford engineer's visit to check this issue at their service station. I need not follow this up with Ford directly at current stage. I am waiting for their solution first, then if need be, I will take-up matter directly with Ford.
Old 12th May 2017, 05:18   #11255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeshsurroach View Post
I am also facing same issue with my AT variant Ecosport.
Even I have faced this issue a few times on my Ecosport AT - but with me it's only happened when the vehicle has been unused for at-least 24hrs. With regular running this issue never seems to crop up, so I'm guessing it's something to do with cold start.
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 11:01   #11256
Senior - BHPian

Finally visited the Ford service centre and got my battery replaced. The brake malfunction message kept popping up intermittently and I felt it would be prudent to check the battery.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4166230

The service guy showed me a slip of paper which showed a poor battery reading - said one of the cells was damaged. Hence decided to heed their advice.
Attaching a copy of the bill.
(It says 'proportionately charged' at the bottom - wonder what that means)
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag0891.jpg  

wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 11:16   #11257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
(It says 'proportionately charged' at the bottom - wonder what that means)
The new battery price would have been pro-rated based on the age/warranty of the old one.
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2017, 03:40   #11258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Was the above issue rectified? What was the feedback from the SA?
Apologies for the late response.

About the issue, the SA did not seem to have an explanation as to why this might be happening. Checked with a more senior guy and he mentioned that there might be slight signs of clutch wear. However, they told me that it should get better with a bleed. So they performed a clutch bleed. Have driven about 1k Kms post the 50k service, and it looks like it is much better now, although not completely resolved. If I had to quantify it, I'd say the issue is now about 20% of what it used to be before the service.

About the rubber hose, it sure does sound like a rat bite. I noticed at the ASS where one of the SA was talking to an owner showing him some rat activity in the engine bay where he did say that the wiper hoses are a common prey to rats, other than the easily available injector wires and the other wires around. He told him that a new electrical harness would cost him 75-80k if the issue was untraceable and irreparable. Sent shivers down my spine.
Old 13th May 2017, 09:51   #11259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Finally visited the Ford service centre and got my battery replaced.

what is the battery make? How old is the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitish.h View Post
Apologies for the late response.

About the issue, the SA did not seem to have an explanation as to why this might be happening. Checked with a more senior guy and he mentioned that there might be slight signs of clutch wear. However, they told me that it should get better with a bleed. So they performed a clutch bleed. Have driven about 1k Kms post the 50k service, and it looks like it is much better now, although not completely resolved. If I had to quantify it, I'd say the issue is now about 20% of what it used to be before the service.

About the rubber hose, it sure does sound like a rat bite. I noticed at the ASS where one of the SA was talking to an owner showing him some rat activity in the engine bay where he did say that the wiper hoses are a common prey to rats, other than the easily available injector wires and the other wires around. He told him that a new electrical harness would cost him 75-80k if the issue was untraceable and irreparable. Sent shivers down my spine.
I visited the service centre, the hose issue was a rat entry, got it replaced.
On the clutch, I spoke to the technician during the road test. He was of the opinion to change the whole set, I was like dont even touch it. There is no issues during my city drives, hence leaving it as-is for now.
Old 13th May 2017, 10:06   #11260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what is the battery make? How old is the car
The car is two and a half years old.
The battery make is Motorcraft - it is part of Ford's OE supply.
Old 13th May 2017, 18:49   #11261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvshaun View Post
Since the key has been inside my house, is it possible to get a new key which is identical to the existing key?
That should be possible. But do you really want to have an unlocated third key lying around which will give access to your car? Are you 100% sure that the key is in your house itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Thanks Vivek, I have been posting this query on the Tyre thread for some time. Havent got any feedback there.

So I want to stick to options around may be 5K or may be less. That limits me to lesser options or indian tyres.
I had Chinese make Kenda and Acelera tyres on my old Indigo. They were pretty good and cost about half of Indian makes. As soon as these MRFs wear out or I cover 2 years, I am switching to 15 inch rims and 215/75 tyres for a better ride.
Old 13th May 2017, 19:00   #11262
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I had Chinese make Kenda and Acelera tyres on my old Indigo. They were pretty good and cost about half of Indian makes. As soon as these MRFs wear out or I cover 2 years, I am switching to 15 inch rims and 215/75 tyres for a better ride.
Why would you want to gamble with something as critical as tyres.

There are tried, tested and trusted brands such as Michelin and Bridgestone around, they might cost some more but at least give you that peace of mind about reliability.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2017, 19:07   #11263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Why would you want to gamble with something as critical as tyres.

There are tried, tested and trusted brands such as Michelin and Bridgestone around, they might cost some more but at least give you that peace of mind about reliability.
I've tried and tested them for about 50000 kms personally. I feel they're a lot better than some of the crap that our local manufacturers are pushing on us. I had no quality issues with the tyres, and I did not treat them nicely. The Acelera ones were soft and did not take much punishment, and had great grip. The Kendas wer also pretty good as far as grip was concerned, and I didnt see any issues that I had with the OE Goodyears like frequent punctures, belt failure etc.
Old 15th May 2017, 13:15   #11264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I do not believe in these tried and tested brands. GY Assurance gave me all sorts of trouble. Heard not so great reviews about Michelin. MRF again out of the list.

My GY had handful of punctures and 2 sidewall tears. It was preloaded with loads of road noise. This would be tried and tested but not for our use.

I do not have 30K to spend on tyres on a car that I may use less than 30 K from now on. But again, all on my short personal experience, and I dont wish to label them as wortheless, for me they are not worth the double the amount of smaller alternatives.

Again I am still unclear on where I would land up, so fingers crossed !

Quote:
I've tried and tested them for about 50000 kms personally. The Kendas wer also pretty good as far as grip was concerned, and I didnt see any issues that I had with the OE Goodyears like frequent punctures, belt failure etc.
Kenda, would be a good scout. I am also looking at Bridgestone as an alternative.
I also found JKtyre Ranger at 5100 per tyre. Not sure on that.

Still would look to have a price comparison sheet with Yokohama, Bridgestone, Kenda or anything other that pops in.

Last edited by peterjim13 : 15th May 2017 at 13:18.
Old 16th May 2017, 14:17   #11265
BHPian

Quote:
I visited the service centre, the hose issue was a rat entry, got it replaced.
On the clutch, I spoke to the technician during the road test. He was of the opinion to change the whole set, I was like dont even touch it. There is no issues during my city drives, hence leaving it as-is for now.
Replacing the entire clutch and components for a minor shudder appearing occasionally?
He must be making his ASS branch some good money from customers.

Since you're nearing 40k on the Odo, maybe a bleed will help during the next service visit.

Most Viewed