Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2017, 20:54   #11176
BHPian

Planing to buy ecosport (ecoboost )platinum edition.
Inputs from the ecoboost owners will be helpful in making a decision.
Am having a second thought since the launch of Honda wrv!!
Old 10th April 2017, 14:36   #11177
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Mine is a 3.5 years old car done 26k only.
Now Iam facing rattling noise from the driver's side door. Has anyone else faced this issue.
Planning to consult the service advisor soon..
Old 10th April 2017, 15:02   #11178
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay89 View Post
Planing to buy ecosport (ecoboost )platinum edition.
Inputs from the ecoboost owners will be helpful in making a decision.
Am having a second thought since the launch of Honda wrv!!
I have an Ecoboost since 2013 and I would recommend it whole heartedly. There is no issue with the car. If i'm nitpicking only thing would be the Poor visibility at the front corner due to the A pillar. The car handles city, highway duties with ease. 100-120kmph cruising is easy and comfortable. The space is great for 4 people, so check your requirements.

You can check out my ownership thread and arunphilip's thread to get more info about the long term usage.

As for the comparison to W-RV, if you are not interested in a good performance then I suppose W-RV could be a reasonable option, but it will not give you that SUV feel. It is a better Jazz basically, with much better equipment. The space on offer would be the same.

Also, when i bought the ecoboost the diesel was a good 60-70k over the ecoboost. I believe now its only 30-40k above the ecoboost, so make sure you don't have a high monthly running. The ecoboost gives 12-13 kmpl in purely city conditions. Highways easily 18 to a litre
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 17:31   #11179
BHPian

So what did you do? Did you go to Ford Service every time you wanted a tire change/alignment?

Can I risk fitting the new tyres manually with the wrench.
Appreciate some advise on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Yes, I've had this problem. At first, I thought it was a quality issue with the nuts themselves. Later on, I was given this explanation by an SA.

The EcoSport comes from the factory with wheel nuts that have a conical/dome cap. These wheel nuts are not meant to be removed by power tools, like the impact wrenches that tire shops use, instead they should be removed only by a handheld tool, like wrench that Ford give along with the spare tyre. Using a power tool will squash the cap, which will in turn also deform the nut.
Old 10th April 2017, 20:50   #11180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay89 View Post
Planing to buy ecosport (ecoboost )platinum edition. Am having a second thought since the launch of Honda wrv!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I have an Ecoboost since 2013 and I would recommend it whole heartedly.
I second agambhandari's recommendation.

If the WR-V came with a 1.5L petrol engine, it would have been a worthy alternative to the EcoBoost. But the 1.2L petrol cannot be compared to the excellent EcoBoost, it is a beast on highways in particular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
So what did you do? Did you go to Ford Service every time you wanted a tire change/alignment? Can I risk fitting the new tyres manually with the wrench.
I've probably lost 6 of the nuts due to deformation, and haven't had problems with the remaining 12 (4x4 wheels +2 on the spare = 18 total). Those problem nuts were replaced at Ford.

I've never taken special steps to cater to the nuts, so I would just get my tires changed/rotated at the usual tyre place. If you are nervous, you can pick up a few (2-4) spare nuts to keep in your EcoSport "just in case". If you're mostly a city user, then don't bother.

The nice thing is that since the spare is mounted on the hatch, you have 2 "spare" nuts there that you can remove and use in a pinch (and hand-tighten the deformed nut onto the spare tyre until it is replaced).
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 14:46   #11181
BHPian

Ford EcoSport : Official Review

When I parked my car (2013 Ecosport) yesterday evening, I could hear a whining noise coming from the engine compartment with the engine off but the ignition on. With ignition off there was no noise. When I opened the hood with ignition on, the noise seemed to be coming from a box right next to the battery. Can someone tell me what this might be ? Got this today morning also when I parked in the office basement. Wasn't there in the morning when the car was cold.
Old 11th April 2017, 16:07   #11182
BHPian

A peculiar problem. It had been there for months now, but I didn't care address it. For the first few minutes after starting the car the steering mounted audio controls do not work at all. After a few mins, they start working, but now, the buttons are mixed up. Say, I press vol down, it skips the track, etc. And after about 5-10 mins, everything starts working normally. All along, the console mounted controls works just fine.

Strange, isn't it? Any ideas?
Old 11th April 2017, 16:38   #11183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
A peculiar problem. It had been there for months now, but I didn't care address it. For the first few minutes after starting the car the steering mounted audio controls do not work at all. After a few mins, they start working, but now, the buttons are mixed up. Say, I press vol down, it skips the track, etc. And after about 5-10 mins, everything starts working normally. All along, the console mounted controls works just fine.

Strange, isn't it? Any ideas?
Please check for rat bites on the wires or damage per-se to the wires connecting console to the steering wheel buttons. Or it could be a weak Battery. How old is the current battery?
Old 11th April 2017, 19:49   #11184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Please check for rat bites on the wires or damage per-se to the wires connecting console to the steering wheel buttons. Or it could be a weak Battery. How old is the current battery?
As old as the car. About 4 years. During the recent service the battery was rated as good.

The behaviour pattern do not point towards rat bite. The problem invariably goes away after 5-10mins.
Old 11th April 2017, 23:18   #11185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
When I parked my car (2013 Ecosport) yesterday evening, I could hear a whining noise coming from the engine compartment with the engine off but the ignition on. With ignition off there was no noise. When I opened the hood with ignition on, the noise seemed to be coming from a box right next to the battery. Can someone tell me what this might be ? Got this today morning also when I parked in the office basement. Wasn't there in the morning when the car was cold.
I'm thinking I'll take the car to the service centre tomorrow morning before work. I haven't observed anything in day to day driving but I don't want to take a chance. The whine (more like a transformer type electric whine than engine whine) is consistent and I can hear it easily without opening the hood also now.
Old 12th April 2017, 01:51   #11186
BHPian

Hello to my fellow tbhpians!
Need some help with my Ford Ecosport AT.
My car is now around 18m old and this is the second time my radiator fan motor has failed. The first time it failed I had got it replaced with an OEM motor salvaged from another Ecosport (around 42k kms). The car is now at 66k kms and the motor has failed again.
I ensure that the coolant levels are in check at all times.
Anyone else here has faced this issue with their Ecosport or an Ecosport they know of?
A few points to note:
1. My car is a tourist vehicle running with Uber in Mumbai so wear & tear is higher than normal. (Although I believe this is definitely abnormal)
2. My car runs on CNG, which is believed to run hotter than petrol, however, I drive only during the night when the temperatures are comparatively cooler.
3. Let's not discuss warranty. READ: CNG conversion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I just realized that the radiator fan has failed at 10pm last night when I started work as the AC cutoff at a traffic signal and with prior experience I checked and confirmed that the radiator fan isn't working.
Old 12th April 2017, 10:58   #11187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
I'm thinking I'll take the car to the service centre tomorrow morning before work. I haven't observed anything in day to day driving but I don't want to take a chance. The whine (more like a transformer type electric whine than engine whine) is consistent and I can hear it easily without opening the hood also now.

So it turns out the sound is coming from the headlight motor. Getting it replaced under (extended) warranty. Hoping that'll fix the problem.
Old 12th April 2017, 11:58   #11188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
my radiator fan motor has failed.

2. My car runs on CNG, which is believed to run hotter than petrol, however, I drive only during the night when the temperatures are comparatively cooler.

the AC cutoff at a traffic signal and with prior experience I checked and confirmed that the radiator fan isn't working.
Does the Fan itself conk off permanently everytime? Are you sure it's not the relay or some other component? And if it is the fan then there's not much you can do. Except replacing it. If you can, try to find a similar RPM motor of another car radiator which fits and try that one.

Yes CNG makes the engine run hotter and maybe this particular model of fan motor can't take the heat. It's not common but it's very much possible. A retrofit from another car can be a solution but be very sure that the other motor has an RPM at least as high as the original one or you will end up with more problems than you imagined. Not a good thing in this climate. Believe me.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 14:18   #11189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Does the Fan itself conk off permanently everytime? Are you sure it's not the relay or some other component?.
Update: Thankfully the fan motor is working fine - there's a loose contact within the fan connector pin. The car is at my regular FNG getting this issue fixed. Should be done in a few hours.
One strange thing I've noticed on a few Ecosports and also on the Figo is that when the vehicle is stationary with AC on the radiator fan keeps switching on and off every 15-20 seconds. Initially I had thought of this as an issue the SA at Ford SC showed me a few other Ecosports where the same thing happened. He said that it's normal behavior with Ford vehicles. I then went on to check the same on both my Figos and even they do the same.
Doesn't this constant switching on and off put unnecessary strain on the fan motor?
Old 12th April 2017, 17:37   #11190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
One strange thing I've noticed on a few Ecosports and also on the Figo is that when the vehicle is stationary with AC on the radiator fan keeps switching on and off every 15-20 seconds.
Doesn't this constant switching on and off put unnecessary strain on the fan motor?
There's nothing strange about that. And no, it doesn't put strain on the fan motor. In fact it's better because the fan is more rested.

Most modern vehicles like Ford, some newer Hyundai vehicles,etc have an active heat exchanger type of mechanism built into the AC system which basically uses the excess hot and cold sides of the system to complement each other and hence increase efficiency and performance greatly.

In the bargain, this brings down the high pressure side of the system to levels where the fan doesn't have to work continuously to bring it down. Also the compressor enjoys longer life and condenser fan is less stressed out. All in all a smart system which works for the good of all. That's why a Ford always gives that edge in cooling. Superb it is.
pixantz is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks