Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2016, 11:34   #10426
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnruben View Post
No, its not inclusive of accessories. See attachment for Accessory price list.
This seems to be on the higher side; take a quote from another dealer to negotiate.

Quote:
I guess i will loose auto dimming IRVM if i install the reverse camera, as it comes with Titanium plus, so a little bit confused there.
True; but the reverse camera is much more useful and necessary than the auto-dimming feature.

Quote:
Metro ford is quoting ~39k for insurance, 21k is a superb deal breaker, how did you get at that price ? does it include bumper to bumper ? If i am getting insurance outside, what is the procedure ?
This is 0-dep, but not bumper-bumper. New India does not offer bumper-bumper I believe.

Although I'm not certain, what you get more in b-b over 0-dep is consumables, such as oil and filters.

The pure 0-dep policy was 19k; I took an engine protector add-on which covers water-damage to the engine.

I just called up an agent and took the policy; definitely don't go with the dealer on this.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 12:58   #10427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
This seems to be on the higher side; take a quote from another dealer to negotiate.

Although I'm not certain, what you get more in b-b over 0-dep is consumables, such as oil and filters.

The pure 0-dep policy was 19k; I took an engine protector add-on which covers water-damage to the engine.
I thought all dealer prices for car will be same.

I was checking coverfox and oriental insurance quote was coming to 25k for 10.5 IDV with 0-dep, but no engine protector.
Old 2nd August 2016, 13:03   #10428
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I thought all dealer prices for car will be same.

I was checking coverfox and oriental insurance quote was coming to 25k for 10.5 IDV with 0-dep, but no engine protector.
My SA said Ford has four preferred insurance vendors: Tata AIG, Iffco Tokio, New India and Royal Sundaram and although I did not get a convincing answer on this, he said, having a cover from one of these four gives cashless benefits at any Ford A.S.S.

Luckily, I've had a good experience with New India on our other cars and got a good quote from them so did not bother finding out what it is to take a policy from outside these four.
Old 2nd August 2016, 18:07   #10429
BHPian

Hello there had one query.

For The Ecosport is any facelift or feature addition expected in October this year? Looking forward to changes such as electronic folding ORVMs and reverse parking camera.

Any idea would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 2nd August 2016, 20:11   #10430
BANNED

Source: http://www.motor1.com/news/79934/201...ied-in-europe/

Facelifted Ecosport for Europe will be built in Europe, and won't be exported from India. This will help in increasing the India sales of Ecosport, IMO.

But see the comment:

"The one on sale today was engineered primarily to cater the Indian market, so its quality is not quite on par with other small SUVs sold in Europe."

Last edited by romeomidhun : 2nd August 2016 at 20:36.
Old 2nd August 2016, 21:41   #10431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
My SA said Ford has four preferred insurance vendors: Tata AIG, Iffco Tokio, New India and Royal Sundaram and although I did not get a convincing answer on this, he said, having a cover from one of these four gives cashless benefits at any Ford A.S.S.

Luckily, I've had a good experience with New India on our other cars and got a good quote from them so did not bother finding out what it is to take a policy from outside these four.
I am doing the same.....

Finally booked Ecosport today, thank you all for your help.

1. Got ~5k discount on accessories all together, they are not giving anything else. total accessories coming close to ~30k
2. No free extended warranty or 4th year warranty
3. Insurance was too high, so have opted outside. will be checking coverfox and others.
4. Handling fees has been removed, see my current attachment....it has been carefully added along with ex showroom cost (refer my previous attachment for comparison) [Previously ex showroom was 9, 93, 565 and now its 9, 98, 999 - very cunning.]

I have booked Diamond white Diesel titanium plus. SA told me 2 vehicles of july last week are in transit and will be reaching in 4-5 days. upon confirmation will do PDI and update here.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-quote.jpeg  

johnruben is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 11:19   #10432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3. Insurance was too high, so have opted outside. will be checking coverfox and others.
Check with National insurance, normally no one can match their quote. And claim is always good with govt insurance companies..
Old 3rd August 2016, 12:00   #10433
BHPian

Buying process of a Ford Ecosport Ecoboost in Mumbai

Hi All,

I am just 2 weeks old as a member (Though have been following for about 2 years).

I am currently driving a Grand i10 (1.2 Sportz VTVT) and my car is 2 years old, 20K on ODO. I have been looking for a Ford Ecosport since last 2 months and here is my experience.

I test drove the 1.5 Ltr petrol and felt that the power was not considerably better than my existing car(Somebody told me its because the car is heavy and so on), hence I started looking for the Ecoboost engine as I want a fun to drive car.

There is not a single dealership in Mumbai who has a Ecoboost engine for test drive. Some are asking me to book it without a test drive and rest of them are pushing the 1.5 ltr petrol or diesel. I get excuses like the Ecoboost doesn't sell much ( around 4-5 cars out of 100) hence no test drive available.

I chased Ford India over phone, social networking etc but nothing seems to be working out.

I am very curious know -

Is it a case everyone suffers from before buying a ecoboost ?

Will there be any problem in terms of after sales service if I buy the car?

I can see lot of complains as far as A.S.S is concerned at least on their Facebook page etc. How the existing Ecosport owners will respond to that

Does the ecoboost make sense or should I consider the diesel variant ?

I also like the Renault Duster 85 PS but find the top trim priced very steeply and the RXL model does not have dual airbags/Alloy wheels which are one of my priorities (I am also not sure if it has ABS). However the SA of Renault (THANE) is far better than those of FORD

Please help me taking an informed/sensible decision

Thanks
Soumya
Old 3rd August 2016, 13:05   #10434
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Buying process of a Ford Ecosport Ecoboost in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisissoumya View Post
I test drove the 1.5 Ltr petrol and felt that the power was not considerably better than my existing car(Somebody told me its because the car is heavy and so on), hence I started looking for the Ecoboost engine as I want a fun to drive car.
Yep, the 1.5 petrol is lethargic when combined with the weight of the EcoSport, and is nowhere as punchy as the older 1.6 petrol that came in the Fiesta/Classic. Your best choices are one of the turbocharged engines - either the EcoBoost or the diesel.

Quote:
There is not a single dealership in Mumbai who has a Ecoboost engine for test drive. Is it a case everyone suffers from before buying a ecoboost ?
This is definitely odd - when the EcoSport launched, the EcoBoost and diesel were the cars available for TD, and it was the 1.5 petrol that was very absent for TDs. I'm surprised that across the greater Mumbai area there's isn't even one EcoBoost TD vehicle.

Quote:
Will there be any problem in terms of after sales service if I buy the car?
I've never faced any difficulties in the after sales service of my EcoBoost. While the EcoBoost is not the most popular engine, it is still found quite good acceptance in the market. So I don't envisage any problems here.

Quote:
EcoBoost vs. diesel depends on your driving patterns. Both are very capable engines with their own advantages. Surprisingly enough, if you drive in the city much more, then it is the diesel that is the preferable engine.

Check this post and the ones before it for a similar debate of EcoBoost vs. diesel: Link to post
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 13:06   #10435
BHPian

Quote:
4. Handling fees has been removed, see my current attachment....it has been carefully added along with ex showroom cost (refer my previous attachment for comparison) [Previously ex showroom was 9, 93, 565 and now its 9, 98, 999 - very cunning.]
Can they change the Ex-show room prices?,
its from Ford, i believe they can only add accessories, insurance etc. to bloat up the cost.
Ford india site still shows the old price
http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Bl...rue&blobkey=id
junky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 13:21   #10436
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Buying process of a Ford Ecosport Ecoboost in Mumbai

Quote:
Hi All,

There is not a single dealership in Mumbai who has a Ecoboost engine for test drive. Some are asking me to book it without a test drive and rest of them are pushing the 1.5 ltr petrol or diesel. I get excuses like the Ecoboost doesn't sell much ( around 4-5 cars out of 100) hence no test drive available.

I also like the Renault Duster 85 PS but find the top trim priced very steeply and the RXL model does not have dual airbags/Alloy wheels which are one of my priorities (I am also not sure if it has ABS). However the SA of Renault (THANE) is far better than those of FORD

Please help me taking an informed/sensible decision

Thanks
Soumya

Are you only looking for the Fun to Drive factor and is that what is prompting you to look for a change? Or is it a Fun to Drive + SUV kind of vehicle (based on the fact that you are have looked at the Duster too?) What are your other requirements driving the need for a change?

2 year and 20K run seems to be too soon to change a generally good car like the Grand i10. Hence the question.

To your specific question, quite surprising that no dealer has an Ecoboost TD vehicle. A few months back I had visited a dealership with a friend (here in Bangalore) and they had an Ecoboost for TD.

There are 2 other Turbo petrol's in this price range, The Fiat Linea T Jet and the Polo/Vento TSI. If Fun to Drive petrol is the key thing you are looking for, then worth looking at these options. If diesel, then the Ecosport Diesel is probably a good bet.

One key input is: Do not buy the car without a test drive.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 3rd August 2016 at 13:25. Reason: Adding a quote since the post moved
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 13:45   #10437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Check with National insurance, normally no one can match their quote. And claim is always good with govt insurance companies..
I wanted to give a try but heard some negative feedback with government insurance companies that the claim procedure gets dragged to 6-8 months+

Have you done any claim and is it as fast as private one's out there ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by junky View Post
Can they change the Ex-show room prices?,
its from Ford, i believe they can only add accessories, insurance etc. to bloat up the cost.
Ford india site still shows the old price
http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Bl...rue&blobkey=id
Seems like they have updated on their website the new pricing, see attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport.png  

johnruben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 14:14   #10438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have you done any claim and is it as fast as private one's out there ?
I have done claims for my CITY with National insurance, its pretty seamless. Using the same from last 6 years. But with Honda, National insurance is also Honda assurance/recommended.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 18:47   #10439
BHPian

I am just trying to modify the front grill. I have photoshopped the front grill with some ideas as below.
I have a spare front grill and chrome strip from aliexpress so I can modify the front grill for a new look.

Here are the ideas. Let me know which one looks good. Last one is from new Figo.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-eco-grill-3-mod.png.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-eco-grill-4-mod.png.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-eco-grill6.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th August 2016 at 07:07. Reason: Please use capitalisation wherever necessary. Thanks!
jhenu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 19:15   #10440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhenu View Post
I am just trying to modify the front grill. I have photoshopped the front grill with some ideas as below.
I have a spare front grill and chrome strip from aliexpress so I can modify the front grill for a new look.

Here are the ideas. Let me know which one looks good. Last one is from new Figo.
My choice would be option 1 followed by option 3 & then 2.
Do post pics after you decide and get it fixed.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th August 2016 at 07:08. Reason: Quoted post edited.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks