Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2017, 22:31   #11401
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG
My petrol AT gave 25.1 KMPL with no AC and 23.5 with AC at 80KM speed in ECR, Chennai.
This is amazing. Your car puts my Aspire TDCi to shame.

May be this was the same car which Ford gave to ARAI for mileage certification purpose.
NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 18:47   #11402

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
During my nearly 2 years of Ford Ecosport ownership, the only single complaint that i have is seems to be recurring again and again. The one and only "SYNC" issue. The SYNC is connected. However on trying to play music from the mobile, the phone gets disconnected. I did the tried and tested method i.e master reset but even that is not working for me. The last thing i want to do is to land up at the service center. I would appreciate any suggestions regarding the same.
Try disconnecting the battery from the terminals. That forces a hard reset on the SYNC system. In case that doesn't work either then you should take it to the service center. If the car is under warranty then you needn't worry about it costing you anything.
Old 19th August 2017, 20:27   #11403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
My petrol AT gave 25.1 KMPL with no AC and 23.5 with AC at 80KM speed in ECR, Chennai.
I stay in Kathgodam and do daily drive to Rudrapur on a light footed drive without AC it was able to extract 29.7kmpl Rs 1000 fetched 514kms it is indeed a gem of a engine the TDCi mine is a 2016 June Titanium

Last edited by theMAG : 20th August 2017 at 01:17. Reason: Maximum 2 smileys per post
kkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 11:08   #11404
BHPian

After more than a year of being 'in the market' for a new car, I decided on booking a Figo and went to the showroom to finalize yesterday. But the sales guy confused me thoroughly. Apparently there is a Nov 2016 manufactured Ecosport Ambiente with 75k discount. This is nearly matching the Figo T+ price.

I am personally willing to forego the top end features of Figo and go with the base variant ecosport.

But I am concerned if it is a good idea to buy a Ford car idling in the yard for 10 months. Any thoughts?
Old 20th August 2017, 12:23   #11405
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
But I am concerned if it is a good idea to buy a Ford car idling in the yard for 10 months. Any thoughts?
Absolutely not.

Get a freshly minted car, even if it means you have to get the Figo over the EcoSport. There is no upside to getting such an old "new" car.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 12:38   #11406
BHPian

Quote:
After more than a year of being 'in the market' for a new car, I decided on booking a Figo and went to the showroom to finalize yesterday. But the sales guy confused me thoroughly. Apparently there is a Nov 2016 manufactured Ecosport Ambiente with 75k discount. This is nearly matching the Figo T+ price.

I am personally willing to forego the top end features of Figo and go with the base variant ecosport.

veryron_head,

If it was a slow selling model like Fiat Linea, I'd still consider. However a fast-selling Ecosport sitting idle in the yard for 10 months? Hard to believe it. It could have been used for display/test-drives. If you do want to go for it, you need to scrutinize the car properly (i.e. 10x scrutiny as normal) and decide if it's worth the discount. Is this a Petrol or a Diesel that you are looking at?
jetti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 12:40   #11407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
veryron_head,

If it was a slow selling model like Fiat Linea, I'd still consider. However a fast-selling Ecosport sitting idle in the yard for 10 months? Hard to believe it. It could have been used for display/test-drives. If you do want to go for it, you need to scrutinize the car properly (i.e. 10x scrutiny as normal) and decide if it's worth the discount. Is this a Petrol or a Diesel that you are looking at?
Thanks. It is a diesel.
Old 20th August 2017, 12:49   #11408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I will recommend not to. I have bought 2 Ecosports in this year and both were AT petrol models which one would expect to have lesser demand compared to the diesel variants. And still each time I got a fresh car which was less than a month old according to the VIN. There is no honourable reason for a diesel Ecosport to have not moved for so long.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 16:19   #11409

I'd suggest you go for the Ecosport; afterall you're getting a vehicle of the next segment.

However, before you make the purchase, bargain hard and get at least a 1.25L discount.

In addition, bring along a good neighborhood mechanic to go over every part of the vehicle so you know what you're getting. Surely you're getting a vehicle which has probably done some time as a test vehicle, or was used by the dealer as a personal vehicle, which is fair deal for a good discount.

The important thing is you know what you're getting for your money.

The Ecosport is a far better vehicle than the Figo. You won't regret the buy.
patekgeneve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 17:19   #11410
BANNED

Quote:
Sir, please stay away.

EcoSport being a decently selling car, it is an eye-brow raising situation that the car is sitting idle at the yard from the past 10 months. And 10 months of sitting would have definitely taken some toll in the car.

There must be some reason that the car hasn't found a home and is waiting for one.

Get yourself a Figo Titanium+ over the EcoSport no matter what discounts you are given by the dealer.

Peace of mind is one very important factor in the car ownership and I don't want you to create a new thread later during your ownership on the niggles/issues being faced by you.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 17:30   #11411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg
There is no honourable reason for a diesel Ecosport to have not moved for so long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti
However a fast-selling Ecosport sitting idle in the yard for 10 months?
That car in question is a bare-bone base variant (Ambiente)

I may be wrong, but if I look around, I see unusually low number of EcoSport base model in the road. It is possible that being base model, the car has failed find a home.

Plus, usually base variant isn't offered as TD or display car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyeron_head
It's a calculated risk. If you are confident in your car checking skill to sniff out any indication of vehicle usage, then give the car a good look.

If all looks ok, then try to push the dealer for more discount and the five year warranty extension is a must.

Guys who raised doubts and red flag on 10 month old car aren't wrong with their fear and reasons, but some time for genuine reason and luck, you may find an honest deal.

As I said, it's a calculated risk. So proceed with caution.
NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 23:23   #11412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
That car in question is a bare-bone base variant (Ambiente)
If you can an invoice warranty of 2 years from the date of delivery and add-on free 2 years extended warranty, I see no reason for rejecting the car. Just ask for a new battery and set of tires from some other car in their stock for free. If you are able to get these, then everything would be fine. Just do a proper PDI and refuse to take delivery if you see any red pointers.

Also, consider doing the first free service of Oil change and all filter changes after first 1000km instead of ford stated 2500 km in this case.

Last edited by BB311 : 20th August 2017 at 23:25. Reason: forgot another point to be noticed
BB311 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 11:21   #11413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am personally willing to forego the top end features of Figo and go with the base variant ecosport. ..
Does this Ambient come with the safety kit? ABS is definitely not offered on this trim and IIRC, Ford made airbags standard on the Ecosport around Nov. '16, so my guess is this particular vehicle will not have the airbags too.

For this reason alone I would suggest you skip this and get the Figo.
fiat_tarun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 10:11   #11414
BHPian

Does Ford have an authorized sales channel for its spare parts ?
Like Maruthi MGA spare shops ?

If yes, who is the dealer in Bangalore. Upon searching online i got the name of
2 shops
1) JK Automobiles / Prime Automobiles
2) VST Ford ( Also mentioned on the Ford website, but nobody is answering the calls to these guys. Also google search says they are closed permanently)

Last edited by Endless.... : 22nd August 2017 at 10:13.
Old 22nd August 2017, 10:17   #11415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless....
2) VST Ford ( but this shop has shut shop)
Ford website still list this shop with their spare parts distributor network.

https://www.india.ford.com/owner/for...s-distributor/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Website
Bangalore
VST Ford Spares

Ground Floor, No.80/ A2
1st Main, 3rd Cross
Industrial Suburb, II Stage
Yeshwanthpur
Bangalore - 560022
Tel: +91 080 41123223
fordspares.wh@vstautoparts.com